Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
DarkLink2135's Journal

-=>The Anti Utilitarian<=- || What's good for me is good for everyone else.

DarkLink2135's Journal Statistics
View DarkLink2135's profile
Entries 5 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 2038
Replies DarkLink2135 has made 5 comments [view stats]
Comments 13 comments (2.6 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to DarkLink2135 [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not DarkLink2135's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 10, 2008 - 03:01 PM
SQL
Foreboding
Hmm, I think I'm actually starting to like this language. Enough to write about it in a place where maybe one other person will read about it and less will care :P. It's pure logic manipulation within a defined data structure. Everything I like about programming with all the hard bits thrown out.

Although it does seem ironic that I'm learning something that barely has the qualifications to be called a programming language AFTER I managed to master Java...urgh. I don't think I have any pleasant memories about Java.

Oh and Ruby...I think I've finally found a language I'll want to stick with. Just started an introduction to it in one of my classes. It's like Java with all the gay shit ripped out of it, and a bit of the flexibility I like about JavaScript, minus the ambiguity.

Well I've got a night of Java programming combined with designing an interface to a term project, so no WoW for me . Maybe I'll have enough time to fit in piano practice.

Does life get less hectic after college?

Additional Entry Made Within The Hour (Ecuador):
Two entries in one day w/e. So this time I actually have serious questions here, about overseas travel. I'm going to Ecuador this June to fulfill Spanish credit hour requirements for my BA, and because I want to take a trip before I spend the next 20 years of my life paying off my college loans.

I've never been outside the country before. I've not even been outside a neighboring state.

Mostly I'm concerned about air travel - what's allowed in your luggage, what isn't, what can I bring back from Ecuador via plane, etc. I understand recently they've relaxed regulations concerning luggage as long as it's in the cargo section, not above you in those little storage compartments.

Currently Playing: Nile - Cast Down the Heretic

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Mar 9, 2008 - 09:14 AM
I have a Wii!!!
Distracted
So I went into K-Mart this morning to get some deodorant because I've been out for a week (I know, disgusting, isn't it?) and as soon as I step in the door, this pear-shaped woman yells "WEEEEEE!!!!" at me. I freeze in my tracks, kind of wondering if I'm being framed for a holdup or something. Whatever she wants it's kind of unnerving.

I started to slowly glance behind me trying to see how fast I could make a break for it if she attacked me.

"You here for a WIIIIIIII?"

Me, of course, being the gargantuan idiot that I am, stammered "Umm....uh...I....no?"

"OH-KAY!"

I slowly crept my way around her into the area where the deodorant is kept when I realized what I'd just done . So I called my mother (I'm in college, I don't have money for these kinds of things!) and asked if she wanted me to get one for her, and she was all like "HELL YES" in a suppressed sort of way and she checked with Dad to make sure who of course always agrees to make her happy . So I got ticket #9/10 and headed back to electronics to pick up a brand new Wii along with Mario Galaxy and the nifty little nunchaku attachment.

As I left the store the same group of like 10 employees (and the pear-shaped woman) were eyeballing me, but I guess I'm skinny and look quick enough that they figured it wasn't worth chasing me down to steal the Wii off me.

Currently Playing: Spheres of Madness - Decapitated

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Feb 3, 2007 - 04:30 AM
PooNuggets from the Stars
Well, apparantly hanging around with RushJet1 has had some good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) side effects. Got ahold of FamiTracker, used to make chiptune music. Messed around with it for an hour or two, and with a couple suggestions from RushJet1, made the following chiptune song.

PooNuggets From The Stars

I called it this because it sounds kind of spacey, and its kind of crappy being that it's my first song and all.

Keep in mind this is the first song I've ever even COMPOSED, much less the first chiptune I've made.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Nov 2, 2006 - 10:37 PM
New speakers today :).
Ecstatic
$20 each at a flea market....f'ing sweet

(The are the ones on the bottom, ones up top I got for $15 each at another flea market, lol).

The new ones are 200W each, ones up top are 130W each.

Ones on bottom sound much better .

Currently Playing: Apocalypse Please - Muse

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Sep 1, 2006 - 03:12 AM
Bad Computer Bug.
Tired
Someone suggested this would make a better journal entry, and I then realized I had never set mine up. So, here you go, my first journal entry, complements go to Eleo.

Well, I was experiencing some weird buzzing sounds, like a fan wire being caught. I popped off the side, lo and behold:

I poked at it and it seems dead, so I'm leaving it there [Smile] .

Update: It was alive. I heard a VERY large buzzing sound and when I popped the case side back off, it was sitting on top of my sound card. I went to shut the computer down, and when I came back around a bit later, it was starting to crawl between my sound card and modem. A very tight fit, even for a bug. I poked at it with a pencil and knocked it around until it was on the floor.

A PERFECT target for the bottoms of my black New Balance tennis shoes.

I now know what those freaking chirping sounds were from that I've been hearing all week. What puzzles me is how the frick it got in there.

Just some more info, the bug is a cicada. I never made mention of that because in the Midwest, people just recognize cicada's on sight, because they are so numerous =/. Sorry about that for curious parties, lol.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
DarkLink2135's Journal