Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Shenlon's Journal

Shenlon's Journal Statistics
View Shenlon's profile
Entries 34 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 11897
Replies Shenlon has made 102 comments [view stats]
Comments 102 comments (3 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 27 props given to Shenlon [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Shenlon's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Apr 17, 2010 - 08:18 AM
Short kick ass review and comparison
Feels Kick Ass
*Major spoilers marked in spoilers*

Saw the movie last night and despite the changes from the comic book, I honestly thought that it turned out awesome as it's own movie.
At first there are minor changes, like a few scenes taking place at daytime instead of at night, or a character who should have been female is now a male in the movie.
It's not after Red Mist appears that the plot starts taking a huge turn away from the comics but that's not a bad thing. I honestly liked the changes. I'm sure the regular audience wouldn't have liked the ending plot of the comic book so the changes for the movie are understandable.
Movies with Nicholas Cage usually have great trailers but the movie itself is boring and broken. This one, I'm glad I found an exception. In fact, Cage rocked it.
It's not a movie to take seriously, lots of cursing, violence, stupid lines, but the movie is just something to have fun with and I certainly had fun watching it.
If you read the comic book, it's worth watching because of the changes and few added plots points. If you didn't read it, it's still worth watching if you like comic book movies or action in general.

Here are a few things in particular which I Liked and disliked from the changes in the movie from the comic.

Spoiler:

Finding Mr. Bitey. It was a small scene in order to transition into his first act of heroism. In the comic, Kick Ass is simply walking down the street with his costume and gets mistaken for a pervert and is harassed to take his dick out because he's a pervert. Oh the irony.

Red Mist is automatically portrayed as a villain. In the comic it wasn't revealed that he was the Boss's son until the end but we all knew it. It didn't treat the audience like an idiot by trying to make you think he was a hero. At least that's how I feel.

Big Daddy's Death, I loved this scene. Better than the comic in my opinion because it was much more tragic and the way Big Daddy was yelling out orders was awesome. Although in the comic book he died for a different reason after finally revealing who he really is.

The comic book plot, which big daddy is actually a mega comic dork who wanted to give hit girl a fun life. I don't know how to feel about this. Would this plot actually make any sense in movie form? I liked the portrayal of big daddy being an actual hero in the movie but I like the psycho twist in the comic. This is why the comic and the movie should be seen differently I feel.

The only big gripe I have is the Jetpack. Did they really feel that they needed to put a sense of a "Superhero" by making kick ass fly? I don't know, I saw it and thought "Holy shit thats kinda awesome" but at the same time I felt that it didn't belong. For a movie that didn't need any CG or Green/Blue screens, they should have been able to do without this. It felt out of place.

BTW, it might be a bit irresponsible, (and we never do this, I swear.) but we didn't have a babysitter for my niece so we took her (she's 5). We covered her eyes at the two sexual scenes, which I knew about beforehand, and let her watch the rest.
She loved it. After it was over she said, "I want to be Hitgirl for Holloween".

Currently Playing: Kick Ass Soundtrack

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Jan 2, 2010 - 08:59 AM
PS3 Yellow light . . . . AGAIN!
So I sent my ps3 for repairs back in june and I got back a refurbished unit, yesterday on new years day no less, I played five minutes worth of game and the ps3 turned off and got the yellow light again. Needless to say, I was fucking pissed off.
I randomly tried to turn on the ps3 after a bad nights sleep this morning and it actually turned on!
But now I'm afraid to use it in fear of yellow light.

Does anyone know what this means? How long does my PS3 have till it hits the bucket?
I really don't want to waste another 150 in repairs just for a few months of activity then have it crap out on me. I'd rather get a brand new ps3 slim since it's cheaper now and it'll last longer than refurbished units but my 80gb ps3 plays ps2 games so it's hard to just abondon it. (Especially since I don't have my ps2 anymore >_>)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Nov 26, 2009 - 08:52 AM
Goo Ban
I bought a little game called World of Goo for like a penny and got banned for a month, which I thought was a joke but now I know that when it comes to popular games, they don't fuck around here.

I didn't even play the game, nor did I download it, but because I got banned for it I may as well try it out. I just hope the link they sent me to download it doesn't expire anytime soon.
Truth be told I don't play pc games so much, I just bought it for the sake of seeing if they actually sold it for a penny, which they did.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

May 19, 2009 - 09:53 AM
A glorious Yellow Light on my PS3
I was tired of playing SF4 (by the way, why does no one else play this X|) so I decided to play some good ol' HD remix since I haven't played it for a long ass while, went into a lobby and then all of a sudden the ps3 turned off and started blinking red. Went to reset it and turn it back on and then it blinks Red, Yellow, Red.

I looked it up and as it turns out, since my warranty is ovah, I need call up sony, pay $150, send it in a box they provide, and they send a refurbished one with possible loss to my hdd saves. I dont even know if they'll send the same model (which plays ps2 games).
I also looked up some repairs that could work which would require alot of my time, a fucking heatgun, paste, and fucking screwing screws. (has anyone here actually done this =/)

So yeah I'm screwed out of PS3 for a long while, which fucking sucks cause I just found out how to play MKV files from the media server, and SF4 is fucking stuck in the goddam system ><!!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing: My Ps3 is broken bitch! WTF would I be playing!!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Apr 22, 2009 - 04:52 PM
Sketches of the lost
Bleh, i hit the point where I've felt uninspired to finish anything up. I can finish up a drawing up to 80% and then just look at it and think "this looks corny or just not good at all".
I went back to some of my old folders and found some of the things I never finished over the last one or two years so I thought I'd share them for the hell of it.

This first one i drew up in SAI which is the most recent (earlier this year) I tried to color and detail up to the point where I didn't need the sketchy outlines but it turned out like melting crap.
Spoiler:

This is a much older one which I tried to do in a "cute" way. Failed.
It was also done in photoshop which i'm not any good at making outlines with
Spoiler:

I tried to do a a pen vs pen battle here and I just didn't feel it anymore. Again Photoshop
Spoiler:

Cyberpunk sorta thing. This was more of a "i'll finish it later" sort of thing. Never did.
Spoiler:

Last one, very old. Needless to say, Phailed
Spoiler:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Mar 25, 2009 - 02:06 PM
Left4deadzies
I took advantage of the weekend that left4dead went on sale for 25 dorru.
That was 4 weeks ago. I finally installed it played one game and found out I sucked. The thing is, I'm not a huge pc gamer, After I while of playing an fps on the pc my wrist start hurting and burning. This is why I usually just plug in a gamepad, problem is the ps2 usb adapter is retarded on this game. The analogs Just don't work the way they should.

But either way I will still play. Who will join me?
Steam account Ani_zeke

P.S. other than this game, bioshock is the only other game I have played for pc. So expect noobish shooting (at ur head)

Currently Playing: Later

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Feb 28, 2009 - 08:23 AM
HD What!? HD Channels?! What?!
so last week along with a laptop I finally got a very nice 32' hdtv. I did auto scan and these digital channels popped up magically thanks to the new HD era. Now I just can't go back to normal broadcasting (unless I'm forced) because it feels like someone rubbed my face in dirt and stabbed me in the eyes.
Hooked up my ps3 on it and nearly vomited rainbows from the excitement, it was like getting my ps3 all over again. I played on a 19' sdtv before this and now i just want to drop the bastard out a window and into someones head so they can feel the pain of this tv.
It's the first time in a long time I was able to afford something like this but I guess poor people like myself need to spoil ourselves once in a while.

I also got Left4Dead last weekend for the 25$ special and I just couldn't pass it up. I haven't played it yet since I want to get a new hdd before I install it (11gb free space lolzrmlaostfu) SF4, KZ2, my bro's laptop. I bought so much stuff this last two weeks and not a single pair of pants =/

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Feb 12, 2009 - 01:27 PM
So I finally did something nice
I got my stuck up asshole douch of a bro a brand newly used laptop. Which was used.
I got it incredibly cheap cause its so awesomely used, but you can hardly tell it was used. Except for my curious little fingerprints all over the screen, and the stickers that look like they're coming off, and some parts look faded, But nontheless! It is 17 inch sony vaio that I practically got for nothing which i decided to give to my bro so he can stop complaining that we never get him anything.
But in all fairness, why would I get anyone anything when they already have the money to get it themselves

Currently Playing: the wind, cause its fucking windy

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Jan 30, 2009 - 11:25 PM
So for the first time in years. . .
I slipped and fell on some fucking Ice. The black ice that's hardly noticeable.
I was just walking to the fucking bank (yeah I know, who the hell walks a block anymore), all confident because I was used to ice and snow and was wearing my awesome boots but then before I knew it (seriously I didn't), one foot swayed forward. Then everything went slow, I was actually watching myself fall. My left foot went midway up, then the other one tried to keep balance but followed the other one, then my whole body leaned back and BOOM. Thanks to my arms being in my pockets, most of the fall went to the upper part of my left ass cheek, which turns out to be much harder than I thought because it didn't hurt as much. Pain went away almost immidiately.
Then I just got up and kept walking, I checked the front and behind me to see if anyone saw, but it was an empty street. If someone did see, they must have been admiring the fall from inside the house because it was beautiful.

Here's a very detailed drawrring on how it happened
Spoiler:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Jan 20, 2009 - 01:37 PM
Reason to draw = wasting time
What better reason is there right? And since I took the time to get Paint Tool Sai I might as well use it.
It's more fan art but I'm trying many different styles in coloring so I can try to improve since it has never been my strong suite.

All hail Luluche
Spoiler:

Made this on in corel when my Sai trial ran out

Spoiler:

Then when I got Sai back I sketched this out and was going to outline it but decided to give a different style of coloring a shot.
Spoiler:

Most of the time went into the face than the body :/

Currently Playing: shinkirou

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 hostages)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Shenlon's Journal