Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Aquas's Journal

Journal Banner

Aquas's Journal Statistics
View Aquas's profile
Entries 32 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 4829
Replies Aquas has made 69 comments [view stats]
Comments 65 comments (2.03 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 3 props given to Aquas [who be proppin?]
Buddies 11 buddies
Relation You are not Aquas's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Dec 12, 2007 - 07:00 AM
Flush Right, a poem at the right margin.
Fwee.
I got the idea to try this at last night's poetry class. It does indeed feel weird, and any person who writes poetry regularly would probably have a lark at giving it a go. I had a fun time with it. Also, my FTP is down!

Hey, am I coming through all right over here?
It's a little cramped, something's pumping into me
maybe Life or Death or Jesus, God knows what is pushing through me.

Hey, am I reading alright?
If you expected static, things are crystal clear,
over here, crystal clear, like wonder I plunder
down some cave of greenish softness,
find the treat of a new ability, skill, or character trait,
whatever suits you out this suitcase of offerings.
Whatever, hey, isn't it hot in here?

Trying this again, I think I'm getting the hang of it.
You just have to hold the handle down and then push over left on the long black mechansism, organism,
fucking isms,
limp node systems,
correctional facility notices,
blue bird, blue bird, red bird, black bird!
Did you see that just now? How it loomed over me like a cloud, like, you know, an ominous cloud of forboding, oh Lord, turn down the fucking temperature, turn me up into a simple square, or maybe a triangle, I am too wired here, hey, behind the glass
comes someone drifting off their halo,
and the're gone.

Geez, I think I had
an
aneurusym.

An organism tapped in plugged
or connected securely with a harness,
shift control in shapes and lift up
a happy thought, streams are free,
so free, ain't it free the way we go we
go and compose and generate
exhaust and give applause the chemicals,
ain't singin' the way to be
in happy thought, streams are free
in shift control in shapes and lift up
a happy thought, streams are free,
what song should I play?

What a dirty joke
to confuse a bloke,
just my dear old bloke
and me
stepsiding the cohorts in outlets,
haha,
yeah,
right.
darkness.
absolute life stealer
and professional arms dealer,
what do I need,
oh,
you know.
yeah,
right.

Anyway, I beat Tales of Eternia recently. Good game, that! I recommend it. Here are a ton of screenshots. http://aquas.lardpirates.com/images/toe

Currently Playing: OneUp Studios - Fields of Time

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Dec 15, 2006 - 07:17 AM
Games~FFXII over Zelda
Haven't cared to journal here lately. Just been playin some FFXII lately... I like it. I also picked up Shadow Hearts Covenant, and Twilight Princess. I feel more inclinced to play FFXII, than Zelda though. Zelda is beautiful thus far. And I'm just hooked on FFXII... it's quite fun (also beautiful). The hunts are pretty challenging, the White Mousse was such a bitch to take down at lvl 30! Gawd! I can't believe I did it at the end, had to kill that fucking Water Elemantal twice, and those Malboro Overkings are so fucking annoying! Haha. Good stuff though, I don't want to go back into those damn sewers any time soon.

Currently Playing: FF Legend 2 Soundtrack

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Nov 23, 2006 - 07:27 PM
Damn! Soule and Gears of War violence
Whoa. I am turkeyed to the brim. Hope you all had a mostly pleasant holiday. I just learned about Jeremy Soule's rendition of Terra's Theme from the Oblivion Music thread. I had to get it immedietely (from ocremix) and wow, what an arrangement. I've never heard a remix of the song like that one before, quite amazing. Soule, you rock.

Just had to mention that.

I think I had a Fallout dream where I kept on clicking on shit to barter with people. Haha, weird.

Also at my aunt's place where I ate thanksgiving, my cousin showed me Gears of War online play on his 360. Wow, I haven't seen a ton of 360 games, but the graphics on that game are fricken' superb like I had never seen in person before. It struck me as a real definitive kind of shooter, tons of gore, and plenty of options to kill your opponent. I was really wow'd by it, and a little disgusted too to be honest. The game is ridiculously gory and malicious (you down enemies on their knees and then you have to shoot them more to kill them while they are disabled.) Now, I thought that Day of Defeat: Source was pretty malicious when your teams wins a round and gets to chase down the opposing team who can't use weapons and shoot them in a short amount of time while your victory fanfare plays. (Kill the survivors!) But shit like curbstomping enemies heads is really kind of unnecessary. Never the less, that kind of stuff will satiate the growing gamers of our generation, I think. I don't know, from my brief experience with the game, I got a kind of a nasty feeling about playing it. It might of been more surreal because of the crisp graphics, and that I hadn't seen much Xbox online play, but that's what I gotta say about that.

Currently Playing: Xela

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Nov 22, 2006 - 04:44 AM
StarFox 2 and Fallout stuff
StarFox 2, a game that never made official release on the SNES. But there are some incomplete rom images out there on the net. Buddy gamme' a link to some gameplay footage. It's pretty off the wall for a StarFox game on the SNES. Transformable R-Wing, added female flying partners (furry lovers delight! haha), and the game is raelly pressing the SNES's 3d to the balls. Check out the vid if ya like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BryhTLcBU4I

Also, I recently got into playing Fallout. This game is kind of a spooky experience. The beginning of it was the most mystifying to me because I wasn't sure how open it really was, so I got a really kinda grand feeling when I was playing. Hard to explain, but it's nice when games give ya that indescribable feeling though. The music is somethin' else, really expresses the mood of the game well. Right now I'm 'quipped with my trusty Red Ryder BB gun, I'm a 23 year old female named Shiva. I hate when I don't get along with people, I have to shoot them in the eye with it. My NPC friend Ian got incinerated, Ian, I'll miss you, how you sniped those baddies with yer pistol and tanked the hits. It was good while it lasted. Frag grenades are nuts!

A refreshing gaming experience for a change... =)

Currently Playing: Del The funky

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Nov 17, 2006 - 02:04 AM
Oops an entry
I got a little bit lost downtown today. I got distracted by the sad trumpeter whose horn sounded to probably 50 people nearby, and the PS3 dudes in sleeping bags in front of Target. Once I had to rush I put Dieselboy blaring on the iRiver and began jogging to my destination. It was pretty thrilling. Stayed at The Loft later tonight for a poetry reading from John Caddy, a naturalist poet. It was a nice reading, it made me feel a bit more content. I sat next to a lady who wore strange blue clothing, turns out she was friends of the poet, and then I met the poet momentarily too. His handshake was pretty interesting, that I thought about it after we had shook. I haven't been disappointed with handshakes in a long time. The reading involved projection of photos he took and readings to go along with the photos, with a co-reader woman who had a fine voice.

The view from the fourth floor of the downtown library is pretty stunning. I want to be there more often, just gazing out the window and not doing much of anything.

Buh...

Currently Playing: Bola - Whoblo

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Nov 13, 2006 - 03:53 PM
CANDY MMMEHEHE!
I went for a run (literally) to the local Setzer's Pharmacy to pick up a couple bags of lemon drops. I recently quit smoking as you who have been reading may know, so I like to buy lemon drops whenever I'm trying to quit, (keep in mind this is the second time I'm trying.) I was bumpin' some Bjork - Homogenic on the iRiver on the way there, and then some FFXI OST (love Gustaberg) and so I arrive and discover they only have one bag of lemon drops, and it's from Saffers rather than Fritzie Fresh. It's a measly bag with only about 20 lemon drops in it, whereas the Fritzie Fresh bags had something like 30 or 40. I'm hesitant for a while, looking over the other bagged candies for stuff to suck on. I decide on just getting the one bag of lemon drops when I see a bunch of boxes stacked on each other for old halloween candy bag specials.

Four 1 pound bags for $3 US dollars! What a deal. I look over the different bags they offered. One is some pumpkin faced something that I couldn't even tell what it was. Another are bags of straight up lollipops, and another are bags of those weird pumpkin halloween chewy taffy things, I don't think I ever particularly liked those.

The bag I chose was the Kiddie Mix by Farley's. What is included in the Kiddie Mix: jawbreakers, Now and Laters, Smarties, bubble gum, Sweet Tarts, and various lollipops. SCORE! An ideal mix if you ask me. So now I have 4 pounds of this mix to secure my oral fixation incase I ever have a smoke craving. I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear now, but I'm just gauranteeing myself victory. I'm really quitting! I feel happy about it.

And how could I not feel happy with this much glorious candy! PRAISE THE CANDY & HALLOWEEN GODS! PRAISE THE KIDDIE MIX.

(lol there's a hidden candy: Tootsie Roll Midgees)

Spoiler:

Currently Playing: Silence of Candy Victory.mp3 (320kbps ALT PRESET EXTREME LAME)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Nov 12, 2006 - 03:46 PM
Journal Sake
Coming from the afternoon of the day. My stomach feels weird from eating a bowl of split-pea soup for breakfast and now a lunch of KFC with my mother and grandmother. I'm tryin' to fix my buds laptop, am having some success with it. Am also listening to Radiohead's The Bends today. Love the song "Nice Dream" it comes to me out of no where and I find myself singing "Nice dream," over and over. Should Radiohead be due for a new album soon? I think I should start listening to a lot of trance. Uuhhhhfff, my stomach. The forums are boring right now so I'll probably start a thread on something soon. It's in my quota for things to do. I still have to write that poem that starts with, "Icy hallucination," about the thin-layer of diamonds floating on the shine of that Autumn stream. I should also read some more of the "Poetics of Space" today from Gaston Bachelard, and employ some poetry to follow. I feel like I've got some material.

And here's a poem and prose couple I wrote on a dream I had a couple weeks ago. It's not particularly great, but it's something for you to read... I'm trying to emphasize how I felt the power of my identity through a brief lucidity I felt in the dream.

--

final hard lucidity

after that dream i feel a little detached
i wake up in a pre-moon morning
where the moon shines uncommonly
onto my living room curtains
i suppose it's the end of fall
but i never noticed it before
the dark of my living room
in the pre-morning moon fall

after that dream of trepidation
and fear for my material thing
the liquid globe of my compact disc
the encounters with meaning
the white sheets hotel fourth floor
the people waking up to my fear
how could i disturb you all?
what will i have to show to you?

mom was busy in erotic clothing
when i stepped into our home
from the abstract shape of other-grounds
from the night boulevard and friends
paul was upset, "why are you all crashing?"
i was upset, "give me that game."
then an asian girl from the hotel
followed me into the elevator down

and suddenly hard lucidity
as the elevator door slides open
to reveal a country plain, hungry and green
a stampeding buffalo kicks up dust
but the god of me cowers to danger,
how i wish now that i ventured
that green and hungry plain
to confront that danger-vast vein
as my most powerful self.

THE PROSE-REFLECTION TO ACCOMPANY:

Because of that final moment in my dream: going down the elevator as it opens to the "green and hungry plain," a plain with a tree or two on it, an vast open plain with grass that was the color of a rugged spring green, stamped down by many animals passing the plain. My lucidity was to challenge that "great outdoors," to confirm in identity that I could face such a wild land as myself. The fact of the matter was however that my conscious (I think) could not handle that pressure, in the realm of my most lucid self. Waking up, I felt the after effects of the lucidity. I went to the computer and listened to some electronica and thought about what it means to exist among the same people who created the music I listened to, and how alien but human at the same time it sounded. I thought about my adventure-self, how I carried myself as my lucid-adventure-self, could I not bare the same identity, even in this modern world? An ideal identity that only I know only seemingly to this conscious I write from. But I only know little of it. Through my writing and lucid dreaming, I can hope to find it and manifest it. Why is there such a gate that resides in my person to live in compact modes? When I know that there is a dynamic mode to exist, that is the mode I wish to exist. I fall into the static mode and the hope of change leaves me and the familiar dust settles on my self again. But meaning strolls by me every now and then and I touch upon the dynaminism of the lucid self, I think.

---

even after all the crap I've wrote, I'm often changing tenses. It's kind of a problem for me, and it's seldom successful as a style of my writing, than a flaw.

Currently Playing: Radiohead - Sulk

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Nov 11, 2006 - 03:41 PM
All Nighter-All Dayer Thoughts
A conversation between me and my long-time buddy Dan. Paul was also in the car, a close friend of mine. Dan starts:

"If I go to sleep now what is the point?
I know I'll just wake up at midnight or one a.m. and I'll be fucked.
What's the point?
We gotta do something.
What do we do?"
"Well the best ideas I have in mind are playing some games...
Namely, Resident Evil 4 and... *I don't mention Oblivion*"
"If we're gonna stay up we have to figure out something to do. Luke, what should we do?"
"Well, I'm all for getting some exercise or just enjoying the day, because it's probably going to be fuckin' 30 or... 10 degrees tomorrow or sno-

"I'm tired. I'm giving up, I don't want to fight it. I don't understand." said my friend Paul, from the look in his face he was thoroughly exhausted from staying up through the night.
"Well, every person differs from each other." I accepted the fact that some of us needed sleep and some were willing to push it to towards the night. Those people being Dan and I. I continued,
"...well, I'm feeling in a creative mode, so I'll probably do some writing."

"Let's go to Flaherty's." Dan suggested. But right now our Flaherty's arcade's SC3 machine is out. And the Raiden Fighters Jet machine is out of order, which I play. So there wasn't much reason to go there besides to catch some of the regulars around or to play Magic, which I didn't think we were in the active mind to play at that time.

It started with playing E.V.O. simultaneously with Paul's little brother, little sister and myself. It was pretty fun. Nice cause I got to play the game right from the part of the game where I had gotten stuck previously (thanks to their savestates.) That would be at the bird-floating castle place. Just got stuck there before, but used a fuckin' map this time. With the help of many savestates later, only David (Paul's bro) and myself beat the game. What an interesting ending! I shouldn't spoil it, but it's quite fitting. The last boss was making us yell and scream in frustration (not so much me, I can hold my frustration pretty well, but I did express an audible anger a few times) The boss is pretty ridiculous, I don't see how anyone could beat it (without savestates) unless they were an E.V.O master. It's an unrealistically difficult boss fight, and if you've played E.V.O you know how quick those bosses can pummel you to death and send you sinking into a sorrow of failure. The good thing is that once you get them figured it out, it gets a bit easier. But some are just cheap. Fuck, I was going to compare the boss battle to the difficulty of some other game, but I'm falling short suddenly.

We beat it, I took a ton of screenshots at the end for kicks.

David, Paul and I head to Flaherty's for a while and find our friend Desmodus around, we play some Magic, and head to Paul's place to play some LAN games and more Magic. We ended up playing a bit of Armegetron. This is a really addicting game that is simple and based off the game that is played in the movie Tron, with the speeding vehicle bikes. I recommend it to anyone, worth a shot. Good fun with friends. Basically, you control a bike-vehicle that creates a wall that follows your trail, and the objective is to make your opponent crash into your wall. You can ride opponent's walls to gain speed, and make reflex-quick turns, all 90 degree turns, and it's real fast. A game of pure reflex and wit. I quite like it. Desmodus and I christened it, "a cheap thrill" while Dan did not see the point in the game at all.
Then we played a bit of Age of Empires 2, and it further made me realize that I just cannot micromanage well in RTS games. I can never keep my base organized enough for me to produce a strong force, I end up dilly dallying making one farm at a time when I need them, and generally being absentminded after about 30 minutes of the game progressing. It made me want to play StarCraft because it put in perspective how much Micro mattered in this game, as it does in StarCraft, but I've played SC so much that it's become almost ritual that I might be better now that I've experieneced AoE2. I dunno. I suck at RTS games basically, I reach my max level and don't improve much. I think it's my generally absentmindedness and lack of concern that makes me fail at these games. I don't feel the superb motivation.

Phew, as I'm writing this I'm falling into a sort of trance. It might just be the Bjork I'm listening to, or I'm touching on an edge in my psyche in relation to my long hours of wakefulness. When should I start hallucinating the clothes in my closet shifting in and out? Or should I just fall into this daydream with my eyes open for hours, coming to imagine a small sip of liquor in my mouth and having some spirit warm within me. I do want a beer. I do want a shot of low-proof tasty liquor. I haven't been intoxicated in any fashion besides sleep deprivation in a long time. So that's why I'm itching at it.

On an unrelated tangential note. Dan said something about listening to Trance for 2 months straight made him feel pretty emotional. We were listened to the trance station on shoutcast off of David's computer and then I saw a sort of a sadness in the repetition that was trance. It makes me want to listen to some more, but for now I'm content with Bjork's Homogenic, that I'm paying homage to now.

I noticed the initial strings riff in "Joha" was used in a Cannibal Ox song as a distorted loop. Pretty cool.

I'm feeling a little dizzy but still on top of my text.... I hope.

There's more story to this entry. About squirrells picking crab-apples off a tree, and on the games, and the how I felts, and on her and her, and the, ah, my eyes...

Putting my head on my fist to the music. I'm warm enough, should continue to account...

Currently Playing: Bjork's Homogenic (possibly I like better than Vespertine)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Nov 10, 2006 - 07:21 PM
Went for a run
Went for a run today, as part of my anti-smoking campaign (FUCK FIREFOX I CAN'T SPELL IT FOR THE HELL OF ME, oh there I got it. NO RED UNDERLINE FOR ME YESSSS.) Fuck I just got it again! I gotta disable some of this spell check shit, cause it's tweaking me out in my everyday typing.

Anyway, it was a nice day for a run. Probably about 50 degrees with sunny skies. I sat at some plain of a construction site with a couple ponds nearby and watched a group of geese inspect the ground and move slowly to a pond. Was listening to The FFVIII Orchestral album on the iRiver at this point. Then I tried meditating, thinking of a pencil, which was only fruitful at the point where I opened my eyes and everything was ready in my vision again, my eyes adjusting to the brightness.

Then I accidentally came upon a trail that goes about 30 miles each way. So I hopped on that and made my way to Keller park, where I sat and rested on a rock near a stream that runs through. I was contemplating the waves in the water for a while, then I went under a bridge where one of my friends had done some graffiti a while back. So I checked it out up close and saw that it said, "PRIMAL FORCE." Right next to it I saw a sleeping bag and some filled garbage bags and realized that a bum must sleep under this bridge. I went over to inspect his stuff just a little bit, not really aiming to take anything and found a big jar of applesauce. Yay, apple sauce.

At this point I'm listening to the Legend of Mana OST, which is one of my personal faves. Gotta love it.

I'm pretty out of shape, in general. I'm probably gonna get in contact with this girl I know who goes running at a gym and see if I can join her, that is if I keep up with my anti-smoking running campaign. Couincidentally, she's quitting too. So it would be a nice way for us to hang out, I think.

Mmm... pizza.

I'm pro'lly goin' to my buds place to participate in their E.V.O-a-thon tonight. So that should be pretty fun. E.V.O is a crazy game. Heh.

This entry is very fragmented and it sucks. Thanks for reading.

Currently Playing: Novel23 - Dawn Without Hope

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Nov 9, 2006 - 10:52 PM
Bus driver yells at me
I'm sittin' there on the bus ride home. The bus driver speaks in his intercom, "Whoever has the radio so loud I can hear. Turn it off." I assume this isn't me, because 1) I'm not listening to a radio and 2) I'm listening with headphones. Listening to Air's Talkie Walkie, I might add. Then about five minutes later he looks back and asks the person again to "turn down the radio." Okay, so I take off my phones and I don't hear anything so then I look at the driver and say, "Who, me?!"

So it was me, somehow. Must'a been those high synth notes and half-note snare hits that were getting to him. But I asked a lady sitting across from me if she heard anything and she shook her head and gave me a look like the driver was crazy.

That was kind of off-putting, so I took out a book but couldn't concentrate at all. Then put the phones back on after making sure it was at a reasonable volume so I didn't get kicked off the bus or anything.

Phew, I'm tired.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 potions)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Aquas's Journal