Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Shonos's Journal

Shonos's Journal Statistics
View Shonos's profile
Entries 38 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 13515
Replies Shonos has made 67 comments [view stats]
Comments 127 comments (3.34 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 6 props given to Shonos [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Shonos's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 1, 2009 - 06:17 PM
CAR GET!
I just got a brand new car! Finally, my own car that's MINE. Just saying "That's my car" is fantastic and strange. I was so use to using the family vehicle or a friend's car. Now I have my own wheels, I'm so ecstatic!

Going to be tighter now with car and insurance payments, but it's worth it. I know I worked hard to get that car, and I will happily work my ass off to pay for that thing every month.

Even when the guy at the dealership said the financing was approved and the car is mine I couldn't believe it. Months ago everyone turned me down without a cosigner. Now I was able to get it on my own. I still pinch myself every now and then to make sure I'm not dreaming. >.>

It's a Mazda 3 s sport. I wasn't able to haggle the guy down.. could only get him to agree with 18k even instead of 18500. I guess I just suck at making deals, but it was my first time trying to haggle a price down.

Next step, get into college.

HUGE PIC INCOMING:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #38]

Dec 9, 2008 - 09:03 PM
Passed the driving test~
FUCK YEAH, passed the test with ease. Well, except for one mishap. The transmission in the car I was using decided to slip, so it just sat in neutral and did not move forward when I hit the gas. I completely expected to fail for that. I'm just glad it didn't do what it did to my sister, slip in to reverse while it was in drive and go backwards at an intersection.

FUCK NO, now I gotta try and get a vehicle. That means a car loan, since my family has sapped my savings dry. I had 3-4k saved up a few months ago, and it disappeared to pay off my father's debt. I keep hearing how people cant get car loans right now, so I'm uncertain if I'll be able to get one.

At least I know I'll be able to get a good deal if I can get some money. It's the end of the year, and the economy has been hard on those automakers. D:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #37]

Oct 4, 2008 - 01:17 AM
I finally did it.
I hit 75 on FFXI. It only took ... 5 years of off and on playing to do. Throw in a 2-3 year break and it lengthens things out. >.>;

I know most people can do that in a short amount of time now, but I'm happy to finally get there. So much opens up for me now.

I just wish I could of gotten there with the friends I use to play with. But when you stop playing for so long, and others leave for other MMOs.. you gotta start again by yourself. ._.

I cant wait for what's next.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #36]

Jul 14, 2008 - 01:57 PM
Microsoft Fails
crushed
Ugly new interface?
Nintendo Mii rip offs?
Sony Eyeto- I mean.. fuck no thats exactly what it fucking is
Singan games? Musican games? Dancan games?

Where's the real shit Microsoft?

Y U DO THIS?

Edit: FF13 for the 360? I fucking LOL'd.

Response entries:
E3 already over. Microsoft wins. by Tails

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #35]

Mar 23, 2008 - 10:58 AM
My grandfather died today. This easter sucks.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Mar 15, 2008 - 04:27 PM
Need to get a cell phone..
confused
I really need to get a new phone now that my old phone is dead and the contract is up. I had cingular before, but they always mis-charged me or added bogus fees to my bill.

Cingular is all I've ever had though. I don't know who to go with now. My relatives use verizon, but when I talk to co-workers they say that the people they know who had verizon got piss poor reception (this is in southern cali). T-mobile seems to have the lowest rates, but their phone choices dont seem that great. It's all razr this and razr that. Sure, the phones look nice but everyone and their fucking dog has the damn things.

Sprint looks expensive, and so does alltel. I just cant choose. Damn it all!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Mar 8, 2008 - 01:00 AM
Computer building, Part 2! (Warning, lotsa PIX!)
Tired

I got a lot of goodies in the mail! Took UPS long enough, bastards.

First things first though. I got to get rid of those crappy tricool fans on the antec 900 with these slipstream fans:

I also sleeved the cables with that green nylon. I went ahead and sleeved as much loose cable as I could. It's also UV reactive like the mainboard, so it will glow green. Yay I guess.

Shitty picture, but any of you with an X-FI should know what that cable is. It's that ugly huge ribbon cable that connects the card to the front bay. I've always hated how it looked in my old case so I sleeved that one instantly. I just made a few cuts on the cable to separate some chunks of wire and rounded up that fugly cable. ;D

Here's the mainboard I went with. A DFI Lanparty LT-X38. I would of gone with a P35 chipset but the P35 version was out of stock and I was worried I wouldnt be able to upgrade down the road. Although Im not sure how long the X38 chipset will last either, with a newer one right around the corner for intel's newer cpus.

This was actually a scary install. That's a Zalman CNPS 9700. It's pretty big, sure not as big as TRU 120, but it's tons bigger than my last heat sink. I was so afraid id break it or the mainboard, or that I would crush the processor since it was a tight fit. Barely enough room with the northbridge heatsink there.

I'm also still debating whether or not I am going to put a fan on the north bridge heatsink or not. We'll have to see later on.

Time for the video card. I went with a 8800GT. The main reason for getting the GT instead of the new GTS was because of my budget. It should still perform well enough, and if not I can always try to OC it a little. Down the line I hope to take advantage of EVGA's step up program. That is if Nvidia stops rehashing their cards and actually comes out with a card that isn't just an older card with a new name. (hint: 9xxx series)

Next up was the harddrive and optical drive. I'm wondering if I made a mistake with my HD choice. It's certainly fast, faster than my last harddrive. But WD released their new 300+GB per platter drives right after I got it.. I've heard the newer platters offer a lot better performance than normal 250GB platters.

Installing the UV cathodes. I didn't like all the extra cables they added so I sleeved them as much as possible and a few curse words later I managed to guide them behind the power supply. As you can see int he pic, I had to strip the wires to fit them through. Not really a big deal and makes it cleaner anyway.

Here it is all installed

The backside. Some of those cables were a real pain in the ass to sort. The PSU has way too many cables.

First POST!

Final specs:

Antec Nine Hundred
DFI Lanparty LT-X38
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT
G.SKILL 2 x 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 1066
EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT
PC POWER and COOLING Silencer 750 Quad
Western Digital 7500AAKS 750GB
Samsung SH-S203N DVD Burner
Creative X-FI Platinum

To be continued.. D:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Mar 2, 2008 - 05:36 PM
In this entry, I build a new computer
Well, since my old computer has finally kicked the bucket I decided to build a new one. I've always been a fan of modding, but I've never really tried anything more than a fan hole here or a led there. So this time I think I'll have some fun and do more. ;9

Lets get started!

I decided to go with an Antec 900 for my computer case. Great cooling, but horrible cable management. So I pulled out my rotary tool and cut up some holes in the case. I dont have pictures of that, but lets just say it was frustrating at times. (I'm not great with my rotary)

Here's some of the tools after cutting the case to hell. Everything else is sitting in the case's box. Better tidy than messy I guess.

Next on the list of things to do is painting the case. I'm going to go with a black and green scheme. This means the interior needs to be black. After a few coats of gray primer we have this,

You can kind of see some of the holes I've made. Like the one toward the bottom for the PSU cables.

Time for the black paint. I dont really want a glossy or shiny black, so I got flat black. After 2-3 coats of it everything looks like this

I'm still debating whether or not I'll put a clear coat on it. I dont want it to be really shiny, but I do want to protect it from scratches and shit.

To be continued later on D:

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Feb 16, 2008 - 12:16 AM
FUCK YEAH GFF IS BACK, FUCK YEAH DIPLOMA, FUCK NO MONEY!
GFF is back and I just got my High School Diploma today!

I've been working so hard for these past two years to get that damn diploma. Having to catch up when being 2-3 years behind is tough work. But now I have it.. and it's no shitty GED.

Hopefully I can get into college in the fall. Which brings me to my next point. FUCK I HAVE NO MONEY.

I don't think I can pay for college with my current wage. 90% of it goes to supporting my family, and the rest goes into my own bills.. Bah

Atleast GFF is back. Nothing can kill this place. D:

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Dec 16, 2007 - 05:13 PM
Why do people cheat?
I'm studying my homework and the questions I failed on a science test, and googled a formula for gas pressure. As I go down the list of results I notice a block of text that seems VERY familiar. I flip back to my test paper and realize it's a question on my test.

So I click the link and discover that the site has a list of answers for every question on my test. I decide to google questions on other tests and exams I have. I see hit after hit of people basically going to homework help sites, or places like yahoo answers, and pasting their tests and exams online and getting the answers.

Why do people do this? What's the point? You don't learn anything if you don't do the work. Hey congrats! You got a nice shiny A, which means jack shit because you didn't learn anything. What are these people planning to do later on when they have to do something that requires this knowledge they decided to skip? Like in a job or during college..

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Shonos's Journal