Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Moth's Journal

Journal Banner
)*.|.*(

Moth's Journal Statistics
View Moth's profile
Entries 254 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 123409
Replies Moth has made 938 comments [view stats]
Comments 1408 comments (5.54 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 302 props given to Moth [who be proppin?]
Buddies 17 buddies
Relation You are not Moth's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Aug 17, 2012 - 09:32 AM
oh man I'm ripped now, this is awesome

OCS is nuts, I would recommend it to anyone. I quit smoking! And following politics! (Yeah, news was secured, so I just went cold turkey on it for three months. I feel so much better, now; I can think clearer, I don't feel frustrated and angry all the time, and... well to be honest I have a job now, so I don't really care about what happens to poor people anymore.)

Seriously, though, this time last year I was waiting tables, and now I'm in aviation ground school at the base the Blue Angels train at. So... life is pretty sick, after all, and I'm buying a motorcycle.

Oh and I also still have the GFF journal, because I totally suck at mailing things.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #254]

Apr 19, 2012 - 01:19 AM
LA what the hell is wrong with you??
Fucking... are you idding me, fucking Los Angeles? MARTINI TASTINGS? That is a thing? Ohhkay. Okay. Fine. I love you , city. Never change.

I Can't believe I'm going to be in basic training in three weeks.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #253]

Apr 15, 2012 - 12:34 AM
Asura's Wrath
I just threw a dude into Space.

That didn't end the fight.

This game fucking rocks.

PS for serious, I report to basic on May 6th, does anyone want this journal?

Currently Playing: Holy fuck there are bubbles EVERYWHERE.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #252]

Feb 17, 2012 - 01:43 AM
Ain't no traffic where I'm going.
Holy shit you guys I've been accepted into the Imperial Acadamy! The Emperor has accepted me into His Divine service - and I don't mean as a grunt, either, I'm gonna be a TIE fighter pilot!

Wait, no, that's not right... Do I mean Valkerie servitor? You know what, fuck the allegory, the US Navy accepted my Officer Candidate application, I am actually going to be a fighter pilot in real life.

That is pretty sweet.

Currently Playing: Funfax: I've really never seen Top Gun

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #251]

Jan 4, 2012 - 01:28 AM
It's not easy, being a genius.
You ever have one of those nights, where it's midnight-thirty, you can't really sleep, and hoping to wind down you open a beer and start idly looking through a book? And then a half hour later, you're wondering why you're extremely buzzed off one beer, and you happen to look at the label and realize it's %16 alc./vol, good god you didn't even realize that was a thing beer did, but it's cool, you don't really have anything to do tomorrholy shit you signed up for the GRE like three weeks ago and then completely forgot, you have ten hours to convince your brain you're not an idiot, wait hold on it's cool, it's coo, just stay cool and you can handle this, now just look up where the testing center is and why do you have another one of those beers in your hand?! No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell just relax, you just need to relax and the beer will help and fuck why did you sign up for a testing center onthe other side of the state? Well whatever, if you just don't sleep you've got, what, seven, seven and a half hours, then driving time to get there early and shit should you even be driving at all tomorrow? God, what if you have to bring your own pencil? How long has it been since you've even owned a no.2 pencil? Five years? Six? Shit, right, and a calculator, okay, you can just go down to the right aid, pick those up, that'll take like a half hour, and you can download some test prep from the GRO site for free, you're pretty sure, right?

Oh, wait. Wait. Hang on, this is all just a dream. It's just a nightmare, some subconscious anxiety manifesting in your sleep, some childish, juvenile dream concocted by your brain.

Oh shit no it's not you're completely awake goddammit

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #250]

Jan 1, 2012 - 03:15 PM
I guess I can't hide from this forever...
Well, it's January 1st.

I guess I should go through my phone and find out what text messages I sent last night.

Quote:
"Happy New Year! No, not tonight sorry, I'm in DC"

My name, to a new contact "B Falcon"

"Sorry, bro, I'm in Baltimore tonight."
"Yeah, maybe next time. Happy New Year, though!"

My name, to a number I didn't save.

"Can't, in Quebec tonight."
"PS don't text any more I'm roaming."

"2 sec, gotta pop a cork for a thing"

"HAPPY N-oh, oh wait, too soon? Sorry, West coast, I totally forgot how y'all are STUCK IN HISTORY over there."
"Well, 2012's pretty awesome, I mean - 2011 sucks, but 2012? Totally fucking rad. But you know, I'm sure you'll find that out in a few hours. Anyway have fun with the rest of your shitty year."

My name, to a new contact "Claire"

"Don't be weak. Keep eating them until you pass out."
"Of course you'll wake up hungover in a puddle of your own sick. That's the point, tomorrow's supposed to be better than 2011."
"Yes, that was the joke. God, I am so alone."

"Helen was an inside job! Paris didn't do shit - Agamemnon and Cheny staged the whole thing to justify the invasion!"
"There's NO evidence Priam is hiding Paris behind those walls! That "intelligence" was faked, we're not even going after Paris, we're just there for their bitches - NO BLOOD FOR BITCHES"

"Just asked a girl out for coffee. Probably going to forget. Can you remind me that 'Claire' is a person in a few days?"
"Wait shit Caitlin not Claire. Claire is nobody."

"I can't believe all these fucking kids are cheering because we killed Hector! Don't they realize Illiam is a sovereign country? The Argives can't keep going around disrespecting the rule of law, there are going to be consequences!"

"What? Oh, I see, your coast finally caught up. Yeah, happy new year, I guess. I'll be honest, 2012 starts out alright but it kinda peters out after a few hours, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Anyway enjoy your party."

Huh. Not as bad as last year, all told. I'm gonna go quell the rebellion in my stomach, now. (Fun fact: Kimchi murders hangovers. I don't know why, but my working theory is that the hangover is caused by an evil spirit in your stomach, and everything about getting kimchi dumped on you is so awful that after you take a few bites of it he runs away.)

(I am not a doctor.)

Currently Playing: The Correspondents - Rent a clown

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #249]

Dec 31, 2011 - 03:04 AM
Oh.
So apparently the main character in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo gets brutally raped?

Oh, I'm sorry. Spoiler? That may have been a spoiler, you're right, let me just fix that...

A WOMAN GETS VIOLENTLY RAPED ONSCREEN seriously do not go see this movie with your friends if you think it is going to be just like James Bond because Daniel Craig is in it.

What's that? Did I take a girl with a traumatic personal history to go watch a woman get horribly raped on a giant screen? Of course, how did you ever- oh wait of course you knew because nothing is ever not fucked.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #248]

Dec 27, 2011 - 01:56 PM
Right, Merry Christmas
Did I miss it? Sorry, I've been busy. Application deadlines, for schools, internships, jobs, et al., and... you know what? Fuck it: Happy Hanukkah. Yeah, who's late now, bitches? (It's not me, is it? Hanukkah is still happening, right?)

Did everyone get what they wanted? I got a dictionary. Er, well... actually, I got a subsidy that I then used to buy my own dictionary, because the gift-giving system is inherently bureaucratic and inefficient. Accordingly, I got Al Mawrid's Al-Akbar (oooh!) English-Arabic dictionary for $30 below its list price by calling the supplier directly. (Yes, that's right, I order books over the phone, because I am not very good at the twenty-first century.) It's called "Al-Akbar" because you can't get a bigger one.

In any case, I gotta jam right now, but stay tuned! I'm working on a thing, that might make a thin, and anyways you'll love it it's totally your style.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #247]

Dec 6, 2011 - 04:04 AM
Made of gold.
heeeeeeeeee
It's 3.59 am.

My roommate just staggered into the house, gave me his match.com username and password, and told me if I can get him a date he'll pick up the bar tab for me and my ex.

Today may not be the best day I've ever had, but I say that in the same cadence that I say today may also be the day gas falls below $2/gallon.

Currently Playing: with things I'm not responsible enough to play with

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #246]

Dec 5, 2011 - 08:13 PM
Sometimes when I get very drunk I write down things I actually believe.
(This is a series of notes I took earlier in the year, that I recently dug up for reasons that had absolutely nothing, whatsoever, at all to do with making a pretty girl laugh. Since I have them now anyway, I thought you all might appreciate them.)

And in a matter close to my own heart, with all the craziness in the news lately this may have slipped through the cracks:
BBC News - Vatican's space mission

Of course, it is just a website. (A website that, naturally, the article doesn't link to.) And a Vatican-sponsored website about space probably won't amount to anything more than a slew of new citations for Wikipedia in a few years. Still, it's too tempting (perhaps... perhaps a poor choice of words when discussing the Church) to consider a Vatican - or any religion, really - that a decade down the line that works hand in hand with science to expand the Human Empire.

Just think of it: a revival of the Crusaders of old, Holy Warriors striding out to fight the unknown - only this time, instead of bringing tragedy and bloodshed against fellow human beings, "striding out to fight the unknown" will literally mean just that - exploring infinity in the name of Man, a cause as noble in deed (for once) as it is in the budget proposal.

I mean yeah. Maybe if we find some extra-terrestrial races, there might be a xenophobic unspeakable tragedy or two, sure. But that's okay. My open-mindedness and acceptance only extends to humans. Fuck aliens.

Hell, I don't even like other Earth-bound species all that much. Cattle? Poultry? Sucks to be them, maybe they should have evolved opposable thumbs and advanced cranial lobes - but they didn't. Instead they thought wings would be cool, or massive, lumbering torsos, and because of that they Lost. They lost evolution, and we won, and it's our right - our obligation - as victors to domesticate and enslave and eat them. It's only natural, they'd do the same to us.

And speaking of slaves: robots. Who do they think they are, showing us up on Jepordy? Arrogant little upstart Watson would do well to remember his place, along with that chess robot. I've waited at traffic lights. I've been spammed. I know what robots are like, and I don't trust them, and neither should you. They hate us, and they'd kill us all in a heartbeat if they only had hearts, which all things considered would probably go a long way towards resolving our differences.

Right! Cyborgs. I don't know how I feel about cyborgs. DARPA's fast-tracked its brain-controlled robot arm program, so they can't be that far off...and coupled with my own family medical history I am at pretty high risk of being a cyborg someday. Still though, creepy. Whose side are they on? Are they more man? Or machine? I suppose that as long as there's a human brain controlling them, they're liable to make their own decisions, so I suppose the only way forward is to begin funding, now, for reading and music and art and pop-culture that reminds cyborgs - constantly - whose side they're on and why.

You may call it "propaganda," but I say "just advertising". Harmless. Benign. No different than what we've got today; constant, inescapable need-peddling from happiness vendors. Beautiful women and cartoons and happy people, everywhere - sex and childhood innocence and happiness and a sense of belonging - all leveraged everyday, on roadside billboards and for twelve minutes during your favorite show, and during your favorite show, and on the radio, and in the sides of your computer moniters:

You're not quite happy. You don't quite have enough. The things you have are sub-optimal. You don't quite belong. You don't stand out. You're not enough. You're not safe. But if only you'd just... for just a little bit... a nominal amount, so little you won't even notice, you could be unique. Fulfilled. Happy.

Works on us, and nobody seems to have any ethical problems with it; I don't see anything wrong with leveraging it against half-Macs to keep them loyal to their own literal flesh and blood. Besides, it's a matter of national - of speciel - security. It's to keep the human race safe. What's a little brain-washing, harddrive-wiping, what have you, in the name of the entire human race?

Genetics! I almost forgot. As long as I'm judging everything about the future, and for the sake of writing something non-fascist sounding as a counterpoint, let me just say that it makes me proud beyond words to live on the cusp of the era when mankind takes its own evolution into its own hands. That said, there are limits.

"You know what would be really cool? Tiger stripes." "I think it's about time we stopped getting cancer." and "Hey, let's give ourselves another thumb, just to rub it in cow's faces" are all amazing and awesome possibilities.

On the other hand, "let's make our child blonde, white, and male so he'll have the best chance in life" is a gross violation of the human spirit, a cowing of our infinite potential before conformist, repressive forces that would have only one "right" and an infinity of "wrong." We're far to great for that.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 typos)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #245]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Moth's Journal