Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal

Journal Banner
This cacophony of commie buzz words and simplistic, condescending communist ideals both offends me as an American, and as a music listener. Should’ve been called Red Side Of the Moon.

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal Statistics
View Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s profile
Entries 744 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 290797
Replies Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline. has made 1541 comments [view stats]
Comments 2795 comments (3.76 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 617 props given to Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline. [who be proppin?]
Buddies 34 buddies
Relation You are not Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Aug 23, 2013 - 07:54 PM
The Little Mermaid
A fish out of water.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #724]

Aug 17, 2013 - 10:06 PM
So I got a job.
Actually, I've had this job in line for a while and I'll be starting this September. It's weird. I'm still not sure what to think of it.

My friend and I are making a game together, he's paying me to spend time I'd be using to work a shitty job to learn Maya and help put the story, game play, and art stuff together.

Now, now, this is obviously some serious amateur shit, but at the same time my pal is a professional programmer, doing quite well for himself as an iOS and web developer with the company he's involved with, obviously well enough to pay me a liveable wage in a pretty affordable town.

Just typing this is weird, knowing my audience. We've got artists and programmers, and fucking game loving experts! This is a tough crowd! I'm an ant compared to you folks, but here I am, with what could be considered an actual job in an industry I know nearly nothing about outside of having played games.

So of course we're making a game that's essentially a early Final Fantasy type RPG, something he and I both love and something that, at this point in the gaming world, is pretty easy to put together by amateurs. The trick, of course, is making it good. That's the test. We've put together a solid foundation for a good story and I get excited thinking about it. Considering who I am it is, of course, a totally tongue-in-cheek homage to the games we're ripping off. The game play we're thinking about employing sounds fun and unique. In these preliminary times we're most certainly very ambitious with ideas, but I'm doing my best to not hold back with the brainstorming.

I am pretty intimidated by Maya, however. I have never used it. I'm going to be going through a professional and amateur video series that's subscription based, apparently, that my friend is shelling out cash for me to learn the program. It's shit like this that makes it feel real!

We're dreaming big, of course, and want to make the best game possible. I'm sure if this actually goes through, what with our part-time investment over the next year or so, you guys may see something in a pre-alpha state that I'd love to get your feedback on. Honesty is crucial, of course, and it will undoubtedly suck, but that's why I'd choose you over another friend or a family member.

So far, that's it for now, I'll definitely be sharing some work over the next few months as it happens.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [10] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #723]

Jul 31, 2013 - 06:59 PM
So I'm moving to Ypsilanti
As probably everyone knows at this point, I'm moving with the lady to Ypsilanti. What maybe none of you know is why I'm going and when. Well, we're leaving this Sunday (Aug. 4th) and driving a U-Hual and towing her car from Portland, OR all the way to our new home, which is conveniently located just somewhere around my future alma mater, Eastern Michigan University.

So, why EMU? Well, it was a tough choice between that and University of Pittsburgh, especially since I've actually lived in the 'Burgh and I have a number of pals still there, plus it's known as a big city, unlike Ypsilanti which nobody has ever heard of and/or just assume it's Detroit which they then express extreme concern over. Luckily we're not moving to Detroit, I remind them, but I digress. I'm going to be a dietitian.

Firstly, I'm not getting into dianetics. Second, dietetics is of the field of nutrition to give you the simple explanation. To be an expert of food, what it does in the body, and how to eat in general or with some sort of ailment, such as diabetes or crones disease for example, are just some of what a dietitian is responsible for, depending on the job of course. I'm still not entirely sure what I'll be doing professionally, but with a serious culinary background and experience I could see myself either working with a particular group of people, like diabetics, or either helping or actually running the kitchen of a hospital, school, or perhaps even a prison of some sort. Who knows, really, I could also be the dietitian of the fucking Los Angeles Lakers, which would be neat to say the least. Needless to say, there are options.

I've also learned that most dietitians are women, so being a guy is pretty marketable apparently since places need to diversify or, as one dietitian has told me, be the guy that educates rather than the gal who nags, which is a big problem apparently since folks don't like taking advise from women. Odd.

Anyway, Ypsilanti. Should be interesting. No idea what to expect, other than what I've seen during the two-ish days I visited two years ago plus there is a person who lurks about the area from time to time. Not sure what to think of that as she has been known to kill with kindness, but this person did buy me nachos once so I think we're good. In all seriousness, it will be nice to have a friend there already. When I moved to DC way back when I had no friends and, god damn, that was depressing. Even a single friend is a great asset, especially when dealing with homesickness.

I'm excited, scared, joyful, and nervous. I'm going to miss Portland A LOT, especially my friends, and the nice weather when it is nice. I'm sure I'll come to love Ypsi too.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #722]

Jun 25, 2013 - 08:20 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3
Hello.

I mentioned this to a few others, but I thought I'd dump a bit of thought out in here.

THIS SHIT IS FUCKING HARD.

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 is a patch to the original PSX game (there's also a War of the Lions patch as well for those with a desire to play the "superior" version). It's not just a hard mode, which is generally what game hacks are, but also a rebalancing of the entire job system. With the small amount of time I've put in so far each job seems to have been tweaked by a significant amount making some much more interesting than before.

Archer, for instance, has been completely reworked. Instead of a list of Charge X moves, which were mostly worthless, the job has a list of tactical moves like one that interrupts an enemy's move that requires charging. That mage casting a potentially lethal hit will have their move disrupted. Another major tweak was the %s, nerfing the broken moves and boosting others that were too risky to ever cast. I remember White Mage's buffs being absolutely pointless to cast because they missed constantly, but now the buffs are more reliable. There's just so much changed that it really does feel like a new game.

Now, from what I read, it looked like the game went from a few broken classes to every job being broken, but the mere fact that the AI fights and story fights have been tiered up and given access to these types of moves the experience has become extremely challenging. I'm at the first Dorter City fight, which is the third story fight after the prologue, and I just get my ass handed to me every time. I went from an FFT grinder, trying to simply master every job, to a complete novice with very little understanding of the gameplay.

I feel like this patch really exposes the potential the game had in regard to challenge and depth of gameplay by simply tweaking the jobs and the enemy stats. I really recommend this, especially if you love pain.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #721]

Jun 22, 2013 - 03:12 PM
sword.gif

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #720]

May 22, 2013 - 06:16 PM
NOWHERE ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT INTO DARKNESS
1. Revealing it was Khan 45 minutes in was annoying. Why do we need this to be a re-imagined Space Seed/Wrath of Khan? Wrath of Khan was a solid movie because Space Seed already set up Khan, this movie didn't have that luxury so it literally introduced the character as the antagonist, only had his story arc come to an end after a simple fist fight, and literally put on ice for a future film. It sucked, Khan sucked, and I was disappointed that this was how the movie ended for him.

2. Let's talk about a war with Klingons, go to their home world, kill a bunch of them, and just leave. For a race that has Starfleet nearly shitting themselves in fear, hence the Section 31 subplot, Klingons can't seem to get it together with regard to detecting the Enterprise and the Vengeance (who are we getting Vengeance on, by the way?). Oh, and let's put helmets on all of them because the most iconic aspect of the Klingon race are their dumb helmets that cover up their fucked up foreheads which are of no interest to anybody, right?

3. Let's waste 30 minutes falling to earth.

4. Let's reveal that Khan's blood can revive the dead, McCoy take a sample, and "kill" Kirk. I think the writers misread Hitchcock's "bomb under the table" definition of tension. This scene had no tension and Spock looked dumb crying for his friend who we all knew would be back in a minute. It was anti-tension. Also Spock yelling out Khan's name was ridiculous.

5. I liked the movie but I am still annoyed at some of these details. The anti-climactic death of Kirk, the lazy "let's just get Spock into a fist fight" climax, the no-Konsequences Klingons, and a number of other pointless things (blonde hot girl). The first movie set us up for a real Star Trek adventure in space, on a new timeline where JJ and his team could do whatever the hell they wanted with the characters in how they grow as individuals and what adventures they went on. They didn't need to re-imagine Star Seed/Wrath of Khan but they did and it was dumb.

6. The movie ends on the same exact note as the first, except we're still waiting to see "new worlds" and "etc". The third movie will be good. Except it won't because we'll be too busy dealing with the dumb Klingons and Kirk will get demoted and reinstated within ten minutes first and then Kirk and Spock have to learn to get along again and then some dumb hot chick will show up for some reason and then nothing will have happened by the end of the movie. The End.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #719]

Jan 24, 2013 - 12:20 AM
Fuck ya'll.
I love you.

So, I'm moving away from Portland, Oregon this summer around August 7th as I enter the final years of University in order to obtain my degree in Dietetics (not Dianetics). This is going to cost me around $3,000 which includes gas, moving supplies, my new rent, and the deposit I'll probably need to put down. I also have to go to a wedding on August 24th that will be costing me about $500, so, basically, the money I usually scrape up over the year I use to pay to get to Maine is dried up entirely.

This, compounded with the fact that meet is taking place on finals week makes things complicated, especially since I'm taking a few rather difficult classes this time around (no more bullshitting some nonsense about sociology!). I'm in a pickle. No way out. I hate this reality. I've been to the last, what, five meets? It's my week of recover, my week of bliss, my week of friendly, gentlemanly rivalry which inevitably amounts to a year's worth of good times that carries me through, but occasionally sacrafices must be made. I'm trying to become make it in the world so that I don't have to scrape by to get to Maine, so this year's absence in for a better Erik, a stronger Erik, one who won't be bogged down by responsibilities.

The good news is that I'll be closer to almost everyone by August which means possible unexpected visits to some of you and intentional distance created from shade (necessary).

I'm sad. You're sad. Let's all just pretend it's already 2014 already, OK? I'LL MISS YOU, PLEASE HAVE ZERO FUN WITHOUT ME.

PS: I like shade, I was just kiddin'.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #718]

Nov 13, 2012 - 10:42 PM
Still sucks.
Me: (Furiously scribbling) Fuck this pencil.
Mishka: It's a pen.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #717]

Sep 3, 2012 - 02:44 AM
Just another entry to gloss over!
NAH, MAN.

I'm feeling all nostalgic about this journal. I look back at this board's glory days with pride that I get to be friends with some of you cocksuckers. I say that with love, you're all fucking assholes that I look forward to seeing, I genuinely look forward to getting old with you fucks. One day, when we're all lazy, rich, retirees, we should take a cruise and finally get around to having a legit orgy in the public hot tub. I feel like I've been left hanging all these years.

Missing you guys.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #716]

Jul 23, 2012 - 07:43 PM
Preface: my intent is only to piss you off.
Before I begin my masturbatory tirade about how the recent Hollywood, broadly aimed film has ruined cinema entirely, a criminal act that is on the level as the Armenian Holocaust and the collective atrocities of North Korea's Camp 22 combined, let me simply state this: your opinion is already wrong.

Famous film director, known for his/her last decade of blockbuster hits, a person who is responsible for touching the hearts and minds of millions of people across the globe, raking in a ton of money for all those who have been involved in any of his/her films, and getting away with murder by somehow swaying even the most respected film critics in the industry, pleasing them more than not, is the greatest hack of all time and is killing, no, RAPING the art of cinema and society itself.

What you do not know about Famous film director is this person wasn't working on film during the golden era of silent films, therefore it is more than reasonable to call this person's work derivative because, like all film directors alive today, their work is heavily inspired by their predecessors making anything they do complete and utter rip-off bullshit. Famous film director, much like others, is heavily influenced by known genres, classic films, and tried and true motifs and themes. Using such elements for the simple pleasure of capturing the imagination of the viewer is simply unforgivable. Just think, creative license and homage misused to sell a film that people enjoy! UNFORGIVABLE.

What I'm about to say may be irritating, but that's the point: Famous film director's new Hollywood Blockbuster Film is the worst movie of all time and is a slap in the face to all media that has come before it. Ignore the numbers, ignore the reviews, and most importantly, ignore your own opinion because it is wrong: this movie is the greatest atrocity today, it is a hate-crime to even acknowledge it, and it's existence is a crime against humanity. The world ends, time stops, and existence simply ceases because of this film.

The fact that I spent my time and money on this has made me come to this final solution. I must end my life. To any readers who have finally seen the darkness, who finally understand the fact that we live a lie in our society, you too know this is the only answer. Goodbye world, and although God is now dead because of this film, I hope some entity has mercy on whatever is left of your soul.

Final rating: D

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [9] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #715]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal