Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal

Journal Banner
This cacophony of commie buzz words and simplistic, condescending communist ideals both offends me as an American, and as a music listener. Should’ve been called Red Side Of the Moon.

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal Statistics
View Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s profile
Entries 744 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 290717
Replies Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline. has made 1541 comments [view stats]
Comments 2795 comments (3.76 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 617 props given to Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline. [who be proppin?]
Buddies 34 buddies
Relation You are not Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 21, 2014 - 01:17 PM
Our first app is (almost) totally out and ready!
You might have seen it on Facebook, if not:

https://www.facebook.com/shipshapetap

This game took about a week and a half to build, it was our goal to come up with something super, super simple game play and visually speaking.

In developing this game we've found that attempting to incorporate ads that aren't overly annoying is kind of tough, I think we found a decent middle ground with full-screen ads every three games or so, rather than the ugly bar at the top. Adding in-game purchases was another avenue for revenue, something that isn't really necessary for this game but was added to make some extra cash. Finally, the iOS approval process sucks.

Check it out!

Android: Here!

iOS: (pending, apparently it takes a week for them to approve anything, including updates)

My involvement with that game was minimal as the art and animation was extremely simple, those where done within Unity. The background and buttons were done by a designer colleague of my programming friend, he's our number three in this new venture.

So, our attention has shifted greatly from where we where, we figure we'll put out some apps, see what works, what doesn't, learn something, and continue on to our dream project or projects later on. Making real products in a short time window is kind of fun and challenging, though, so it's not a bad change of pace.

What's next? Well, I made these:

Those are previews, so they're in need of cleaning up still, but as you can see, we're trying to have a little more fun with the next game.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #732]

Jan 27, 2014 - 08:21 AM
mmorpg
Final Fantasy XIV: I don't give a shit anymore.

I'm not talking about people loving it or praising it, I'm talking about my desire to play this game. Not criticizing those who play, just myself.

I used to love online rpgs and the few that I stuck with, primarily Final Fantasy XI, left me with many great gaming memories. The social aspect of that game was was built upon how fucking impossible everything was without a team of amazing players, making those who you befriended truly your allies against a relentless assault from unforgiving, and unsympathetic developers.

The bonds I built where strong and I made some great friends that carry on to this day. I'm not sure if I could get into another game like FFXI at my age now (I was 18 when I started playing it in 2004). I don't have the time nor the patience to dedicate to such a demanding game like XI was. That's why I gave FFXIV another try.

I had high aspirations for Final Fantasy XIV, after the big patch anyway, and I was delighted by how easy it was to jump in and out without feeling like I wasn't going anywhere or that I needed to play for hours on end every single day. That was great, and all, but then it happened. I found out I was wasting my time.

I mean, seriously. The game is catered toward both multi- and single player play, and I certainly wasn't engaging in much multiplayer activities because I just don't fucking feel like interacting with strangers on that game when I can just queue up for a dungeon, perform my role, and never say a peep the entire time. I can craft, make money, and never build any bonds with people because there are about half a million other cap-level goldsmiths. Grinding out materials as a Miner class requires zero interaction, even with the game itself, so what's the fucking point?

Then, I just stand, looking at my in-game money, looking at my gear, and just not giving a shit about it. My experience in the game means nothing to anyone, including myself, because there are millions of others with the exact same gear and skill. The game is relatively easy, the gear is all the same for every person depending on their class, and as deep as the gameplay might be, there doesn't seem to be a call for the level of skill that would require anyone really know about it.

They're always adding shit to this game, and I'm sure they'll add content that truly challenges a person's ability to perform rather than just their ability to repeat a tedious task dozens of times over the course of months for a digital axe. I sound like a complete asshole, I'm sure, but I just can't see the point anymore. The game isn't fun, it's work, and there are so many other games that offer a quick challenge and a decent story if you're into that as well. I get all the social interaction I need from you fucking dweebs on Thursdays and chat, so fucking hell, why play a game that's main design is to prolong your stay and maintain your subscription? Fuck it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #731]

Jan 12, 2014 - 05:33 PM
OK, just a bit more
Two days left for editing. I have submitted, for your approval, my personal statement.

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/cr...tml#post817996

This might be the most important piece of the puzzle and need some good feedback on it. Brutal, unrelenting feedback.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #730]

Jan 8, 2014 - 02:44 PM
Freaking out about this application.
http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/cr...re-anyway.html

This next Wednesday, the 15th, I'm turning in my big, huge, amazingly high pressure application. A three-ring binder with all kinds of info about me, including three, yes, three writing assignments!

First, it's a resume. Easy, right? The only critique is content but I'm also worried about formatting, which is why I made that thread. If you have any good criticism, I need it. Be brutal. That grammar will suck in some way. I need help.

Then it's a personal statement. I'll probably post it here soon. It's a sales pitch about my history, why I chose the program, and what I intend to do with it. This is something that comes a little bit easier for me, but, you know, everything is a rough draft before a peer review. I need a peer review beating, I've been bad, I used words with abandon. Someone punish me.

Finally it's a pretty simple Q&A, four questions, half page each (about four sentences after double spacing and rewriting the question). Same as above. I abused words. I'll post it soon.

WILL YOU HELP ME, MY DEAR FRIENDS AND ETERNAL CRITICS!?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #729]

Sep 29, 2013 - 03:27 PM
Taking enzymes for granted.
I'm taking Medical Biochemistry this term online from the University of New England and I have been humbled! I didn't think it would be easy, and I must admit I am happy to note that there is a definite lack of major Organic Chemistry tied in with the information, but it is hard. I almost miss the magic hand waving of 100 and 200 level courses where any detail is really unimportant.

I miss it a lot, actually.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #728]

Sep 18, 2013 - 09:02 PM
Baby's first 3D model
It's seriously not done but it's literally the best thing I've made in Maya after two weeks of introductory menu learning junk.

Missing a proper texture and a few pieces but you get the idea.

So the way it works is you get a template of sorts, so that image of a sword in the background I threw together in Photoshop is just a flat plane with the image on it. I created a few basic polygons and added an appropriate number of subdivisions for all three dimensions on it and modify them accordingly. The blade is a rectangular box with the edges smooshed down into themselves and the top line of subdivisions smooshed into a single point. The entire thing was flattened out as well. The handle is a cylinder that was just flattened out a bit. You get the idea.

Making something like this is pretty, extremely simple, but it's still pretty neat-o. The next steps involve applying an appropriate texture to each component and snapping the components together into a single object. As it is those are just polygons floating around in space with nothing keeping them together.

Huzzah!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #727]

Sep 5, 2013 - 09:00 PM
Dear Diary
I just thought I'd be dorky and use this journal here.

Let's see, today was a fine day. I had my first real day of classes at EMU, Human Physiology and Microbiology. I have a few days before I need to register for the online Medical Biochemistry course I need to take from the University of New England. Apparently it officially starts on the 15th and I have 16 weeks to finish it up on my own pace and time which is pretty cool since I'll be stressing out with those other two classes I'm taking.

Medical Biochemistry sounds difficult but I have a feeling it will be easier than regular Biochemistry for two reasons: first, it's online and google. I know, I know, it's skeezy as hell, but this school has a highly specialized online program so I have a feeling that google may not be as big of a player than the online classes I took at community college, especially the one that had every answer to every test available online with a simple search of the test text. That was lame. Second, this class doesn't require a full year of Organic Chemistry as a prerequisite so I think it will be less intensive.

I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing lately as well. I finally got Julien's picture, which I was very, very giddy about. I'm working on Chief as well but he's cranky as hell so he's been more of a challenge. I'm also waiting for a damn animal to suggest a police station. I want my fucking lost and found, people!

I'm also hard at work learning Maya from the ground up. I'm subscribed to Digital Tutors which has been extremely thorough. I'm five lessons in and we're still just learning the UI. It's a bit dry but in my experience with programs as complex as this I always end up lost simply because of the dense menu system and how it looks. I'm pretty sure I've mastered creating new projects, though, and I'm getting antsy to actually, uh, do something. I'm essentially taking another class with this job, which is extremely excellent because I'm getting paid to master this aside from help begin the process of outlining our game.

What else? I've been biking again! I really hate my bike and it just makes me resent the fact that my previous one was stolen. I loved that bike. I might buy the same model as it was only just under 200 bucks. Light as hell, maybe 25 lbs? I loved that thing. I miss it. I hate my current bike. Someone even yelled at me for biking which I blame the bike for. I may be out of practice and out of shape but I blame the bike.

That's it for now.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #726]

Aug 28, 2013 - 11:31 PM
Elysium
I forgot I saw this. Says a lot, don't it?

I liked this movie and it was extremely forgettable. I enjoyed District 9 well enough so I figured this movie would be fun to watch with my family while they visited and so we did. It's got action, it's got some suspense, and it's got a message that any dope post lobotomy would catch. Honestly, I know D9 wasn't exactly subtle, but it was just one level above this in regard to knee-jerked, hamfisted messages. Or message, actually, which was Mexicans are people too!

I do mean Mexicans here, specifically, and Mexico as a country, which just like modern times includes the state of California. These people aren't displaced, no, they are lingering on a world abandoned by the super-rich. Everyone wants to get to Elysium, or basically Canada, but it's just too "above" them to reach and nobody likes elitists, just their pretty things. Like space violins.

They all want what Space Canadia has and that's free healthcare. What the residents of the space donut don't know is that apparently these machines that cure all kinds of Mexican AIDS, including radiation, is that they work without any actual, physical cost to operate and healing the sickly brown people on Earth wouldn't be a burden on their elitist lives. But they're all jerks up there, floating around. Like jerks.

So Mexican Matt Damon puts on an exoskeleton because "why not" and goes to space to battle a South African samurai who's face blowed up and then unblowed up then fell, like, all the way down to the floor. Then Mexi-Matt's brain gets fried at the last minute when he decides at the last minute to save the earth at the last minute. And when I say "save the earth" I mean "give brown people un-broken legs with robots and space beds."

Oh yeah, there was this villain! She was totally unsypathetic, ruthless, ready to get what she wanted at all costs and then she died suddenly. Whoops!

Oh, and Space Matt was really into this girl at the beginning of the movie and then he was all, like, "uh, I suddenly don't care about you, only me, I'm selfish, I don't want to cure your dumb kid with stupidly contrived stories told to me at a time that is convenient for the plot at this moment which I am totally unaware of (hint hint, audience, I'll be sacrificing myself later on!)" then for reasons that would be cool and, uh, like, totally relatable, he's a hero at the end, but at the cost of his own life. Pretty wicked cool, huh?

I guess the movie was kind of dumb, and the message was hammy, and the characters are all either dumb, die conveniently, or change their outlook on society and their situation conveniently, but the trailer was pretty cool.

Not an awful movie, just dumb. And obvious.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #725]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal