Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal

Journal Banner
"Remember that you must behave in life as at a dinner party. Is anything brought around to you? Put out your hand and take your share with moderation. Does it pass by you? Don't stop it. Is it not yet come? Don't stretch your desire towards it, but wait till it reaches you. Do this with regard to children, to a wife, to public posts, to riches, and you will eventually be a worthy partner of the feasts of the gods. And if you don't even take the things which are set before you, but are able even to reject them, then you will not only be a partner at the feasts of the gods, but also of their empire." - The Enchiridion, Epictetus

Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal Statistics
View Misogynyst Gynecologist's profile
Entries 969 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 56 entries are private (5.78% of total)
Views 476390
Replies Misogynyst Gynecologist has made 6926 comments [view stats]
Comments 8922 comments (9.21 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1601 props given to Misogynyst Gynecologist [who be proppin?]
Buddies 23 buddies
Relation You are not Misogynyst Gynecologist's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Oct 11, 2012 - 10:51 AM
Ugh (tl;dr)
Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
"There is always one woman to save you from another and as that woman saves you she makes ready to destroy."
I'll apologize for quoting Bukowski again but I seem to have lost two very close friends in very short order. One, after talking on and off for a few months, straight-up gave me the "Don't ever contact me again" finger this morning. So I've thrown up my hands and deleted all my contacts with her after 12? 13 years? We were very close for most of those years - like weeds growing out of the same sidewalk crack - and now she's decided to go and, frankly, whatever. Jessykins told me this was coming three or four years ago (she knew her too) I hate that she's gone, more than I can say, but its her decision and frankly, I'm not perfect either. But I tried and I failed and if she can't accept that failure, I can accept that I tried.

The second has basically dialed our friendship back to the point of where she'll post an internet meme on my wall. This is, of course, a woman whom I'd call family and practically a sibling since "meeting her" via Livejournal in 1999. I care about her very deeply, we'd talk on the phone or on AIM ev
ery night for years, and I'm really sorry to see she's just plain old given up on our friendship now that she has a husband and a new job and all that jazz. Our last two talks were a match of arguments and apologies and mine was certainly the more heartfelt of the two. After all, I was the one who was losing. She seems to be on autopilot, I seem to feel everything - its a painful combination and one I wish I'd have grown out of or she had grown into. And though we're still Facebook friends, it fucking BLOWS that that is all we are. I came to know myself better because of her; now I know less about people because she is gone.

And yet, after all that Elka and Amanda stuff the last couple of years, I've gotten pretty hard-hearted. The skin is thicker, the blood doesn't run as much, and I really hate that I'm that way because of these people. It couldn't be the common fathomless asshole pukes who populate every day life - it had to be the people I cherished.

Funny thing is I use to think I was losing these people because I am such an unmitigated asshole (some of the time) or that I'm bad with women or something between those two. But then, one of my best friends is a woman I met in kindergarten whom I still talk to several times a week. So maybe its not entirely my fault.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #873]

Oct 1, 2012 - 08:21 AM
My Days As A Pimp Are Not In Jeopardy

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #872]

Sep 28, 2012 - 11:26 AM
“What is REAL?” asked the Rabbit
“What is REAL?” asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. “Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?”

“Real isn’t how you are made,” said the Skin Horse. “It’s a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.”

“Does it hurt?” asked the Rabbit.

“Sometimes,” said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. “When you are Real you don’t mind being hurt.”

“Does it happen all at once, like being wound up,” he asked, “or bit by bit?”

“It doesn’t happen all at once,” said the Skin Horse. “You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #871]

Sep 13, 2012 - 10:44 AM
NWA Concert, 1986
Was rollin deep with Ray-J and Fresh D, catch'n bodies. When people were out lookin at us, they were looking for trouble. I just capped three cops when they caught this picture of me, stylin' fresh threads.

Spoiler:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #870]

Sep 7, 2012 - 07:39 AM
Alternatives To YesAsia / Playasia?
Started replaying Xenogears this week and I want to pick up the soundtrack again. Is there any stores out there aside from the two mentioned in the title of this entry you could suggest? My days of paying $50 for a CD are over and I'm more into shopping around but don't even know where to start when it comes to VGM stuff.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #869]

Aug 14, 2012 - 06:28 PM
Star Wars by Jean-Paul Sartre
YouTube Video

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #868]

Aug 8, 2012 - 02:53 PM
RIP Bill
RIP Bill. You were the elder statesmen of my department. You were one of the most fun people I've ever met in my life. You were also totally senile for the seven years I worked with you. Fond memories include:

*The time we saw a fox cross the street and if you asked if it was a deer.

*All the times you stole food from parties and stuck them in your pockets, only to give them to us an hour later. Turkey and cheese on a keiser bun *must* be more delicious when its warmed over, gooey and covered in pocket lint.

*Eating an amount of candy that could only be called superhuman... and then throwing the wrappers behind the table and the mess of sugar ants that would reappear ever year.

*Your oft-repeated rhyme "Coca-cola hits the spot... but I prefer Pepsi" as well as greeting us with a dignified "HOW WHITE MAN" every morning and occasionally dancing in a circle like a Native American on pow-wow.

*Your gentle, child-like nature and great humor ... which was occasionally broken when you were arguing with Joe and then the swear words would start flying thicker than any combination of George Carlin HBO specials.

*The embarrassing times where you gave Nazi salutes to people or introduced yourself as "Chief Big Peen" to another department.

*Rolling down your car window, shaking your fist at people to "GET THE F***ING HELL OUT OF MY WAY, YOU SONUVAB*TCH" and then honking the horn... when you were driving on sidewalks.

*The time you full-on, behind-the-back prison shanked the mailman with a banana. For no discernible reason.

I've missed you since you retired, Bill. You were one hell of a great guy.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #867]

Jul 23, 2012 - 06:53 AM
"WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHERE IS THE DETONATOR!?" (TDKR Spoilers)
Response to: Let's talk Batman by Wall Feces

Short version: The Dark Knight Rises wasn't as bad as Prometheus but it was still a stinker. Bad pacing, banal plotting and the worst turn-around climax I've seen in ages. It didn't make me as angry as the last one did but this is certainly the most inept superhero movie since X-Men 3 and possibly Batman & Robin.

This last Batman is just Superman IV writ for 200 million. Swap the bad Canon movie FX for nihilism and you got it.

Long version

Spoiler:
You have to be some kind of idiot to ditch the third movie's obvious set-up by disowning ending of the previous film. This movie does just that. "Batman is blamed for Dent's death? Let's put him into hiding for 8 years." That's defusing the situation, not building on it. And more importantly...

The "theme" / motif for this one should have been centered around Gordon's lie to perpetuate peace. And that IS in there but it's barely in the mix. Why is a massive moral quandary NOT the center of your final act / film? Once Bane reads the unused speech, the result is... nothing. Gordon doesn't feel any repercussions to his speech, which was essentially the entire moral quandary the last film left on. The obvious result was to put Gordon in jail after the prison has been broken out. There has to be SOME repercussions to the TRUTH. And there isn't. Lame.

Whole parts of the film don't gel. I never had a sense of timing: one edit can mean seconds and the next can mean days, Bruce is in prison and then somehow is in Gotham under a bridge in some unknown amount of time? Or Gordon being in the sewer for a couple of minutes, stumbles upon Bane and then rolls out? That's not good writing or editing. The inciting incident is a two minute sequence of a character accidentally running into the villain and then escaping and then no one believing him. Bad, bad, bad writing.

Alfred leaving didn't work either. It happened too early in the film (so his final scene lacks gravitas) and also didn't have a resulting dramatic anchor to it (we don't see him for two acts and then hes back at Wayne Manor. Why not show him as the city is crumbling, Nolan?). Wayne just sort of decides to come out of retirement because of Bane in the sewers and... That's it. There's no sense of WHY he must do it other than they needed to make a movie. (Also: Batman going into retirement is retarded. He stopped organized crime so ... he stopped being Batman? He's not Elliot Ness. He's Batman. He's out there to stop everything from The Joker to purse-snatching. He's not just a federal agent working a case.)

And lets not forget the original meeting of the police officer and Bruce Wayne:

Blake: SEE I WAS AN ORPHAN TOO AND YOU CAME TO THE ORPHANAGE ONE DAY AND I SAW YOU HAD THE SAME EXPRESSION AS ME SO I KNEW YOU WERE BATMAN.

Wayne: (blank stare)

Blake: OKAY GOOD-BYE.

The switcheroo at the very end was insultingly poor. My buddy Dave and I determined that Bruce WAS alive which robs any kind of "message" or sacrifice the character makes, thus making the whole ending moot - hell, even makes the whole stupid "Die a hero or live long enough to be a villain" speech from the last movie moot. Much like the climax of Inception (which is a dream, all evidence points that way) making the whole situation a pointless stress exercise and robs the film of any possible value.

Nolan breaks the old rule Donner set down on the original Superman: your hero shouldn't affect the real world. Superman disarmed nukes in the fourth movie and in this Nolan makes a movie that is purposefully around 9/11 and Occupy Wall Street... And doesn't comment about either of them, he just uses the events as seasoning for his film. Someone tried to convince me that he was using Bastille Day but thats hogwash: one of the scenes starts with WALL STREET. It doesn't get much more on the nose than that.

This movie just proves Nolan doesn't understand Batman at all. Instead of giving us a legend or some kind of post-modern hero, he just created a nihilistic character based on sadistic acts. What a bunch of hooey.

A bad, dumb, stupid movie which was obviously written backwards especially the eye-rolling climax (saving Gotham from a bomb is entirely dependent on Batman having a plane with a grappling hook).

Rating: D

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #866]

Jul 7, 2012 - 10:01 AM
The Aspergers Spider-Man (Spoiler Free)
So. Amazing Spider-Man.

THE GOOD: Emma Stone. Like Frank Langella in Masters Of The Universe, Jurgen Prochnow in The Replacement Killers or David Warner in anything ever, Stone is by far the gem in this film. Thoughtful, emotional, well-acted - every scene she's in is a total joy to watch no matter who she's with. She's not only pretty but she can ACT which is rare in this age of gross out comedy and blithering false-feminist feel-good fuck-swap like Perfect Pitch (do NOT google that film). I am deeply impressed with her in this.

Martin Sheen and Sally Field are an interesting pick as Ben and May Parker. It doesn't totally work but it also does - while they don't seem like the comic characters, they do seem very true to life. However, they do seem much colder compared to Cliff Robertson (I'll get to that later).

The movie has a nice color palette to it.

THE BAD: the directing is very, very... VERY flat. It's impossible to compare it against Raimi's in the same way it would be impossible to compare Stanley Kubrick to Paul Verhoeven; and in this case, this film is the more "Kubrick" though without the intellectual bent. It's cold and detached and uninterested in telling a heroic tale. It's not a dumb film but...

It's dull. The greatest problem with the film is that it's dull as hell. I can remember two scenes in the film that work and work well but...

1.) neither of them deal with web-swinging or stopping the villain.
2.) though well-done, felt entirely out of place in a superhero movie and would be more in place with a good romance film like Until September or Kate & Leopold.

And so... why does this movie exist if it can't give you good action scenes? As a point of preference, it's interesting to me that compared to this film, the Raimi films are chock full of practical effect shots or at least well rendered greenscreen mattes. All the action sequences in this are CG renders from what I remember and it robs it of both visceral feel and realism. Spider-Man (in this hilariously stupid costume design) leaps about like a feather on the wind: he glides but there is no feeling of muscle or power behind it.

THE UGLY: Garfield is the worst thing to happen to Peter Parker since getting his coke-bottle glasses. Instead of being a quirky, solitary nerd, this version of Peter has a text book case of Aspergers. He twitches, is unable to make eye contact, talks with his hands, stutters and generally acts like a dinner theater version of Billy Bibbit. It was very, very painful to watch him because aside from the twitching and speech impediment, he was also a massive asshole to everyone. His aunt and uncle, the kids in school, Gwen, everyone. I felt bad the order characters had to interact with him.

(Side Note: this film is like a 12 year old's response to Captain America, where the good German doctor said about the little guy appreciating what power was. Well... In this movie, when you get power, you decide to become an asshole the size of a CNN article response thread.)

The thing about Spider-Man, rewrite or not, the character exists as this: nice guy gets powers and makes a tragic mistake that loses him his Uncle Ben and he learns with great power must come great responsibility. This movie purposely avoids that. There is no lesson, Peter goes nowhere and becomes no one special. He is not a hero because he never completes any of the trials a hero must: makes no sacrifice, feels no guilt, doesn't evolve or change. He puts on a mask and... thats it. No hero's journey.

Garfield's Peter Parker is Cameron Fry if he stayed in bed instead of going out with Ferris Beuller.

Instead, Peter loses his Uncle Ben (props to how they twisted his fate) and so he puts on his tights and goes on a vigilante spree to find the guy. While chasing the original killer into a warehouse in the original movie is an act of passion, a montage of beating up fleeing blonde men strikes more as misplaced revenge. That's not Spider-Man because thats not heroic.

The Horner score is lilting. It's not bad but it's not heroic. The caper is a complete point of convenience and though not insultingly bad is unraveled as you watch it. You can outsmart the movie very quickly and truth be told, the film cribs it's last 5 minutes from the last 30 seconds of the original Spider-Man.

All in all, the film isn't BAD. It didn't make me angry and I didn't hate it but it did make me sad. Spider-Man was one of my *things* growing up, defining an identity of morals as opposed to The Punisher or Superman... and the fact that we've gone so far from me (and this will make some uncomfortable to read) crying Field Of Dreams style in the theater when Peter talks to Ben in Spider-Man 2 to me nodding off during the climactic fight in this version shows how far we haven't come.

The film isn't made for fans of the series but, instead, made to interest Twilight fans. Garfield's hair is quaffed like the lead vampire in that movie and I'm pretty sure it's for this reason. The leaden action sequences, odd dialogue (they even swipe a throw-away joke from the original movie) and a schmear of really bad one-liners and you get this.

The Aspergers Spider-Man

(If you see it, and I'm sure you will, the two parts I liked both involve Gwen. The first one is her trying to heal Peter after fighting the Lizard and it's touching; however, I can't tell if it's because the acting works or because I was having painful flashbacks to Megan and it was like finding a home movie of a good memory, down to hand gestures and her dimples. So when you see the picture, take note of that scene and see if affects you as strongly as it did me.)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #865]

Jul 3, 2012 - 02:49 PM
I Do This When I'm Bored

Sitting at my desk, right now, doing this.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #864]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal