Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal

Journal Banner
"Remember that you must behave in life as at a dinner party. Is anything brought around to you? Put out your hand and take your share with moderation. Does it pass by you? Don't stop it. Is it not yet come? Don't stretch your desire towards it, but wait till it reaches you. Do this with regard to children, to a wife, to public posts, to riches, and you will eventually be a worthy partner of the feasts of the gods. And if you don't even take the things which are set before you, but are able even to reject them, then you will not only be a partner at the feasts of the gods, but also of their empire." - The Enchiridion, Epictetus

Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal Statistics
View Misogynyst Gynecologist's profile
Entries 969 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 56 entries are private (5.78% of total)
Views 476417
Replies Misogynyst Gynecologist has made 6926 comments [view stats]
Comments 8922 comments (9.21 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1601 props given to Misogynyst Gynecologist [who be proppin?]
Buddies 23 buddies
Relation You are not Misogynyst Gynecologist's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 28, 2015 - 11:46 AM
Recent Finds: Friendship & Thrifting
I haven't been feeling modern video games for a while. Alien Isolation and Mass Effect nonwithstanding, by and large too much of it is the same old shit. FPS is now purely a Call Of Duty clone - the *entire* genre. So I've been hanging out with some people at my local Retro Gaming store. Most of them are amazingly cool people and I've since gone on several adventures with one of them. How she tolerates me for so long is not known by any medical science.

Our trip up to Massachusetts two weeks ago yielded some nice finds. Nothing spectacular, but still stuff I've wanted for a while. (I have the FF set already, but this is the black spine one, which came with an extra music disc).

Spoiler:

My friend also hooked me up with two games I'd wanted for a while. The battery needs to be replaced on one and the other needs a cleaning (it blackscreens on my SNES) but for $30, why the heck not?

Spoiler:

And all this thrifting and networking had me hitting up all the pawn shops and Goodwills in my area. Most of the time the have either nothing or really overpriced last-gen stuff like Wii Fits for $20 or Xbox 360 Football games for $30. I happened into a Goodwill about 40 minutes from me and I found these buried behind some cassette tapes on the bottom shelf for $6 a pop. Needless to say, I nearly ran out of there, forgetting to pay.

Spoiler:

I tried to flip the Ninja Gaiden at a Retro games trade event - surprisingly, a couple people were interested in it but it seems the third game is the one everyone wants? - but nothing I had got sold. Most people were more into selling, fewer buyers this time. Almost got a Contra 3 for my Majora's Mask CE but the guy needed an N64 expansion pack - and I left my extra one at home. :\

And then in walks in this guy with a Rubbermaid bucket of VGM!

For $20 I bought five discs off of him: some FF arranged albums I wanted and the Xenogears 2 soundtrack that came with the strategy guide way back when. But this... this was the real victory. For $5.

Spoiler:

I had this in high school and a kid from my art class walked off with it. Its practically brand new aside from one slight crack on the cover. I couldn't be happier.

Oh yeah, and this happened a few months ago: my brief night of being on the front page of Reddit.

Spoiler:

Hows everyone here doing?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #903]

Apr 24, 2015 - 03:08 PM
Hey all
Whats the good word?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #902]

Sep 19, 2014 - 10:08 AM
Delicious Dune Spice Cookies

Spoiler:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #901]

Sep 15, 2014 - 11:15 AM
And then, suddenly...

SPIRO AGNEW IS ON THE CASE

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #900]

Jul 11, 2014 - 10:29 AM
Current Level Of Frustration

Taking a break from social media and the internet. Disabled my Facebook account this morning. Will check in from time to time on Twitter and here but for the most part, I need to withdraw for a while.

Let’s see how long this lasts.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #898]

Jun 17, 2014 - 11:15 AM
Cleaning Out Old Images And I Found This

I wish I had context for it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #897]

Mar 4, 2014 - 11:45 AM
Argh
I've written about her before: the friend who got married last year. We're still friends and we still chat occasionally but since she moved into her new house (about 45 minutes away) theres been a strange distance between us. And for the first time in my life, I can tell she feels like scrambling back into each others lives. Not romantically - but (at least on my end) there was a very strong sense of security, of familiarity. One that I enjoyed a great deal because as I get older, I am attaching much more strongly to established friends and making fewer new ones.

However, I find myself in a shit position because I can't bring myself to visit her at that house. I can't put it into words other than there is a great deal of trepidation. Like setting foot in that house would be bad mojo or... well, not jealousy but certainly something orbiting that. I am aware that its there (even if I can't name it) and I feel like the shittiest friend because I refuse to take that first step into her new life.

And I know if I keep putting it off, I'll lose her - even if she's trying to meet me halfway emotionally.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #896]

Feb 19, 2014 - 09:00 PM
Hey Maris

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #895]

Jan 31, 2014 - 04:10 PM
ITE: Delicious Snack Foods

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [11] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #894]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Misogynyst Gynecologist's Journal