Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136907
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jul 9, 2010 - 10:30 PM
oh lawd
I just saw on the news that there's actually an anime convention here in San Antonio. I've always kinda wanted to go to one (more when I was younger, but I still wouldn't mind going to one), but I always used the excuse that I'd have to travel as a reason not to go to one. Now that there's one right in my backyard, I guess I can't use that excuse not to go anymore.

Of course, I spent the whole time watching the news report laughing my ass off, so I could always use the "I don't want to go anywhere near these creepy motherfuckers" excuse, but I think curiosity might eventually get the best of me. Maybe I'll try to go next year.

Maybe.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #376]

Jul 5, 2010 - 10:06 PM
A mixed bag of Summer TV
What happens when I watch a whole bunch of shows but get lazy about actually discussing them? You get really long entries like this.

Persons Unknown - I really didn't know anything about this show going in, so I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The basic premise is that a random group of people just mysteriously wake up in this small town one day that they can't escape. There are cameras everywhere, so they know people are watching them, but they don't know for what purpose. I think it's a real interesting concept, and I'm glad it's being marketed as a miniseries rather than a regular show, so we know we'll get all the answers by the end. Because of that, I can't fathom why it's getting all these comparisons to Lost. I personally just don't see it all, and that show never crossed my mind once as I watched this one. But whatever. The point is, the show is awesome, and it definitely deserves to be checked out.

The Hard Times of RJ Berger - AKA Colonel Skills: The High School Years. Seriously though, this show turned out to not be as bad as I thought it'd be, which is especially good considering it airs on MTV. The pilot was kinda meh, but I've grown to like it more and more with each subsequent episode. Probably the worse thing about the show is the one they keep hyping up the most, the fact that the main character has a huge cock (do we really need to keep talking about a high school kid's cock?). It honestly wasn't even funny the first time they mentioned, and it gets less funny every time they do mention it (which, luckily, they don't actually do much beyond the pilot). Even aside from that though, it's still not a show for everyone, but if you're into sophmoric comedy there are certainly worse shows you could watch.

Warren the Ape - Aparrently this is a spin-off of Greg The Bunny, but I remember so little from that show that I didn't even realize it until I read about it later (and when Greg actually appeared in a later episode). Anyway, the show isn't terrible, but it seems to be one of those "oh look, it's cute puppets doing bad things haha that's hilarious!" type of shows rather than being genuinely funny most of the time. I'll probably watch it if it's on (and being on MTV, it'll probably be on at least twice a day every day), but it's not a show I'd go out of my way to watch.

Are We There Yet? - A spin-off of the Ice Cube movies that I never watched. I pretty much only watched it because there was nothing else on at the time, and Terry Crews (who played the dad on Everybody Hates Chris) is in it. The show...isn't that great. Terry Crews pretty much plays the same character here except without the quirks that made his character unique on Everybody Hates Chris. Everyone else in the cast is also pretty generic, and even worse, the kids are a bunch of stupid prats that are annoying as fuck. Definitely not a show I'd recommend, though I'm sure that typical of a TBS sitcom.

Top Shot - This show is pretty much Survivor with guns (it's even hosted by a former Survivor contestant, Colby Donaldson). You have two teams competing each other in different marksman challenges (ranging from rrifles and pistols to longbows), with the losing team having to vote for two people to compete against each other in an elimination challenge. Pretty standard reality fare here, but in a good way. The only part I don't like is how they try to justify having this show air on The History Channel by having random bits of historical information thrown in before every challenge. If this aired on any other channel it'd be okay but because it's on The History Channel it just seems so forced. It's not that big a part of the show though, so overall it's still pretty great.

Hot in Cleveland - Just call it The Betty White Show, because she gets all the best lines despite not even being on screen as much as the other leads. Even without her though this show would still be alright, as all the other leads are pretty good in their own right (Wendie Malick probably being my favorite). While there's nothing wrong with the show itself, it just feels weird watching a show (especially a new show) on TV Land.

Rookie Blue - Generic cop show is generic, now with a multiethnic cast! Seriously, this show doesn't do anything that you haven't already seen in a dozen other cop shows (as evidenced by the fact that I was able to predict every major plot twist in the pilot to the surprise of my sister). At least the main character is the chick who played Andi on Reaper, because otherwise I wouldn't know anybody on this show. This show just screams typical summer TV fare, so I don't expect it to last anytime beyond that.

Memphis Beat - Generic Southern cop show is generic. And also not good. Despite having a pretty good cast, the actual show itself is so ho-hum that I just couldn't stay interested for long. I watched the entire first episode but I'll be damned if I can tell you anything that happened in it. Really though, I can't believe TNT got rid of Saving Grace (a good Southern cop show, as if this is actually a genre) but actually put this on.

Boston Med - The show isn't bad, but I just don't see what the big deal is. There's been plenty of shows like this that have been coming on for years on cable channels like Discovery Heatlh and TLC. Granted, the production values are probably a bit higher on this one, but even that isn't necessarily a good thing (for example, they play terrible music like every five minutes). And don't get me started on the doctors themselves, as most of them don't even come off as likable, and the show suffers by having them talk directly to the cameras. I'd much rather have a show where they just follow the doctors around without all the extra commentary, but I guess most people probably wouldn't be able to follow a show like that. Also, I'd prefer more focus on the patients and their families, as they don't seem to be hamming it up for the cameras as much as the doctors do.

And despite all the shows I just talked about, not only do I feel like I forgot something, but I know there are still a few new shows that have already started airing but I haven't got around to watching yet. There were even a few shows that looked so terrible I didn't even bother to watch, and probably never will (like ABC's Sunday night lineup). Either way, this is definitely enough for now, as it is easily 2-3 entried worth of material compared to how I usually do it. Also, I still plan on doing my TV show cancellation entry (despite it already being over a month later than when I usually post it), I've just been lazy about finishing it. I actually completed a good chunk of it back in May (like somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of it), but once again the laziness reigns supreme. Hopefully I'll get around to finishing it sometime soon.

Response entries:
A mixed bag of Summer TV, part II by Rockgamer

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #375]

May 21, 2010 - 01:22 PM
It really is that easy...
Response to: Heavy Chocolate Rain by Rockgamer

While I was at Target on Tuesday, both the PS3 and PSP versions of ModNation Racers were on the shelf. Now, I haven't been following this game at all (because the game is crap), so I didn't think anything of it. It was a Tuesday, so I just assumed it had just came out that day. But today I was reading something that mentioned it came out on the 25th, and then after I double checked today's date I realized that once again a game that shouldn't be out yet was on the shelf again.

Again my first thought is why couldn't this happen with a good game. But now I'm thinking if I could easily find two pretty major first party games on the shelf about a week before their street dates, it probably isn't that hard to find any game early if you're desperate enough (and I mean without resorting to the Internet, of course). Luckily I don't care about that kinda stuff (being the cheap ass that I am, I hardly ever buy any new release games anyway), so I just find this all pretty hilarious.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #374]

May 20, 2010 - 02:48 AM
The Good...something
Despite having no desire to watch it, I checked out The Good Guys tonight. I thought I would absolutely hate it (I actually planned to start off watching it, but figured I'd have tuned out in time to watch the season finale of The Middle, which started thirty minutes into The Good Guys), but I did end up watching it until the end.

I don't know why I kept watching it, honestly. It's one of those comedy/drama hybrids, but separately each of those elements were pretty weak (i.e. most of the jokes fell flat and the drama wasn't very engaging). Having them combined didn't make the show much better, but it was just good enough to keep me watching. In all honesty, the only real reason I probably kept watching because the character of "the second best assassin in the world" was pretty awesome. But since I doubt he'll be a permanent character, my only interest in the show has been lost.

It does get props for having Jenny Wade on there though, the chick who played Ben's demon girlfriend on the second season of Reaper. But even she may not be enough to keep me watching, because I honestly won't know until I check out another episode or two.

In other television stuff, The Good Wife is pretty damn close to taking over Glee as my favorite new show of the season. They're both fucking awesome shows, and the only thing that's probably keeping Glee on top is the fact that I've enjoyed every single episode of it from the beginning, while it did take me a few episodes to really get into The Good Wife. But to be brutally honest, I have been enjoying The Good Wife more as of late (with the exception of Brittany from Glee, who is hands down the best thing on television at the moment). I probably won't be able to choose definitively until both shows have ended their seasons.

There's plenty of other TV news I could be discussing, but I probably won't touch on it until I get around to making my annual tl;dr list of cancellations for this season. I've already begun to work on it, so expect to see it sometime soon.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #373]

May 17, 2010 - 01:03 PM
You fooled me once, 5th Cell...
...but there's no way you can fool me into believing Super Scribblenauts will be a good game.

I knew the first game was going to be crap. As soon as it was announced I said it was largely a gimmick, and that the gameplay would largely boil down to doing the same thing over and over again. I tried to stay on that course, but I let the stupid hype (and Keyboard Cat) get to me and still ended up getting the game. But lo and behold, the game was exactly like I initially thought it would be.

So now they're making a sequel. I won't fall for it this time! When the only new features you can boast are that the controls aren't broken as fuck and that you can use adjectives (adjectives!), it not only sounds like this game will suck, but it also sounds like an admission that the first game sucked as well. Unfortunately, people will probably still buy it, but at least I won't be one of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I still like 5th Cell. Drawn to Life was good, and Lock's Quest is probably one of the most underrated games on the DS. It's just sad to see that their most popular game is also their crappiest.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #372]

May 14, 2010 - 01:29 AM
From two to zero in five minutes!
So I dropped my DS Lite and now the bottom screen is fucked up and won't show anything. You can still use the touchscreen, but there's really no point when you can't see anything.

Luckily I also have an original DS!

So I just popped my copy of Picross DS (the only DS game I'm really playing at the moment) into said original DS, and everything goes fine. Until I notice the flickering on the top screen. It wasn't that bad when it started, but now it's to the point where I'm pretty sure I'll get a seizure if I stare at it for more than five seconds. I have no idea when this even started happening, as I haven't played the thing in years. I guess it might be from non-use or something, because I haven't dropped it since I haven't even been using the damn thing to do so in the first place.

So just like that I have no DS. I'm still not planning on getting a DSi XL, so I guess I'll just be out of one until the 3DS comes out (whenever that is). Luckily there aren't any upcoming games for it that I was looking forward to (not that I can think of, anyway), but it still sucks that I can't play the ones I have. In particular I was looking forward to playing Revenant Wings since my sister and I are almost done with FFXII, but oh well. I'll probably still finish off Picross DS (since the top screen is largely unimportant in that game), but after that I probably won't play any DS games for a long while. I can still use the system to play GBA games though, which I still have quite a few of that I need to finish.

Currently Playing: One screen Picross!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #371]

Apr 23, 2010 - 01:38 PM
ModNation Racers PSP Demo Code
So I got an email with an early access code to ModNation Racers PSP Demo. I played the PS3 beta last year and it was pretty terrible, so I have no desire to play an inferior version of the same game.

Thus, PM me if you want the code.

Don't expect anything good though.

EDIT: Code taken.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #370]

Apr 15, 2010 - 02:48 AM
Tales of the television machine and pollo
Note: I started writing this entry a while back, but I got lazy and stopped working on it, so that's why most of the shows I discuss premiered weeks ago.

Sons of Tuscon - You know you're pretty late discussing a show when the show has essentially already been cancelled. There's not really much to talk about anyway, as the show isn't even that great. Tyler Labine plays the exact same character he played on Reaper except instead of being a lovable goofball he's a douche. But in being a douche, he's still not the worst character on the show as that honor would go to his fake sons (I don't care which one, because they all suck equally). But basically, every main character on the show is terrible and the plot is completely implausible (even by TV standards), meaning there really is no reason to watch this. And don't get me wrong, this is after watching three episodes, so it's not even getting better.

Justified - I have to admit I was pretty damn excited for this show before it premiered, but after watching the first episode I was a bit disappointed. Luckily it has taken me a while to get to writing this though, as I've definitely warmed up to it more after watching the last few episodes. It's still not up there with FX's best (The Shield, Sons of Anarchy), but with a bit more time it could get up there. Plus, it has Walton Goggins (Shane from The Shield) in it, so it can never be that bad (they just need to change him from a recurring character to a series regular). And besides, it's not unprecedented for me to be disappointed in a show and for it to turn around and become one of my favorite shows on TV (Sons of Anarchy was in that position last season, and The Good Wife was this season).

Miami Medical - Generic medical show is generic. There really isn't much else to say about it, except that it's good to see that Omar Gooding can still get work.

In other news, Glee came back on the other day, and was awesome as usual. Glad to see that along with that, it also got its highest ratings ever, which means more people have finally been turned on to it. I'm just glad most of all because it will actually come on every week. I'm just bitter because it seems like CBS only airs new episodes of The Good Wife every three weeks or so now, and after showing only three episodes of Saving Grace TNT already put it back on break for over a month.

Last night was the last episode of Ugly Betty, and I can't say I was honestly that sad about it. It had gotten kinda bad during season three, and while it did get better again during season four, it would be kind of a stretch to keep it going for longer. Thus, it's good that they ended it now, at a mostly good creative point. As for the ending itself, I was never one of those fans that wanted to see Betty and Daniel end up together (they just don't have any type of romantic chemistry if you ask me, and I don't care if that's how the original show ended since this show skewed far from that long ago), so I guess the ending we got was probably the best way to satisfy fans from both sides.

Human Target had its season finale last night (or Sunday if you're Canadian or just download the Canadian version), and while for the most part I thought the season was pretty mediocre, the season finale was actually pretty awesome and without a doubt the best episode of the series so far. It's pretty surprising too since the story was largely flashback oriented, and as I've stated previously this show just doesn't do backstory well. I'll just say that before that episode I wouldn't have cared much if it came back for a second season or not, but after that episode I definitely want it to come back.

And for some non-TV news, I finally tried a Double Down Chicken Sandwich yesterday, and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. It's pretty much just two of those boneless fillet things they just introduced about a month ago glued together with some chicken and bacon (and I say glued because it really did feel tacked on). Unfortunately it also retained the same problem as the boneless fillet in that it was greasy as fuck. Overall, it just wasn't worth it, especially since it cost $6 for just the sandwich alone (if this thing tasted amazing I'd have no problem with that, but there are way better things I can get from other fast food places for that price or less), but at least I got the desire to try it out of my system.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #369]

Mar 23, 2010 - 04:05 PM
Only three random penises!
So I finally decided to try Chatroulette today. I didn't have any expectations for it except that I knew I'd be seeing someone's dick, and it delivered on that threefold. Aside from that there wasn't really anything of interest. In the ten minutes I was on, it was mostly just a bunch of random white dudes, along with one black dude (who was fake shooting me with his hand) and one dude from Saudi Arabia (who was the only person to actually initiate conversation, hence why I know he's from Saudi Arabia).

There were some women there too. There were these two chicks that just turned out to be a still picture (either that, or they have the ability to stay very creepily still), a woman standing behind one of those random white dudes (it looks like it might have been his mom though), and one woman sitting next to a guy (didn't get a good look at her in the two seconds she was on, but she did have some nice cleavage).

So all in all it was pretty pointless. Maybe I should show my dick next time.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #368]

Mar 8, 2010 - 03:48 AM
*FFXIII in 2011*
Response to: *FFXII in 2008* by Rockgamer

With Final Fantasy XIII coming out in about a week, how could I not make a sequel to the most popular gaming movement of 2006?

Now while the title pretty much says it all, I should reiterate that this merely means that I won't buy the game until 2011, not that I won't play it until or by 2011. I never actually got around to playing FFXII until late last year, and I'm still currently playing through it.

Now, to keep up with the times I had to change it up a bit. As evidenced with FFXII (which, unfortunately, I did end up getting in 2007, though I was too ashamed to ever publicly admit it), games don't stay expensive for long these days. Whereas you could have games stay at their original asking price throughout a console's entire lifespan in the past, it'll be a miracle if a game isn't in the bargain bin within a year of the game's release these days. Thus, instead of saying I'll get the game two years after it comes out like I did with FFXII, I've pared it down to just one year this time. I'm confident that sometime within the year 2011, FFXIII will be available for $20 or less.

There is another difference as well, however. With FFXII, I was never really following the game in the first place, so my feelings toward it were neutral. Thus, not playing the game immediately had no effect on me whatsoever. But with FFXIII, I have been kind of following it, and I can honestly that I'm not terribly excited for it in the first place. Thus, it makes it that much easier for me to just completely ignore it.

So, who's willing to join me in the *FFXIII in 2011* movement? I don't expect to get many (if any) followers this time around, as the hype machine for this game seems to be working at full force. But if you, like me, are one of those few souls who doesn't plan to dish out anything more than $20 in the year 2011 for this game, then feel free to join the movement.

Response entries:
...or not. by Rockgamer

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (15 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #367]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal