Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Randi's Journal

Randi's Journal Statistics
View Randi's profile
Entries 11 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (18.18% of total)
Views 3600
Replies Randi has made 63 comments [view stats]
Comments 84 comments (7.64 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to Randi [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Randi's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jan 18, 2011 - 04:22 AM
Getting schooled on morals
bummer
(I'm the asterisk, he's the dashes. I got schooled on morals. I need to get into school. I look like an idiot!)

- I don't think it was ever necessary. Remember how blacks would force themselves into a whites only restaraunt? That was wrong on their part. Nobody has an obligation to let you in on their property, whether that property is there restaruant, house, barber shop, etc.

*it was necessary to prove a bigger point, i believe

- You can achieve a good end by bad ends, and what they were doing was trespassing PRIVATE property.
can't*
And how lowly. Why on earth would you grovel for acceptance from someone that doesn't like you?
I would never humiliate myself like that.
I would never spend a dime on someone that hated me because of my race, ethnicity, or skin color.

* you're completely missing the point of it all

- What is the point?

*they were sitting in to demonstrate their right to sit in
which was mandated already by law
i don't have a problem with you challenging the law

- The law came into effect also because of those sit ins.
The sit ins were taking place prior to the passage of said law.

* because that's up to your robot ass to ignore the frailty of the situation
but as far as their actions, i don't see how you could condemn them

- Why not? Demanding that someone let you on their property is not something I would applaud.
I don't applaud the behavior of the people who forced their way in anymore than the behavior of the people who denied services to them because they were black.
All I am saying is that a private business owner has a right (morally) to deny service to anyone.

*As far as today is concerned, sure
I agree
but again, that law was set in place to prove a point
if some toes had to be stepped on as a means to achieve the end, so be it

- And that point was what?
What point was that law proving?

* that discrimination is unacceptable

- But of course discrimination is not unacceptable. We all discriminate.

* now you're taking what i've said out of context

- So you mean racial discrimination?

*specifically.

- OK, but even then I would dispute that. Are there not certain racial groups you find unattractive? And do you not discriminate members of that group when you choose not to pursue women from those groups?
I don't mean that you find them inferior, only unattractive.
And is there anything wrong with not finding certain groups attractive?
It's one thing if you say, "OK, I am going to outlaw inter-racial marriage." but another to say, "Look, I don't find this group attractive, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hate someone who does."

*Sure.

- The underlying principle is freedom, that is, the freedom to choose who and who not to associate with.

*But I don't discriminate or take away their freedoms.
Again, if some toes had to be stepped on as a means to achieve the end, then so be it.

- Denying someone service on your property is not taking away their freedom. Rather, it is exercising YOUR freedom of associationg. By them forcing there way in, they are robbing you of YOUR freedom.

* Oh i meant as far as my discrimination goes
I wasn't referring to the owner's rights, which again, I agree with you
they should be able to choose
their toes were stepped on and this was a necessary step in the whole civil rights process

- Ah, so by that logic, should we turn the tables and step on the toes of blacks to recuperate the freedom of association that business owners have now lost?
Because it goes both ways.

*We should just give the business owners their rights back.

- Should we inject discrimination into our laws now to prove "the greater point" of freedom of association? But it won't work that way, because to many blacks and so-called black "leaders" will oppose it.

* It isn't necessary now. The law served its purpose.
We should revoke it.
But it was a necessary sacrifice, imo.

- It was not. Sooner or later business owners would have given in to the forces of the market, and the market almost always works more efficiently than government.
Sooner or later those business owners that kept on discriminating would have gone out of business.

*And that law helped it along faster.
It's the same reason why I think we should restrict campaign contributions for politicians running for office.
Sure, you SHOULD be able to throw your money at whoever you want, for just about whatever reason.

- Let's back track a bit.
Do you believe morality is objective?

* Doesn't change the fact that I feel the law was necessary and positive at the time.

- I was going to say that if you don't believe morality is objective, then you have no objective basis on which to say that racial discrimination was wrong.
All you can say is that you don't like it, an opinion with which anyone is free to disagree.
And that your feelin that law was necessary and positive at the time was just that: a FEELING.
And such was not objectively necessary or positive, because no objective truth or goal was being pursued.

*Hmm

- I'm not implying that. What I am saying is that if morals are not objective, then the civil rights movement was not fighting for anything that was objectivel true or purposeful, it was only fighting for an opinion that objective was no better than the opinion of Hitler.
In other words, unless morals are objective, the civil rights movement was not objectively morally superior to the Nazi regime.
And, if you are saying that the ends justify the means, then are you effective exonerating Hitler and his regime.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

- If you can accept this, fine, you're being consistent. But then you're effectively saying that racism is not objectively morally inferior to non-racism.
That's absolutely right.
Godwin's law is correct, because Hitler's atrocities are the most well documented in history.
It's a matter of simple mathematics and probability theory.
But, it doesn't disprove the point. I could have alluded to Nero, to Stalin, to the invading Spaniards, etc, etc.

* No, no.
I just thought it was funny.

- Ah, OK.

* I'm reading what you said.

- And you know that what I'm saying is true. It's an unavoidable conclusion.

* I'm reading this
http://www.bigissueground.com/philos...bjective.shtml
I have an argument I want to make, but I'm not prepared to make it, if that makes any sense.

- This cognitive dissonance is amazing, isn't it? How most of can say that right and wrong do not objectively exist, and yet live as if the opposite is true.
That makes sense. What you mean to say is, "I have leaped to a conclusion, but I am not prepared to provide the premises in support of it."

* Yes, I'm backtracking at the moment.
Figuring out just what it is I'm supporting.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Sep 1, 2010 - 11:37 PM
I need advice.
To make a long story short, I started college this past Monday and I kept a deal I made with myself to walk up and just start talking to random girls. I'm starting to kind of like one girl in particular. I know for sure that it's in the bag, and if I ask her out, I'm about 99% sure she'll say yes. Here's my dilemma:

She's in not just in one, but two of my classes, and in both classes I sit right next to her (it was intentional, but now I realize my mistake). I'm worried that if we start dating - or end up just having sex - it might make things awkward in class.

I've been thinking that it might just be best to stay friends until towards the end of the semester and get at one of the girls who's not in my class, but I actually kind of like this one more than the other two.

I know this is probably not the best place to be asking for girl advice, but maybe somebody can relate and give me some advice. I'm genuinely confused and new to this whole thing (first year of college).

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Aug 3, 2010 - 10:38 AM
My only gay friend is getting annoying.
I'm tired of him always talking about how every guy who talks to him is secretly gay and just hasn't discovered it yet, or is too embarrassed to admit it. He's becoming that guy. I want to just smack him and bring him back to reality sometimes but even when I try to reason with him he's completely in denial and is convinced that he's figured it all out. He picks up "signs" from absolutely nothing at all. It's pretty sad.

I have a feeling he's going to have a really awkward situation very soon involving a straight-guy who didn't know that he's actually gay.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

May 12, 2010 - 06:14 PM
I'm being threatened with a lawsuit.
I don't know where else to vent about this.

About three months ago while I was driving on the freeway, I turned my head and looked over my shoulder to check my blind spot, looked back and there's a car at a dead-stop in the middle of the freeway. I slammed on my brakes but my car didn't stop in time and I ended up rear-ending the vehicle that was stopped, pushing her car into the car in front of her, pushing THAT car into another car. I totaled out two vehicles (mine and the one in front of me) and caused a large amount of damage to the vehicle in front of the car I hit. Fortunately for me, the fourth car fled the scene. So there's a four vehicle accident that was 100% my fault. One mistake and I'm financially and vehicularly fucked. I spoke to our insurance companies and gave them my end of the story. I figured my insurance would take care of a certain portion of the medical bills/property damage and I would be taken to court for the rest.

One month later I receive a letter in the mail from my insurance company stating that they were going to deny 90% of coverage to the vehicle in front of me because before I had even got there, SHE had rear-ended the vehicle in front of her causing that vehicle to hit the vehicle in front of it. The letter also stated that the damage I had done by rear-ending her was insignificant compared to the amount of damage she had caused with the initial accident. They agreed to pay for 100% of her rear-end damage (which again, was insignificant because she totaled her front-end), but that's it. I was ecstatic to learn that I was pretty much off-the-hook, excluding the damage done to my own car and a slightly higher insurance premium.

Today I receive a phone call from her angry father asking me why my insurance company denied his daughter coverage. He started asking me incriminating questions about the accident (I have a suspicion that he was recording our call) which I kindly refused to answer. I told him that if he had any questions about the accident that he should contact my insurance company; it wasn't me who made the decision, after all. He said he had already spoke with them and got nowhere. I told him that for fear of losing coverage from my insurance company I had to respectfully decline to answer any of his questions. I think more than anything, I pissed him off. He threatened me with a lawsuit at the end of the call, stating that if neither me nor the insurance company were willing to cooperate with him, he would have to subpoena witnesses and take us both to court. I ended the conversation very cordially and respectfully, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

I really hope that the insurance company did a thorough investigation and that their conclusion was actually fair, not just a dismissal of responsibility. I understand that they're doing their best to protect me in order to avoid financial responsibility on their part, but I also hope that didn't make for a sloppy investigation that wouldn't hold up in court. When I spoke to my insurance agent today she assured me that everything would be alright and that the investigation was based off of the police report.

I'm still very nervous about the whole thing. If anyone has any thoughts or opinions on the situation, I'd love to hear them.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (24 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Nov 30, 2009 - 11:31 PM
My first time being high
So I wrote out a really detailed report. I mean, it was like 9 paragraphs.

Then about two seconds ago I went to submit the entry and it said "could not find journalx blah blah blah blah" and I was logged out. When I pressed the back button, nothing was there. 9 paragraphs of text. Gone.

Spoiler:
FUCK
Spoiler:
YOU

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Nov 30, 2009 - 02:21 AM
A friend of mine decided to stop by
I've never smoked pot before, but a friend of mine just stopped by with a large bag of pot and suggested we make hot chocolate out of it. I've never felt comfortable with smoking pot but I figure I need to suck it up and give it a shot.

We started by boiling milk, butter, half and half, and chocolate powder in with the weed. We then strained it with a coffee filter and poured it into a mug. We're waiting for it to cool to a tolerable level. I have a feeling that we've already screwed up the process somewhere but we won't really know until we drink it.

I don't know what it is... but I feel a bit of a "buzz" from inhaling the steam from the brew. Could be nothing. I'll report back with the results.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Nov 22, 2009 - 05:08 PM
How long are laptops supposed to last?
Because I've had mine for about 3-4 years now and haven't experienced a single problem with it.

I mean, it takes a little bit longer to boot up than usual, but besides that, I haven't noticed any problems.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Nov 14, 2009 - 01:12 PM
Movie night with Randi
awake
So yesterday I watched 2012. I fell asleep a couple times through the movie and left early, so you can guess that I don't have anything particularly nice to say about it. The script was terrible. The movie was incredibly cheesy with a plot you could see coming from at least a mile away. I was going to do some theater hopping when I realized that Where The Wild Things Are was playing close-by, but I couldn't figure out which theater it was and the times didn't match up. I should have just gone to management and asked to exchange the ticket.

Later that night, I holed myself up in my room with all the lights off and watched Paranormal Activity. I thought it was a very effective movie. The two main actors had to have been in a relationship, or been very close friends to pull those roles off. This movie was one of the best horror movies I've seen in a while. It creeped me out enough to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a short movie but it seemed much longer because of the high tension that the movie created during the night time scenes. I also liked the relatability factor that I had with Micah. His skepticism throughout the movie was what really kept me going. Very good movie.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Nov 13, 2009 - 10:39 AM
I could use your recommendations
brain dead
I woke up around 7pm last night.

Since then, I haven't slept a bit and don't plan to.

That leaves me with finding something to do.

I don't want to be out home, so that's out.

There's a matinee theater down the street with movie tickets priced at an even $5 (tax included) so I was thinking I'd go see a movie... but that leads me to the question of which one.

Let's take a look at our candidates:

This Is It
Disney's A Christmas Carol
Men Who Stare At Goats
Paranormal Activity

Not an amazing selection, but I'm easy. Any recommendations?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Randi's Journal