Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Timberwolf8889's Journal

Timberwolf8889's Journal Statistics
View Timberwolf8889's profile
Entries 106 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 33932
Replies Timberwolf8889 has made 535 comments [view stats]
Comments 486 comments (4.58 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 20 props given to Timberwolf8889 [who be proppin?]
Buddies 36 buddies
Relation You are not Timberwolf8889's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Feb 4, 2010 - 11:29 AM
Lost Season 6
Awesome. And I totally called it

Spoiler:
Anyone else think that underwater bit showing the island looked like just about the cheapest CGI ever used in that show?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (19 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #106]

Jan 12, 2010 - 07:30 AM
God of War III Demo
Tried out the GoW III demo that came with the collection, does anyone else find the button prompts really weirdly placed? I understand they're trying to make it so you can watch the action more by placing the prompts in controller configuration but I still found myself looking out for button prompts more than looking at the awesomeness that is the brutal Kratos stabbings. Maybe if I unfocus my eyes and just look for the position of the prompt on the screen.

Anyway, another few days of hard work and then I'll have a month off (kind of).

Chris

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #105]

Jan 4, 2010 - 01:17 AM
Some (very brief) movie reviews
Right, I've been a busy bee and haven't been around much, but I have however watched quite a few movies. I can't remember them all, but here's the gist:

Avatar - Same old crap, prettier packaging. Entertaining though. 3D wasn't amazing.

Sherlock Holmes - Sherlock + no mystery = boring movie.

Dead Snow - Nazi zombies get a few laughs, but overall pretty average.

Yojimbo - Toshiro Mifune is so cool...

The Matador (the new one) - Pretty boring, but a great performance for Brosnan.

Fallen Angels - Very similar in style to Wong Kar Wai's other films, but doesn't quite pack the punch that Days of Being Wild, 2046 or Chungking Express did.

Raising Arizona - Fun Coen Brothers farce, with a great performance by Nick Cage to boot.

Late, but, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everyone! Hope you all had a pleasant, drama-less, fun holiday

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #104]

Dec 6, 2009 - 05:27 PM
Love or Hate the Twilight Saga...
After reading the article that's going around about the summary of the fourth book and why it would make an awesome film (a sentiment I fully endorse), I got to reading the full plot summaries of all of the books on Wikipedia this afternoon.

Say what you want about the Twilight saga; how something that's so dumb and illogical can be so popular but god damn, these plot summaries are making me laugh for all the wrong reasons. One of my personal favorite excerpts:

Spoiler:
"In the morning, Jacob becomes upset when he overhears Edward and Bella discussing their engagement and threatens to join the fight and get himself killed. To stop him, Bella kisses Jacob and comes to realize that she loves him too."
And
"Jacob runs away in his wolf form to escape his pain"

Whacked it in a spoiler tag in case there was anyone who would read this and actually be shocked by that information. I'm hoping that it isn't necessary in actuality.

But stuff like that just makes me think what these movies could be if you gave them to the right director. Nice little black comedies about teen angst. I mean, the "lore" of the novel already features a fetus with an adult mind, half of the comedy is already there!

Shame that wont happen, the good news is...with the third film already in production, the epidemic that is the Twilight saga and their movies should come and go in a pretty timely fashion. What's the worst that will happen? There'll probably be a bunch of 16-18 year old girls realizing how dumb they were when they loved Twilight, who secretly wish their boyfriends glistened in the sunlight. Because when I think sexy, I think glisten.

And no, I haven't seen the second film, but I imagine with the right company and enough alcohol it could be a good time.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #103]

Dec 5, 2009 - 06:48 AM
Final Fantasy VII Piano Collection
I was listening to it today and realized just how fucking terrible the quality of mine is. Does anyone have a good quality rip of this by chance?

In other news, just been ridiculously busy with school lately. I'm going home next week and am cranking out first drafts of everything I need to do.

Also saw Jarhead a few nights ago, thought it was prettily photographed if anything, not as bad as I was expecting it to be based off of some of the things said about it. Definitely not the best war movie I've ever seen, but worth seeing.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #102]

Nov 22, 2009 - 06:10 PM
You seen this shit?
Specifically, this shit

Having failed to sue Sony for infringing his first amendment rights (a decision which he has appealed), he has brought the wrath of his California rich-kid style of justice on Nintendo and Microsoft.

So...he can't afford to fix his Xbox 360. OR to buy Super Mario Galaxy and get his super cool character skin for Mario Kart Wiiiiiiiii. But, he can afford lawyer fees to sue two of the biggest companies in the world.

Huh.

And he's citing the Declaration of Independence.

Wow

Go America? It's times like these I think the US legal system should have a clause to slap a bitch for being stupid.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #101]

Nov 14, 2009 - 02:02 PM
Final Fantasy XIII Main Theme, hm. Also, going to watch Forbidden Planet
Not sure what to make of using Leona Lewis as the main theme for the American and European releases of the game. Given, the Japanese version does the same thing, rip out a song from a random pop artist and plug it in. It's just all kind of dumb, what happened to writing your own damn music. With more money comes more pressure to get those endorsements in there I suppose.

Also, going to watch Forbidden Planet tonight I think, anyone seen it?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #100]

Nov 12, 2009 - 12:34 PM
Dilemma!
Guh, I would love to play MW2 since I got hooked on the multiplayer of the first one but I am really terrible at shooters on the PS3 ;_;.

Life is rough.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #99]

Nov 10, 2009 - 07:05 AM
Peanut Butter Allegiances
I'm a big fan of Skippy, myself. A lot of people criticize Skippy for being too sweet, not thick enough, but for me it's oh so good.

Where do you guys stand on this issue?

ALSO, what PB & ___ concoction are you the biggest fan of? At the moment I'm a big fan of Peanut Butter and Nutella.

Currently Playing: Flyleaf - Arise

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (18 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #98]

Nov 8, 2009 - 05:38 AM
Games for the Blind
I saw this article just now...is it bad all I could do was laugh at THQ's response letter?

"It's not uncommon for blind gamers to feel invisible in addition to visually impaired. For instance, when gamer Brandon Cole wrote THQ a letter suggesting changes to make its Smackdown series of WWE wrestling games more accessible to the blind, he received a form letter back thanking him for his appreciation of the game's graphics."

With the chance of sounding like a dick, how exactly does a blind person go about playing a video game? It also mentions MMO games. All I could imagine was a blind person sitting in a chair (eating cheetos) with another person standing next to him yelling what's happening.

I'm a terrible person

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 whiggawhas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #97]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Timberwolf8889's Journal