Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Twikite's Journal

Twikite's Journal Statistics
View Twikite's profile
Entries 11 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 4773
Replies Twikite has made 59 comments [view stats]
Comments 47 comments (4.27 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2 props given to Twikite [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Twikite's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 23, 2007 - 03:55 AM
Shit I Found In My Old Room
Saturday-i
"Wow" at the forgotten relics I've found in my old room. Guess it makes sense that they're around... it's not like they're going to erode in my absence. Still, I'd have thought most of this junk would've been tossed in the garage by now.

Burned Audio CD, "Rejection"
Found this noise in my old CD case. That's right, kids: MP3 players weren't always around to hold your groovin' tracks. We had to settle for CD-Rs if we wanted a way to take in our Napster tunes on the go.
The CD itself seems to be some kind of anti-mixtape. Dealing with the "boohoos" and the "hahas" of ended/failed relationships. 'Bout half Yellowcard, half All-American Rejects, all whining. Also, Scotty Doesn't Know. (So don't tell Scotty).

Old T-Shirts that are still too damn big to wear
I guess it's my fault. Didn't drink enough milk; eat enough bacon; etc, etc. I think... that I'll be making a trip to Goodwill before the summer is over, cause no one in my family can fit properly into an XL... which is quickly becoming the shirt size standard in this country.

Magazines, ranging from Nintendo Power to PSM
There's gotta be at least 200 of these damn things. Earliest one that I purchased says December 1997, but I've got a handful of EGMs from 95-96 that I acquired from a neighbor. As other journal entries have shown, old articles and advertisements can prove quite amusing.
Spoiler:

Whatever Frank Wants, Frank Gets

Currently Playing: Sonic Xtreme--OH WAIT, that never came out

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #11]

Jun 6, 2007 - 02:46 AM
Those Damn Bounto
So... this is the first summer in quite a while where I'm not part of the work force. Feels good. I realized that, after two years of part-time retail, and one year of full-time customer service, I wanted to lounge around and do things for me, rather than Joe Customer. So I'm filling the time with classes at the local college branch and books and anime.

I first indulged in Kanon '06 because OMG KYOTO , and now I'm watching my exroommate's Bleach DVD-Rs. Actually, "watching" would probably be giving the series too much credit, because I stopped halting life to sit through episodes when I figured out that they were all filler. All of them.

But this latest arc (latest to me, anyhow) is by far the worst of them all. Seriously, Bounts, just kill yourself. Razor down the street, noose up the ladder, whatever... just do it in front of the camera. You arc bores me... needs more BWA HAH HAH!
Spoiler:

The end.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #10]

Feb 25, 2007 - 12:25 AM
House Dimir. Also: Guitar Hero.
Apparently one of my friends had a birthday recently.

Whoops.

He never makes a big deal about it. In fact, I don't think he's ever mentioned it unprovoked in the last few years that I've known him. So I don't think I'm in the red as far as present giving is concerned. Annnnnd, since time isn't a factor, I thought I'd put a little more effort into his twentieth birthday present.

Rough draft artwork go!:

Pretty crappy, right? I don't consider myself an artist, and I don't do any recreational drawing (aside from margin doodling in my class notes)... so there's my excuse. In any case, it'll get better once I ink and color it. Trust me.

I'm doing the art on top of a 3200 count box designed for trading cards. The drawings (and the symbol) are based on the Dimir guild from Magic: The Gathering's Ravnica block. In the upper right, you have Szadek, Lord of Secrets and in the upper left, you've got a Dimir Cutpurse enchanted by Feebleness (which would be the reason for his sloppy appearance). Something's going to be going on in both the lower corners also. You'll just have to wait until next time to see what I destroy render.

In other news, I went to Gamers Anonymous on the lookout for a DS game today... and left instead with Guitar Hero.

Double Whoops.

Ah well. I've been meaning to give it a whirl for some time and the (used) price was an attractive forty dollars. I'm moving through career mode on medium at a reasonable pace, but I'm far from used to the controller. For whatever the hell reason, the red notes and the blue notes give me a world of trouble. Gotta work on those.

But yeah, the game's awesome, and the song list is unexpectedly mainstream. That's both good and bad in my eyes. At least the riffs are catchy.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Feb 22, 2007 - 09:11 PM
DS Queue: 0
Pick One
It's been a great while since I last journaled, but the blue moon has risen once again into the dark sky, and I return to the New Entry page with a firm goal at hand: Discover for myself a Nintendo DS game. A title with polish and good gameplay. Something to soothe my college-fogged mind. For you see, my Nintendo DS will soon be in my hands once again, after a long, cold absence that began three weeks ago.

I phone up Nintendo, see, and give it to 'em straight. They try and side-talk me into thinkin' the glitch with the pixels is my fault, but I ain't havin' it. Tech support guy rolls over like a dog at meal time, and sets up the repair order. Guess they finally finished screwing with the insides, cause the system is due at my doorstep tomorrow. Took 'em long enough.

That's what I got so far. I think? Anything missing? Besides Portrait? I was thinking Animal Crossing, maybe? I don't know. Is it any good? Anything upcoming that should be on my radar? I've yet to grind through FFIII, should I? How's the payoff? Annoyed yet? Cause I am?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Dec 12, 2006 - 01:54 PM
Semester One Over... NEXT!
Finals are finally finished. And it's nice to use a non-expletive f-verb with finals as the subject. Based on my expected performance on this last test, I'm going to estimate my gpa around 3.0, but that might be a wee bit generous. Still, I kicked ass on this morning's Astronomy exam.

Anyhoo... now it's time to narrow down my choices for the second half of freshman year. With the required math and science junk outta my way, I can finally take some classes I'll enjoy. Hopefully they fall nicely into the "afternoon" category.

In non-college news, I scored me some Wii last week. Played it last weekend, and I am loving it. My arsenal so far includes Trauma Center, Zelda, and Super Mario 64 (VC). I spent most of my time wrapping up Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, though (freakin' Nemesis... why won't you die?!). And component cables or not, Game Cube games look CRISP on Wii.

Yeah, I meant to brag about my new toy earlier, but fuckin' finals...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Nov 5, 2006 - 02:19 AM
Phoenix Wright vs. DS lite
Scattered?
Play-Asia finally made good on their deal to get me Phoenix Wright 2 today, and I just logged about 5 non-stop hours into it. It was a pretty happening Saturday night.

Roommate: Weren't you playing that when I left [four hours ago]?
Me: Yes... You wouldn't understand. Or maybe you would... ever try crack?

Oh, and did I mention that I somehow gave my DS lite a horizontal line of stuck pixels on the touch screen? I clammed the system and went to the restroom real quick-like, and when I returned... TA DA! Go me, right? How'd it happen? IT'S A MYSTERY FOR THE AGES.

The line was annoying for a while but I can't let something like that irk me. New Phoenix Wright beckons.

So what do you think, guys? Did playing a not-of-my-home-region game invalidate my warranty? Or can I stick Nintendo with this pixel-repair job?

Currently Playing: Gyakuten Saiban 2

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Oct 31, 2006 - 12:40 AM
Wherein Twikite Talks About Holiday Retail
I'm don't have to be subjected to it this year! Ha Ha! Suckas! Bye-bye endless rushes. Bye-bye add-on sales. Bye-bye Wii/PS3 info spiels.

That's the bright side. The anti-bright side is that I'm no longer employed as of today. Bye-bye game store job. Bye-bye disposable income. Bye-bye Wii dollars.

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

The reason for my severance is easily seen: I'm in college, and living in a residence hall. The hall closes between semesters. I have no desire to stay in Albuquerque during that interim; and therefore I cannot work during the holidays. An attribute which makes me a fairly unattractive hire to retailers, and a easy guy to let go of.

I fully expected to leave my job at Game Proz. What I didn't expect was my swift and timely release after I made my expected absense known to my boss last Friday. And frankly, I think it's crap. I don't leave town for another 40 some-odd days, and I thought I was being courteous when I informed him so far in advance of 2 week notice industry standard.

They didn't even keep me around to train a replacement.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Oct 16, 2006 - 06:05 PM
...But My Laundry Is Clean!
Ugh, I'm never going to my Astronomy Lab again.

Today we dealt with Astro-Photometry, the measurement of distance of objects based on the light they emit... or some shit. NOBODY could stomach it, and neither our computer walkthrough or our professor were of any help. It was the first lab that necessitated I stay for the whole 2 hours, and I came this close to Astronomy Lab arson. I can't promise I'll hold back next time.

On the Clorox side, it seems that Cotton took their dirty laundry tour to my campus today.

They had different booths set up too help raise proper clothing care awareness... or some shit. I had next to nothing to gain from participation (I figured out laundry a while back), so I didn't linger long. And to those that did: If you can't figure out bleach and stain remover at this stage without help, you may wanna re-think things.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Oct 4, 2006 - 07:12 PM
Memory Lane. Exit to the right.
Overloaded
Today I discovered the Gamingforce archive! How nostalgic...
I checked over the posts I made and, well... I've grown a little. Not much though.

Case in point:
Originally Posted by dragonflare_13, Jul/2003
Uh... just so you know, the "shit while running at full speed" was originally George Carlin's idea. It was one of the "things you never see" in his "Things You Never See" bit. I guess it should be changed to "Things You Seldom See" Think I used enough quotations? """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
And that's my first post after... one of the crashes. It's a response to a Jackass or CKY bit where someone does it? Tries to do it? Anyways, I don't think I really know what I'm doing. Post number 2 had to do with Anna Faris' natural hair color. Real important, world-changing stuff people!
Originally Posted by dragonflare_13, Nov/2003
I'm good with both Jigglypuff and Pikachu. I enjoy Pikachu because of his speed, and his Thunder is great when you find yourself under somebody who is passing the time 'sniping' from a platform. I'm very good with Jigglypuff, but I can't use her to her fullest yet, as I can't seem to master her 'Rest' move, which basically completes her character. But I compensate.
Is this gamingforce or gameFAQs? Clearly the line has blurred here.

I made a few threads in that time: Prayer In Schools, What Makes A Movie "Good"?, and What Do You Hate About The Internet? ...And then I started posting in the My Stuff forums.
Originally Posted by dragonflare_13
I'm download your Breaking Benjamin...
Thank You!
*sigh*

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Oct 2, 2006 - 05:27 PM
Requiem for a Dog
Hollow-ish
Keepers died today in his Gallup home. The death comes after (but not necessarily as a result of) complications with cancerous sores on his face, based around his eyes. He was 11 years old in people measurements, 77 in his native evaluation.

He was a good dog; a daschund/schnauzer brown-haired dirt rooter. He liked 5:00 pm (dinner time), waking my dad up in the wee hours of the morning to let him out (over and over, every night), and sleeping in until noon in his beloved indoor cage.

In Keepers' earlier years, he was infatuated with the concept of freedom, taking any opportunity to escape the confines of our backyard, where he spent the majority of his waking moments. We would give chase, and always return him to our home; that is, until he grew old and weary, and no longer cared enough to run away. No, in fact, Keepers became content with the 4x3 kennel he used to detest, and left his cage only to go on walks, eat dinner, and later, to dispose of that dinner.

Keepers leaves behind his family and caretakers, The Broughs, and his feline friend, Mittens. No funeral mass will be given, and the memorial service will be restricted to immediate family.
---
I should've been nicer to him, and I should have intervened when Eric and George pepper sprayed him all those years ago. Rest in Peace, buddy.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Twikite's Journal