Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Scent of a Grundle's Journal

and there was much rejoicing

Scent of a Grundle's Journal Statistics
View Scent of a Grundle's profile
Entries 51 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 25460
Replies Scent of a Grundle has made 150 comments [view stats]
Comments 157 comments (3.08 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 59 props given to Scent of a Grundle [who be proppin?]
Buddies 5 buddies
Relation You are not Scent of a Grundle's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Sep 26, 2011 - 08:45 PM
various little things
Firstly, being back at school is both exciting and lame. I have more homework than i was expecting for a light class load, but getting back into the groove of living on campus has been really exciting. Exciting enough that i still haven't finished my post-practicum paper that i was supposed to do as soon as it was finished over a month ago...

I've also managed to get a group together for D&D. We've only played once, but it seemed to go well. Being a DM is taking some getting used to, especially since i have less time to come up with responses to their crazy schemes than i did during the short-lived game i ran in the Basement.

I guess my birthday's coming, so there's that. One of my friends made me an awesome cactaur plushie. i am currently trying to find a way to make it stay on my head, but until then he's just chilling out next to my TV on top of the PS2.

Currently Playing: about a half dozen different games

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #41]

Aug 3, 2011 - 05:11 PM
pictures of summer
I've been pretty busy this summer, and so has the camera on my 3DS.

Spoiler:

Went and volunteered at camp for a week this summer, went for a walk and took these:

Shots from the Edmonton Indy

Snowbirds doing a fly-by at a football game

And of course a few more of these got done

Any advice on what to do next for these? turns out a 29x29 grid is more restrictive than i thought.

Other than that, my summer internship is going well, and i go home in two weeks to rest and recover my sanity before going back to school in Winnipeg. Also watch my best friend get married. So there's that.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #40]

Jul 4, 2011 - 06:49 PM
Obligatory "i never post anything in my journal" entry
Survived the end of the school year, and am now in Edmonton doing my practicum / internship for my degree. I've mostly been hanging out with the family i have out here, though there have been a couple of trips to the game store just a few blocks away. I've been doing my internship half time, and working in a daycare the other half. For the first half of the summer i was working with a kindergarten kid with some pretty major ADHD, but now i'm just helping out with supervising the kids in general.

Got a 3DS, have been slowly playing through Ocarina of Time. I don't want it to be over too quickly. Almost done, though - just walked in the front door of the Shadow Temple.

Oh, and if there was ever any doubt that i'm a total dork, it has now been dispelled:

I wanted to start with Tails, but his sprite is a lot bigger than i remember. Maybe if i keep at this for a while, i'll go for it.

ADDENDUM: slipped down a set of stairs carrying my laptop today. Hard drive's busted. So if i'm not around for a while, there's your reason.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #39]

Jun 24, 2011 - 02:23 AM
TF2 is free.
Forever. They apparently decided that they make enough money off of the hats that they can afford to do such things.

If you do not have this game, but like to shoot things, go get it. Do it now.

http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/

Currently Playing: Spiral Knights, way too much

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #38]

May 15, 2011 - 11:23 PM
picture!
i had written a short post about how nothing exciting is happening, but since i screwed up and lost it, we'll just cut straight to the fun part.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #37]

Feb 28, 2011 - 03:08 PM
People suck
This should be an entry about how great my trip to Florida was. Instead it's an entry about how someone smashed the rear window of my van while I was gone. The window's still there, mostly, but this is one headache i did not have time for. Right at the start of paper-writing season, too.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyggggggghhhkkkkgh.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #36]

Feb 1, 2011 - 06:45 PM
Life since Christmas
It's been mostly homework, although my buddy from Saskatoon came out last weekend and we had a blast. Played video games, ate horribly delicious greasy burgers, played more video games, went to a bar (i only went once, but the rest of the gang went without me once as well), and just generally hung out. Finally got to use my new HDTV for something HD, watched T2 on blu-ray with a friend's PS3 (and another friend's HDMI cable). I now await with baited breath the day i decide i have enough money kicking around to buy a PS3 for myself. instead i've just been using it as a second monitor and watching Leverage on it.

Other than that, Wednesdays suck now (tomorrow worse than most), and i've done about as much writing in one month of classes as i usually do in an entire semester. I've been trying to resist playing the ~45 new games i got for Christmas via Steam, with some success. If i could access servers from campus, i'd be playing way too much Borderlands/TF2/Left4Dead/Minecraft (which has gotten boring solo, i wanna play MP so bad), so it's probably a good thing.

Currently Playing: Melody Town - Kirby's Epic Yarn soundtrack

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #35]

Oct 30, 2010 - 06:44 PM
Comic Con costume
It wasn't really what i wanted it to be, but it worked. only a few people actually recognised me, though

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Oct 25, 2010 - 04:30 PM
A series of unexciting events
Feels like its been a while since i did a proper journal entry. Not much happening, though exciting things are quickly approaching. A friend is going to pick up his copy of RockBand 3 tomorrow morning, so i'll probably do some of that. Beat Kirby's Epic Yarn last night, the last boss was sweet.

Also going to the Central Canada Comic Con here in Winnipeg on Saturday. I went last year, but didn't dress up. This year, however, shall be a different story:

I'll throw up some pics if i don't think i look like a total goof.

Also, first battle-related post in my DnD game went up largely without a hitch, which i wasn't expecting. Hooray!

Currently Playing: Barrett's Privateers - The Irish Descendants

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Oct 12, 2010 - 09:47 PM
GFF D&D
If you have ever felt like joining in the shenanigans, now is a good time. A thread gauging interest has gone up here.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 objections)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Scent of a Grundle's Journal