Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Ceres's Journal

Journal Banner

Ceres's Journal Statistics
View Ceres's profile
Entries 210 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 4 entries are private (1.9% of total)
Views 62230
Replies Ceres has made 1214 comments [view stats]
Comments 1332 comments (6.34 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 59 props given to Ceres [who be proppin?]
Buddies 25 buddies
Relation You are not Ceres's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 17, 2009 - 10:24 PM
A sign, etc.
Last Thursday and Friday I kept tripping over my shoelaces. I had had the shoes, some cheap hiking boot type shoes that I bought at Walmart to keep my feet warm during the fall outside, for two years so it was very unusual that all of a sudden I'd be having issues with the laces.

It's getting warmer out, so I took it as a sign. A sign to get a new pair of Chucks

I love them.

---

On another note, I haven't been lurking around these parts much during the last few weeks. The reason is do to the realization that about 90% of the time when my internet connection cut out, I was lurking around here on GFF. I resorted to only popping in every couple days right before I signed off the computer in case it happened again so I'm a little behind times.

Since I haven't been around, I actually had some excitement to my monotonous life. A couple weeks ago I had my rear driver's side window shot at with a bb gun in a Walmart parking lot while Rick was working, and yesterday I just finished my last dose of penicillin after having Strep.

Having strep once would have been good enough for me, it was miserable. But I ended up having it TWICE. On my 7th day on the penicillin (Friday the 6th), I forgot my bottle at work over the weekend, and had to go back to the walk-in clinic that Saturday for more antibiotics because it flared up again. Luckily it didn't get as bad the second time around.

So that's what's been up with me. Can anyone give me the Cliff's notes of what's been going around in these parts?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #186]

Jan 27, 2009 - 06:30 PM
Rugged as hell.
Response to: Sony is a rapist by Ceres

I had been missing my mp3 player for the better part of a week, but I figured I had tossed it in one of the places that I normally throw stuff (ie: my desk, my table, or the unused kitchen chair). With that mentallity, I wasn't too worried about it and carried on thinking that when I wanted it, I could always look in one of those places.

Boy was I wrong.

This evening when I opened the car door to get out, I noticed a hazy grey glint of something in the driveway next to the car. Not having the foggiest idea what it could be I reached out to pick it up to find mp3 player! Instinctively I pressed the play button and the video to Crash and Burn played. So far so good, right?

I brought it inside to inspect it further. It was covered in a light coat of muddy sand, so I pulled off the protective casing and rinsed that off and wiped off the screen. Next I checked the screen again and thought I saw a discolored splotch near the middle...but later realized the only spots were around the out side and were mostly, if not all, from the body spray incident (see tagged entry if you are unfamiliar).

But when I went to check the sound, I found that even though my mp3 player excaped the wrath of the tires...my head phones had not.
Shame though, they were my favorite pair. I was able to borrow a pair from K_tak though, and the sound is still fine

I did however find a few cracks in the casing of the unit. One, near where the headphone jack goes in, was already there, but there is a small one near where the usb plugs in and another one on a lower corner on the backside.

Next test will be if the usb still works...but I can't find my cord. No rush though, I have a full battery charge left.

Four or five nights left out in the cold. I'm surprised it's in as good of shape as it is. Good thing I found it tonight though, as there is a massive snowstorm hitting tommorrow and I doubt it would have survived under a foot of snow...or getting chewed up by the snowblower.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #185]

Jan 10, 2009 - 03:38 PM
GameFly and Fallout 3
Last night K_tak, his brother Devon (11) and I went to the mall so Dev could make use of the GameStop card I got him for Christmas. Kid had a hard time deciding whether he wanted CoD4 or Fallout 3, and eventually chose Fallout 3. The game looks awesome, and I could see myself playing it but I don't know for how long. K_tak suggested renting it from GameFly, but I'm unsure about the commitment.

The way I see it, I'm not big into gaming, but I do want to get more into it. Even if I did continue playing the game it would take me forever to finish and I'm afraid that in the time in that time the money that I spend on the monthly service of GameFly would eventually pass the value of the game itself.

Is Fallout 3 worth the investment? I'd like to play some quality games but all I only have a few games period. I really like Lips, but where I've been sick the singing hurts my throat so I've been stuck playing Halo 3. Yeah, I know. It sucks. I know the game that everyone is shitting bricks over these days is Left 4 Dead, but I unfortunately have limited interest in it since zombies creep the fuck out of me. I have a lot of interest in the God of War series, but I got stuck in that underwater wall of death and gave up many moons ago. I'd try starting it up again, but I can't find my game guide.

What other quality games should I look into GFF?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (14 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #184]

Dec 31, 2008 - 02:11 PM
Birthday plans, f u Olive Garden
I never knew they didn't take reservations, and I'm afraid it'll be packed tonight. I'm pretty sure we've done it before though...but we are asking to be seated in a certain section (my friend Ryan's) and that will cause our wait to be longer.

Going to see a movie afterwards with my mom and brother Dave. We originally decided on Bedtime Stories, but I have since decided that I would rather see Yes Man.

So far for my birthday I've gotten snow, a sore throat, and a painful zit on the edge of my lip (way to go chapstick). Not fun.

*Edit: Dad just gave me a $100 gift certificate to the comic shop I get my manga from...that's like enough to buy the rest in the series, or maybe that Shigure (Fruits Basket) statue, if it's still there.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #183]

Dec 28, 2008 - 01:15 PM
I hate my birthday.
Every year it's the same thing, with the exception of last year.

Last year, my 21st, I ended up spending it in a fucking church because the only friend I could get ahold of was Ashley, who's aunt is the youth pastor for the Salvation Army church in their town.

Every other year I've spent alone, on the couch downstairs watching what ever season of scrubs I got for my birthday. This year is shaping up to be the same, since K_tak has to work.

It wouldn't be so bad if my birthday were on a normal day. But it's friggen New Year's eve. I should have a party! I wanted to have a party this year but my dad said no because one of our tennants is embarrassing because he doesn't shower and is a grouch.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #182]

Dec 24, 2008 - 11:01 PM
Holiday Anxiety: "Fear of Inadequate Gift-Giving" Edition
I keep panicing that the gifts I'm giving to people aren't good enough.

*For secret santa for work the limit was $20. I got my coworker a $15 gift card to Borders and a Red Sox window sticker for her new car that cost me $5. I should have gotten her a $20 gift card anyway, since everyone else always goes over the limit.

*For my sister (17) I've gotten her a $50 gift card to Old Navy, a calendar, and some earrings. I'm fearing now that getting her a gift card to a clothing store is lame because what if she already has enough clothes?? (This is after I upgraded from a $25 gift card to there for her, and is also serving as birthday and christmas)

*For my brother (12 1/2) I bought him Yu-Gi-Oh cards, the first 2 manga, and a used dvd of Yu-Gi-Oh. I have my doubts on giving a used dvd, but my coworkers assured me it was fine, as long as it wasn't like a used dvd from my own collection. Also what if he isn't as into Yu-Gi-Oh as I originally suspected?? (What are your thoughts on giving the gift of a used anime dvd to a kid? Yay or nay?)

*K_tak's sister (2) I bought her some clothes, a book, a frog purse, and a "Little People" Castle playset. The castle I decided on because it doesn't have TOO many pieces, and it looks like something she could actually play with. But now I'm afraid it's too big because K_tak's parents and little sister are sharing just a little room at his uncle's house (his brother is in a different room).

Also, Merry Christmas to you all, hope it's pleasant!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #181]

Dec 22, 2008 - 12:36 AM
The story with my knee
Response to: busted knee? by Ceres

A few days late, but meh

My doctor explained that I have muscle weakness in my vastus medialis (a quad muscle), and because of it, it is too weak to keep my patella in place causing it to go out to the side. There is a notch on the patella that slides through a grove in the femur and because my patella isn't alligned properly, the notch isn't sliding smoothly along the groove and is instead hitting bone. It's called Petello-Femoral Pain Syndrome, also known as "Runner's Knee".

It's nothing serious, and with a few simple exercises I should be fine without having to resort to physical therapy.

I realized when I got back to work though what could be the cause of the muscle weakness- when I walk...my right foot goes off to the side. I'm hoping that trying to pay attention to how my foot is aligned may also help with recovery...unfortunately it hurts my ankle

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #180]

Dec 21, 2008 - 01:15 PM
Christmas came early
Yesterday morning was one of those mornings where you just don't want to get out of bed, I reluctantly did though because my dad made pancakes. Afterwards though, I crawled back into bed. I wasn't laying down more than 5 minutes before the door bell rang.

I got up and looked out my window and could see the mailman handing my dad a brown package which I recognized to be the CD I ordered, and ran downstairs.

As I'm taking the package from my dad, the mailman takes out another one from his bag, this one bigger and wrapped in red wrapping paper.

Spoiler:

Both flown by Royal Mail...who could my secret santa be? Someone from the UK apparently, but I can't find a name

I open up the gift first:
Spoiler:

Doctor Who books Awesome!

Thinking I'm done with that box, I go to open my other package, known to be my Limited Edition copy of "This Delicate Thing We've Made"
Spoiler:

My collection is now complete.

After all is said and done with opening packages, there is still the chore of cleaning up the mess of the packaging. When I picked up the Amazon box again...there was still something rattling in there, so I reach in and pull it out.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure how to play Top Trumps (as it appears to be a game, with each card having stats) but nonetheless, it's pretty awesome.

I double check the inside of the box to make sure I have everything now and pull out a slip of paper.
Spoiler:

Thanks Ben!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 meteors)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #179]

Dec 18, 2008 - 02:05 AM
busted knee?
I hurt my knee back in late winter early this year when a coworker and I were clearing ice off a sidewalk. A puddle had formed under the thick ice so I was stomping on it to crack it, then she was removing the broken pieces of ice with a shovel. I was working on a tough part that wasn't so hollow underneath but I insisted on attempting to break it anyways. Using just my right foot to focus the force and using all my strength, I ended up stomping too hard.

It bothered me for a few days, then only when I kicked snow off my boots or jumped around with the kids at work, then nothing. It hadn't bothered me for a good 6 months.

It flared back up Monday. I didn't notice it until the after noon and couldn't recall what I could have done to it at first then remembered that I had stomped mud off my boots that morning. It isn't even really pain, just a dull ache, but I know it isn't good so I called my doctor and made an appointment for 11 this morning.

It really only bothers me when I stomp my foot or jump, walking is usually fine. I'm not sure exactly what is wrong, but I'm wondering if I could have torn the cartilage or what ever it is that serves as the shock absorber. If it's something that will require surgery to correct, I don't know what I would do. I'm quite worried.

I asked my coworkers today about if it could classify as workman's comp, which it would have...if I had filed it within 6 weeks of the incident.

Response entries:
The story with my knee by Ceres

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #178]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Ceres's Journal