Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Hi, My Name Is Hito's Journal

Hi, My Name Is Hito's Journal Statistics
View Hi, My Name Is Hito's profile
Entries 32 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 17277
Replies Hi, My Name Is Hito has made 110 comments [view stats]
Comments 151 comments (4.72 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 40 props given to Hi, My Name Is Hito [who be proppin?]
Buddies 23 buddies
Relation You are not Hi, My Name Is Hito's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 12, 2010 - 11:09 PM
My feet are cold.
I unpacked my bags. Things were missing. I don't understand.

These little feet of mine are so, so frozen. =(

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

Jun 1, 2010 - 09:57 PM
Gifts. Meet.
I'm dealing with funemployment so the best y'all can expect from me as far as gifts go is me cooking your food.

I promise not to fuck it up!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

May 21, 2010 - 10:14 PM
FUCK YEAR
I'm stretchin' tables, mother fuckers. Look at this shit. Look how awesome.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Jun 14, 2009 - 11:57 PM
Lasagnaforce: Interactive Delicious
Because this was the most memorable thing about me at the meet, here is the recipe for the lasagna I made. Minor adjustments will be made to make up for what I forgot to purchase when I made it.

What you'll need:
Lasagna noodles
Ricotta
Parmesan
Mozzarella
Romano
Heavy cream
Butter
Ground beef (honestly, I'd rather use a mixture of ground pork and veal)
Carrots
Onions
Celery
Spinach
Basil
Thyme
Bay leaves
Garlic
Tomato paste
Stewed tomatoes
Kosher salt
Black pepper, black peppercorns
Cloves
Crushed red pepper
Red wine (I used merlot, but as long as it's dry it doesn't make much of a difference)
Eggs
Olive oil

Preparing the sauces I: Red

Begin by dicing carrots, onions, and celery in to 1/8" inch pieces. Add whole, peeled cloves of garlic. Place the mixture in a large pot with just enough oil to coat the bottom of it. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, a bay leave, and thyme. I recommend adding the thyme as a single bunch and removing it later rather than trying to pull the leaves off the stems. Over medium-low heat, allow the vegetables to simmer for about twenty minutes, or until just barely fork tender (for the carrots). Now add the ground beef (or pork/veal/whatever) and stir it in to the vegetables. Please note your vegetables should not be browned, nor should the meat. If they turn brown, lower the heat. When the meat and vegetables are mixed, add the red wine, tomato paste, and stewed tomatoes. Cover and let it sit for at least six hours, but overnight would be best. Turn the heat to low. After time has passed, spoon out the grease from the top and begin seasoning to taste with salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper. Remove the thyme and bay leaf.

Preparing the sauces II: White

This is a very basic sauce, as it's just bechamel, one of the five mother sauces--meaning most other cream-based sauces are built from this one sauce. In a pot over medium-low, add a half pound of butter and half pound of flour (the ratio is 1:1 when making a roux so the quantity is easy to increase or decrease). As the butter melts, incorporate the flour with a whisk. It should begin to turn in to a thick paste. Allow this paste to cook until it is a deep gold or blonde color. Now add two pints of heavy cream (I suppose milk would work too, but come on, where's the flavor?), slowly pouring it in and incorporating the roux. At this point, turn the heat down just slightly to avoid scalding the cream. Add a few cloves (three or four), a handful of black peppercorns, salt, a bay leave, and thyme, and minced garlic. Uncovered, let this sit for at least half an hour to allow any starch to cook out. Stir occassionally. When finished, the sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Test this by drawing a line through the sauce on the spoon with your finger. If the line holds, your sauce is done. If, after the thirty minutes, the sauce does not hold that line, add another small portion of roux (not the full half pound of each. Try a quarter of a pound this time). You will need to let the sauce sit for another half hour if more roux is needed. Be sure to remove the cloves, peppercorns, thyme, and bay leaf.

Preparing everything else

The noodles will need to be par-cooked. In a pot of boiling water, add a large quantity of salt. This is the only opportunity you will have to season your noodles. (Tee hee. Season your noodle.) Add the noodles to the pot one at a time, rotating each noodle clockwise to form a propellor shape. This prevents the noodles from sticking to one another. Allow the noodles to boil until soft enough to bend but still above al dente. They should have a small amount of stickiness to them. Remove the noodles from the water when they reach this point and dry them on a paper towel.

For the ricotta mixture, add three eggs to one pound of the cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, mix in finely-grated romano.

With the spinach, toss it in oil, salt, and minced garlic. Do not pre-wilt it or anything. Same goes for the basil.

Once all of the sauces have cooled, you may begin layering the lasagna. Spray your pan with pan spray first, then lay down a single layer of noodles. Top this with ricotta, basil, white sauce, mozzarella. Add another layer of noodles. On top of this put down the rest of the ricotta, the spinach, and some more mozzarella. Noodles again, then the meat sauce, one more layer of noodles, and finally the remainder of your mozzarella, parmesan, and romano.

An important note: You'll notice I don't really have amounts listed. Lasagna is such an easy thing to make too much of and very difficult to make too little of. A lot of people like their lasagnas a lot of different ways. I'd recommend making slightly more than you think you'll need of everything. For two people, a single pound of meat will suffice. For four, you'll need two pounds. The amount of vegetables you will need for two people in the red sauce is very small. A half cup each of celery and carrots, and a full cup of onions will do. You won't need a full pint of ricotta for two people, nor will you need enough bechamel to warrant a full pound of roux. The amount of white sauce and roux you will need to prepare is a difficult matter when working in smaller amounts, so I recommend preparing these things in larger batches and finding ways to incorporate them into other dishes. Bechamel is a fantastic starting point for a great many sauces, especially cheese sauce or alfredo (simply add parmesan, garlic, and white wine to create alfredo and any combination of grated cheeses for a mac and cheese sauce). The red sauce will serve as a great sauce for any pasta dish and can even be made to represent the protein for Mexican stews by the addition of chipotle peppers, cumin, or other Spanish spices. In addition to having too much of things, you will want to pay close attention to the amount of salt you add to the lasagna. When I say a pinch of salt, what I mean is the amount of salt you can fit between your thumb and index finger. It is very important to add salt during every step of the process to allow the individual flavors of each ingredient to be incorporated. Tasting your sauces in the beginning will give you a general idea of how much salt you have and how much more you'll need, but you should avoid adding more until you're ready to use the sauce in its final form as cooking will concentrate flavors and sometimes bring out or reduce the salt content in a dish. You must note, however, the water for your pasta should contain almost enough salt to make it salt water. It is possible to have too much salt for pasta water, but most of you probably won't reach that point for fear of having too much anyway.

To bake the lasagna, cover with foil tightly but do not allow the foil to touch the cheese on top. Bake for an hour or until hot in the center. Remove the foil and bake for another ten minutes or until the cheese on top is completely melted and golden brown. Before serving, allow the lasagna to rest for five to ten minutes. It will remain more stable and be easier to serve if you do.

For vegetarians, the same sauce can be made by increasing the amount of tomatoes (I would add a tablespoon or two of white sugar to cut the acidity and add a dash of red wine vinegar). I'm sorry you didn't get any, Thud. I really would've made you your own!

The lasagna will keep for three days (if cooled completely before covering) in the fridge and up to a month in the freezer. To re-heat, pre-heat the oven to 350 and bake for twenty minutes, or microwave the shit out of it until you think it's done. Both sauces can be kept seperately and prepared up to three days in advance. Bechamel will not freeze. The red sauce will freeze and keep for up to a month. Do not prepare your spinach, basil, or ricotta until the day you need them as the salt will destroy the ingredients. The ricotta will not keep for more than a day due to the eggs.

It's a complicated dish because of how much work goes in to it, but I'm sure you all can tell the work is worth it. Except you, Thud, because you're a terrible person and hate good things in life.

Kidding, of course. I love the shit out of you.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #19]

Jun 14, 2009 - 03:07 AM
Meety McMeeterson
Because everyone else has something up. I'm going to bed. I'll write something more detailed later, but just a quick shout out to everyone that was there:

Infernal: Sorry I wasn't more surprised. I didn't know I was supposed to be surprised. You're a pretty awesome guy. Please stop cooking.

Rasputin: Thank god the rap you receive on the boards doesn't extend to you in person. It was a pleasure cooking with you and I hope to be able to do more of it next year.

Plarom: You rock my socks off. Figuratively. I'm sorry about the black jokes, but at least you can take 'em. I look forward to many more.

K_Tak: You're too quiet. Speak up! Also thanks for the ride to the airport.

Hyde: You and I need to sit down and talk about dem games 'n' shit. Also, it's pronounced ee-ko. Sorry, dude.

SimDaddy: You seem like a great guy. I'll have to hang out with you more next year. Also, what a fucking surprise to see how amazing you are at DDR. Seriously. Where did that come from?

Ceres: Sorry about your glasses. At least they weren't stepped on. Next time I'll make sure I don't have to pee. Just for fun, though, can you crawl around like a crab next year? =P

Acer: You're a giant fucking teddy bear. I would've wanted to hug you if you weren't in so much pain.

Sprout: You are now confirmed as my friend on Facebook. Sup now.

Thud: Holy shit please don't ever make me laugh that hard again. Please. Really. My ribs still hurt.

Puck: Same for you. Come back next year.

Pang: I was afraid of you for the first couple hours, but it turns out you're pretty awesome. I'm sorry about all the rape, but at least no one got hurt, right?

Sass: I was also afraid of meeting you, but you too are pretty fucking awesome. I look forward to seeing you again.

Dope: Didn't get to spend too much time with you, but you seem pretty cool.

Seris: The words that come out of your mouth barely match your personality. It's so shocking! I love it.

Omagnus: You're probably one of the most awesome guys I've met in a long time. I look forward to seeing you again.

Skexis: Another one I didn't get to spend too much time with. Next year, dood.

Frank: Finally got to meet you! Hit me up when you're in Cali. I'll buy you a drink.

Radez: Glad to finally meet you. Thank you so much for all the work you put in to this thing. I was glad to be a part of it.

Temari: Let me know when you want another BLT.

Is that everyone? God you guys, it was so fantastic. I can't wait for the next one. I promise I'll smile more and get some words in a conversation. And also cook. I plan on doing much more of that.

Goodnight!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #18]

Mar 8, 2008 - 01:21 AM
Cooking with Hito, Volume the First: Veal scaloppini
Content
Menu

Amuse bouche
Smoked salmon atop cucumber

Main course
Stacked beet and potato "salad"
Veal scaloppini with yellow tomatoes and beet-merlot jus
Asparagus

Dessert
Candied papaya and mascarpone

Methods

The night before: Prepare your creme fraiche, try to prep as much as you can, which can include slicing your cucumbers, salmon, cleaning your veal, peeling and cutting your beets and potatoes, and preparing your herbs.

To prepare creme fraiche: Use 1 part buttermilk to 3 parts half-and-half. Whisk together in a metal or glass bowl, cover tightly, and let it sit out for 8-12 hours in a warm place. Refrigerate up to six hours before using. It should be slightly firm.

The amuse.
Peel the cucumber, or for a more interesting effect, peel sections of the cucumber. Slice thinly, about 1/8". For ease of use and preparation, buy pre-smoked, pre-sliced salmon. Fold the salmon on top of the cucumber slice, and then add a drop of lemon juice, a drop of chili oil (should be spicy chili oil. To make your own, heat sriracha or whole chilis in olive oil and strain), a small amount of gourman cheese (a soft cheese infused with garlic), and finally a sprig of dill.

The potato "salad."
Begin by peeling Yukon Gold or yellow fingerling potatoes. Cut in to squares or whatever shape is desired. Do the same with fresh beets. I cut mine a width of 1/8" to 1/5", the thinner the slice, the less time it takes to soften. Coat with course sea salt (if not, use kosher, not iodized salt). Toss in olive oil. Be sure to keep the potatoes and beets separate. Steam these for roughly ten minutes, or until tender. Thinly slice goat cheese. Finely dice a white onion.

Sweat the onion (in other words, with a small amount of salt and oil, over low-to-medium heat, cook until translucent). About half-way through the sweating process, add a generous amount of white sugar and sherry. Avoid, if you can, sherry cooking wine and instead use an actual, drinkable sherry. Continue to sweat the onions in the sherry and sugar until translucent and soft. Add turmeric for color. Chill.

To build: Begin by placing one slice of potato on your plate. Add creme fraiche to the top, then a slice of beet, a slice of goat cheese, potato, creme fraiche, beet, goat cheese, and potato. Place a sprig of rosemary in the top. Around the top and base, sprinkle the onions. Avoid using too many--the flavor will be strong and over-power the rest of the ingredients.

The sauce.
Using the water saved from your boiled beets, add one to two cups chicken stock, a sprig of rosemary, a sprig of thyme, salt, black pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil, then add two cups of sugar. Reduce this mixture half-way, then add a splash of merlot. Continue to reduce until thick, but not yet a syrup. If needed, add more sugar.

The veal.
Trim of fat if the cuts have any. Usually you can by prepared scallopini from the supermarket or request it from the butcher. Sprinkle with salt (I prefer sea salt, but any will work), black pepper, fresh chopped thyme and rosemary. Place in a heated pan with enough oil to coat the bottom. Sear on both sides for one minute. Place the veal in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for ten minutes. Remove, let rest for five minutes before plating. When the veal is removed from the pan, deglaze it with your sauce, adding more wine if necessary. For a smoother, richer sauce, add a tablespoon of butter. For a lighter sauce, avoid using butter.

The tomatoes.
Yellow tomatoes are sweeter than regular tomatoes, so very little work is required in preparing them. For this dish, sprinkle with a small amount of salt and roast them in the oven for ten minutes or until slightly shriveled. Place on top of the sauced veal.

The asparagus.
These can be boiled, steamed, roasted, or grilled. Whichever method you choose, sprinkle with salt and black pepper. They should be firm, but tender when done. Place on the plate first, adding the veal at a 30-degree angle on top. Plate the potato salad on the side. Drizzle the edge of the plate with the beet reduction.

The desert.
Peel the papaya and remove the seeds. Slice large sections in to half-moons on a bias. Place on a sheet pan and coat with sugar. Broil them in the oven until the sugar is brown. Remove from the oven and chill. In a separate bowl, mix the mascarpone with lemon juice, sugar, a pinch of salt, and lemon zest. Whisk. Place a dallop of this mixture on top of the papaya and garnish with lemon twists and mint.

Pictures forthcoming.

Currently Playing: Witold Lutoslawski - Variations on a theme by Paganini

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #17]

Feb 26, 2008 - 02:03 AM
HEY FRANK
CAPSLOCK
I RIPPED YOUR SHIT.

COME AND GET IT.

Currently Playing: BEN FOLDS

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #16]

Feb 24, 2008 - 04:54 PM
The one where I'm behind the times.
Fantabulous
Ace Combat 6 is better than sex.

I've had the game since the day it was released, flight sticks and all, but I don't have a 360. I played it two or three times at a friend's, but that wasn't half as satisfying as it is sitting at home and raping it.

<3 AC6.

Currently Playing: Igor Stravinsky - The Rake's Progress

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #15]

Feb 19, 2008 - 04:47 AM
In which I copypasta Shakespeare.
Bewitch'd.
OTHELLO. Villain, be sure thou prove my love a whore;
Be sure of it. Give me the ocular proof;
Or, by the worth of man's eternal soul,
Thou hadst been better have been born a dog
Than answer my waked wrath!

IAGO. Is't come to this?

OTHELLO. Make me to see't; or at the least so prove it,
That the probation bear no hinge nor loop
To hang a doubt on; or woe upon thy life!

IAGO. My noble lord-

OTHELLO. If thou dost slander her and torture me,
Never pray more; abandon all remorse;
On horror's head horrors accumulate;
Do deeds to make heaven weep, all earth amazed;
For nothing canst thou to damnation add
Greater than that.

IAGO. O grace! O heaven defend me!
Are you a man? have you a soul or sense?
God be wi' you; take mine office. O wretched fool,
That livest to make thine honesty a vice!
O monstrous world! Take note, take note, O world,
To be direct and honest is not safe.
I thank you for this profit, and from hence
I'll love no friend sith love breeds such offense.

OTHELLO. Nay, stay; thou shouldst be honest.

IAGO. I should be wise; for honesty's a fool,
And loses that it works for.

I've always loved this scene. I won't explain why because it doesn't matter why. Re-reading Othello (for the fifth time now) has made me realize I missed a lot of small things before. From what Shakespeare I've read, this is his best play and easily the most tragic of his tragedies. Has evil ever known such cunning since?

Currently Playing: Dmitri Shostakovich - Symphony No. 5 in D minor, Op. 47

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #14]

Feb 18, 2008 - 10:01 PM
ITP: Hate on Tails
That's it. Just hate on Tails because he's either: furry, black, lame, or all three.

<3 Fails

Response entries:
RE: ITP: Hate on Tails by Bigblah

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #13]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Hi, My Name Is Hito's Journal