Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Drakken's Journal

Drakken's Journal Statistics
View Drakken's profile
Entries 2 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 2453
Replies Drakken has made 11 comments [view stats]
Comments 3 comments (1.5 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to Drakken [who be proppin?]
Buddies 1 buddies
Relation You are not Drakken's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jul 27, 2007 - 10:59 PM
Babe
"If I had words to make a daaaay for you,

I'd sing you a mor-ning, gol-den and true.

I would make this day last for alllll time,

Then fi-ill the night deep in moo-oon-shine."

"That'll do, pig."

"That'll do."

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Oct 14, 2006 - 01:05 AM
Master of Monsters (Genesis) (music blog)
Delighted
Note: I blog occasionally at GAF. I just did a vgm blog and thought, "Hey, why not start posting blogs at GFF?"

You won't know me unless you frequent the Game Music boards, but hi to everyone.

So, I was in the local Old & New Shop again the other day. Remember my first blog post when I found those great Genesis games (Pirates! Gold, Shining Force, etc.) for $1 each? Well, there were a few more this time, scattered in random places throughout the store. I got Shaq-Fu (silliest concept ever, but worth owning), a complete Sonic 2, and this other cartridge that was in a Ziploc bag called "Master of Monsters."

Just like last time, I figured, "Eh, why the heck not? Maybe it's rare."

I am SO glad I found this game. Now, the game itself isn't really my thing. It's a simple strategy RPG / monster summoner type deal. But, it's one of the best purchases I've made in quite some time. Not only will it fetch me a decent amount on eBay (it is indeed rare), but it has WONDERFUL music. This is seriously great stuff. I noticed it first at the title screen; I thought, "This is kind of neat." Then, I realized you could toggle through the 6 songs while playing the game. That led to, "Wow, these are great. I wonder if anyone has ripped this."

As it turns out, there was actually an official soundtrack released (for an old, obscure Genesis game...go figure). So, I grabbed that and have been listening to it for hours now. In addition to the 9 original game songs, there are 9 really well-done arranged versions. Sweet.

A guy I've never heard of named Hayato Matsuo composed these tunes. It turns out he's worked on a lot of collaborative projects, including the Ogre Battle games and surprisingly, some FF XII tracks. Whoa.

Furthermore, Hitoshi Sakimoto is credited as an arranger for Master of Monsters. And Koichi Sugiyama, of Dragon Quest fame, is listed as the sound producer.

So now, I'm really, really happy. This has quickly become one of my favorite soundtracks.

The moral of the story: Buy Genesis games you've never heard of that you find for $1.

Currently Playing: Master of Monsters - Purple time

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Drakken's Journal