Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Griffin's Journal

The_Griffin's Journal Statistics
View The_Griffin's profile
Entries 39 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 17971
Replies The_Griffin has made 61 comments [view stats]
Comments 118 comments (3.03 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 10 props given to The_Griffin [who be proppin?]
Buddies 5 buddies
Relation You are not The_Griffin's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jul 26, 2006 - 12:34 AM
How bad of a person am I...
For not playing the Monkey Island games, EVER?

Thankfully, to rectify this, I am now downloading the three games. Thank God for 36 megabyte torrents

How good is 3, though? As good as the first two?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Jul 25, 2006 - 10:56 PM
Oh. My. God. Greatest act of ownage EVER.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eral&T=9117870

Read up to the third page. Or, if you're too lazy, read the first post and then go to the third page and look for Eyonix's post.

Purely. Owned.

THIS THREAD IS THE DEFINITION OF

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Jul 13, 2006 - 06:29 PM
I wish I had a digital camera right now.
IT'S HERE!

PHOENIX WRIGHT

IT'S FINALLY FUCKING ARRIVED

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Jul 5, 2006 - 07:48 PM
Hooo boy... here I go to the Den of Evil again.
:fuPizzaHu
So yesterday I was kept for two hours after my scheduled shift for Pizza Hut. I was pretty pissed off because I had plans to, you know, spend time with my family, including my pregnant sister. At around 7:00, I went up and told the night manager (keep in mind that I was opening driver, so I had been in since 10:00 that morning), "I would like to go home now, would you cash me out, please?"

"Sure, just answer these phones quick."

I did so, which took about 15 minutes. After I finished, he was helping some customers, so I waited for him to finish.

"I would like to go home now, please."

"Actually, could you grab cut table quick...?"

OH NO HE DIDN'T.

"No. I would like to go home now."
"You know, [the RGM] told me that I could keep you."
"I don't care what he said. I would like to go home now."

It went on like this for a few minutes (in front of customers, no less), until finally he caved in.

"I would like to go home. NOW."

"FINE! Clock yourself out, NOW. Don't count tips, don't do anything. Just clock yourself out NOW, or I will do it for you!"

Then he went on to rant about how I was a whiny baby because I was asked to stay two hours past my schedule on a day where I had prior plans, and that the RGM thought so too.

And now I get to go in there AGAIN. Where the RGM or the same guy who managed last night will undoubtably want to yell at me. For doing something I had EVERY right, and every REASON to do.

I'm sick of this job, to be honest. All the cool people have left either for another job or another store, there's a bunch of new people in, and they're all stiff necks who don't know shit about how to have the slightest amount of fun on the job (while getting the job done as well), or complete morons.

This week I have to help close, again. The last time I wound up staying two hours past my schedule... with the same guy as last night presiding. All because the moron RGM didn't think "Hey, maybe a cook helping out the closing manager and two drivers would be a good idea!" Especially since it was our BUSIEST NIGHT.

If the same shit as last week goes down, I'm going to change my hours of availability. I did NOT sign up to be there until 2 or 3 in the fucking morning.

And if they give me grief over it, I'll just transfer to a different store. There's one nearby that might be an easier drive for me. Sure, I'd have to learn a new area to drive, but it would be worth it to get away from those two.

Ugh, sometimes I hate life.

UPDATE: Color me surprised. Nobody yelled at me tonight. =o

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Jun 17, 2006 - 05:50 PM
Holy fuck. I'm going to be an uncle at 19/20.
My sister popped in today while doing errands before she left for Hawaii on business (and pleasure), and we chatted for a bit. While we were talking about the groceries we had picked up, mom mentioned that she had some decaf herbal tea. My sister responded, "That's good. I can't have caffeine anymore because I'm pregnant."

And just like that, I'm an uncle-to-be. Due date is in early February, which is coincidentally around the time that both my sister and I have our birthdays. One hell of a birthday present, neh?

"Happy Birthday To You! Breathe! C'mon, PUSH!"

It's... yet to sink in, really. Once I do, I'll doubtless be quivering like a Jello mold during an earthquake, doubting that I'll be anything approaching a good role model, and wondering if I'm going to turn the kid into a hellion or a spoiled brat.

God, I hate being so insecure sometimes...

EDIT: And before you ask, YES, she IS married. And yes, her husband IS joining her in Hawaii, but not until Thursday.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Jun 17, 2006 - 02:19 AM
My boss is trying to get me fired + Delivery Driver's Pet Peeves
Ugh. Worst night EVER tonight.

I come into work, my boss is sitting outside, smoking, and takes one look at me and sends me home to change my pants. I dash there and back (a half-hour drive total), and clock in... and then my boss writes me up. "Why?" I ask. "Because you didn't show up yesterday," he said. I point out that I wasn't scheduled for Thursday, and he shows me a schedule... that has me scheduled for Thursday, and tells me that he hadn't changed the schedule either. I sigh, sign the form, and go about my work.

Then, during a delivery, I'm letting my mind wander, when I notice something about the schedule in my mind's eye: it had nothing under Tuesday.

Tuesday, I was scheduled from 5:30 to 9:00, but I had been called in as an opening driver, and I remembered during the day looking at the whiteboard where we write the day's schedule and seeing myself on it.

After the delivery, I race back, check, and lo and behold, nothing but blank under Tuesday. So, at the VERY least, my boss wrote me up for a bullshit reason (which I was wondering about, since the policy states that no call+no show is an immediate termination, and the guy is a stickler for rules, yet he only wrote me up) AND lied to me about changing the schedule, and at worst, is trying to get me fired. WHY he would do this, though, I have no clue. It's not like I'm a bad worker or anything; hell, I'd go so far as to say I'm one of the better drivers despite my inexperience.

So tomorrow morning I'm going in under the pretense of having lost my hat (because I don't trust anybody in that god damn store anymore, and if my boss IS trying to get me fired, it would be as easy as pointing out to corporate offices that I was a no-show yesterday and changing my status from written up to fired) and looking up the number for HR and disputing this thing.

Enough about office Pizza Hut drama, though, it's time for pet peeves.

Asshole bosses who console you while stabbing you in the back: Err.... yeah. NOW I'm done with that.

CHECKS. I'm throwing my lot in with Tails and Mo0 here. Checks are the MOST ANNOYING GOD DAMN THING EVAR. Not only are they unreliable (some asshole wrote TWO checks for us from a closed account, which means that he basically got free pizza =\ ), but they're a PAIN to process compared to the rest. With cash, it's just shove in the register and take your tip. With cards, it's staple the signed and imprinted receipt to the ticket and take your tip.

With checks, it's endorsing it by stamping the back, writing a T-bar with the driver's license number of the customer (optional, but the boss yells at me if I don't do it), the ticket number, the phone number, and the driver's initials, and grabbing your (usually piddly) tip.

People who get pissed off at the driver for something he had no control over: Yes, I know it's a half hour late. Yes, I'm sorry. Yes, I know I won't get a damn tip, despite having gotten there in under five minutes. The only reason your pizza is late is because some fucktard at the store was sitting out back smoking instead of dispatching drivers.

Related: Yes, I know I had trouble finding your house. Yes, I'm sorry. Yes, I know I won't get a damn tip, despite having gotten there within the promise time. The only reason you're pissed is because your house, which has an address of 20th Street, is on FUCKING KENNEWICK PLACE, AND NO THE STREET SIGN DOES NOT SAY 20TH STREET YOU FAT BITCH.

Apartment complexes: Is it so fucking hard to put your address somewhat clearly on the sign? Seriously, some I've seen have a sign declaring the name of their complex THIS BIG yet have an address this big on it. And ONE sign I've seen doesn't have the address ANYWHERE on the sign. Just the name.

OI.

Areas without street lights: Not only is it unsafe (delivery drivers DO get robbed, ya know), but it makes it hard as fuck to find the house you're looking for because you can't see the address. THESE PLACES ARE WHY I NEED TO HAVE A FLASHLIGHT IN MY CAR AT ALL TIMES.

Houses with similarly colored addresses and walls Uhh... you DO realize that people find your house by address, right? So WHY would you have a tan-colored address, and a house painted a slightly lighter shade of tan?

Poor tippers: The worst case of this was one where I delivered a pizza a full HOUR early, and the guy casually handed the exact amount to me and slammed the door in my face. You know, when you work your ass off to get a pizza to somebody from the oven within five minutes, it sorta gets frustrating to not even get a nod or a "thank you."

Preferably, that nod or "thank you" would be in the form of a five-dollar bill.

Aaaand... that's about it for me.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Jun 12, 2006 - 09:46 PM
So fucking BORED.
Ugh. GFF has become a snoozefest lately.

School's wrapping up so that I have almost no time to myself because of fucking finals.

Work is becoming one big stresshole timesink.

UGH.

Fuckit, I'm gonna go read some more trashy B-grade fanfiction. ;_;

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

Jun 11, 2006 - 02:00 PM
so I joined the newest bandwagon
and bought myself dad a DS Lite.

I'm gonna get myself a used regular DS next paycheck, so that we don't have to bicker over it.

What did I get for it? I got Tetris DS, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, MP: Hunters, and Mario Kart DS.

I want to get Phoenix Wright so fucking bad, but I'd already blown ~140 on those games, and the GameStop I got it in didn't have it. ;_;

I'm definitely going to get a second copy of Tetris DS with the other DS next week, though. It would be hella fun to play my dad. =D

Currently Playing: Chrono Trigger - A World Awaits Chrono (OC Remix)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

Jun 9, 2006 - 03:38 PM
oh hay guys what's goin on?
So I come in and browse the journals, and see Deni's VG entry. Curious, I snoop around and discover that VG's closed down his journal, Miyomi HAD some entries concerning it but either made them private or deleted them, and the only thing I can piece together is from the comments.

God dammit, I hate missing out on drama.

Seriously, I view this like a game or a good book. It's entertaining as hell to browse around, and figure out the whole plot of the latest bout of drama. I usually don't PARTICIPATE in it, but I sure as hell enjoy it. It's like a whodunit without the murder. =D

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Jun 5, 2006 - 12:18 AM
lollin' so hard at my Infernal Sig/Ava
Truly, I am now DANGEROUSLY FURRY. =D

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Griffin's Journal