Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
russ's Journal

Journal Banner
High five.

russ's Journal Statistics
View russ's profile
Entries 153 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 141 entries are private (92.16% of total)
Views 22441
Replies russ has made 2604 comments [view last 20]
Comments 1463 comments (9.56 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 87 props given to russ [who be proppin]
Buddies 27 buddies
Relation You are not russ's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal Entry [Viewing All Entries]
Aug 13, 2010 - 02:16 PM
I broke my toilet last night.
I know, you'd expect this entry from Colonel "Shitimus Maximus" Skills before anyone else, and yet...

Well, my toilet had been running constantly for the last week or so, so I open up the tank to investigate. I note that the valve is open, due to the float arm not rising high enough to close the valve. Obviously the overflow pipe had been reached already, hence the water not rising enough to lift the float arm higher. I decide to bend the float arm down so that the float is lower and thus less water is require to close the valve. Snapped the METAL float arm in half. Uh oh.

Seven dollars later, I have a new valve assembly and have fixed the problem successfully. Yeah that's right, I fixed something around the house. I am now a man.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #12]

Jul 28, 2010 - 06:28 PM
Driving from Mobile, AL to St Louis, MO
Starting bright and early tomorrow morning, I will be driving super long ways. I'll be going through Mississippi, up through Memphis, and so forth. Going to be so lame. I'm hoping for 32+ MPG for the trip though, should be interesting.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #11]

Jul 1, 2010 - 05:57 PM
Ordered a new laptop today
First time I've been excited over a computer in a while.

The important bits:

Dell Precision M4500
64-bit Intel core i7-920xm extreme edition processor
8 gigs of memory
500 gig 7200 rpm hdd
Full HD 15.6" widescreen
nvidia quatro 1800m graphics card
integrated webcam, fingerprint reader, backlit keyboard

Basically all it lacks is a blu-ray drive.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #10]

May 24, 2010 - 07:54 PM
Struggling to not buy .....
a $2300 Paul Reed Smith guitar. Specifically, this PRS:

Spoiler:

I know I don't need it, but damn, so pretty and I've always wanted a PRS.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Apr 2, 2010 - 10:03 AM
Moving tomorrow.
I have packed 6 Dell PC boxes full of just video games and dvds. Clearly it is time to get rid of some of that stuff. What I've still got left:

- Finish sorting the keep and the throwaway stuff in my junk room, then either pack it or throw it away
- Pack kitchen (dishes, utensils, blender, knives, pots and pans)
- Pack clothes
- Unhook and pack surround sound system, PS3, 360
- Clean

It would be so much easier if I weren't moving 3+ hours away I guess. I think I am just going to get everything out this weekend, then come back next weekend and clean.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Mar 3, 2010 - 04:15 PM
I will be moving soon.
From BFE, Alabama to the Mobile, AL area. I will be 40 miles from the beach (and instant sunburn). Long story short: I was offered another job and when I broke that news to my current employer, they made a very strong play to keep me, part of which involves moving me to a larger and better city.

I'm going down next week to take a look at apartments, and will hopefully lay down a deposit and get that business out of the way now in preparation for a move in early April.

I'm pretty excited about getting the hell out of the town I live in now.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Feb 15, 2010 - 01:16 PM
Sweet
Did my taxes this morning. Getting $1042 back from federal, owe state $41, net win of $1001.

Also filled out my mileage reimbursement for the past couple of work trips I've gone on and will be getting another $310 there.

I was in Florida for work on Friday and it snowed on me. It wasn't really sticking, but it was coming down pretty good (for Florida, that is). It was the strangest thing, snow in Florida.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Dec 31, 2009 - 12:38 PM
I hardly ever use this journal anymore.
I think that I will make an effort to change that. Not necessarily with worthwhile content, but perhaps as a repository for my impressions of movies that I see. Since I have Netflix now, I have been able to watch a lot of movies, both through their digital service and through mailed discs. For the sake of ease, I will begin with the movie I received in the mail yesterday, and watched last night:

Terminator Salvation

Spoiler:
This movie was kind of cool, which is not to be confused with good. It was not very good, but it had lots of action and explosions. The effects were not very impressive, and most of the Terminator models were garbage. The only Terminator that didn't look like trash was the Arnold one. There was one who seemed to be wearing a sweatband on his head, like it is Rambo. You are a robot, you do not need to wear a sweatband around your head!

I got the feeling at times that they were trying to make Gears of War the movie, but in the Terminator universe. Many of the Terminators were actually shaped like Locust, if you ignored the fact that they were robots. The protagonist's name was Marcus, and while not necessarily burly, he was a tough, gritty man, and in fact, should there be a Gears of War movie, Sam Worthington would not be a visual stretch if he were cast as Marcus Fenix. The Marcus character's story begins in a prison. Which Marcus am I referring to? The Terminators are taking people back to their evil headquarters for some reason. In Gears of War 2, the Locust are taking people back to their evil headquarters for some reason.

Did they seriously just dispatch one Terminator to try to kill John Conner in the middle of a Terminator factory? One Terminator, in a whole factory of Terminators, to kill your biggest enemy, way to pull out all the stops there Skynet. John Connor's girlfriend was really clean. She apparently owns the only functioning shower on the planet and she allows no one else to use it. John Connor is never really portrayed as being special in any way, of having any special qualities to him. He is just an interchangeable army man whose mother happened to sleep with a dude from the future. Tell me what makes John Connor in this movie any better than the next soldier. You can't do it, not without saying "he's played by a more famous actor than anyone else in the movie". He is the center of the Terminator universe, and yet he is interchangeable. In a building filled with terrorists and civilians, John McClain is the cop. In a city filled with crime, run by criminals, Batman is the guy who snapped and put on a mask. In a world where terrorists devise convoluted plans to attack LA every year, Jack Bauer is the man who understands that dammit, there's no time! In a world where machines are trying to eradicate humanity, John Connor is the guy whose mom slept with a dude from the future and left him some audio tapes.

The movie had some cool, actiony moments, but overall, wow it was silly.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Feb 17, 2009 - 10:20 AM
In honor of Street Fighter 4: Chun Li kicks cause Chun Li can't do curls.
Yes, this is a youtube entry, featuring the closing song, Balrog 24/7, from Man Factory's Street Figher themed rock opera. It is the best.

YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Aug 9, 2008 - 07:54 PM
Step 1: wash car
Step 2: take pictures
Step 3: post said pictures on the internet
Step 4: stretch your tables so bad nah I'll be nice

I need to get tint. I want to take off the splash guards and get the HFP rear lip and get the HFP suspension kit to lower it about an inch. I would also like to get a second set of factory wheels and paint them black. Of course, between the rear lip, suspension kit, and wheels, I'd be looking at a couple thousand dollars. That's not happening right now, that's for sure.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Jul 20, 2007 - 04:06 PM
My adventures with my new PS3. {in picture form}

What could be in this box I wonder?

Oh, it's that PSTriple.

Hmm, all of this stuff comes in the box. Cool.

What the? Sony? Seriously? RCA cables? Not even component cables, but RCA?

Ok, I understand not including HDMI cables, since they are just SOOOO expensive, but RCA cables, what the hell am I supposed to do with this, I mean do you see a 1990s tv here?

Ok, screw it, I can get by for now. {actually, I knew that it didn't come with an HDMI cable, which is why I also ordered one of those, for like 2 bucks, it just hasn't arrived yet} Ok then, so what next?

Hmm, what am I missing? I know I'm missing something here, but what could it be. What, besides the console itself, do you need, in order to use it.

Aha! Games, that's what! But...

Where's the games, Sony, where's the games?

Oh, gotta wait until the fall. Well, I've got this console, so might as well use it.

Hopefully my HDMI cable will get here tomorrow, as well as the couple of Blu-ray movies I ordered. Then I can at least check out the PS2 upscaling capabilities.

Currently Playing: dat pstriple son

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Jun 26, 2006 - 05:35 PM
Posting a journal entry.
Click ChocoJournal.

Click New Entry.

Enter a Title and enter information into the Journal Entry field, not necessarily in that order. You can even input something for your mood and tell us what you're playing at the time, whether it's music or a video game.

You can even make an entry private if you don't want any old person looking at it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 awesomes)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
russ's Journal