Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Omnislash124's Journal

Omnislash124's Journal Statistics
View Omnislash124's profile
Entries 54 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 17545
Replies Omnislash124 has made 76 comments [view stats]
Comments 162 comments (3 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 18 props given to Omnislash124 [who be proppin?]
Buddies 2 buddies
Relation You are not Omnislash124's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 16, 2006 - 09:47 PM
Graduation
Tired
It's about damn time, and it was a long three hours just sitting there. I found this pretty interesting.....it seems that (no offense to anybody) if you're black, you get some crazy shout outs when you walk. When you're anything else, you get about nothing. Maybe it's just me living in Newport News, Virginia and going to a school with a Black Majority, but I feel bad for some of the people who walked across. Like, our Valedictorian and two Salutatorians (a two-way tie for 2nd place) walked with like cricket sounds relative to some other guys. I got a bit despite being asian from the Band at least. But whatever, graduation is over, I am done with High School. Goin to Virginia Tech in the Fall. Sweet.

Currently Playing: Nobuo Uematsu - Melodies of Life

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Jun 16, 2006 - 07:44 AM
Graduation Party Fun
Tired
Well, that was fun.

Yesterday, we had a graduation party at a friend's house. It was a lot of fun there. Now take note, as this was probably one of the few parties I've been too that weren't LAN parties. But nevertheless, I had a great time.

Me and my friend actually got there before all of our other friends from school, so we basically spent the first 15-30 minutes or so just chatting with her and her family/relatives. We played some Badminton after a bit of just sitting there. Started off with me and my friend, then we eventually got a doubles game going after my host friend joined in with her sister. That was.....interesting, to say the least, as none of us are actually that good at badminton.

So, after that, we went back inside, and then three of our other friends showed up........and then we went back outside again for some more badminton....So, this time, we got a Quad-match goin. So, after playing a game or two, we finally got tired and went inside. I wasn't hungry at the moment so I didn't eat much, just drank some stuff. More people showed up, so we now have 12 people. Later, we go back outside for another game of badminton, I guess it's a hex-game (6 on each team). This proved to be interesting.

Anyways, after half of us left the badminton courts, (I didn't leave) we still played a bit. After it got so dark that we couldn't possibly play anymore, we went over to the patio/gazebo and watched them play cards (Spoons was the game). Well, they already started playing so we just kinda sat there conversing. Then we got bored and went inside and popped in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! on the Gamecube. I proceed to own everybody just because I own the game and the others don't. After playing a few tedious races (for some reason, no matter what we changed on the options menu, the laps were set at 4). So we played places like Wario Stadium (default 2) and Rainbow Road (Default 3, but for people who loathe this stage, 4 laps is a lot)), we stopped and went back outside. They happened to be still playing cards. Except this time, ERS (Egyptian Ratscrew) was the game. It was like half way through the game, so I tapped in. I have, in a lack of better words, relatively above average reflexes so I managed to get most of the slaps. So I came back and won while tapping in half way through the game. That was fun.

Last thing of the day, we went back inside and played some Mad Gab (I think that's what it's called, never heard of it before) which proved to be very funny if you wern't playing or were a spectator. If you don't know what the game is, one person holds up cards that have the answer on one side, and the other side has words that give some hint to what it sounds like, but somewhat disfigured. So, an example:

Fur stem end mint

Would be what one person sees, that person has to make that into....

Spoiler:
First amendment

You really just have to play it. It's a lot of fun, especially with a lot of people.

So nevertheless, I had a great time at this graduation party. Got home at about 11:40PM.....and promptly fell asleep. Good stuff.

Currently Playing: Nothin'

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Jun 15, 2006 - 12:06 PM
Graduation Rehearsal
Annoyed
I stand by my opinion that besides the fact that there's graduation and the last year of public school, being a High School Senior Sucks. Maybe not for everybody, but at least for those in the International Baccalaureate.

First, you got internal assessments out the ass.

Extended Essay (4000 words) due.

An Assload of exams (16 sessions this year)

An Assload of applications for everything (colleges, scholarships, etc.)

Wasting my time with this graduation rehearsal (I know, graduation is a good thing, but the rehearsal is utter bullshit)

But whatever, at least I'm getting out of High School....and it's about damn time too.

Currently Playing: Nothin

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Jun 14, 2006 - 02:40 PM
Tablet PCs.....meh
Ambivilant
First entry just because I got bored....

So after my birthday, all the way back in January 5, 2006, I started my hunt for a notebook in order to get ready for college. I spent three months looking at quite a few impressive notebooks. I wanted a notebook that could be masked as a gaming notebook, while not carrying the huge pricetag. (I'm cheap, so $1500+ is a huge pricetag). After checking through multiple vendors (newegg.com, HP.com, toshiba.com and local shops like Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, etc.) Somewhere in the time of February/March, I finally found a good deal on an HP Pavilion dv5035nr.

Specs:

AMD Turion-64 ML-40 (2.2GHz, Damn Fast for a Notebook)
1GB PC2700 DDR RAM (It's a good amount)
Radeon Xpress 200M (Well, there goes my gaming capabilities)
Lightscribe DVD+/-RW Drive (I didn't want this, but whatever...)
80GB 5400RPM Hard Drive (Pretty standard, large enough)

Cost: $1050 (Very Attractive for the specs above)

There's more, but that's all thats important. Now, I previously thought this would be enough to satisfy whatever computer requirements my college, Virginia Tech, would require.

And, needless to say, It wasn't.

Actually, let me rephrase that, It was easily sufficient had it been a year earlier. And it still is sufficient based on the specs I gave above. The problem comes in on ONE thing. This was the first thing on the list for computer requirements:

Platform: TABLET PC

Well, fuck. I drop $1050 on a system that is now 3 months old and unusable for me. Now I gotta sell this. Thankfully, my friend took it off my hands for $950 (Thanks a lot, man), and I'm much more content now. So, now, I'm once again on search for a Tablet PC this time that is somewhat passable for my gaming needs, and more importantly, the specs required for college.

Yes, I do realize that I'll be taking my desktop anyways (which is capable of playing any game out right now with a GeForce 6600GT), but that doesn't mean I don't need another gaming machine, especially somewhat portable.

Apparantly, the fact that I want a gaming capable Tablet doesn't really matter, since almost NONE of the Tablets out have dedicated graphics. And the cheapest one that fits my requirements are all $1800+, so I figured a Gaming Tablet was out of the question.

Lo and behold, I was searching through some Tablets from vendors a few days ago. and BAM....the Toshiba Tecra M4 appears on my screen.

Specs:

Intel Pentium M 760 (2.0Ghz 2MB L2) - A bit lower than my previous, but the Level 2 Cache makes up for it (the previous was only 1MB Cache).
1GB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz (More latency, but overall faster)
GeForce Go 6600 TE (128MB) - Holy shit, I just almost pissed myself.
80GB 5400RPM Hard Drive - Same as above
CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive - I lost DVD-RW and Lightscribe but I don't need those anyway.

Mind you, this is a Tablet, so I would assume this would be like $2000+.

Well, I almost pissed myself again, the price tag is at $1772.10.

Well damn.

Currently Playing: Chopin - Fantaisie Impromptu

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Omnislash124's Journal