Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Melomane's Journal

Journal Banner
For lack of a better word...

The_Melomane's Journal Statistics
View The_Melomane's profile
Entries 191 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (0.52% of total)
Views 79423
Replies The_Melomane has made 594 comments [view stats]
Comments 1327 comments (6.95 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 99 props given to The_Melomane [who be proppin?]
Buddies 19 buddies
Relation You are not The_Melomane's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Sep 6, 2009 - 12:07 AM
Rats!
I don't know if I should feel disturbed or awesome that my lab partner and I took pictures of eachother dissecting a rat. (Or rather, I dissected it while she flipped the pages of the lab book and then posed with it.)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #190]

Sep 2, 2009 - 04:01 PM
Ban on cloves and flavored tobacco
Has anyone else heard about the bill passed in June? Apparently it became enforced yesterday.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #189]

Jul 25, 2009 - 09:15 PM
Sea Lion Dies of Sex Exhaustion
Quote:
Berlin - A male sea lion from California called Mike has died of exhaustion after over-exerting himself during the mating season in an animal park in Nuremberg, Germany, the city said on Tuesday.

The 19-year-old father of 12 offspring through three different females - Farah, Tiffy and Soda - showed signs of tiredness at around midday on Monday, the southern city said in a statement.

"Mike could no longer get out of the pool and was brought ashore by staff. The extremely weakened animal was treated by a vet but died from acute heart failure around 15:30 (1330 GMT)," it said.

"Mating season is a common time for fatalities when bulls often stop eating for days to devote themselves fully to mating. For sea lion bulls with a harem this is the most exhausting time," it noted.

The statement added that Mike's offspring can be found in zoos as far afield as Berlin, Spain and the Netherlands, and that the 285kg animal was so "good natured" that people could touch him.

"He will be remembered fondly by visitors of the animal park for his appearances during shows in the dolphinarium where he had close contact with the dolphins," it said.

The record age for a sea lion in captivity is 30. In the wild they have a life expectancy of 17.

- Sapa - AFP
http://www.news24.com/Content/SciTec...sex_exhaustion

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #188]

Jul 24, 2009 - 07:21 PM
Hi from the OC
I'm somewhere in Orange County. On the Beach. In actor, Anthony Edwards' beach house with 14 of my relatives. (Aunts & Cousins)

It's fucking beautiful. I've only been here a few hours and I never want to leave. The house isn't even like any normal house I've seen. You don't need A/C. Just open a window and the cool ocean breeze is enough. There's an amazing center court yard and a tiny jungle thing off the side of it. Each room opens to the outside. It's super hard to explain. When I get a chance, I'll go ahead and take a crazy amount of photos. My cousin Hailey and I are sharing a bed. There's 15 of us and 7 beds, so there's going to be a lot of sharing. There's one air mattress and I think one of the younger kids will sleep on the couch.

We already went "swimming" on the beach for a bit. It was SO much fun. I've never been to the ocean before. I mean, I've been to the Hamptons, but this is so much different. I guess I completely forgot that the ocean was SALT water because when the waves pulled me under the first time I had a nasty surprise of salt in my eyes. It stung, but I had so much fun I didn't much care. The waves got pretty bad and I almost drowned, scared the crap out of my mother. I have to say, other than the brief moment of panic not knowing which way was up, it was hella fun. This vacation is going to be so awesome.

We all just took showers. There are literally BUCKETS of sand in places it shouldn't be. My ten year old cousin was kind enough to inform us, "There's so much sand in my vagina it's starting to sting!"

Anyway, at any rate, I'm glad I didn't think up an excuse not to come this year--like the past two years--I really do think I'll have an awesome time.

Anyway, I'll take some photos and show you this AMAZING house.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #187]

Jul 17, 2009 - 12:02 AM
New Place
I move in with a co-worker and friend on August first. It's going to be rockin'. It's the cutest place ever. It's downtown right on Jefferson and Johnson--basically it's two or so blocks to everything awesome and one block away from the Co-Op where I do all my grocery shopping. After work at Village Inn, Tyler and I went to Rachael's house (my future house) and we all sat around smoking hookah and complaining about our new manager, Deb.

Here's a little vent about Deb:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a problem with a member of management or staff, the correct and adult thing is to either discuss the matter with them directly or talk to the GM or another manager about it. So far Jessica, Matt, Rachael and I think one or two other night servers have talked to either Gary(The GM) or Dana(The other night manager) about their issues with Deb. (Keep in mind we only have like 8-10 night severs, so this is a fairly big amount. Sherry, Roger and Amy will never complain because two of them are lifers who don't really care who the management is and how they run and Amy is off to Cedar Falls in August so it doesn't affect her much.) She'll disappear for half an hour to an hour without anyone knowing where she is. Which, when the manager is the person who runs the cash register and gets mad when the host(whose job it is to also run the cash register.) closes checks out, is a big deal. She yells at you if your sidework isn't done within half an hour. (A physical impossibility. Trust me, it takes 15-20 minutes alone just to roll the bucket of silverware we're required to do, much less do our sectiosn and clean the back of the house.) This isn't terribly intolerable, but it's bad enough that it creates difficult and tenuous situations. However, I guess when Gary or Dana talked to Deb about our issues Deb took it the wrong way. Because she took us all back and had a little 'pow wow' to discuss how she didn't want any 'drama' and took the time to basically lie to our faces and make it seem like we were the ones in the wrong for having any issues whatsoever and going through the proper channels to get them solved.

To make matters worse, she's fucking with the schedule. The first time was when she scheduled me during the camping trip. Then to 'punish' me she didn't schedule me at all the next week. At Village Inn, and most restaurants, there are certain shifts that 'belong' to certain severs. The only time this changes is when availability shifts or they request off. Closing shifts ALWAYS go to the strongest servers, and generally those tend to be the servers that have been there the longest, but not always. Well, Jessica normally closes Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm supposed to close with her on Saturdays. Well, Deb had decided she's going to "rotate" closes and give the 5pm-5am shifts to Roger--who doesn't want them, and Amy--who's leaving in two weeks and also doesn't want them. She's taken away ALL of Jessica's closes and my Saturday night close as well. Her excuse for me is that she doesn't want me to work at Olive garden and then come there and work a 12 hour shift. Fuck that, that's my prerogative. If I want to work that much in a weekend and my work ethic isn't affected, there is no reason why I shouldn't have that shift. The worst part is, she didn't notify anyone of these BIG schedule changes until today when the schedule is posted and these changes start TOMORROW. So now, Sherry works from 5pm-5am tomorrow and like me, she has a job in the morning afterwards. The difference? Her's is at 6am and mine is at 11:30am. I really don't see Deb's logic here. She's okay with Sherry getting NO Sleep but not with me getting 5? It's retarded. And now she's cut a bunch of the night severs hours and given them to day crew. So now day crew is getting an average of 50 hours a week per person while night is averaging less than 24 hours a week. Not to mention, after telling her at least THREE times that I'm not available to work Friday nights (I work at Olive Garden) and writing on my availability sheet that I can't work Friday nights, she fucking schedules me Friday night.

And then, when I wrote a note for the GM telling him that when school starts my availability is changing to Sat/Sun days and that I know those are competitive shifts, so if there isn't a position available, then this is my notice that I won't be able to work once school started. I stapled it together so only he would see it. Deb asks what it is and I tell her it's an availability change. She rips it open says she's in charge of my schedule, that my availability has to be the same as when I was hired and that I couldn't work day shifts. (I'm all what. the. fuck.) Needless to say, I made sure I sent Gary an email because I figured he'd never see my message and if he did, it'd be paraphrased by Deb.

Wugh, anyways, yeah, that's my manager rant. I'm mostly pissed because her fucking with my schedule and being an all around bitch is making me lose $100-200 a week.

Anyway, as for my new apartment, I'm in love with everything about it. It's absolutely perfect.

I'm going to California in a week or so for a family vacation. We're staying in Anthony Edwards' house out there since I guess he and my aunt are really close friends. So, it should be interesting.

Saw the sixth HP movie. I need to re-read that book because I guess the only thing I remembered from the book was Dumbledore dying. Everything else felt like it was the first time being introduced to it.

Donated plasma. THAT was an experience. Apparently I have tiny, tiny, tiny veins. The doctor had me in panic mode when he said it was likely they'd have to use both arms because of all the excess bleeding under my skin. Luckily, other than having to use an old people (senior) sized needle, it went without a hitch and I got $30.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #186]

Jul 12, 2009 - 04:21 AM
yay
Just got my first paycheck from village Inn. For working 50 hours, I get $86.66. Being a server fucking rocks.

I'm exhausted. Just worked at Olive Garden from 11:30-4:00 and then at Village inn from 5:00pm-4:00am. I'm so so so tired. As in, my basic level of functioning is pretty much on par with being relatively drunk. I work tomorrow at Olive Garden at 11:30am and then again at Village Inn at 5pm.

I love my 30 hour weekends. And by love I mean...I dunno what I mean. I need the money, so in the end, I guess the marginal utility gained from working exceed the marginal cost of lack of sleep. I dunno.

Have a happy day guys~

PS. Visited my dad's side of the family. Nothing like being called a liberal like it was a curse word and hearing everything compared to "fags" for two days straight to warm the heart. Almost got shot--not really, more like disowned--for saying NASCAR was retarded.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #185]

Jul 4, 2009 - 06:39 PM
Halloween
So, I've decided I'm going to try and make my own costume this year. Usually I either throw one together last minute at goodwill or con my grandma into making one.

I'm going to try and make this

Overall, it seems pretty straightforward. The hardest part really is going to be the amount of fabric and the petticoats underneath it. But, I'm excited. Gonna start in August when I move in to my own place.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #184]

Jun 29, 2009 - 09:39 PM
I reach a new level of fail?
"She's being a fucking bitch."

That's what my step dad said to my mom after I took a dish out of my room and rinsed it off. He clapped saying, "good job" and some other stuff.(Not in a nice way, in a sarcastic, he's a jerk way.) All because I ate something in my room and he doesn't want me to do that.

And now they're fighting.

My search for a new apartment has been renewed with a fervor. Because I don't want my mom to get yelled at because of things I'm doing wrong. (Even if I do what I'm supposed to, I still get in trouble.)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #183]

Jun 24, 2009 - 09:41 PM
What do I do?
So, my friends and I have had plans to go camping for about a month. We requested off the dates for it that early too. Two and a half weeks ago I got a new job at Village Inn(my old job) and I told them in the interview(before I officially had the job) that I would be camping this weekend and would not be able to work no matter what. Well, low and behold they schedule me a 5pm-3am shift on Saturday. Not any other day mind you, but Saturday.

After completely breaking down for five minutes, (I've been super stressed out between my two jobs and this whole planning for the camping trip isn't going well at all.) I mentioned to my mom that I guess I'll be working and not camping on Saturday and she kind of flips out. She says that since it's a pre-existing plan, one I had BEFORE I took the job and told them about prior to scheduling that they had to give me those days off.

She's been a manager at a bar and grill for about 18 years, so I know her opinion holds some weight, but I don't feel that going in and telling them that since I already had plans I won't be coming in is going to work. It says on the schedule book that requests off are just that "requests." They don't always have to give them.

So, I dunno. I don't know at all. Do I go in tomorrow and tell them that there is no way that I will working on Saturday. (Part of my cringes at the $120+ that I'll be forgoing by not working) Or do I leave camping early and go work, and t hen spend the rest of my camping weekend utterly exhausted and in general unpleasant?

I think I'm going to cry again. This whole two jobs thing is not all it's cracked up to be. I haven't been sleeping well. I work 25 hour weekends and my weeks are a confusing mess. I only have one full day off. I either work at one job or the other or both. I've been perpetually tired the last two weeks.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (21 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #182]

Jun 19, 2009 - 03:28 PM
ITE: Melo goes on 2 dates
So, I've been talking to about 6 or 8 people regularly on this dating website I've been on. And this week two of them decided to ask me out on a date. They were both super fun to chat with, so I figured, why not?

So, on Thursday, I meet with this guy name Stuart. It's not a romantic date or anything, we had originally just planned to go on an adventure to find this really great pizza place called Mesa. We hit it off really well, and decided that since both of us were relatively short of cash--pay day wasn't until Friday/Saturday--that we'd rent a few comedies from the library and go to his place to watch them. We chose his place because I'm living with my parents. We decide to get "Hamlet 2" because it looked like it might be funny. (Terrible, terrible movie, by the way. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.) And then we watched an old Weird Al flick called "UHF" or something. Great, great movie. We ordered pizza(we each paid half, which is something I'm a fan of. I hate people paying for me.), hung out with his roommate and smoke. All in all, it was a great time. Definitely someone I'll hang out with again. Not in a romantic setting--this is sort of our unspoken agreement, it seems. And I don't have a problem with that. So yeah, great guy, great time, definitely would fit in with my group of friends.

Then, today I had a date with this guy named Jacques. He seemed like a really fun guy when we chatted. And for the most part, he is pretty cool. First off, when I meet him, he's like literally the same height as me. I'm really short, only five feet two inches. I'm not terribly vain, so it's not a deal breaker or anything, but it was odd. We went out to a more upscale place called "Atlas". (Similar in 'class' to Olive Garden, I suppose. But dinner is more expensive. Averaging $20-30 a plate.) I suggested it because I hadn't been there and I had a $15 gift card for it. He seemed a little upset that I wanted to pay for my share, but I wasn't going to argue and I let him pay the bill. (Lunch was really cheap. Like $18 so my coupon covered most of it anyway. not that it matters i suppose.) We decide to go for a walk. We walk along the river just chatting. I notice my shoes are giving me a blister, and think nothign of it other than I should have worn different flats. We chat. It's not the greatest conversation, but it's interesting. He decided we should sit for a bit. I notice my ankle is covered in blood. (My shoes have honest to god never given me blisters before and I wear them all the time. So I'm not sure what's upw ith that.) We keep walking, but head back in a circle. Blah blah blah, anyway, long story short. It was boring. It was potentially really romantic, but for some reason I just wasn't in to him. I mean, there were times he'd try to sit close and I'd just lean the other way. I felt bad, but not bad enough to actually like try to hug him or anything. We ended the date with an awkward handshake and an I'll talk to you later. This is me saying it and doing. He was trying to ask when the next time we'd hang out was. I feel kind of bad, but in the end not really.

So yeah. Two dates. Two different outcomes.

I dunno what to think. LOL

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #181]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Melomane's Journal