Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal

Journal Banner

Freelance's Journal Statistics
View Freelance's profile
Entries 690 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 11 entries are private (1.59% of total)
Views 249853
Replies Freelance has made 1850 comments [view stats]
Comments 3599 comments (5.22 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 253 props given to Freelance [who be proppin?]
Buddies 18 buddies
Relation You are not Freelance's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jul 17, 2006 - 06:38 AM
My new avatar/sig theme
I was having trouble coming up with a new avatar/sig theme after "Name Yourself After A Video Game" week expired. I've pretty much exhausted the vast majority of my interests, and I wanted to do something new. Then I realized all my avatars/sigs are usually based on a video game or an anime, never anything regarding my American interests other than The Sims 2.

So yeah, in the next little bit, all my avatars/sigs will feature some of my favourite American animated characters, the first of which will be Ed, my favourite hyena from The Lion King.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Jul 16, 2006 - 07:55 PM
Sims 2 University
I got Sims 2: University just several days ago, and boy, what a chore that is. Going to college is not fun at all. In order to get high grades, you basically have to work like a dog. Day in and day out you're going to class and completing a gazillion assignments. There's like, zilch time to actually relax and go to the mall or something. I can't even make any friends with fellow students since time sure doesn't allow you to do so. Despite the crappiness of college, however, the new items and interactions are darn cool, like that funny bonfire dance and that bubble blower. The MP3 player is a hideous green though. Like ewwww....

My favourite expansion is still Nightlife, for you actually get to relax and go out on the town, plus all those new romantic interactions, and cars and things. I'm very excited for the new pets expansion. Whooo!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Jul 16, 2006 - 06:25 AM
I had a weird dream last night
Okay, in my dream I was in a room with lots of pipes and stuff. Apparently the world was in a state of terror because there were some other-worldly monsters with mini-guns attached to their arms roaming around and they weren't afraid to use them on anyone they've seen. They resembled mutated humans in case anyone wanted to know.

So here I was in this room trying not to get killed by one such monster by hiding behind pipes and things. There was another guy with me, but he got vaporized. I ran into another room, but much larger and taller. That's when I saw the giant UFO hovering there. It was using a tractor beam to bring up lots of victims, and more UFOs came in, picking up people left and right.

That's when the dream started shifting over to a Futurama episode. Several characters were caught in the beam and it was up to me to rescue them from whatever fate awaited them. Unfortunately, that's also when I woke up. Darnit! Just when it was getting interesting too.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Jul 12, 2006 - 08:16 AM
Is Classical Animation Dead?
Nowadays all you ever see is CGI animated movies. Call me crazy, but I've always preferred good ol' hand drawn (ie classical) animation to computer generated stuff, and as far as I know, it looks like those days are long over. Then again, Disney's last traditional animated movie was atrocious (Home on The Range if you really want to know), sooo I don't really know what I want here...

I really appreciate the amount of detail animators put into their works for classically animated stuff, and the fact they're basically drawing over 10,000 frames of animation for one movie. They must really love their job to be able to draw the same character over and over and over without getting bored. I'm sure the same thing applies to CGI stuff, but I think it takes more effort to do the same thing by hand. That's only my opinion though, so don't bash me for that, haha. Hand drawn stuff is also nicer to look at too, and again, that's only my opinion as well.

As far as I know, Japan is still sticking with hand drawn movies. Unfortunately, I don't find them as compelling as the older hand drawn American movies of the past, although the animation itself is excellent. That I can't complain with :3

Of course, I'm not saying all CGI is bad. If you're good at it, you can make lots of amazing stuff, but I just wish America would start making more traditional movies again, as that's my personal preference. I realize CGI is the big 'in' thing right now, but that doesn't mean that's the ONLY thing they should make.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (16 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Jul 11, 2006 - 08:29 PM
My Daily Life In Japan (VG related)
Well okay, so I've never actually been there, but my dad and my little sister has went there for several days. Naturally, I asked them to get me some neat imported stuff while they're enjoying themselves there, namely Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure and other little misc knicknacks of Shikamaru and other characters.

I didn't actually expect them to get either game for me, but imagine my surprise when my little sister called me today and asked me, "You know Naruto 4? Who's gonna pay for it?" Well, of course I'm going to be paying for it, I told her. It's my game, you know. Well anyway, that's what they got me so like, wahoo! I finally got my paws on the thing. Now I bet they'll announce a fifth game in two months

Too bad they couldn't get me DB AA too, though. I'd like to get the Japanese version as opposed to the NA version that just came out this June. The Japanese version had Japanese sound bytes and instrumental versions of some songs from the show. The European version had replaced those tracks with generic video gaming music, but the Japanese sound bytes were left intact. The NA version, unfortunately, not only has the generic music, but the sound bytes were replaced with...with...well, I don't know! I haven't played that version. I just heard about it somewhere. Rats.

Currently Playing: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy VII)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Jul 6, 2006 - 05:52 PM
I got the AC: Reunion Files today, wot!
Great
Yayy...yesterday I got my Tales of Symphonia figure, and today I get the book. Awesome. Now I just have to wait for Fenrir to ship.

Anyway, the book smells very nice, like it just came from a car dealership. I haven't read much of it yet, but it's got some funny information. Did you know that Nomura used to call the Buster Sword the 'Giant Kitchen Knife?' The last cell phone message on Cloud's phone was originally going to be from Aeris, but they thought it sounded too creepy so they took it out

I flipped through some pages and there's some neat CGI shots and stuff, plus information on the various AC figures that came out. Surprisingly, the images of the Cloud figure they used for the book were from the NA release. I can only assume that they thought the Japanese Cloud figure look craptastic. I've seen images of it online and it really does look hideous

If anyone wants any information from the book, just mention it here and I'll try to look for it when I have the time.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Jul 5, 2006 - 05:49 PM
I got my Tales of Symphonia figure today!
Happy
I never knew such figures existed...until I was browsing at play-asia.com for no reason and stumbled upon them. In fact, there's 2 sets of figures from 2 separate companies. I was hyper 'cause I never expected figures to be made from this game, and I reaaaaaaly wanted at least one of them.

I couldn't resist the temptation, so I ordered one (the other set was sold out) and hoped that I wouldn't get Collette or Genis. It's basically a random box so you don't know who's inside until you open it. Unfortunately, I had the wrong address in my account there and they had already shipped the item before I could inform them of the error. They were nice about it, though. They said they'd contact me again if the item gets returned.

Fortunately, the item did arrive today, but the stupid postman thought it was cool to squish the package into the mailslot (I live in an apartment). I had to get the management to get my package out, wrecking the box inside in the process. PPpft.

Luckily for me, the box wasn't too badly damaged, and I got Sheena, yay! I had hoped to get either Sheena or Lloyd the most, so I am happy I wasn't stuck with the people I didn't want. It's not one of the variants (the same figures, but with a lot cooler weapons), but it's still very cool. Why do figures always look a lot better in person then from images on websites? Really, pics don't do figs justice.

They gave me some various stickers too.

The characters you can get are Sheena, Lloyd, Kratos, Genis, Collette and Presea. Zelos is a secret character. Only Raine and Regal are missing. Can't be a coincidence that they both start with the letter 'R.' Each character has a variant, so there's a total of 14 different figures you can get.

P.S. Play-Asia.com also sent me a coupon for $5 off if you order at least $50 US worth of items. I don't plan on using it, so if any of you want it, let me know.

Here are some pics of my figure:

And for a special pic, here are the current poses for my Cloud and Squall figures:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Jul 4, 2006 - 07:07 AM
FFII woes. Does this ever happen to you in RPGs?
Okay, so after I won FF on the Dawn of Souls GBA game, I started up FFII. So okay, with my new band of adventurers, I was on my way to the castle at the beginning of the game, which is after the 2nd town. I beat up on all the monsters in the area and didn't bother to save since I was in no danger of dying anytime soon. On my way to the castle, however, I think I went too far north and bypassed it. I was about to head back south when I was attacked by some land turtles, of which I have never seen before. I attacked them and dealt zero damage. Must be their shells. Okay, so I thought it was better if I just ran away since I couldn't hit them anyway.

While my party was trying to run away, the turtles attacked and they...wiped out my entire party, dealing over 100 damage.

I don't know about you, but enemies this strong SHOULDN'T show up at the very beginning of the game. I mean, WTF? Who's the idiot who decided to put them there? I was doing well with my party too. Arrgh...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Jul 2, 2006 - 09:03 PM
Final Fantasy and AC: Reunion Files
Happy
Man, I'm happy. After defeating the last optional boss (who of which was hard, by the way), I went to fight the final boss in Final Fantasy (Dawn of Souls version). I had my ninja (Locke) cast Temper magic on my warrior (Reno) anf my monk (Squall) over and over to get their attack power up (it's stackable too), while my white mage (Jammer) healed at every round. Without Temper, there's just absolutely no way I could win, as you can only deal around 10 damage otherwise, and the final boss has 30,000 HP. Also, I didn't have a black mage, so I didn't have access to powerful spells. Thank god I had a ninja in my party, or else I never would've been able to get Temper.

The ending is just so lame. I have the endings in old games because they're never anything more but a background with loads of scrolling text for you to read. Man, that's so boring.

This version of FF is a far cry from the original game for the NES. I bloody hated it when I first played it ages ago. It was just so damn HARD. There's only four in your party, and you can encounter as many as 9(!) monsters in a battle, and they could do a lot more damage than you. I specifically remember Nintendo Power saying to bring along 99 potions to the first dungeon. 99!!! WTF? That's the total amount of items you can get at once!!!

The Dawn of Souls FF version in comparison is VERY EASY. There is absolutely no challenge whatsoever. They messed the levelling up system, enabling your party to get stronger far earlier than normal. Even thieves, who shouldn't be dealing huge amounts of damage, is doing so in this game. As a consequence, while enemies are hitting you for say, 20 damage, you're hitting them back for over 400 : / You can win ANY battle by just pressing the 'A' button over and over. The only hard enemies are some of the OPTIONAL bosses. All the normal bosses, aside from the final boss, was easy.

Now that I'm done with this game, I'm going to start FFII. I heard it's more challenging and actually has a story-driven plot, quite unlike the first game, where nobody in your party had names or even talked, and the story was as basic as they come.

I have another reason to be happy. I got an email today from yesasia.com that my AC: Reunion Files has shipped. Awesome.

Currently Playing: Danshi Team (Digimon Tamers)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal