Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal

Journal Banner

Freelance's Journal Statistics
View Freelance's profile
Entries 690 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 11 entries are private (1.59% of total)
Views 249905
Replies Freelance has made 1850 comments [view stats]
Comments 3599 comments (5.22 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 253 props given to Freelance [who be proppin?]
Buddies 18 buddies
Relation You are not Freelance's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 26, 2011 - 11:49 AM
CANAL CRUISE PART 2
Response to: CANAL CRUISE by Freelance

Erm, didn't have time to post anything yesterday so today I will be nice and post all the rest of my canal cruise photos today in two separate posts. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Next update is later on today with the rest of the cruise, and next week I'll wrap up Bruges and we'll see the next leg of the journey, Amsterdam Netherlands!

Response entries:
CANAL CRUISE PART 3 by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #639]

Jun 19, 2011 - 09:07 AM
CANAL CRUISE
Response to: BASILICA OF THE HOLY BLOOD, CHOCO-STORY, FRIET MUSEUM by Freelance

Got a messload of photos from the canal cruise. Here's a batch. More next week.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Response entries:
CANAL CRUISE PART 2 by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #638]

Jun 18, 2011 - 11:48 AM
BASILICA OF THE HOLY BLOOD, CHOCO-STORY, FRIET MUSEUM
Response to: BRUGES by Freelance

three locations today in Bruges.

Basilica of the Holy Blood
Built in the 12th century, it contains a relic of the Holy Blood. Went hunting forever to find the place, only to find out it was right in the main square. >_>
No cameras were allowed upstairs but everyone was taking photos and nobody stopped them so I took photos too.

Spoiler:

CHOCO-STORY
It's a chocolate museum. I liked the little Lego sets.

Spoiler:

What's in dark chocolate.

Milk chocolate.

White chocolate.

FRIET MUSEUM
A french fry museum. It's the only fry museum in the world and it has info on how potatoes were discovered and how fries are made and other random info. By the way, Belgian fries are much tastier than American type fries. Other than the actual fry shop at the end, I like the potato that looks like a puma's paw and the potato that looks like several potatoes lumped together. Try peeling that.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tomorrow I'll start with the canal cruise.

Response entries:
CANAL CRUISE by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #637]

Jun 12, 2011 - 09:33 AM
BRUGES
Response to: BRUGES, BELGIUM by Freelance

Continuing Bruges from yesterday, but first...

Spoiler:

The original res of these photos is 4320 x 3240 so if you ever see any photos you want to use for wallpaper or whatever, let me know and I'll send it over.

BRUGES

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

RANDOM BRIC-BRAC AND FOOD

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now for the morale of this post: Save Water, Drink Beer.

Next week I will post photos of the Basilica of the Holy Blood, Choco-Story and the Frite Museum.

Response entries:
BASILICA OF THE HOLY BLOOD, CHOCO-STORY, FRIET MUSEUM by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #636]

Jun 11, 2011 - 12:19 PM
BRUGES, BELGIUM
Response to: BRUSSELS by Freelance

Bruges is the capital and largest city of the province of West Flanders in the Flemish Region of Belgium. It is located in the northwest of the country.

The historic city centre is a prominent World Heritage Site of UNESCO. It is oval-shaped and about 430 hectares in size. The area of the whole city amounts to more than 13,840 hectares, including 1,075 hectares off the coast, at Zeebrugge. The city's total population is 117,073 (1 January 2008),[3] of which around 20,000 live in the historic centre. The metropolitan area, including the outer commuter zone, covers an area of 616 km² and has a total of 255,844 inhabitants as of 1 January 2008. *

Bruges

The original res of these photos is 4320 x 3240 so if you ever see any photos you want to use for wallpaper or whatever, let me know and I'll send it over.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A restaurant I went to.

Spoiler:

* got this crap from Wiki

Response entries:
BRUGES by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #635]

Jun 5, 2011 - 10:39 AM
BRUSSELS
Response to: GRAND PLACE, BRUSSELS by Freelance

Here's the rest of the Brussels photos before I left for Bruges. Next week will be of Bruges, naturally.

Spoiler:

Manneken Pis in costume!

This statue gives you good luck when you touch it. I forgot what it's called though.

Beef cocked in trappist beer. Does that mean it's standing on the plate?

A restaurant I went to. I had the pancakes. It's much thinner than American pancakes, but just as good. Europeans like to put toppings on their pancakes, usually fruit. They had an awesome old fashioned cash register.

Spoiler:

SUBWAY
Much roomier than the crap subways I have here.

Spoiler:

2 cute doggies!

Spoiler:

Response entries:
BRUGES, BELGIUM by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #634]

Jun 4, 2011 - 11:54 AM
GRAND PLACE, BRUSSELS
Response to: ST. MICHAEL AND ST. GUDULA CATHEDRAL by Freelance

Oops it looks like I forgot to post an update on May 29th. My fault. Well, to continue from where I left off last week, today will just show more random (chocolate) shots of Brussels and the Grand Place.

GRAND PLACE

The Grand Place is the central square of Brussels. It is surrounded by guildhalls, the city's Town Hall, and the Breadhouse. The square is the most important tourist destination and most memorable landmark in Brussels, along with the Atomium and Manneken Pis. It measures 68 by 110 metres (223 by 360 ft), and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

BRUSSELS

Spoiler:

LE PAIN QUOTIDIEN

A chain of restaurants that specializes in breads. Went there twice.

MUSEE HORTA

Victor Horta was a Belgian architect and designer. John Julius Norwich described him as "undoubtedly the key European Art Nouveau architect." The museum is in a house that he built. It has been designated as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Unfortunately, no photos were allowed but wow, it was pretty cool. It had several floors and some neat layouts. I took pics of the building but I grabbed some pics online for the interior.

RANDOM SHOTS

Spoiler:

Belgian fries! So good!

CHOCOLATE!

Spoiler:

POSING DOG

Spoiler:

On the last day at Brussels, I saw the dog again but this time he had a companion.

Tomorrow I'll finish up Brussels and next week I will start on Bruges, a small Belgian town with canals.

Response entries:
BRUSSELS by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #633]

May 28, 2011 - 11:23 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to change the tire.
YouTube Video

Response entries:
Rubber... No Reason by JammerLea

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #632]

May 28, 2011 - 12:40 PM
ST. MICHAEL AND ST. GUDULA CATHEDRAL
Response to: BRUSSELS, LE PETIT SABLON, ROYAL PALACE by Freelance

Um, it's a cathedral.

St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral

Spoiler:

ARTIFACTS AND CRAP

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

UNDERGROUND CRAP

Spoiler:

STAINED GLASS WINDOWS CRAP
Because they look pretty and stuff.

Spoiler:

Save the best for last.

Tomorrow will be the Grand Place and some random Brussels shots.

Response entries:
GRAND PLACE, BRUSSELS by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #631]

May 22, 2011 - 09:55 AM
BRUSSELS, LE PETIT SABLON, ROYAL PALACE
Response to: BELGIUM and NETHERLANDS TRIP by Freelance

Today's entry will have lots more random shots of Brussels, plus two locales, The Sablon Square and the Royal Palace.

Sablon is an area filled with art-y type stores and chocolate. Well, the entire city has chocolate so this area isn't any different. WITTAMER, is exclusive there in Brussels and I had a delicious hot chocolate. MMmmmm....

Le Petit Sablon is a small park with a fountain.

LE PETIT SABLON

Spoiler:

BRUSSELS

Spoiler:

La Cure Gourmande.

Neuhaus.

Spoiler:

European escalators are awesome. They don't move until you get close to it, thus saving energy and whatnot.

An automated shopping vending machine with food and other necessities in case all the grocery stores are closed and you desperately need something.

Spoiler:

The WITTAMER café.

A music museum. I didn't go inside but the architecture is awesome.

The hotel I stayed at, just minutes from a train station.

WITTAMER chocolate.

THE ROYAL PALACE

The Royal Palace of Brussels is the official palace of the King of the Belgians in the centre of the nation's capital Brussels. However it is not used as a royal residence. *

The palace wasn't open to the public I didn't take many shots.

Spoiler:

*Taken from Wiki

Next week will be the St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral, the Grand Place and more shots of Brussels. If there's room I could add some shots from Bruges.

Response entries:
ST. MICHAEL AND ST. GUDULA CATHEDRAL by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #630]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal