Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal

Journal Banner

Freelance's Journal Statistics
View Freelance's profile
Entries 690 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 11 entries are private (1.59% of total)
Views 249741
Replies Freelance has made 1850 comments [view stats]
Comments 3599 comments (5.22 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 253 props given to Freelance [who be proppin?]
Buddies 18 buddies
Relation You are not Freelance's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Sep 3, 2011 - 12:05 PM
KEUKENHOF GARDENS PART 1
Response to: AMSTERDAM by Freelance

Welcome to the highlight of the Netherlands tour, a trip to the largest flower garden in the world. I have over 200 photos just for this place alone, so I am dividing them all into three separate entries this weekend.

*Where Keukenhof is situated now, was a hunting area in the 15th century. Herbs for the kitchen of the castle of Jacoba van Beieren were also collected here; hence the name Keukenhof.

The current park was a section of the sizeable estate of Slot Teylingen, with beautiful untamed bushes and dunes. After the decease of Jacoba van Beieren Keukenhof fell into the hands of rich merchant families. Baron and baroness Van Pallandt invited landscape architects J.D. and L.P. Zocher, designers of the Amsterdam Vondelpark, to make a design for the garden around the castle. This design, in the English landscape style, has always been the basis of Keukenhof.

At the moment the estate belongs to a Foundation. On the initiative of the Lisse mayor of that time and a number of leading flower bulb growers and exporters, an open air flower exhibition was organised here for the first time in 1949. This expanded to an annually recurring event that has always drawn great numbers of visitors from all over the world. This is how Keukenhof became the park that we now know.

FACTS and FIGURES

-4.5 million tulips in 100 different varieties are located here.
-There's 15km of footpaths.
-It covers 32 hectares and 7 million flower bulbs are planted annually.
-There's more than 2,500 trees in 87 varieties
-It is the largest sculpture park in the Netherlands.
-It is the most photographed placed in the world.
-In the last 60 years Keukenhof has attracted 44 million visitors.

*Taken from the official website.

P.S. Not all photos are of the flowers. The park also has a little petting zoo and some birds in giant cages. Also, you can bring your dogs inside too so I grabbed some shots of those.

FLOWER FIELDS

Spoiler:

KEUKENHOF

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Next update (probably tonight) will continue the Keukenhof showcase. Loads more flowers, closeups and otherwise, coming soon!

Response entries:
KEUKENHOF GARDENS PART 2 by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #659]

Sep 2, 2011 - 11:36 AM
AMSTERDAM
Response to: OUDE KERK and BEGIJNHOF by Freelance

Here are the last random shots I have of Amsterdam. I got stuff like train stations, more shots of the little carnival at night, stuff inside a cannabis shop and some random food.

Spoiler:

I had this delicious BLT sandwich.

A tuna sandwich thing.

Cute egg containers.

Life inside a cannabis shop

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Night shots

Tomorrow is going to be a big day to wrap up the rest of the Netherlands. I have 220 photos of the Keukenhof Gardens, the largest flower garden in the world. This is a must see for anyone who likes flowers. Due to the large number of photos I will most likely have to split them up into 3 separate entries with around 75 photos each; either 2 tomorrow and 1 on Sunday or vice versa.

Response entries:
KEUKENHOF GARDENS PART 1 by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #658]

Aug 28, 2011 - 02:36 PM
OUDE KERK and BEGIJNHOF
Response to: MUSEUM VAN LOON by Freelance

Not much of an update today as there's not many photos and you'll find out why.

Oude Kerk is a Gothic Protestant church and when I was in the city they were holding some sort of seminar which lasted several days so the church was off limits. There was also scaffolding everywhere which was pretty 'ugh' when trying to take photos from behind the barrier. Lame.

OUDE KERK

Spoiler:

BEGIJNHOF

Begijnhof is one of the oldest inner courts in Amsterdam. One of the two wooden houses in the city is located here.

Spoiler:

The wooden house.

Next time will be the random Amsterdam shots. Also, I will be having lots more free time starting next week meaning I don't necessarily have to update every weekend so I can potentially finish showing all these photos a lot sooner.

Response entries:
AMSTERDAM by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #657]

Aug 27, 2011 - 10:31 AM
MUSEUM VAN LOON
Response to: MUSEUM AMSTELKRING by Freelance

In the heart of Amsterdam on the Keizersgracht stands the house of the Amsterdam regent family Van Loon. In 1602 Willem van Loon co-founded the Dutch East-India Company. Six days a week the family opens their home and collection tot the public.

In one of the finest canal houses of the city people can get a glimpse of the life of the Amsterdam Van Loon family. *

Taken from official website.

VAN LOON MUSEUM

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

THESE DRAPES ARE NOT REAL!

I'm guessing that's one elaborate birdhouse.

Spoiler:

Tomorrow I will show photos of Oude Kerk (it's a church, people) and some more random shots of Amsterdam.

Response entries:
OUDE KERK and BEGIJNHOF by Freelance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #656]

Aug 21, 2011 - 07:11 PM
MUSEUM AMSTELKRING

Also known as "Our Lord in the Attic," this site is a 3 story Catholic church on top of a 17th century canal house. At the time it was built, it was not allowed to worship in public so they held services in secret.

The photos include the actual house (kitchen, etc), and the church itself. Unfortunately the church was under renovations and lots of items were removed so it wasn't that exciting when there's nothing there to really look at. Some rooms were devoid of objects. They were selling tickets at a discounted price though because of it. I took pics of the stairs too to show how narrow they are. Amsterdam is full of these narrow stairs.

MUSEUM AMSTELKRING

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Next week I will show the Van Loon Museum, a house owned by the famous Van Loon family. They were the last people to own the house and founded the museum.

Response entries:
MUSEUM VAN LOON by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #655]

Aug 21, 2011 - 09:10 AM
AMSTERDAM
Response to: TOUR 1: ZAANSE SCHANS by Freelance

More random shots of Amsterdam. Totally forgot to do an update yesterday. Sorry!

Spoiler:

A famous sculpture. It had to be chained up after several robberies.

A statue commemorating prostitution.

Spoiler:

Hotel hallway.

I may do another update later to make up for yesterday. If so, it will be photos of the Our Lord in the Attic Museum.

Response entries:
MUSEUM AMSTELKRING by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #654]

Aug 14, 2011 - 09:03 AM
TOUR 1: ZAANSE SCHANS
Response to: TOUR 1: VOLENDAM by Freelance

The last leg of Tour 1 is Zaanse Schans, a windmill village that's teeming with, erm, windmills. Featured in the tour, aside from the windmills that is, is how cheeses are made. The brown sheep were cute.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Next week will be about the second tour I went to, the red light district. Contrary to what you've just been told, the majority of the photos are pretty much just shots of buildings and streets. Ah well, you might like one certain sculpture.

Response entries:
AMSTERDAM by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #653]

Aug 13, 2011 - 11:04 AM
TOUR 1: VOLENDAM
Response to: TOUR 1: MARKEN by Freelance

Another quaint fishing village on the next leg of tour 1, but this time I am actually on the pier and it was fun looking at the bajillion boats stationed here.

THE BOAT RIDE
In the last entry you saw the boat that will take us to Volendam. I love sailing boats which is why this entry is literally swarming with them.

Spoiler:

VOLENDAM

Spoiler:

The restaurant I went to. It wouldn't be right to not eat fish at a fishing village.

Spoiler:

The tour had to walk to a major street to get to the bus that will take us to Zaanse schans, the last stop.

Tomorrow will be the Zaanse schans, a famous windmill village and also the last stop on the tour.

Response entries:
TOUR 1: ZAANSE SCHANS by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #652]

Aug 7, 2011 - 10:57 AM
TOUR 1: MARKEN

Here we are on our first tour. Marken is the first stop, a quaint fishing village where you learn how to fish! Kidding. It's clogs. They use these machines that pretty much gouges a hole in the wood and viola! Instant clogs.

ON THE WAY TO MARKEN
You get to see NEMO again.

Spoiler:

MARKEN

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Walking to the docks.

The next stop on our tour is a boat ride to Volendam, another quaint fishing village where even Miffy items can be found. All that next week!

P.S. It's my damn birthday next Wednesday!

Response entries:
TOUR 1: VOLENDAM by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #651]

Aug 6, 2011 - 12:00 PM
AMSTERDAM
Response to: CANAL CRUISE AMSTERDAM PART 3 by Freelance

Today will mostly be of random pics of the city, including a one of a kind condom shop that had actually been closed a few times before it was allowed to be reopened. In addition there's also Anne Frank's house, what little you see of it. Better stuff coming tomorrow.

RANDOM STUFF

Spoiler:

A Chinese restaurant

The Miffy stuff my sister got. I got a fluffy coin purse thingie that you can see half of in the left side.

Canal stuff and another house boat.

Another restaurant. I had the pancakes with pineapple.

Spoiler:

Cheese shop.

Condom shop.

ANNE FRANK'S HOUSE

One of the most popular tourist attractions, everyday has huge lineups as evidenced in these photos.

Spoiler:

That's it. No photos are allowed inside and it's way too crowded and tiny to take photos covertly. The stairs are a killer, just like everywhere else in the Netherlands. They're very narrow and also very steep so you have to watch your step. I don't see how any elderly people could possibly navigate them. I saw the bookcase (well, it's actually not the true one but oh well) that hid the hidden room to the back. There's a roomy hallway with videos you can watch. The tree that she mentioned in the diary had been torn off in a storm. You can see the stump. Oddly enough I didn't seem to take a photo of it.

Tomorrow I will start with the photos from the first tour, a trip to the fishing villages of Marken and Volendam and also Zaanse schans, a windmill village.

Response entries:
TOUR 1: MARKEN by Freelance

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #650]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal