Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
DukeBox's Journal

Journal Banner
Doctor/Surgeon-in-training

DukeBox's Journal Statistics
View DukeBox's profile
Entries 8 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 2001
Replies DukeBox has made 39 comments [view stats]
Comments 10 comments (1.25 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1 props given to DukeBox [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not DukeBox's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 4, 2006 - 09:59 PM
Kurt Russel VS Robin Williams, in a battle to the DEATH!!
So last night I decided to take my gf to a movie on the spur of the moment. Pickings were slim, and eventually we had to decide between RV or Poseidon

... Unfortunately, I noticed in the trailer that Poseidon had Kurt Russel in it, and he really shits me up the wall

I swear, Kurt Russel is one of the few people capable of having any film he stars in, no matter what it's potential, turn out to be a heap of shit (...... Okay, yes, with the exception of Stargate, which is was still awesome despite his presence ). Val Kilmer, I believe, also has this ability

Also, for some reason when I saw the trailer for Poseidon, all my brain could do was scream at me "TITANIC 2"

Anyway, I do digress

So we ended up seeing RV (the fact that I'm a massive fan of Robin Williams helped the decision somewhat too ). I was very veeeery skeptical about the movie though, and so went in with very low expectations. However, I have to say, that my gf and I actually quite enjoyed the movie. Sure it won't win movie of the year, but it was entertaining and wasn't painful like some other comedies I've seen... And let's face it, Robin Williams is a funny man
(okay, so I lied, this entry isn't about what would happen if Kurt Russel and Robin Williams got in a death match.... but I'll leave that up to you do decide who would win that fight )

Currently Playing: with fire

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Jun 3, 2006 - 03:29 AM
Transformers... Now sexier ^__~
Some leaked photos of a couple of vehicles to be used in the upcoming Transformers live action movie have made their way onto the net:

(NOTE: Click on the images below for enlarged versions)

2006 Chevrolet Camaro (concept car) --> Bumblebee Post-reformat

Ford/Saleen Mustang --> Decepticon police car

1980 Camaro --> Bumblebee Pre-reformat

See also THIS SITE

You may be wondering why there are two cars for Bumblebee, and why he gets reformated. Apparently, at the start of the movie, Bumblebee is supposed to be an absolute clunker/shit-box car. He is heavily damaged to the point of not being able to communicate properly, and so he's lying low. His cover gets blown by the above decepticon cop car, and during a fight sequence he is pretty owned while trying to protect the main character. Anyway, he gets reformatted (not quite sure of the details of the reformat, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the Creation Matrix or something), and when he returns, he's the new sleek and sexy Camaro you see at the top of the page ^____^

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Jun 2, 2006 - 08:59 AM
Trivia Time!!
Okay, these are the trivia questions that I can remember from the Trivia Night. Have fun! ^__^ (and try not to use Google... that's just cheap ). If I remember any more, I'll add them to this post
  1. Name nine US states that have double letters (e.g. like the two p's in "happy") (9 points)
  2. Who was Australia's first Prime Minister (1 point)
  3. Which actor said "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn", and in which movie? (2 points)
  4. In what year did the first trans-pacific flight occur? (1 point)
  5. What was the date that Princess Diana died? (3 points)
  6. In which Australian state is "Lake Disappointment" located? (1 point)
  7. In the english language, there are two words that contain all of the vowels in reverse order (u, o, i, e, a)? (2 points)
  8. Which iconic American person was born in 1926 and died in 1962? (1 point)
  9. What is the Western-most point of Australia? (1 point)
  10. Which are the only two countries to have attended every one of the MODERN olympic games? (2 points)
  11. How many sections are there in the Australian constitution? (1 point)
  12. Which two films has Tom Hanks won Best Actor Academy Awards for? (1 point)
  13. What are the three ingredients for the cocktail, "The White Russian"? (3 points)
  14. How many sides does a Icosidodecahedron have? (1 point)
  15. In the nursery rhyme, "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly", what was the last thing the old lady swallowed? (1 point)
  16. How many grams are there in a ounce? (1 point)
  17. True or false. A tsunami is able to travel as fast as a jet plane? (1 point)
  18. What is the alcohol content of a standard bottle of Bundaberg Rum? (1 point)
  19. Which company currently sits at the top of the "Fortune 500" list?
  20. Which celebrity died outside LAs famour Viper Room?

Currently Playing: Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Jun 2, 2006 - 02:42 AM
In pursuit of Trivia and Wooden Spoons
So last night was the med school's annual Trivia night (at the uni bar... Free wedges + Cheap jugs = Nice ). Around 10 to 12 teams entered (10 members allowed per team)... And out of all of them, my team (dubbed "Assorted Nuts") came DEAD LAST ... Well, damn, doesn't that suck

Half our team members, unfortunately, decided not to show up, which didn't help our cause, either. On the up-side, our half-team now proudly owns the 2006 Trivia Wooden Spoons, perhaps indicating that we should take up cooking rather than trivia battles.

Regardless, it was a fun night. Watching the MC slowly get progressively more drunk while fending off foam stressballs thrown in his general direction was just one of the amusing events as the night progressed.

Anyway, if I have some time later, I might post a couple of the trivia questions that I can remember here for my fellow GFF'ers to try their hands at ^___^

Currently Playing: Hellsing OST1 - World Without Logos

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

May 30, 2006 - 09:05 AM
Things of uni and gym
Well, I'm once again running on less than 5 hours sleep again, so I know that another week of studying medicine has started (this is also a reason why I sleep in massively on weekends ).

THINGS OF UNI
We've officially moved on from studying musculoskeletal and made a start on neuro... Man, this is gonna be a scary block... So much to learn ^^; Had a three hour PBL today ("problem-based-learning" tute, where they give you a clinical case and you have to work through it as if it were real, and as you go generate learning issues.... In short, it's basically teach-yourself-medicine... Why lie? >___>; )

Also had three hours of lectures. The first one was really good (all about sensory pathways and the organisation of the peripheral nervous system and spinal cord), but the second was given by a guy who I seriously think could make sex utterly and mindnumbingly boring (I pity his wife ). By the end of that lecture, my concentration was completely gone, and the situation had degenerated to a friend and I looking at SomethingAwful.com (photoshop friday... even funnier during lectures when you have to try hard not to laugh ) and Break.com.

THINGS OF GYM
After uni we went to the gym for a bit. I've been working solidly with two friends of mine for around 5 weeks now, and I'm starting to notice a difference in my physique... Holy crap, I have pecs now. It's an awesome feeling ^___^ (my girlfriend says she appreciates it too She noticed before I did ).

Granted it's still early days, and I'm nowhere near as buffed as the two friends who I go to the gym with (and believe me they are big guys, but I like working out with them, cos they really positive and encouraging... as one of my friends says when I'm feeling down about my wiry physique, "You can't become Arnie overnight" )

I really enjoy going to the gym. It's great going with friends who you can joke around with in between sets, and at the same time we also encourage each other to push our limits. Yeah, I'm glad I'm going to the gym consistently now.

Monday is Shoulder, Arm, Lumbar back (i.e. Deadlifts) and Hamstrings day. Friday is Chest, Back, Quads, Calves, and Abs. We usually spend at least 2 hours at the gym, although it's gotten slightly longer recently, because we've added some extra things to our routine.

Anyway, I'm starting to actually keep a written record/"gym-diary" now. I think it'll help me track my progress.

During one idle moment in one of our gym sessions, we also somehow came up with gym nicknames for each other :
  • Victor = Vic Diesel
  • Dylan = Dylan Segal
  • David (Me) = Van Dave
As you can tell, they're based on famous buffed individuals . Yeah, they're silly, but we found them a source of amusement at the time, and now the names have stuck

Currently Playing: N.E.R.D - Rockstar

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

May 29, 2006 - 10:37 AM
2 year celebration, and X-men 3
Today marks two years of a happy stable (ignoring the few bumps along the way ) relationship with my girlfriend. Since she finished work late today, we only really had time for a movie (dinner and night out will have to come at a later date ).

Anyway, we saw X-men 3, and we saw it in style! Gold class cinemas ^___^ Hell yeah! Large comfy lazy-boy arm chairs, massive screen, awesome sound, small cozy cinema, all the popcorn and softdrink you want, and a complementary coffee/hot-chocolate/wine/beer + cake of your choice ^___^ (served whenever you speficy... hell, apparently you can even request that they bring it in at a specific scene in the movie ... Not that I could be arsed ).

Another bonus was that, since it's Monday night, it was very quiet... So quiet in fact that my girlfriend and I had the entire cinemas to ourselves ^____^

Now my girlfriend is a massive X-men fan too ^__^ It's the one area of nerd-dom where sometimes her enthusiasm surpases my own (now if only I could get her to like Transformers and Anime, it'd be golden ) So she was just bubbling with excitment over seeing the movie.

I know there's been alot of shit thrown about regarding this latest X-men movie, but honestly I think some of the hate is overrated. If I were to rank it, I'd say it was better than X-men 1, but not as good as X-men 2: X-men United.

There are still some things about the movie that I'm still making my mind up about, and right now it's really late and I have to get to sleep (have an early start tomorrow), so I can't explore all my thoughts here yet... But for the most part I was entertained and the movie was enjoyable.

More later, after sleep ^__^

Goodnight GFF

Currently Playing: The Eagles - Hotel California

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

May 28, 2006 - 11:29 PM
Shittest Transformer Ever O__o;

That's right, it's KRONOFORM! The time machine that transforms!

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0805/

Also check out the commercial (it's tiny.. only 1MB)

http://www.x-entertainment.com/downl...kronoform.html

I honestly feel sorry for the kid who had to advertise this thing. I mean he had to make this thing sound cool for a whole 30second ad, armed with nothing but the product in question, a black marble-esque table, bad 80s music, and an ability to greatly over-exaggerate the merits of what he's trying to sell

Okay, okay, I know it's not technically a "Transformer", since it was marketed before the Transformers became an official franchise... but it WAS made by Takara (the Japanese equivalent of Hasbro)

Currently Playing: God Of War OST - Kratos and the Sea

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

May 28, 2006 - 09:52 AM
The Return
Hi all ^__^ . Man, it feels like ages since I last posted anything in my ChocoJournal... In fact, it HAS been ages Well before the last crash at very least (it's still such a shame to have lost so many past entries, and also to have lost track of my previous buddy list ;___; ). I think the last entry I made was around the time I got my Silver PS2... and a LOT has definitely happened since then

Hopefully my future journal entires won't be as long as this one. Please bear with me for this first one of my fresh ChocoJournal

Anyway, the most significant events within the last week or so.... There've been some really good ^__^ , and others really really really bad ;____;

THE BAD
I'll get the bad out of the way first, since it's been what's been most on my mind recently, and has really fucked around with my head and perspective on, well, everything. Last Friday, I found out that a guy I knew from church had been killed in a head-on motorbike accident. He was only 22. He was an incredibly nice person who had such an incredible impact on so many people.

To give you an idea, there were at least 700 people at his funeral service on Wednesday, and at least 400 of those showed up at the graveside to pay their respects to a true champion. I can't even begin to imagine how his family are coping. They were incredibly close, and it's hit them incredibly hard. He was the last person you would have expected to have something like this happen to him.. I mean, he wasn't a small guy by any means... At one time he was even offered a spot on the Canberra Raider's under 23's team (for those who know about Aussie Rugby League), but had to turn it down for family reasons. So yeah, always seemed so big and small, and yet he was so vulnerable.

The really fucked up thing was the way in which he died. A fucking tosser in a 4WD was travelling at 120km/hr down the wrong side of a service lane (normal speed limit = 60km/hr) next to the M1 motorway near Brisbane (south of Brisbane, near Ikea, for those who know the area). The fucker didn't even seem apoplogetic. Just kept saying how they thought it was one-way road... Yeah right... Fucker....

I think that was the hardest thing for everyone to deal with. Not just the suddeness of his death, but also the horrible way in which it happend... I mean, it SHOULDN'T have happened at all! I can't even begin to describe how devastated everyone is down here. The father and brother were at the hospital when he passed away. His poor mother was down in Adelaide at the time, so I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through. Can you imagine what it'd be like to feel so helpless?

The funeral service was at least very well done. I don't think they could've possibly done a better job than they did. It was a true celebration of his life... not just who he was, but how he lived. However, in that regard it was also so so terribly sad... So bittersweet... How can I put it... It's like being at a big 21st party, but knowing that the main person of focus is never going to show up

Anyway, I think that's all I can say about this at the moment. I might post more later when I've composed my thoughts together a bit better. Sorry.

THE GOOD
Tomorrow is the day my girlfriend and I celebrate two years of being together. It's been full of ups and downs, but I'm very happy with my relationship with her. We've been through alot together, and definitely grown alot during the last two years. She makes me so very happy, to the point where the bad times are merely small bumps on an otherwise pleasant road ^__^

Unfortunately we won't be able to properly celebrate until she finishes work, so all we can really fit in is a movie... But we're gong to see it in style (Gold Class cinemas, with their comfy reclining chairs, awesome picture and sound, and unlimited popcorn/drink, etc ^__^ ). And what movie shall we see? Well, pickings are slim at the moment, so we eventually decided to see X-men 3.

Yeah, I know I know, there are some reviews that have torn it to shreds, but I never judge a movie until I see, and I try not to go into any movie with high expectations (it helps to stop me from being disappointed ^__~ ). Anyway, we're both huge X-men fans (me mainly through the comics, and my gf through the cartoons).

Dinner and a proper night out will have to come a bit later in the week when we both have more time (and money ^^; )

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll probably post again tomorrow night after seeing the movie, or maybe even tomorrow morning with more about what's been happening in my life since before the last crash (and hence, why I've been away for so long... Oh my poor poor post count ;___; )

Cheers all ^__^

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
DukeBox's Journal