Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal

Journal Banner
Ah, the good old days. Before people asked left and right: "Adama?" When Pangalin was still a member called Pangalin, and I ran into him once and got nominated for an award. When Mucknuggle still had the first post in the Music Exposure Club. My disastrous thread-making incident. When Crash was still smarter than me - wait, that one hasn't changed. When Zephyrin was still a *%&tard, even though I thought he was a girl that one time. When nobody knew who I was at all outside of the MEC. When I couldn't count to my user number without spending days and days on the task. When ChocoJournal was bright and new, and I actually updated. Yep. Good times.

Admiral Amara's Journal Statistics
View Admiral Amara's profile
Entries 168 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (1.19% of total)
Views 70619
Replies Admiral Amara has made 866 comments [view stats]
Comments 965 comments (5.74 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 72 props given to Admiral Amara [who be proppin?]
Buddies 68 buddies
Relation You are not Admiral Amara's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 24, 2006 - 12:23 AM
Radio Free GFF
bedtime!
So, I finally pulled off my radio show tonight, and it worked! HURRAH! Acer thought it was cool, so he started his own station back up again! HUZZAH! I was able to secure two hours tonight (10PM - 12AM EST), and I played lots of music and talked once in a while. Ended the night with ZERO at Tails and Xard's request, that was pretty cool. I also played one of Dark Nation's kickin' tracks off of his EP, The Prequel. "Jazz Trance" to be specific.

Thank you SO MUCH to everybody that tuned in, also to Acer for mirroring it near the end of the show. For anybody who missed tonight's show, tune in next week, and I promise crazy fun! I'll even expose some local music and musicians, as well as more from resident artists here at GFF. Friday nights, guys! Check www.rlradio.org and check the schedule. That's when I'm supposed to be on, anyway...

Time for bed, I have to work early tomorrow. Why am I even up this late?

Currently Playing: Monkey Island - Opening and Introduction

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #66]

Jun 22, 2006 - 09:46 AM
It has been decided
Wow...
"How to Disappear Completely" by Radiohead is incomparably beautiful.

Seriously. I just listened to it again for the first time in months, and I nearly cried. Twice. In the same listening. It's just so well-composed that every time I listen to it, I'm in awe of what those guys produced. Everything is about setting contrasting musical ideas against each other, and inexplicably making them work. For instance, in the beginning of the song, an acoustic guitar strums in 6, while the bass guitar plays in 4, creating dynamic contrast, and above those two, a string section sits on a tone cluster that clashes with the very tonal music below it. And it works perfectly. I've actually found that I can't listen to the song while driving, because there are specific moments that are literally overpowering - not good for when you're trying to stay on the road. I don't want to crash the car just because of Jonny Greenwood's string section.

Crazy, man. It's a bit hard to even type this stuff while the song's going. Maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know, but I think this is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard.

If you want to hear it for yourself, go ahead. (Right click, Save As...)

Currently Playing: Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #65]

Jun 17, 2006 - 10:54 PM
So, I had a long shift at work
Tired!
All I can really do to talk about it is echo the words of Tails-on-the-phone...

Nine and a half hour shift SAGE

Well, gonna work a bit on that appeal for university so that they don't kick me out some more, then bed. BLARGH. Academic Suspension SAGE.

Currently Playing: King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #64]

Jun 16, 2006 - 12:33 AM
Total Trash
yawn.
I'm pretty much gonna just waste an entry stating that, even if you aren't a big Foo Fighters fan, hearing the acoustic version of "Everlong" is something else. My opinion regarding the Foo Fighters is that Dave Grohl wrote the perfect Rock single, then wrote it again and again about seven or so times. The lack of variation in melodic structure and riffs over their last few singles bugs me. But "Everlong", acoustic and raw, is very, very, very good. Link comin' later, I can't be arsed right now. I have to get to bed, I have an early shift tomorrow.

As Thurston Moore might've put it, this entry is "total trash".

Currently Playing: Foo Fighters - Everlong (acoustic)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #63]

Jun 9, 2006 - 08:44 PM
That SUCKED!
Fail!
Emergency hosting switch occured, and I had to run over to a friend's house to host the show - and his Internet connection was not quite enough to host the show without it skipping. So, we dropped the music and went for Talk Radio with the two other guys in the room. Mostly Ben, though.

To quote GOB from "Arrested Development": It was... utterly macabre.

We had some fun, but it could've gone a million times better.

Currently Playing: nothin'

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #62]

Jun 9, 2006 - 01:28 PM
Tonight's show: tentative playlist
Anticipati
Here's the tentative setlist for tonight's broadcast (8 PM - 9 PM):

The Signal Intro (music courtesy of Deerhoof)
Fiona Apple - Criminal
Moby - Extreme Ways
Dave Matthews Band - #41 (live)
Interview with Buster and GOB from "Arrested Development"
The Mars Volta - Eriatarka
Antonio Vivaldi - The Four Seasons: Summer, mvt. 3 - Presto
Franz Schubert - Moment musical for piano in F minor
The Sex Pistols - Bodies
Sleater-Kinney - Rollercoaster
Real and Ridiculous News
Weekly Indie Pick: Philip Bell - Ivy
Last Words/Show Ending Moment:
Tom Lehrer - The Elements
Closing credits (music courtesy of Huak)

Currently Playing: Deerhoof - Spirit Ditties of No Tone

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #61]

Jun 8, 2006 - 12:09 PM
Real Life Radio: Update
YESSSSS
I am officially IN, my friends. Fridays from 8PM - 9PM EST. Tune in and listen to your buddy, Admiral Amara, do the radio show thing.

This is the page about my show

Currently Playing: Deerhoof - Chatterboxes

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #60]

Jun 8, 2006 - 01:23 AM
YESSSSS
YESSSSS
FINALLY, RIGHT ON!

I guess it was something about my college, because once I come home, the GameSurge server on IRC loads without a problem, and I am now a DJ for Real Life Radio. Soon, hopefully, I'll have my own show, and then I can bug all of you to tune in and listen to me talk and play music and things. MAN! am I EXCITED! I've been trying so hard to get this to work, and now it's working. Seriously, this is gonna be great. I think we'll all have fun. Plus, if I can get a lot (read: more than 17 or so) listeners for my show, I'd be the envy of the rest of the DJs. I'd laugh.

On another note, PLEASE go look at my brother's character sketches. We were both disappointed with the general lack of response... it may not be as clever as a Mo0sis (bag0k) comic, or as "painted awesomeness" as magi, but I really do think it's worth a look. Please give him feedback.

On another note, I have a brother who is unable to himself use the Internet, and constantly bugs me to check and see if you guys have commented. HELP A BROTHER OUT.

Currently Playing: Blur - Chemical World [Real Life Radio]

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #59]

Jun 6, 2006 - 05:02 PM
By request of younger brother
BLAH BLAH
So, it seems that the last journal entry WON'T be my last ever.

THIS ONE will be, however.

So my younger brother is working on some manga-style art for character design. He writes Sci-Fi/Fantasy stories that his English teacher feels are of the calibur that he should submit them to Fantasy/Sci-Fi mags. Anyway, I uploaded for him four of his characters, Aq Intactus and Crimson from the "Muse Verse - Collectors" series, Aegis VanHollt from the "Merlin Society", and Alexandre the Raven from a presently unnamed series. I personally like the last one, Raven, the best of all of them, and we're in argument about whether he lives or dies in the end of the series of stories he's writing. I think he should totally die. He's too compelling of a villain not to die in dramatic fashion. He wants him to live so that he can do a spin-off series, but I think that's lame and that he could do a spin-off that exists within the timeframe of the other stories.

Scanner's not the greatest, so they're a bit rough. Also, that boy needs to work on drawing things like words in really lightly first. Some elements are a bit sketchy, in the most literal of ways, but the level of detail is what I really appreciate in the works. Again, especially on Raven.

PICTURES:

Aq Intactus
Aegis VanHollt
Crimson
Alexandre the Raven

Currently Playing: blah blah blah

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #58]

Jun 6, 2006 - 10:31 AM
This is the last journal entry I'll be able to make... ever.
ALMOST TIME
That's right, sinners of GFF, it's Doomsday. We all know what that means: That remake of "The Omen" is finally here, as well as several trendy bands releasing albums. Er, I mean, it's THE END OF DAYS! How could I forget that so quickly! You see, today is clearly Doomsday. It is CLEARLY the End of Days because the date is 06/06/06, which is basically 666, which is the Number of the Beast. So says the Bible. Now, we know that THIS day is Doomsday, because the dates have NOT ONCE BEFORE IN HISTORY lined up in such a fashion after Christ's death on the standard and commonly accepted Roman Calendar. For more information on when this hasn't happened before, please see June 6, 1006 AD.

So YES, friends, saints, sinners, it is your LAST DAY to REPENT! All of you heathens out there that have turned away from the love of Jesus Christ must turn BACK to it, because this day heralds his RAPTURE! And, in plain Engrish, that basically means that all of you non-believers will pretty much all burn in the lake of eternal fire while the believers ascend quite dramatically to heaven. Or maybe a gross thousand Jews will do something pretty cool. I can't remember. Anyway, Stephen Colbert pointed out that the End of Days was coming a couple of months ago when there was a major solar eclipse, which was, in fact, yet another Biblical element of the Apocalypse. He also pointed out the other signs: The Whore of Babylon (Hillary Clinton), and that certain Jews would be marked for glory. And guess which country recently had it's elections? It rhymes with "Jewsreal".

Repent, I say to thee!

REPENT!

REPENT!

REPENT!

REPENT!

and finally, REPENT!

---------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I now have all of my guitar equipment back from Drummer Eric, since it had been left at his apartment. My friend Sam drove me up, and we had some fun discussing video games, going to the Portland mall, watching Eric spend about half an hour trying to whittle his choices down to three used games (buy two, third is free! Hooray for sales), and eating like pigs at Ruby Tuesday (the Tall Cake is heavenly). When we returned home, we met up with Ben, who is mildly insane, and who also sold me his old short-necked bass guitar so that I could string it up with guitar strings in EDGB tuning. I'd like to have an electric that was back to full, standard tuning, or at least have something with all six strings again to tool around on with alternate tunings and stringings. The short-necked bass will work out fine, once I refit the holes for guitar string width. I'd better do that soon, because, you know, DOOMSDAY.

In final news, Sonic Youth's new single, "Incinerate", can't hold a candle to their earlier work, especially the stuff from Daydream Nation, which is now in the Library of Congress' archive for recordings that were rather significant. Mostly because it's a damn good album. However, "Incinerate" has very little of the edge displayed in their previous work, and the lyrical content is rather weird, but in a different weird than their normal modus operandi. Much of it is basically major-key pop with some vague Smashing Pumpkins (read: "1979") infulence, with minor-key elements and undertones. And Thurston is singing actual notes all the time, and even being melodic! What it lacks in biting, edgy writing that I'd grown accustomed to from the quartet, it nearly makes up in solid, simple hook writing and sheer catchiness. But, you know, I've only got today to listen to it, so I'll be listening to it a lot.

Currently Playing: Sonic Youth - Incinerate

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #57]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal