Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Ah! Amoeba's Journal

Journal Banner

Ah! Amoeba's Journal Statistics
View Ah! Amoeba's profile
Entries 208 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (0.96% of total)
Views 102920
Replies Ah! Amoeba has made 1321 comments [view stats]
Comments 1263 comments (6.07 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1278 props given to Ah! Amoeba [who be proppin?]
Buddies 39 buddies
Relation You are not Ah! Amoeba's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 9, 2009 - 11:18 AM
I Know You Eat Bees.
On the count of three

Here come the bees

1 - 2 - 3

EAT BEES!!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #106]

Apr 14, 2009 - 07:22 PM
Entry Part II, Part I
Response to: SXSW '09 Day 1 by Ah! Amoeba

There is a tendency on my part, I have noticed, to never follow through on multi-part journal entries. I know for a fact that you have already noticed this, and are probably right now sternly nodding in agreement. Well, I am flattered that you are paying so much attention. And by flattered I mean outraged.

Tell it to me straight - you don't care, do you? I know, I know. I just need some kind of excuse to talk about a bunch a bands I saw a month ago. Project: Finish Shit is the only way!

Now. Let's go back in time.

The year is 2009. Month, March. America is in a panic, and I need a haircut (but I keep my cool). A massive music festival is held to celebrate Texas not being on fire. I take a bunch of pictures. Now I will show you some of these pictures, then, I will explain what you can already plainly see in each picture. It will be very boring and unnessecary. You probably won't care enough to make it through; in which case, I suggest relocating your desktop computer to another room in your - or the nearest - home, then returning here to continue the entry from where you left off. The change of scenery will keep you awake and alert.

SXSW DAY II

Started this day going solo, which was a drag. Thud had to work this day, and I was doing my volunteer work for Barnes and Noble on the trade show floor. Some of my other friends were around town, but we all had our own group of bands that we wanted to see, so we never managed to meet up.

Dez Dickerson, guitarist for Prince and the Revolution talking with Craig Brewer, writer/director of Black Snake Moan and Hussle & Flow (which he wrote will managing a Barnes and Noble!). Both nice dudes. I haven't seen either of Craig Brewer's movies, so it didn't feel appropriate buying a DVD for him to sign just because! Dez Dickerson's book was a $30 self-published paperback, so naaaaah.

After my shift was up, I met up with a co-worker from the trade show at Austin Music Hall to claim our spots at the front of the stage.

DATAROCK

Never heard of these dudes before, but they were good geeky fun.

SUDDENLY! The show stops as Infernal Monkey makes an apperance.

Everyone is eager to say hello!

""
""
""
""
""
""
""
""
""
""
""

After greetings have been exchanged, the show resumes!

Tricky singing through his chest.

This was a pretty cool show. Slow and dark. A bit of a lull in energy compared to the other bands of the night, but it was still pretty kickass.

D E V O
D E V O
D E V O
D E V O
D E V O

Another highlight of that week. Absolutely amazing show. It's a mystery how I've never been that into Devo before now, considering this stuff is right up my alley. Thud insisted I see them, or she would never forgive me. Lesson learned.

It's well after midnight at this point. Time for bed. Riding my bike through town on my way home, I hear a band that sounds familiar...

Dinosaur Jr.!!

Managed to catch the tail-end of the set. Twenty minutes of blistering guitars. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

DAY III - Final Day

Daniel Johnston was doing a signing at the festival's Barnes and Noble kiosk. Super-friendly guy. I got two CD's signed, and Thud got an autograph in his artbook. Then he told her that if he had a car, he'd take her our for some Mexican food.

We set up camp at a day-long outdoor (mostly) punk rock festival, spending most of the day relaxing in the grass. We caught Japanther, Cursive, King Khan (again), and Circle Jerks, along with countless other unfamiliar bands. The Black Lips put on a fantastic closing set for the festival, with a surprise guest apperance by King Khan (3). I couldn't get enough of that dude, though, so that was a-ok.

Japanther singing into telephones.

An 11 year old boy that is already cooler than I will ever be.

Some sleeping dead dude. This photo marks the beginning of what became a photo gangbang by pretty much everyone around.

Circle Jerks.

Have you ever wondered what balding dreadlocks looks like? Well now you know: an upturned jellyfish.

At this point we were feeling pretty ragged, so we decided to end the whole week on a softer note. We popped into a hotel to catch...

The Proclaimers!

Unfortunately, cameras were not allowed. Just know that those two dudes can still harmonize their asses off. A pleasent end to the whole thing, all in all.

BUT WAIT!

As if three appearances weren't enough, we ran into the sax player and cheerleader of King Khan & the Shrines on our way home. They were extremely friendly and extremely German. They invited us to their next show, but we were absolutely spent. We rode our bikes home and slept for 10 hours.

NEXT WEEK: The results of the Summonmaster Journal Investigation are revealed (perhaps?)!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (14 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #105]

Apr 3, 2009 - 06:43 PM
Fiesta Supermarket Shopping List.
  • Huge as shit airbrushed Tupac t-shirt
  • Half a dozen live lobsters
  • Nightgown (for Thud to wear as a fancy cocktail dress)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #104]

Apr 2, 2009 - 09:51 PM
Diss Has Inside Him Blood of Kings.
He has no rival.

No man can be his equal.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #103]

Mar 24, 2009 - 12:38 AM
SXSW '09 Day 1
South by Southwest, for those of you have never heard of it, is a massive week-long movie/music festival that occurs annually during Spring Break in downtown Austin, Texas. I was mainly concerned with the music portion: 1,500+ bands over the course of the last 4 days. Everyone from an unknown band from San Diego, to some of the biggest names show up. And they're EVERYWHERE: restaurants, parks, churches, hotel ballrooms are all converted into venues. Walk around and pop in somehwere and there is likely to be someone performing. It's fantastic.

Anyway, this was my first year to attend, and I had a fucking blast. It was pretty amazing how many awesome groups I got to see in the course of just a single day. What follows is a shit load [some] of pictures of (most) everyone I (and frequently Thud) got to see [the first day].

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:

Right off the bat, the first big act we see is local legend Daniel Johnston, seen here performing with The Hymns who came out near the end of the set. Really, as sad as it is to say, it's suprising to still see this guy out and about. He has an extensive history of mental illness, and while he was shaking a bit while singing (and may have been crying at one point), he still sang his ass off. He finished the set with Rock N' Roll EGA! It was a blast.

The heads of the girls on stage are not important because their band was awful. But! In front of the stage, I spotted a Bernard Black look-alike amongst the crowd. I didn't want to be obvious about taking a picture right in her face, so I just took a picture of the back of her head, making a mental note to myself to assure you that she really did look like Bernard Black a lot.

Next big act we saw was Nellie McKay, playing in a church. She was cute and funny, but all-in-all, in comparison with later shows, her performance was the low point of the day (sorry Nuhaul).

MEAT PUPPETS

Holy shit. Amazing show. One of the highlights of the week. I don't care if you knew them or not (most of the people around me didn't, sadly), these guys rocked the place out. They played what had to be an 8-minute version of Up on the Sun, which was fucking amazing enough, only to follow it up with an equally long version of Lake of Fire as the finale, played at what seemed like double-speed--I was blown away.

Giddy with excitment, and thinking that couldn't be topped, Thud and I eventually made our way to a local mexican restaurant for the final show we hoped to catch that night...

King Khan and the Shrines

So... I was wrong about Meat Puppets not being topped. This was absolutely the funnest concert I've ever been to. Nine musicians--two sax players, a trumpet player, a keyboardist, two percussionists, a guitar player, a bass player, the singer--plus a cheerleader, who did nothing but shake her ass and pom-poms for an hour, all crammed on to a tiny stage that barely fit the previous act of four dudes.

The stage was a mess of bodies as shit was set up was quickly as possible--electrical fires and equipment falling into the audience was a very real concern.

There's no way I can effectively get across what made this show so great. Most of all they were just so much fun. Multiple band members had synchronised dance moves; they had matching outfits and accessories; the cheerleader sprinkled glitter on the crowd, while King Khan jumped down into the crowd, spat beer, laughed like Dracula, and frequently shed layers of clothing. He got the crowd screaming "hallelujah" during one song, and then healed a few people by grabbing their faces. The audience burned dollar bills while they sang a song called "Welfare Bread."

It was also just funny as fuck. He had some long song about climbing into his wife's vagina a limb at a time (but first he took off his shoes--that's what Indians do), with the horn section blaring each time a little more of him got in. So awesome. There couldn't have been a more perfect ending to the first night!

I'd hope to do the whole event all in one entry, but it's late, and I have to get up early. So, uh, I guess I'll do days two and three tomorrow! Goodnight!

Currently Playing: King Khan & the Shrines - Burnin' Inside

Response entries:
Entry Part II, Part I by Ah! Amoeba

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #102]

Mar 17, 2009 - 01:57 AM
Persona 4: Choices.
A friend is in need of rescue.

Only one day left to save her.

On my way through town I notice a toy capsule machine, so I drop in some money.

The device is kinda rusty.

I spend the rest of the day on into the evening attempting to dislodge my hard-earned capsule from the stingy mechanical dispenser.

Finally, I am successful.

But, this long-fought struggle has made me tired, and I am forced to my home out of sheer exhaustion to get ready for bed.

Suddenly, I get a phone call.

The body of my friend has just been found.

Game over.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #101]

Feb 26, 2009 - 01:06 PM
Life in the Alamo.
No one in the Alamo ever got a good night's sleep.

The table saws and rumbling air compressor generators of the surrounding Mexican army would start up at 9:00 am on the dot everyday, even Sundays. "Really, guys? Sunday's too??" The Texas soldiers who frequently stayed up late drinking beer and playing video games all weekend would always wake up pissed and cranky, and ugh dammit, c'mon! They'd try sobering up with a big ol' plate of bear meat or something, but it just made them groggy. Mid-afternoon naps were out of the question too, though, so they just became even more unruly and irritable, but now they have stomach aches from all that damn bear.

And the noise never stopped because the Mexican army never seemed to get anything accomplished. It was like someone handed a bunch of toddlers some saws, nail guns and hammers, and told them to go wild. The Mexican soldiers would beat and nail the sides of the Alamo for days with no clear aim or purpose. Just... making noise. Days and days of saws screeching as they tore through boards; the steady sound of nails jumping into wood; hammers pounding on the sides of the Alamo so hard that the window over your bed would vibrate until it sounded like it would shatter onto your face. ("What were you even doing in that bed? Beds are useless in the Alamo!")

You wanted to go out for a cup of coffee in order to wake up, but there were so many ropes and ladders in the way you could hardly make it to your truck. At the same time you saw a soldier's awesome coat draped over a post, and you didn't think you'd feel all that bad about taking it, all things considered, but then, yeah, you realized he was only doing what he's told, so you just let him keep his cool soldier coat.

Then Santa Anna climbed onto the balcony and accidentally knocked over your bicycle, but, he was nice about it and picked it back up. He even swept up all the debris his men were leaving on the deck from days of trying to beat their way through the walls with tiny hammers. So, I guess Mr. Anna wasn't all bad.

Currently Playing: Extreme Apartment Makeover, Home Edition.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #99]

Feb 2, 2009 - 05:20 PM
Black and White Photograph of Tetsuo Eating a Kitten.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

THE END

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [25] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #98]

Jan 9, 2009 - 05:52 PM
Puck's Playhouse
"Hello," from my new apartment. Not entirely settled in yet, just moving what I can on my own until my brother and best bud Brian Ohijai drive up from Houston tonight to help with the massively heavy & crumbling granite coffee table and sleeper sofa.

Decided to check for any open networks with my Madballs-Sponsored Lap-tap, and it turns out there's a free connection -- labeled "playhouse" -- that gets a stronger signal than what I paid for at my old place. Let's hope it's reliable!

Quick survey!
The first two things I noticed about my apartment are:

1. Parking in the parking lot in front of my building is like trying to pull your car to a stop over the broken and mangled street that opens up and swallows the Eco 1 at the end of Ghostbusters.

2. The view from my second floor "Waterfront" patio looks directly out onto a blockade of dingy trees. But! Beyond those trees is a pond that is probably totally sweet.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 cavestorys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #97]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Ah! Amoeba's Journal