Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal

Dr. Uzuki's Journal Statistics
View Dr. Uzuki's profile
Entries 48 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 24705
Replies Dr. Uzuki has made 662 comments [view stats]
Comments 246 comments (5.13 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 69 props given to Dr. Uzuki [who be proppin?]
Buddies 20 buddies
Relation You are not Dr. Uzuki's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Aug 19, 2007 - 08:40 PM
Feeling like a jackass right now.
So, it's been happening every week for around the past month, I've been invited over to my friends' apartment Saturday nights for drinks and to hang out. The crowd's been the people who live there, a very recently married couple, Jeremy and Amanda, and their roommate Matt. Also with an open invitation are Derek and Morgan. The two are a couple. We've all known each other since grade school and are all fairly to very close.

Why it's been such a frequent occurrence lately is because up until the wedding, Jeremy was a staunch opposer to drinking. He didn't drink, wanted to be in a relationship with someone who felt the same way, and expected his friends to respect his view on this and not be around him when they drink. Anyway, he did agree to drink for his wedding celebration and the after party has been lasting ever since. So even though we're all very tight knit, this has been kind of a new experience for us, even for those of us who've been getting sloshed for years, drinking with each other as company as opposed to whatever else may be usual.

Occasionally, there'd be other people happening to show up. Friends of a friend and stuff like that, people who nobody really knew, but they always end up being good company and not outstanding assholes. Until I invited one over last night, that is.

I get a call from my brother around 3:30 a.m. as he was picking up some food for :drunkmeal:. He was with his coworker (the word friend purposely omitted), Nate. All of my friends love my brother, particularly Amanda, who, after finding out who I was on the phone with and what they were doing, told me to invite my brother their place. I rallied everyone in the room; free food, cooked for you, who wants me to go pick up my brother?

I didn't really make sure it was okay with everyone that randomdude was along for the ride as well. I wish I could say that me and my brother could vouch for him and all, but the truth is that neither of us tremendously like the guy. He's an arrogant, disrespectful motormouth, or has a tendency to be like that at least. He's a funny, entertaining guy, makes for good company at times. But completely abrasive for sure. You need a certain tolorance level to withstand the guy.

My friends, Jeremy in particular, are very big on showing proper respect in general, even more so on people respecting their home. When we had this discussion on my brother and the other guy, he was half way passed out in his bedroom but alert enough to get into it with his wife for wanting to ride with me. He was right, I should not have been on the road. I was not that bad off and the destination was really close, but he had every right to take issue with it. None of us payed him any attention. So, number 1, took best friend's wife drunk driving with me.

So Amanda, Morgan, and myself pile into my car and head out to pick them up. Right off the bat, Nate gets in the car and starts hitting on them. It was just harmless flirtatious bullshit and they quickly informed him that they were both attached. It was really a non issue, until Jeremy got wind of it.

The girls were talking among themselves about how full of himself this character was while he was out on the balcony smoking. Overhearing this from his drunken stupor, Jeremy pokes his head out asking, "Who told you you have beautiful eyes?" He looked pretty pissed. He sat down and remarked about how he was waiting for the guy to come back inside. He was going to introduce himself, most likely not very friendly like. Matt starts to remark how he's also uncomfortable with how he doesn't know this guy and with how Amanda and Morgan were describing their first impression of the guy, he says he doesn't want him here either.

While the two girls are trying to convince them not to make a thing out of it, I interject and say how certain people in the room are acting ridiculously and need to calm down and not make a confrontation about the whole deal. After I say this, I go to the balcony and calmly explain with extra sugar coating the situation to Nate. In truth, I was only feeling pressured and embarrassed that I may have made a mistake casually inviting this guy over to a place that wasn't mine and was only interested in things cooling down to save face myself.

So, two, three, and four, invited an unknown, unwanted guest, said guest hit on friends who are the girlfriend and wife of more friends, and took the other guy's side when it came to getting mad about it.

It worked though, because Jeremy backed off and went back to bed. Nothing got messy. That is until Nate tackled me, we fell over a coffee table and knocked over a bloody mary onto the couch, carpet, and area rug. The drink wasn't full and the stain was not so big, but it's still pretty bad.

It was really just an accident. If you check my myspace survey entry just below this one, see the part where I talk about how ticklish I am. I wasn't exaggerating. Nate, who's a pretty tall guy, came from behind my back to give me a drunk hug, arm over my shoulder and wrapped across my chest and ribs. Panic set in instantly. I was locked in a vulnerable position by surprise by someone I didn't trust and just froze. After he didn't let me go for a little while, I had a freak out, had to try to get out, I couldn't talk or yell to let go of me, I just started stumbling backwards. We hit the table and both flipped over it. And I was just mortified because my friends take such good care of their place. That's number five.

I have no idea right now how mad, if upset at all, anyone is at me right now. I think I have some apologies to volunteer because I personally feel pretty crappy about it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Jul 12, 2007 - 07:48 AM
And my shoe size is 12 and a half.
Was totally going to title this something about being past the getting to know you stage, but then it dawned on me that, yes, I had heard that before and Crash + plagiarism + shitlist = very bad thing. Anyways, myspace survey, lol.

Name: Nathan

Birthday: September 6th, 1983

Birthplace: Portland, Oregon

Current Location: Still here. Very non nomadic.

Eye Color: Blue-ish on the outside, olive green closer to the pupil. Not that anyone would ever notice, so hazel, I guess is what they call it.

Hair Color: Brown

Height: 5'11

Right Handed or Left Handed: Ambidextrous! Right handed actually. I only wanted to type ambidextrous.

Your Heritage: Irish, German, African American

The Shoes You Wore Today: My work shoes. Christ are they worn out. These black and white things that look as if I could hop from the lanes to the links without missing a beat.

Your Weakness: I'm extremely ticklish! In all seriousness, that is nothing to be taken lightly. I will FREAK the FUCK out if relentlessly tickled and I'm sure I have a rage/violence breaking point. No one's been foolish enough to trigger it yet.

Your Fears:

- Power outages. The moment they happen my imagination runs to extremely bad (and unlikely) reasons why everything goes blink. Even flickers get my heart racing.

- Getting hopelessly lost. I have a terrible, TERRIBLE sense of direction and whenever going somewhere new, I cannot function without handholding from someone who knows where they're going.

- When I was a kid, the Sega Master System made me cry. First of all, the "music" to the title screen of Safari Hunt was the chant of demons, holy god, it was just not right. I use to hide the light gun from my brothers and sister. They'd find it. They'd turn the volume up full bore. I'd run upstairs, cover my ears, hide in the closet. The bastards. Second of all, I swear the upside down grotesque elephant looking thing that was the boss of the second level of R-Type was going to jump out of the television, grow to enormous size, and menace me with a series of guttural noises while giant mechanical floating snake popped in and out of it's limbs, coming and going as it pleased.

I have since conquered these fears, with the exception of a fleeting cold shiver at the presence of either.

Your Perfect Pizza: Red peppers, red onions, chicken, bacon. Yum.

Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: Get a new place once the lease runs out in December. I've been in the same apartment since I moved out of the folks house. I need somewhere fresh.

Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: I rarely use IM. But when I do it's buhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbu hbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbubhuhbuhbuhb uhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbubuh

Matt understands.

Thoughts First Waking Up: Never constant, but most often, "cigarette..."

Your Best Physical Feature: I have really nice forearms. I mean, like, really nice. Someone once told me I have a remarkable skin tone, so, uhhh, there is that. My most distinguishing feature would have to be my lips, lips that dwarf even female characters from Garfield.

Your Bedtime: 4 am to 6 am pacific

Your Most Missed Memory: I do not even know what that means. If you mean fondest memory, I guess I can work with that. But then again, fond memories have never really stood out for me. This one has.

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness growing up. I think it's common knowledge that these people do not celebrate birthdays. They think it "worldly," a decadence. When I was a child, I did not know what a birthday was. I knew the date I was born. I knew how many years old I was. I had no concept of presents or cake or candles or songs.

That is, until I attended my first day of Kindergarten on Sept. 6th, 1989, which just happened to be my sixth birthday. I imagine the first school day of your life leaves an impression on just about all kids. But imagine for a moment that in the middle of being introduced to public education that Mrs Shnider takes you by the hand, parades you to the middle of the circle of the quiet carpet, sits you on her lap, places a cardboard crown made from the material they boarder bulletin boards with, and all the kids sing you something called the Happy Birthday Song, all the kids clap for you at the end, and you have no idea. None.

Now imagine trying to explain your big first day to your mom on the way home and being greeted by yells and scolding in response. Gives a guy issues as a teenager.

Pepsi or Coke: Coke. Has a bite to it.

MacDonalds or Burger King: Wendy's

Single or Group Dates: If first or early dates, single. If everyone is comfortable with each other, however, group dates are fun, and I'm personally better suited to a group setting.

Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: No preference.

Chocolate or Vanilla: Vanilla. Not a fan of rich.

Cappuccino or Coffee: Coffee heavily flavored.

Do you Smoke: Half a pack a day about.

Do you Swear: In any manner I can possibly think of.

Do you Sing: When alone.

Do you Shower Daily: Yes.

Have you Been in Love: Wuv. Tru wuv. Whil Fowwow Yu. Forevew.

Do you want to go to College: A little bit of a loaded question if you ask me. Short answer, yes, I really want to now. I had a warped viewpoint of higher education when adolescent, and I've always been plagued with lack of ambition. And I still for the life of me don't know what for (my guidance councilors failed me). When I was 14 I thought I might try to focus on writing until it hit me that I can't write very well! That house of cards came crashing down. Never bothered to rebuild it.

But currently, I really would love to be in a classroom.

Do you want to get Married: For all the wondrous cliched reasons, yeah, I would someday.

Do you believe in yourself: I like to think myself a realist. If something's in my capability, I know I will do it. If it's out of my hands, I do my best. I guess that makes me more optimistic about myself then pessimistic.

Do you get Motion Sickness: Nope, never have.

Do you think you are Attractive: When I'm in comfortable settings, I am goofy. Otherwise, I default to polite. These qualities bleed through to my physicality. Goofy and polite don't exactly make chicks go all hubba hubba. This is my main downfall, but without focusing on the negatives, I am a decent looking guy and I look damned good in short hair and a good suit.

Are you a Health Freak: Far from it.

Do you get along with your Parents: Actually, very well, yes! (They've mellowed)

Do you like Thunderstorms: Oh god, I hate them. Need I remind you about the power outages.

Do you play an Instrument: Sure don't. Always wanted to be able to play a thing or two on the piano.

In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: Sure have.

In the past month have you Smoked: In the past hour I have.

In the past month have you been on Drugs: Nope, I'm a dullard.

In the past month have you gone on a Date: How loose is your definition here.

In the past month have you gone to a Mall: I live across the street from one. I'm sure I've been in there within the past month.

In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: Sure haven't.

In the past month have you eaten Sushi: No, but I do enjoy it.

In the past month have you been on Stage: Nope.

In the past month have you been Dumped: Negatory.

In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: Ball 4.

In the past month have you Stolen Anything: The hearts of millions.

Ever been Drunk: Well.

Ever been called a Tease: Predictably, no.

Ever been Beaten up: Closest I've been is punched in the face, but I've never been tuned up.

Ever Shoplifted: Magazines and gum.

How do you want to Die:

What do you want to be when you Grow Up: I am nearly 24.

What country would you most like to Visit: edit: accidentally left this blank although I didn't really have an answer for it. Would like to visit London and Paris, I guess, no particular reason, so that'd be England and France.

Favourite Eye Color: Don't really have one. Pretty eyes are pretty eyes, eh?

Favourite Hair Color: Black

Short or Long Hair: On me? Short. What do I prefer on a girl? Long.

Height: Think we already went over this.

Weight: 190

Best Clothing Style: Solid colors, loose fitting (not baggy) pants, tight-ish shirt with button up collar.

Number of Drugs I have taken: Uno.

Number of CDs I own: uhh, who the hell knows the answer to this question?

Number of Piercings: Oh fuck no.

Number of Tattoos: Zero, and most likely none to come, despite my friends' constant suggestions.

Final Thoughts: I have been watching 12 Monkey while filling this out. It's a pretty good movie.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Jun 22, 2007 - 03:40 AM
Werewolf? SAUS? BSC? Deni's probation?
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the ODIN SPHERE.

everyone should just relax and play the hell out of it like I've been doing

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Mar 3, 2007 - 09:18 PM
Round 4. A note to Drakken.
Please do not group any of these songs in round three to ensure maximum final 32 quality:

Bomberman 2 - Track 2
Spoiler:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:

Bubble Ghost - The Bubble Ghost Song
Spoiler:

Dr. Mario - Chill
Spoiler:

Dune - Map of Arrakis
Spoiler:

Game & Watch Gallery - Octopus
Spoiler:

The Great Giana Sisters - Loading Theme
Spoiler:

HeroQuest - HeroQuest Theme
Spoiler:

Hot Rod - Theme
Spoiler:

Landstalker - Mysterious Island
Spoiler:

The Legend of Heroes IV - Run, Avin!!
Spoiler:

Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Mushroom Forest
Spoiler:

Lufia: The Legend Returns - Town of Albano
Spoiler:

M.C. Kids - Track 5
Spoiler:

Maniac Mansion - The Boys Are Still Back' by Fat Patty (Dave's Theme)
Spoiler:

Master of Monsters - Into the Deep Blue Sky (BGM 06)
Spoiler:

Mega Turrican - Stage 1-1
Spoiler:

Monty on the Run - In-Game Music
Spoiler:

Pokémon Trading Card Game - Club Master Duel
Spoiler:

Pop'n Music GB - Texas Gunman
Spoiler:

Project S-11 - Mud Level
Spoiler:

Q*Bert - Track 1
Spoiler:

Rambo - In-Game Theme
Spoiler:

Shining Force II - Map Theme 1
Spoiler:

The Smurfs - BGM 09
Spoiler:

Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos - Title
Spoiler:

Space Harrier - Theme
Spoiler:

Supremacy - Theme
Spoiler:

Super Mario Bros. 2 - Enjoying the Land
Spoiler:

Toki Tori - Home Sweet Home (Fifth Cutscene / Credits)
Spoiler:

Wolverine - BGM for Odd-Numbered Levels
Spoiler:

Wolverine - Title Screen
Spoiler:

Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap - The Danger Zone
Spoiler:

If it manages to pull out a victory, replace Rambo with Spellbound - Title/In-Game Music (Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: ).

If you absolutely must, here are the only suitable substitues.

Akumajo Densetsu - Beginning
Spoiler:

Gleylancer - Stage 1 (Asteroid Field)
Spoiler:

Kirby's Dream Land 2 - Cloudy Park
Spoiler:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Tal Tal Heights
Spoiler:

Metroid - Kraid's Hideout
Spoiler:

Pictionary - Mini-Game Theme 2
Spoiler:

Robocco Wars - Main Theme
Spoiler:

Mp3 tags included for advertisement effect. Hear stuff you like, keep a heads up for round three, then go support it!

Why does the Bomberman track play at twice the speed in the mp3 tag?

Currently Playing: what do you think

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Feb 3, 2007 - 05:42 AM
Going to the coast for the weekend~
Heading to enjoy the wonderful blustery Oregon beach, throw frisbees, fly kites, fun stuff. Also planning to hit the Native American Museum casino while we're down there, so blow on these for good luck and I'll see you all Sunday night, I'm sure.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Jan 28, 2007 - 07:28 PM
Wii(ow)ner
I've been casually looking around for a Wii. And by casually, I mean that I've gone browsing the stores once the entire time it has been released, it was last Tuesday when I woke up way early and had a load of time to do something before work. I checked Best Buy, nothing. Checked a local EB, they sold the last one "twenty minutes ago." I wasn't going to go much further than that, but there was a Walmart near by. Under normal situations, you will never find me walking into a Walmart, but I was there, it was right next door, I figured I should look. Clerk told me they were getting some in the 28th. Okay then.

Saturday night, I decide I want to try in the morning and I'm going to stay up straight through until they open, not too much of a stretch for me, I usually hit the sack around 5am on a normal basis anyhow, two more hours on a weekend isn't going to kill me.

Got there about a half hour before the place opens. I don't see a line, except I see one guy kind of pacing about in the, uh, whatchamacallit, area between the first set of doors and second set which actually lead into the building. I sit in my car for about five minutes, cause, you know, it's warm in there, decent song on the radio. Actually, it hit me how much of a dork I was feeling like doing the whole getting there early for video games thing, and was a little apprehensive about awkwardly enquiring to anyone around what the deal with the Wiis were.

As I'm walking up to the building, this lady's walking in stride with me, asks if I'm one of her Wii people (uhg). Said that they had 17 and I could wait inside with the others, which there were about 10 people or so, one uber nerd in the front of the line, the rest seemed to be parents getting their kids one. Not a very chatty crowd other than people asking kids which would be better to get, a remote or a nunchuck? Man, people were really confused over the controller even after having it explained to them a number of times. Not by me. I was keeping my mouth shut. I didn't particularly want to converse with any of these people. I think I may have a slight superiority complex in certain situations, being inside a Walmart is one of those such scenarios.

Someone asked if there would be tickets or vouchers handed out to those in line. Someone came back with little ripped off pieces of plain white paper with a number scratched down with an ordinary ink pen. I was number eight.

Oh, fuck me, only ten minutes have passed. Twenty left to go, ahhh. Really bored. This is dumb. I think about taking a pen out of my pocket and writing an one down on the back of my ticket and causing a huge scene once inside with dork nuts down in front. I wonder if I step away for five minutes to smoke, will people claim I got out of line and have to go to the back? I got my ticket, but, eh, I can wait.

I use to work at Target. Much to my amusement slash embarrassment, I saw not just one, but two people I use to work the graveyard shift with over there not employed at Walmart, coming in to work the opening shift. I think we were pretty much on neutral terms. I saw that they held a job here and they saw I was one of those people. One of her Wii people.

The doors at last open. Some people are walking kinda fast, but to my relief, no one is running, which I guess isn't normal, one of the workers observed out loud to herself as I was passing, "Why is no one running?" We're grown adults that's why! No, wait, the tickets are probably the only reason actually. So I get over to the electronics section after everybody else does. Doesn't really matter, they have enough for the amount that were waiting, but they still do call out numbers, so I didn't have to wait that long.

I overhear the cashier and some of the people in the line going back and forth on some horror stories of people who've been looking for awhile, some of the faces in the line were familiar to her from previous attempts to get one of these things. I chimed in that I've been waiting only thirty minutes and it's seemed too long already, I couldn't imagine the people who do this overnight or more than once, and that I was glad this was my first real effort at trying to find one, and it wasn't bad for a half to a full hours amount of work, I really hardly tried and I'd actually have one in my hands before this guy here two spots behind me who's been here twice before and god knows where else however many number of times, guess some are just lucky.

O crap, this thing's heavier than I thought it would be. When I got home and unwrapped the thing, it turns out that's not due to the system itself, but everything in the box that goes with it.

So I got my Wii. Got my Zelda. I will see you guys around.

Currently Playing: Not Wii at the moment - Tetris Attack (GB) - End Credits

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

Jan 11, 2007 - 05:52 AM
The bravest among you.
Yes, my new avatar, title, and signature are from exactly what you think they are.

I am not afraid. I have sat through that film. On purpose. I admit it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

Dec 31, 2006 - 11:51 PM
Taken for a Ride
Forewarning, this is going to be both somewhat angsty and tl;dr on top of that. It may be worth the read if you know nothing about the wonderful world of being in the market for a car.

It already seems to me like I've been driving forever, but I was only issued my license six months ago, almost to the day. Almost everybody starts so young. Sixteen year olds are always there every time I drop into the DMV, father or mother or both by their side the day of them turning old enough to qualify for a permit. I was one of them too.

I first received a permit on September 8th, 1999. I remember this date very specifically because not only had I just turned 16 two days prior, but it was also the day I got my excitable dorky hands of FFVIII on the day of it's release. I was giddy about this upcoming day. Anticipation wasn't the word, it was stronger than that, it was my singular view for the entire summer, September the 8th. Get the game I'd been gay for since it was announced, but, much more important to what I'm getting at here, take my first steps towards getting behind the wheel, first steps towards adult responsibility.

What my parents provided for me to help me get my permit includes the following: a ride to the DMV. I picked up the study booklet myself, studied entirely on my own, paid the fee with my own money. It should of probably been expected from having people around who would hardly assist me in this aspect, people who were content to let me just glide through my teenage years on autopilot, demand nothing out of me other than attending church three days a week, who taught me nothing of the importance of education and who planted no thought or hope of college in my head, that after I aced the test, for the entirety of the time my permit was valid, I was not given a single driving outing.

Time passed and I never bothered renewing my efforts towards driving. I got to know my city by bus and public transit took me everywhere I needed to go. I got older, I got a job, I moved out of my parents house. It wasn't until the end of 2005 that driving seemed would become a necessity soon.

At the time, I was approaching my third year of working the graveyard shift at a local Target which was within walking distance. I was growing tired of working retail, tired of the hours, and I didn't relish the thought of another holiday season. My roommates at the time were my long time friend Jeremy and his girlfriend Amanda. He and I were in the same boat. He was without a license himself and he'd been working McDonalds for a number of years. He was so tired of it that he actually rolled the dice with a temp service to find some sort of factory job, and he did at a company called Warn.

Warn is a winch making company, multi ton pulling devices you mount to a truck or ATV. Because Jeremy's an exceptional worker, he got hired on from being a temp at the three month mark. Because his word pulled some weight, when he vouched for me as a reference at my job interview there, it counted for a lot and I got hired on despite having no mechanical background or aptitude.

When the couple first suggested to me to go for a position there, my main concern was getting to and from with no car. Jeremy was given a ride and picked up by Amanda each day and since we all lived together, they assured me that I could ride along as well. It was agreed that I would take steps towards becoming independent of them in the meantime. Not very long after starting at Warn, I got the news that Amanda was pregnant. My indefinite time frame to take care of my own shit just got a definite deadline.

The plan was that while Jeremy would get his permit first and Amanda would be the licensed driver with him, I would go through the same cycle with him once he was licensed. It still dumbfounds me how friends with busy lives of their own, who are preparing to start a family would make out time to give me that helping hand where my own parents failed to do so.

My first car was a 1990 Subaru Loyale wagon bought for 800 dollars off of a friend's mother. It was dented and scratched to shit. The heat and ac didn't work. I found out later that, when it rained, the seal of the driver's side door wasn't one hundred percent and water would leak directly onto my left leg. I didn't have any problems with it running, however, until just recently when after coming off of a highway exit and hitting a red light, accelerating did nothing when it came time to go again and there was a heavy amount of steam coming from under the hood.

The saga of the death of this car goes like this. After it broke down this first time, I got a tow back to my place. After some time left sitting, the car starts again. I decide to try and drive it into work the next day. It makes it to work fine. The drive home is fine until I begin to pull in to park. I can tell it's just starting to act up again. I walk to my front door and the weather is below thirty degrees that night. When I put the key in the lock, the lock seems a bit stiff. I struggle with it and my key snaps off in the door.

Because it's so cold out and because there's no telling when my current roommate would be home, because my phone is about to die and I can't call anybody, I decide to chance it and drive to a friend's place. Of course, I brake down on the way. Pushed my car into a parking lot and walked the rest of the way. Walked back the next morning to try and start it. No dice. Got a tow back to my friends, he has some family who knows cars who would take a look at it. But I also give it another go to try to start it, and it turns over. I see if I can't get it home with Jeremy driving behind me in case I do brake down a third time, which, of course, I do.

While Jeremy is carting me back and forth to work with him all week, I finally get some people from work as a favor to look at things to identify the problem. Turns out it was my head gasket that was blown. Turns out my radiator wasn't holding water because of it and coolant got into my oil. Turns out that Subarus are notoriously hard to work on because the everything's packed so tight that any work with the engine requires for it to be pulled out entirely and the labor costs are stupidly high. And it turns out that with a car of this age with this problem, it's not worth it to fix. R.I.P., my Loyale.

Now I am left to find something new. This is where my frustrations and concerns multiply. I could seek out another cheepo piece of junk but I had seen my older siblings go through this pattern of waiting for something unreliable to break down, picking up a new junker, and I didn't want to be stuck in that pattern. I made a decision to at least give it a try to get something financed.

Walking into a dealership for the first time was a bit intimidating for me but I was determined to keep a calm level head about things knowing that I was primarily looking for information. I wanted to know what was feasible for me, what sort of credit rating I could get, and I knew that I probably wouldn't be walking out of the place with a vehicle. I wasn't going to be pressured into something I couldn't afford.

I give them my info to run my credit, I tell them what sort of payments I can afford. They have something, an 03 Chevy Cavilar that they think they can get me financed on. The numbers they come back with are too high. I tell them that I can't budge from a certain amount as a max and they come back with redone numbers that are doable. As much as I wasn't expecting to bring anything home with me that day, I was already exasperated over once again relying on my friends and the bus. I needed something, I needed it soon, I wanted it reliable, and though it would make things tight, I didn't anticipate getting any better offers and I could make these payments.

The one sticking point was insurance. Full coverage's required for anything financed and what I was paying on the Subaru was liability only. I told them that if I couldn't get insurance in the range I was covered already with the payments they wanted from me already, I could not take this car. Getting this car was situational upon the insurance payments. We called what was the company I went through at the time and the rate to switch over to that car was 240 more from what I was paying. Obscene. We checked some other places online that were even higher.

They told me that they'd try to check things out with an agent from Farmers who happened to be there. He took all my info and came back with a miracle. 120 a month for full coverage. I was beside myself. A down payment, monthly payments, insurance, even a very low APR. I decided to take the plunge.

I've been off of work this whole week as a part of a Christmas break. It hasn't been relaxing in the slightest. My nerves are still racked over the prospect. I've been diligent of taking care of my remaining responsibilities of the deal, my end is taken care of and I'm told the rest of what I need is mainly coming through the mail. For that reason, I've been checking it daily. That's when I got some alarming news from Farmers.

"Page 2

Reason for cancellation or non-renewal

Reason for the action indicated on Page 1 of this notice is as follows:

One year of licensed driving experience is required prior to being issued in our preferred market. Our records indicate that Nathan Stegall does not meet this requirement. Please contact your agent for assistance."

I was shaking, I was so mad. The planets had to align perfectly for things this to work, this is a wrench in the gears. First of all, I got sold something that I didn't qualify for which all parties involved understood was a dealbreaker. I was straight out lied to, lied to my face. In no uncertain terms, I was asked by the agent how long I have been driving for and I answered six months and he sold me insurance for a car that I would be driving off the lot based on that insurance. Now I get some bullshit in the mail telling me, "You may arrange for continuous protection by contacting your Farmers agent promptly. Your agent is authorized to continue your insurance in the Mid-Century insurance company."

Uh, isn't that called a GODDAMED BAIT AND SWITCH MOTHERFUCKERS?

It's less of a deal that I got the rug pulled out from under me and more important that I don't have this car repossessed, lose the down payment, and shoot my credit to shit because the financing company finds out that I've been dropped by my insurance before it ever got started.

I'm 23 years old. I should have graduated sometime around now in my life. I'm beyond frustration in being a late bloomer and learning these life lessons that should already be behind me, that I should of had some support on in my youth from parents that should of kept a better eye out for me landing on my feet.

Imagine the biggest, forlorn sigh you can and place it here. The powers that be owe me a streak of luck for 07. And speaking of New Years, I'm not doing a damned thing.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Dec 30, 2006 - 06:19 PM
Question
I notice a bunch of people talking about getting Phoenix Wright lately. Are they talking about the sequel or did the first game get a reprint? Or maybe it's just coincidence. By the time I first bought my DS it was already impossible to find, it definitely would of been an initial purchase for sure. If it's more readily available now, clue me in?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Dec 23, 2006 - 06:39 AM
Anyone up for helping me out with my avatar?
I did a slipshod job, and I need all those blue edges removed. I can't seem to manage it while at the same time keeping a straight edge. Also, inside the dragon design, it is very noticeable, but I didn't know how to go about approaching that.

Thought the sig would be the hard part, but, although more time consuming, that turned out pretty well, I think.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #19]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal