Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Elmoogle's Journal

Elmoogle's Journal Statistics
View Elmoogle's profile
Entries 39 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (5.13% of total)
Views 8380
Replies Elmoogle has made 411 comments [view stats]
Comments 229 comments (5.87 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 42 props given to Elmoogle [who be proppin?]
Buddies 53 buddies
Relation You are not Elmoogle's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 22, 2008 - 12:33 PM
I'm naming this entry Frank.
There's a tree in my yard, I don't know the species, but it produces the most gorgeous lilac and pink blossoms. Every year, it blooms just before the final freeze and these flowers last all but two days before wilting and shriveling into a brown sticky molasse that drips onto my parked car. It takes the tree a few solid months to recover and just as the first new buds begin to poke through the harsh Texas summer swoops in and murders everything in its path.

There's some beauty to be found in the futility of all this, but I'm still searching.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Jan 3, 2008 - 04:02 AM
A Brief Summary of What's Been Happening in My Life.
Playing my Christmas PSP, bitches.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Dec 23, 2007 - 11:35 AM
Ron Paul on Tax Free Tips
Quote:
It is an outrage that waiters, waitresses, and other service-sector employees have to pay taxes on the tips they earn. The IRS makes an estimate of how much service-sector workers will make in tips, and taxes them on it even if the taxpayer did not actually earn as much as the IRS' estimate!

Tips provide a substantial portion of the income of many service-sector employees, many of whom are young people just trying to make a few extra dollars to get through school, or single parents often balancing two jobs while trying to make enough to raise a family. This tax amounts to nothing more than the federal government punishing these employees for working hard and doing their jobs well.

I have introduced H.R. 3664 in Congress to end this problem. The Tax Free Tips Act of 2007 will exempt tips from federal income and payroll taxes. Ending taxes on tips will give workers an immediate pay raise, letting them keep more money to put toward things like a house or car payment, their retirement, or their own and/or their children's education.

When you give someone a tip, you should not have to simultaneously tip the federal government.
I want to have this man's children.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (15 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Oct 11, 2007 - 06:53 PM
Gamingforce Interactive Forums
It's essentially just a bunch of people standing around with their arms crossed giving each other angry looks while Team Awesome rides around on dinosaurs in the background firing pistols into the air.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Jun 5, 2007 - 01:03 PM
Fantastic Boat Names I've Seen -- BONUS QUESTIONS FOR BEANERS
Jake's Addiction
Cheaper than a Wife

Feel free to add your own.

----------------------------------------------------
SUPER EXTRA QUESTIONS FOR TRUE HISPANICS INSTEAD OF PINCHE GRINGO HALF-BREEDS LIKE MYSELF:

Why do all Hispanic people hate ice?
Why is every drink from Mexico carbonated?
How come delicious goat's milk candy isn't more readily available in the US?

I yearn for knowledge.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

May 15, 2007 - 08:57 PM
ATTENTION MR. INFERNAL MONKEY
I bought Klax.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

May 7, 2007 - 02:55 PM
I saved a turtle today.
What have you done for society?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Apr 19, 2007 - 12:42 PM
$4 Beer from a Plastic Cup/Pictures at a Concert [56k Warning]
Edgefest was last Sunday. My girlfriend snapped enormous amounts of pictures so I'm going to share here what I see as her "best of."

First up was The Vanished at 10 o' clock in the AM:

If you listen to the radio, you've probably heard "The Longest Goodbye," which I'm pretty sure is their only current hit. They were a decent opening act.

Then there was Bullet for My Valentine:

I'd never actually heard of them, and I still haven't heard much of them since I was too busy during their performance tossing crowd-surfers and shielding my girlfriend from being crushed. The lead singer yelled "Let's see some fuckin moshpits!" and one point and I just went "fuck." It took us a few more bands to finally decide we weren't pit people.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus came next:

I like "Face Down" even though it's pretty repetitive, so seeing these guys was cool.

Then the bigger names began, starting with Bowling for Soup:

All their songs are the fun sing-a-long type, so these guys are great to see live. They also cracked jokes the entire time, which helped liven the mood from the previous bands' "this next song is about betrayal - it's called Love Bleeds Sonic Deathballs."

Jet is just a bunch of Australians:

Another band I didn't hear much of due to the crowd being too lively. We actually got pummeled with three crowd-surfers at once (dumbasses don't know how to time their jumps) and ended having to frantically scramble off the ground. We knew here that we were tired of being kicked in the head, so I grabbed her and forced my way backwards through the crowd until we could actually breath. This marked the end of our pit adventure.

Next band was Papa Roach. I missed their first two songs because I was waiting in line to buy some overpriced drinks. Their were vendors on the field, but they only had beer and I'm 19 (and also wanted to actually hydrate myself.) When I actually did get back to the field, it took me another song worth of time to find my girlfriend. We both agreed then that we were wimps who couldn't handle pit and that the show would be more fun standing a bit outside the crowd with the other sane people.

It wasn't long afterwards that Jacoby Shaddix (lead singer of Papa Roach) decided to run up into the bleachers and say what's up. Bree snapped this awesome fucking picture of him on the way back down:

Seriously, it could be in a goddamn magazine. And since the professional cameras remained on stage, this is probably the best shot of him doing this.

Blue October played next, but we spent literally the entire concert waiting in line for food. The vendors were not only ridiculously priced, but slow as all hell. It's okay though, because I didn't want to see them that much. I think they were only on the main stage because they're a Dallas band.

Then came Muse:

Muse is one of those bands that rocks about 17 times more in person. If you ever get the chance to see them, buy some fucking tickets. They were awesome.

AFI was nex- wait, when did AFI turn into a bunch of hairchans:

They put on a great show and even played some older songs. Rocking was had.

Night crept over the staduim; My Chemical Romance took the stage:

Bree's camera takes bad night shots and their entire performance was dark with this cool flashlight effect on the lead singer's face, so most of the pictures turned out bad. A lot of music snobs write these guys off as teeny boppers trying to be scary, but I've always thought their music was pretty good so fuck off.

The climax of the show was none other than the motherfuckin Killers:

My god, they took the stage for about an hour and played what seemed like their entire catalog of songs. They were amazing. During "All These Things That I Have Done," Flowers held the microphone to the audience for a few thousand people to chant "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier." Their concert alone was worth the price of admission.

What really upset me though was that Placebo was stuck on the second stage. They're a huge international act with more years under their belt than nearly every band there. They may have a lesser following in the US, but they could have easily replaced one of the less-tested bands on the main stage *coughblueoctobercough*. Also, the concert staff did not a damn thing to help you find the second stage or even point you to were programs were being passed out. Because of this, I missed seeing one of my favorite bands. The whole "27 bands!" things comes off as a crock when you realize you can only see about 11 of them due to scheduling. So goes Edgefest.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Feb 28, 2007 - 12:06 PM
So I'm going to this little shindig
Edgefest 16
April 15th
Frisco, TX

The Killers - My Chemical Romance - A.F.I. - Muse - Blue October - Jet - Papa Roach - Bowling for Soup - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Kaiser Chiefs - Sparta - Saosin - Bullet for My Valentine - Say Anything - Placebo - Finger 11 - Ataris

So I pretty much heard Placebo and The Killers were playing within an hour of me and was like . A.F.I., Muse, Ataris, and the Chemical Romance boys (shut up, they're not bad alright and my girlfriend loves them) will also be cool. The rest are all either not bad or I've never heard of them so bigthumbsup.

Anybody want to come?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #19]

Dec 14, 2006 - 03:36 AM
Rocks rather hard
Stumbled upon a copy of Phoenix Wright the other day. Currently playing it like some tricked out ho. Guess I have to join Team Awesome now or something.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 delays)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #18]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Elmoogle's Journal