Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
SuperSonic's Journal

SuperSonic's Journal Statistics
View SuperSonic's profile
Entries 86 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 50044
Replies SuperSonic has made 71 comments [view stats]
Comments 345 comments (4.01 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 93 props given to SuperSonic [who be proppin?]
Buddies 2 buddies
Relation You are not SuperSonic's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Aug 7, 2007 - 12:03 AM
My taste in game music
Well it seems that every Best Song Contest that comes about, someone always has to question the songs I nominate. They question my taste in game music just because it's different. Nobody wants to hear anymore of Chrono Trigger - Last Battle or Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Final Boss. I thought, "You know, maybe I'll give them something different this year...a little more epic."

So I nominated two of the best songs I had heard all year, Theme of Sonic the Hedgehog ~ E3 2006 Version ~ (SONIC the Hedgehog) and Rage Awakened (Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix). I then also nominated one that I sorta liked but I figured everyone else would like, Aquatic Base ^Level 1^ (SONIC the Hedgehog).

Well my favorite two nominations were knocked out in the first round. Theme of Sonic and loses to some shitty Parappa song. After all the stuff I hear about songs with words in these contests, something awesome like Theme of Sonic goes and loses to that? Well...it was by one vote, so it could've been worse.

Now Aquatic Base lost in the 2nd round to Objection 2001. That's the battle that caused me to go buy the game and find out what all the fuss was about. Damn good game and I like hearing Objection, but still...Aquatic Base should've won that one hands down.

Oh I'm not done...there was a prelim vote on whether the short or long version of Hyrule Field from Zelda: Twilight Princess. After the version was voted on, what was one of the first things I saw when it went to Round 1? It was voted against, because the version that was in the contest wasn't appealing enough so the other song was voted for. What the hell?!

Also, World Revolution was in the contest. By no means is it a bad song, but compared to Last Battle...it doesn't stand a chance.

Oh, and let's not forget the Best Chiptune Contest...everyone's seen the signature I made from Roflfox's comment. Mutant League Football's title screen music rocks the fucking world. Oh, it's true...it's damn true.

I've come to think that maybe my tastes aren't what's wrong, but those who question my tastes have the problem. So to those who think the songs I listen to/nominate suck and that I have bad taste in music, I can say the same thing to some of the stuff you guys listen to.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 rings)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Aug 3, 2007 - 11:09 AM
Man I've missed my 360
But it's good to have it back, first thing I did...was download Sonic for Xbox Live Arcade. Heh, had to check out the achievements and they don't look bad. The only one that worries me is completing the game without dying. Ah well.

Afterwards, I played SONIC the Hedgehog and damn...I've missed that game! So much better and more fun than Secret Rings. Listening to the credits now...ugh...there's that shitty His World sung by those guys from Zebrahead. *shakes head* Maybe next Sonic game, Sega will learn to use Crush 40.

Currently Playing: SONIC the Hedgehog (360)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 rings)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Jul 29, 2007 - 09:17 AM
Phoenix Wright
Well thanks to BSC 2007 I have yet again gotten into another game. This time it's Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the DS. After somehow getting fucking lucky against the best track in the entire contest, Theme of Sonic the Hedgehog ~2006 E3 Version~, I figured I should see what the big deal is about. The game is freakin crack...you know what it reminds me of? If any of you have played those Negotiator or Ambition flash games from Zapdramatic.com or Newgrounds, that's exactly what it is. I haven't beaten it yet, right now I'm at the beginning of Episode 4 "Turnabout Goodbyes".

I have a few things to say about BSC, but I'll leave that for another day.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 rings)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Jun 18, 2007 - 09:07 PM
It's a sad day
034 SONIC the Hedgehog - Theme of Sonic the Hedgehog ~2006 E3 Version~ 49.21%
223 Parappa the Rapper - Chop Chop Master Onion's RAP 50.79%

I'd be more pissed off if the track lost by more, but one vote makes me a bit proud of it...however, it went out in the first round. Two top nominations left in the contest.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 rings)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Jun 13, 2007 - 05:44 PM
Whee
Well, now I'm on the 10th floor of Castle Oblivion on KH Re:CoM using my last world card, Hollow Bastion. Man, I can't believe how much different the versions of Hollow Bastion were between KH1 and KH2. Wish the game would come out in English in the US.

Who believes we need a complete soundtrack for the Rockman.exe anime? I mean all the way from the first one to Beast +.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 rings)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Jun 12, 2007 - 09:43 PM
First Entry
First entry on the Chocojournal, decided to give this baby a try. Well recently I've beaten Final Fantasy IV for the PS1 and am now trying to complete Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM for the PS2. FF4 was alright.

Oh, and of course if you're keeping up with the GFF Best Song Contest you'll notice that the best track in the entire contest is losing. I seriously thought I had a winner this time around but it looks like it's gonna be out by the first round.

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 rings)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
SuperSonic's Journal