Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The Wulf's Journal

The Wulf's Journal Statistics
View The Wulf's profile
Entries 4 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 2704
Replies The Wulf has made 45 comments [view stats]
Comments 7 comments (1.75 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1 props given to The Wulf [who be proppin?]
Buddies 1 buddies
Relation You are not The Wulf's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Oct 14, 2008 - 04:14 PM
Attempting Normal Use
Since my hand was first broken, I've gone a grand total of 42 days without using it in a normal sense. Normal use in this case meaning writing, mouse usage, typing, sketching - the works. I am out of a cast, yes, but now in a splint/brace. Even though I've been stretching it whenever I can find the time, and have been for the past twelve days, it still remains painfully tight.

Honestly, I've been getting really frustrated with this whole situation. I will be able to use the knowledge I've gained from this and will avoid any further confrontation with couches and their kin. But I find myself extremely eager to have this be done and over with. The next nine days feels like an eternity, and how anxious I was to get the cast off is nothing compared to how anxious I am for my next hand-surgeon and radiology appointments.

And I am hoping that I do not need another brace - that maybe a little bit of physical therapy at the most will be all that's left.

Last night, I took my splint off and made an attempt at artwork. A quick sketch, still, my hand swelled almost immediately after I had begun, and remained somewhat swollen until early afternoon.

It was painful at times, and I could not quite get the pencil, or my hand for that matter, to cooperate and move the way I had wanted them to. So, I'm really not too happy with the results, but I suppose I cannot complain too much. It's progress.

Spoiler:

The most frustrating part of this was the entire rear left leg. Especially the paw.

Nothing compared to what I'm used to creating, but, again, its a start. Once I get my sketchbooks from Oregon maybe I'll post an example of that as well.

And, hopefully, I shall be able to type normally again soon.

Currently Playing: "Speicherbar" And One

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 barks)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Oct 2, 2008 - 10:11 PM
Fracture Healed, Now RoM Work
A month ago to date, I sustained multiple fractures to the base my fifth metacarpal in my right hand. I have ambidextrous tendencies, but do rely on my right hand than my left.

The fracture I got was from a couch. Not the cushioned, soft, fluffy couch one might think, but instead a wooden one with very fine, sharp-edged frame. According to my hand surgeon, it supposedly could've happened to anyone if the angle and force was right - though I'm sure all the phosphoric acid and various other chemicals I used to consume as a kid probably did not help the circumstances, if not direct impacting the possibility of me ever sustaining a fracture.

I will say, however, that this would be the first I've ever gotten.

And I am, apparently, very lucky that the structure did not move at all.

At first I wasn't even sure it was broken until I felt something move when I applied pressure. A trip to the ER for radiology and a referral to a hand surgeon. Two days later, the surgeon came to the conclusion that the bone did not need to be set, much less need surgery. So a trip to the UC for casting was made (and was an adventure in itself).

Today, the cast was removed. Huzzah.

I should have my full-range of motion as it is, supposedly, but really stiff joints, tendons, and muscles. So far, everything seems to be in order - the fist, wrist, and finger extension. However, I can only retract the index, middle, and fifth finger. The ring finger, which was immobilized to keep my fifth metacarpal from moving, will not retract and causes a fair amount of pain when aided in the process.

I do not think much of it now, knowing that this really is just day one. However, I do not begin physical therapy for another three weeks (when my temporary removable splint is no longer needed). I was, however, told to try and stretch the nerves, muscles,and tendons every couple hours.

These are no stranger to me, I've done similar things for my so-called "permanent" shoulder damage. But, they were for shoulder nerve damage, so I guess my question is:

Does anyone have any suggestions on hand exercises to help for the next three weeks?

Currently Playing: "Rearming Strafbomber" And One

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 barks)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Sep 5, 2008 - 04:09 PM
Fucking Ow
owowow
I went to a hand surgeon early this afternoon. I apparently have multiple fractures on my 5th metacarpal in my right hand.

Got sent to the University of Chicago to get a cast. That's not a problem however...

UoC doesn't have street names posted in any logical position for those trying to leave.

Bastards.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 barks)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Sep 4, 2008 - 07:01 PM
Christ, Ive missed a lot
brokenhandhurts
Shit, its been almost a year since I was last on these forums.
Hope I didn't miss a revolution or anything near its significance.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 barks)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The Wulf's Journal