Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dee's Journal

Journal Banner
*organ*

Dee's Journal Statistics
View Dee's profile
Entries 33 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 12240
Replies Dee has made 229 comments [view stats]
Comments 349 comments (10.58 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 9 props given to Dee [who be proppin?]
Buddies 6 buddies
Relation You are not Dee's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jul 20, 2007 - 12:34 AM
Musical trading lolsss
I kind of enjoy meeting the new interns at my new company, and after the company held intern "retreat" (which was pretty awesome... after work hours), you meet a lot of new interesting people. What I find really interesting are people who are pretty passionate about music, regardless of what genre (even if I can't really bother to listen to it). Example, an intern on my floor who's pretty chill really digs electronica, underground hip hop, reggae rock and funk rock, but he doesn't really know anything else so it's hard to talk about music with him. However, we're both pretty passionate that when we do, it doesn't really matter what we listen to, you know what I mean? We trade music whenever we get bored and come by our cubicles (which happen more often than not). I lend him my Ipod, he lends me his. What was really funny was that yesterday I came by and found him writing an alphabetical list on his steno pad starting with "The Animals" down to "The Cars". He said he was going to download them later, and I told him dude, you're pretty hard core going alphabetically, lol. I felt kind of bad because I half assed my way through his Sublime's first album (which he told me to listen to first and wasn't that great...). Although I have successfully converted him to Muse because he likes Radiohead, so *fist pump*.

Anyway, another intern I met during the retreat who was totally hitting on me at the hotel pool (also must mention hot), and again last weekend at the bar, and we found out that we both like to listen to indie but we didn't spend too much time talking about it (hur hur). For me, it's difficult to find people with similar indie tastes as mine because most people I know at my uni like things like Yo La Tengo, Okkervil River, MK Ultra, Ratatat, Voxtrot, Arcade Fire, Cat Power, etc. etc. ad naseum that it is just too diverse. Most indie lovers I know also DJ at my college radio, and it is difficult to find another DJ to talk indie with because there is too much fucking indie out there that we're never cohesive. It's like, no... I haven't heard of them... etc. That pretty much sums up my experience with music lovers in general (yes, even classic rock!).

We decided to trade a mix CD, and so here is mine with regards to what he has told me he liked (which began with lo-fi). I find difficulty making mix CDs, but I wanted to make one that is recent and for the most part songs unknown (although I know some artists/songs in my 80 min. list are quite popular). I don't know the depth of his knowledge, and I wanted to avoid really popular indie artists, but sometimes I like some so much that it's hard not to. And even then, sometimes popular songs pass you by. Here's what I've burnt:

1. interpol - pioneer to the falls
2. ben folds five - mess
3. howie beck - don't be afraid
4. tally hall - the bidding
5. tigercity - are you sensation?
6. mute math - noticed
7. my teenage stride - reversal
8. calexico - quattro
9. nada surf - do it again
10. the go! team - junior kickstart
11. the shins - phantom limb
12. frausdots - dead wrong
13. the apples in stereo - sundial song
14. fancy trash - tulips
15. andrew bird - a nervous tic motion of the head to the left
16. kaiser chiefs - oh my god
17. house of fools - live and learn
18. elliott smith - high times
19. the delgados - no danger

Ah, and I just found out that I couldn't attend ACLfest anyway because my fucking career fair is the same Friday! Oh shitters. I didn't really care that much since Saturday was sold out, and Muse is my favorite band on the entire list. =(

Currently Playing: The Smiths - Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Jul 8, 2007 - 01:01 AM
Wanted an excuse to make a new entry
Name: d
Birthday: July 15
Birthplace: USA
Current Location: same
Eye Color: dark brown
Hair Color: dark brown. Have had people say it's brown (or highlighted... haven't done that since late 90s), or dark red. wtf, it's like about black to me.
Height: 5'5"
Right Handed or Left Handed: right
Your Heritage: Taiwanese
The Shoes You Wore Today: none, but my favorite pair are my green Onitsuka Tigers
Your Weaknesses: a funny hot guy
Your Fears: cockroaches
Your Perfect Pizza: don't really like pizza... too many calories!
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: graduate
Your Most Overused Phrases On an instant messenger: don't chat, but in the rare occasion that I do it's haha
Thoughts First Waking Up: fuck
Your Best Physical Feature: everything (lolol I'm vain). Mainly get compliments on hair and waist (from girls), and vast majority of compliments on looks are my clothing and accessories. I had requests to see my wardrobe closet or take me shopping with them.
Your Bedtime: normally 2:00 AM, but now because of work probably midnight
Your Most Missed Memory: a lot. I have a bad memory.
Pepsi or Coke: coke
McDonalds or Burger King: I don't eat crap
Single or Group Dates: both, or depends on guy. Normally I've had single
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: nestea
Chocolate or Vanilla: vanilla ice cream, chocolate candy
Cappuccino or Coffee: jasmine tea
Do you Smoke: no
Do you Swear: often
Do you Sing: yes
Do you Shower Daily: yes
Have you Been in Love: too young to tell
Do you want to go to College: almost out, thank you
Do you want to get Married: to someone worth it
Do you believe in yourself: yes
Do you get Motion Sickness: depends, but I would think so
Do you think you are Attractive: yes
Are you a Health Freak: people say I am. I calculated my daily calorie intake and it never exceeds 1200. Is that wrong?
Do you get along with your Parents: yes
Do you like Thunderstorms: no. Would prefer sunshine and butterflies
Do you play an Instrument: piano
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: margarita
In the past month have you Smoked: no
In the past month have you been on Drugs: no
In the past month have you gone on a Date: yes
In the past month have you gone to a Mall: yes
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: you know how unhealthy that is? hell no.
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: no
In the past month have you been on Stage: no
In the past month have you been Dumped: me? never.
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: wtf no
In the past month have you Stolen Anything: yes
Ever been Drunk: not throw up drunk but yes, buzzed
Ever been called a Tease: yes
Ever been Beaten up: no. If you try I'll kick you in the balls.
Ever Shoplifted: I don't think so
How do you want to Die: rich
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: filthy rich but philanthropic
What country would you most like to Visit: Hong Kong (not technically a country...)
Best Clothing Style: google images if you're bored...->
for men: 60s/70s baroque (Beatles, Kinks, Zombies, Moody Blues etc.)
psychedelia (Cream, Hendrix, Barrett era Pink Floyd etc.)
disco (Saturday Night Fever, That 70s Show etc.)
punk (Ramones, Sex Pistols etc.);
some indie styles (Franz Ferdinand, Killers, Hives, OK Go etc.);
I have too many to count, but mainly geared towards well fitted shirts, jackets, pants and shoes. Not a fan of loose styles (skater, hip hop etc.). I just noticed I'm a retro freak. And I also like short shorts on men (think 70s tennis). Love color.
for women: more open minded because there is just so much. Basically anything that makes me look twice or forces a compliment from me (which can be tough). Today's fashion is reasonable. Not a big fan of dresses back in the 60s-80s.
Number of Drugs I have taken: 0
Number of CDs I own: 10? Sorry, I'm a pirate.
Number of Piercings: ears
Number of Tattoos: 0. Wouldn't mind if I got a decent one.
Final Thoughts:

Currently Playing: Elliott Smith - Going Nowhere

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

May 15, 2007 - 12:41 PM
Funny pick up lines
I was rummaging through my crap in my room, trying to find out what to throw out. I ended up scanning a bunch of crap so I can just have a more paperless environment. Scanning is kind of addicting. I like the notion of scanning something and then recycling the packet of paper or something. I'm weird. I just hate to see piles of paper just sitting there. Or folders/binders of it. I sometimes feel it unnecessary to keep class notes when I obviously don't care about the class after I've completed it.

I found this list of pick up lines that I found funny freshman year in college. I thought they were nerdy, but in a funny way.

Quote:
Are your legs tired? Because you've been running through my mind all day long.

Come back to my place. We can do some math. I'll add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and then we'll multiply.

I want you to be the mother of my children. They're in the car right now.

Are you differentiable? Because I want to be tangent to your curves.

Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.

My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in.

Hi, I make more money than you can spend.

You make my software turn to hardware!

Damn, if being sexy was a crime, you'd be guilty as charged!

I may look like a nerd, but it's only a disguise.

Hey baby, wanna ride in my 16-valve, twin-cam lowered Acura Integra with BBS gold-spiked rims and a subwoofered stereo that'll leave you breathless?

Has anyone ever told you you look like Chun-Li? You know, that chick from Street Fighter 2.

I'm a computer nerd and I'd love to byte your bits as you have a beautiful graphical interface.

Wanna see the programs in my TI-92?

Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?

Did you know the word 'motel' spelled backwards means 'letom'?

You fascinate me more than the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.

You know what they say about the size of a man's calculator.

My love for you is like a concave up function because it is always increasing.

Pardon me, have you seen my missing Nobel prize around here anywhere?

Currently Playing: Cream

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (17 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

May 12, 2007 - 02:14 AM
So finals are done
I just emailed my advisor my research paper earlier tonight. It felt great. Well, I was technically done with finals April 28th, and I could've been all good and done. Except for that damn paper. I had almost no clue what the hell I'm doing; sent my advisor a rough draft, he sent back an email that began with, "This paper is very lacking" then pinpointed at least five areas where I needed to address.

Ouch.

So what did I do? Of course I worked all day and all night (haha, I adore the Kinks) on it. [go here to download the awesome The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes]

Just joking.

I mean shit, talk about going home the earliest possible moment you can during finals (almost), lounging in front of the stereo for an hour listening to vinyl, then noticing a small thing around the house that needs cleaning or rearranging, surfing the web for another hour while listening to music on the computer, then playing on the piano some chords or piece for another good hour... (Did I mention that Deep Purple's cover of Help! is simply fantastic? Gotta love that organ solo!)

Where have my days gone?? When I finally get around to doing my paper (yesterday...) I decided that enough is enough. I unplugged the internet and speakers from my computer. I sat down. Then I just walked off to grab something to eat then turn on the tv. NOOOOO. At least I finished. Not with pride, but I finished with some sort of substance. Of course I was clueless half the time and was too lazy to even proofread. He asked for more graphical representation. I just sort of kind of... okay, I just gave him one graph per quantile. Who am I kidding, it was literally kid's stuff. He wrote a comment, I would stare in front of my gmail and I could actually hear myself grease up the gears in my brain to even comprehend what he was telling me. I had to go so far as to literally write down what he wrote so it could register in my brain. I can't believe I've turned into a lazy ass hole. In high school I used to be one of those dorks who would proofread everything at least twice, even for those stupid statewide tests where anything I would have written would get a passing score anyway.

Pooh. I am the ultimate procrastinator.

Currently Playing: Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot [I just discovered this awesome band]

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Apr 13, 2007 - 02:45 AM
I finally found out who the creepy guy is
So I also work at my university's newspaper, and (now this is going to sound stalkerish) I just had to look through the picture files to see if I can find that guy. I finally found him after about a good 20 min. search, and I told one of my friends who I can trust who lives in the same residential hall to identify this guy. I also told him about the situation before hand, but he couldn't tell who I was talking about based on my previous descriptions.

Now armed with a picture, I knew I had a lead. I got a reply back from my friend, saying:

"Yeah that's actually who I thought it might be based on your description. His name is Greg -----. He is kind of creepy sometimes but he's a nice guy most of the time. Good luck with that haha."

Haha? What the... so I had to ask:

"Thanks for his name. By the way, does he do that to other people, because then I would feel less creeped out."

To which he replied:

"Yeah he's kind of awkward - that sounds like something he'd do. I don't think you should be too worried about it haha."

I don't understand. Should I just let him get away with making me feel uncomfortable this entire semester and ignore him because he's "kind of awkward", or should I just go ask him, "Why are you looking at me like that?" This is just bizarre, and I think I'm looking to much into this situation. I don't want to give other people the impression I'm an over analyzing bitch.

Currently Playing: The Moody Blues - Candle of Life

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Apr 11, 2007 - 03:11 AM
Strange dude who creepily stares at me
creeped out
That's right. Some dude from another residential hall just creepily stares at me everytime I encounter him inside our shared servery.

I noticed this the beginning of this semester, or was it last semester? See, I don't remember because it has been going on for quite a while. I'm finally fed up with him and want to confront him as soon as I see him in the servery once again. I find it quite creepy as time went on since he would just stare at me for a good 5 seconds and not even smile! WTF?

So how do I approach this guy? My roommate suggested that I go up to him and say, "I've noticed recently that you've been looking at me a lot. Do you have something to say?" or something along those lines. See, it's hard to come up with something civil to confront him with without sounding like a jackass. He could just as easily tell me, "No," and nothing will be solved. I could also just approach him and say, "Stop staring at me" but that would also prompt nothing.

What should I do? I tried staring at him back, giving him weird looks, and even saying, "Hi" to him, to which he responded curtly, "Hey." What's the deal?

I even hypothesized that if he does that to other girls/people, then I shouldn't feel so weirded out. Well, next time I see him, I'll take note if he does look at other people the same way, because frankly, he's creeping me out.

Oh yeah, interesting note, my roommates asked me if he was cute, to which I replied, "Yes." But does this make a difference to his creepiness factor? I think not. I just want to confront him about this issue as soon as possible, but in the most civil(?) manner possible.

Currently Playing: House of Fools - Live and Learn

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Mar 25, 2007 - 03:40 PM
Musicians who I think are hot
I'm bored, and I should be doing work. MEH. If anyone has any suggestions on who I might think is hot and is a musician, TELL ME. I don't know that many 80's (but I'm not into glam fem men), and I don't know that many modern band artists that are hot (please no pop punk fem bullshit!). Haha, here goes:

Pink Floyd - Syd Barrett

The Moody Blues - Justin Hayward

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Anthony Kiedis

Incubus - Brandon Boyd

Cream - Eric Clapton

The Beatles - Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney

Andy Gibb

Neil Diamond

Bob Dylan

Franz Ferdinand - Robert Hardy

Coldplay - Guy Berryman

Elvis Presley

The Killers - Brandon Flowers

I noticed that they're all not smiling. I actually like smiling pictures, but these pictures I found are also too good to pass up.

I'm terrible.

Currently Playing: The Cars - Just What I Needed

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (23 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Feb 16, 2007 - 12:03 AM
Today I drank champagne in class
My residential dorm is silly. See, today is the "traditional" (and by traditional, I mean it started less than five years ago) annual celebration of some stupid event, and by celebration, I mean that our dorm purchases a couple cases of champagne and a keg of beer at 10 AM.

I thought there was going to be music playing before I went to my second class this morning, but instead I was met with disappointment that I wouldn't be able to obtain free champagne. I grabbed my metallic thermos and went to the servery to grab hot water, but instead was met by a group huddled over orange juice and a case of champagne. What luck! It was inside after all. I quickly prompted someone to open a new bottle of champagne as I poured one part orange juice in my thermos and then around three parts champagne afterwards. Somehow they were trying to produce mimosas, which is the first I've heard of it. (I looked it up).

I walked to class, and then drank the entire thing during the first half of class. Bad bad bad decision. Thing about alcohol and me, I get drowsy. And this combined with a half ass lecturer is bad news. I fell asleep in the last half of class. Not new for me at all, but being buzzed in the middle of class was interesting indeed. Especially 11 AM in the morning. And then attempting to even half assedly pay attention to this assholic prof (I really really hate this prof). I really wanted to take a nap, but right after lunch I had yet another class. By that time, though, the sensation wore off, so that was good because this class needed a lot of my attention.

I think it's pretty funny to drink alcohol (gasp) on campus, publicly, and in the morning.

Currently Playing: The Rolling Stones - She's a Rainbow

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Jan 5, 2007 - 04:34 AM
A couple short reviews on some mangas I've read this week
A little rundown on the titles I've caught up on:
- Bleach
- Naruto
- One Piece
- Yakitate Japan

New series I picked up:
- Emma (finished)
- Hotman
- Welcome to NHK
- Paradise Kiss (finished)

Bleach: What can I say? New arc, I guess. I'm just glad to see Ishida in action again. Orihime is getting pretty annoying, but that speech she gave to the sleeping Ichigo was top notch.

Naruto: I'm actually getting tired of this manga. I don't put any effort to understand what is going on sometimes, and although it's exciting to see Naruto gain that fused technique, it doesn't have quite the oomph as previous arcs do. Oh, and Sasuke is a pussy.

One Piece: One Piece fucking rocks, I can't get enough of it. The new arc is interesting. Jokes are funnier. The character development and relationships are better. I still got sad over
Spoiler:
Merry's farewell
I really fucking love this manga.

Yakitate Japan: Still hilarious! Everything about the yakuza to Kazuma getting tonsilitis. And Kuroyanagi's reactions. Still trucking along... I wish that group will translate a little more! The new opponent looks so cartoony.

Emma: I really loved it. It was very, very well drawn, and although the character designs are not very distinguishable from one another, it didn't really detract from the overall feel of the manga. Very well written, and I see that the mangaka is very obsessed with late 19th century England. Anyway, I'm a sucker for period. And the Further Tales are also very good, even sentimental.

Hotman: I also really enjoyed this manga. I think this falls into the category of seinen manga, which is a subset I would like to delve more into. Very down to earth, and all of the family members are likable. There is just a lot of feeling in this manga, which I liked. Especially the bond between family, something not really expressed in mangas (unlike the bond between teenage friends). I just wish someone had already translated all 15 volumes because it's already finished in Japan. XP~

Welcome to NHK: I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote in the thread:

Quote:
Well, I read up to ch. 32 of the manga. I don't really plan on continuing. Although at first it became very promising, the humor was extremely funny and the wackiness of the characters even better, it slowly became one of those mind trips reminiscent of Serial Experiments Lain or Evangelion where it becomes a dialogue of thoughts that go in one ear and out the other. It doesn't surprise me that Yoshitoshi Abe (of Lain, NieA, and Haibane) illustrated the light novel.

I read less and less humor as more and more drama crept in. True, the characters are all fucked up. That can be golden material for humor; instead the mankaga tapped into the depressing areas of themselves. The more I read, the less I became interested in their outcomes. I read it that the characters had absolutely no hope or aspiration for anything beyond their selfish desires, be it Misaki's dependence on looking down on others (such hypocrisy for a dropout), Tatsu's utter laziness to do anything productive, Hitomi's dependence on drugs, or Yamazaki's lolicon obsession. To me, they are all trainwrecks that are sinking further and further into despair and depression.

Anyway! Those are my two cents. The beginning was a blast, but the series so far is going into the depths of flashbacks, running in the darkness, thought dialogues, etc. that even the ecchi sequences have lost their humor.
Shrug.

Paradise Kiss: It was a typical shoujo, but I still thought it had a really damn good ending, unlike some other shoujo mangas that had great potential... cough Hanakimi.
Spoiler:
Yukari didn't end up with George, I still thought Hiro was clearly the smarter choice for a man.
Sometimes I felt like the relationship between Yukari and George is love/hate, even immature as if they are still too young to understand (they are!). Sometimes the character designs were a little unsettling, but the fashion designs were very extravagant and pretty. I really didn't like Miwako's character design. She just looked like a five year old when she's supposed to be in high school. The crossdresser Isabella is still very... odd. But, still a decent manga for a shoujo dose even if the situation is a little impossible (like all mangas).

Currently Playing: David fucking Bowie

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Dec 1, 2006 - 06:53 PM
Ethical question
I discovered an interesting way to make a small amount of fast cash this semester. I work at my school's newspaper, and right next to our office is the campus radio office. Periodically, perhaps twice a semester, they will put out a bin of crappy promo CDs of unknown and usually crappy artists. You can tell that with some CDs the printing looks cheap, some CDs only come in sleeves, etc. But some look decent. No big namers (obviously).

This was several weeks back, I was thinking about browsing through them to see if I was interested in any. I found a salsa CD but it took me literally forever to just flip through CDs that I decided instead of crouching to look (I'm a lazy ass) why not stuff some into my backpack and look through them back in my dorm? I noticed that all of them were crap anyway. Instead of throwing them away, I was thinking through my mind how to get rid of them instead of lugging them back to the bin next time I go to the newspaper office.

I finally thought of this used book store near my uni that buys back CDs, DVDs, books, etc. (like Gamestop) and sells them for reasonable prices. I biked over there one day and dumped the CDs on the "Sell your books here" counter. They gave me a price that ended up to be around $0.75 per CD, but to me that was such easy and free money that I got excited about this stupid revelation I made (and I even have three jobs on campus - newspaper, tutoring, and grading). And I know I was being ripped off, but did I care when I heard the offer? Not really.

And then I turned around and spent a few bucks on dollar records.

But who cares! I told one of my roommates how easy this money is (with very little effort). And she told me that she thought it somewhat unethical. I told her that I was hardly ripping this store off, since the cheapest they sell their CDs outside on the clearance rack was $3. So even if they're backlogged, they can eventually get rid of them. And while browsing through their dollar records, the majority of records were complete crap from unheard artists or even non-music records (like Sesame Street sing along), so I was very sure that they do take just about anything that looks sellable, even CDs from unknown artists.

So is it really unethical? Taking free CDs and selling them? Don't people do this all the time, find things very cheap (even free) and sell them on ebay or on the street? Anyway, I'm hardly losing sleep from this.

Currently Playing: Foreigner - That was Yesterday

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 ipods)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dee's Journal