Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
JasonTerminator's Journal

JasonTerminator's Journal Statistics
View JasonTerminator's profile
Entries 29 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 5436
Replies JasonTerminator has made 64 comments [view stats]
Comments 111 comments (3.83 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to JasonTerminator [who be proppin?]
Buddies 1 buddies
Relation You are not JasonTerminator's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 30, 2010 - 08:14 AM
I'm only 'mostly dead'!
Soooooooooo, my first entry in over two years.

Sup GFF. It's been a while.

I took a two year sabbatical from life. Fun stuff. I don't plan to divulge too much about my time away other than it was a fascinating change of pace for me. I'd like to think I have a cooler head, and not quite so uptight about shit.

I've moved from southern Florida to southern California, which has been surprisingly smooth, although most of my "stuff" (Most of my older games and movies) remains at my dad's house in Florida. My apartment is too small to accommodate my entire collection right now, so I'm keeping things "light".

I've actually been in a more "normal" setting for about 6 months now, with regular access to the internet, and as such have been popping in on GFF every once and a while, but not really posting anything. I'm debating if I want to make a self-serving welcome back thread or not, but I might just start showing back up in #gfchat again or something (Assuming it's still up. I haven't checked yet.)

I'm currently training to take the CompTIA A+ Cert, and will probably follow it up with a N+, Security+ and possibly a CCNA cert as well. I'm not sure if I want to be a computer technician, but it'll make me money while I figure things out (Which I still have not done, despite my "break").

I'm still playing games and watching movies and such, with my most recent conquest being the incredible Mass Effect 2. I'm currently working on Brutal Legend (Which, as a metal fan, I think is really goddamn awesome), and after that I'm tackling Fable 2 and Bioshock 2.

Other games I've beat during my time away from GFF include Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, and God of War: Chains of Olympus.

I have a PS3 now, and have a decent Blu-ray collection (Although it's still not as big as my HD-DVD collection), but surprisingly few PS3 games. Admittedly, most of the exclusives that I want haven't dropped in price yet to where I can afford them, and most non-exclusives I want on the 360 (Only two games come to mind that I want on PS3 instead - Batman: AA and Final Fantasy XIII. I think Red Dead Redemption had something extra for PS3 players too, but I'm not sure).

Not sure what else I should say. I'm getting close to saying too much at this point I think. Time will tell how involved with GFF I get this time around, but at this point I don't plan on giving up on the website I've visited for over eight years now, longer than any site I've used other than Yahoo, Google, and IGN.

It's good to be back.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Jan 15, 2008 - 02:37 AM
Choose my next gaming experience!
It's been a while since I've played a Japanese style RPG. The last one I played was FFXII, over a year ago, and I haven't played any since. I do, however, have a large backlog of RPG's that I keep on buying and not playing, and I wanna get to starting on that group.

Here are the games:

Baten Kaitos and Origins
SMT: Digital Devil Saga parts 1 and 2
SMT: Devil Summoner
Radiata Stories
Rogue Galaxy
Romancing SaGa
Tales of Legendia

So please, recommend away!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Jun 28, 2007 - 06:32 PM
Red Ring of Your FACE!
Yeah, it seems like my 360 finally got the damn red ring of death, just two weeks after getting my HD-DVD addon. I'm not sure if it caused it to happen, since I've actually got the ring before, but usually the 360 would work after I gave it some time to cool down.

I thought for sure mine wouldn't die since I used an intercooler from day one, but it seems my luck has finally run out. I'm gonna give it until tomorrow before I call Microsoft and find out how fucked I am in terms of repair costs. Seriously, those fuckers should just give me a goddamn elite so there isn't a chance of mine dying after they send it back to me.

But in all honesty, it's probably a good thing (Except for the money factor, of course, since I'm trying to save up to buy an HD camcorder.), since I have a huge backlog of PS2 games that I've mostly neglected once I got my 360. And I still haven't beat Twilight Princess on my Wii yet either.

Oh, and just so you guys know, I'm not dead. Just making sure the word is still out there since I haven't made a journal entry in half a year (Mostly because of The Burning Crusade's release. That shit really got me into WoW more than the entire core game did. Fun stuff)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Dec 16, 2006 - 01:22 PM
Proof I am insane.
I bought a second copy of Zelda:TP, so I have it for GCN and Wii.

Now I face a dilemma: What version should I play now?

Currently, I'm at my dad's house for the winter break. He doesn't have a an HDTV, so the widescreen functions of the Wii are moot. I'm very tempted to play the GCN version while I'm here and, once I go back to the dorms, I'll play the Wii version.

However, I've already played (Very little of) the Wii version, so playing the GCN version will make me retread my steps I've already made in the game.

To be honest, it's a Zelda game, so I'll probably play through it multiple times, and when I go back to the dorms, I can play it in widescreen with progressive scan.

From what some people say, the Gamecube version's better controls make it worth playing anyway (Not to mention the mirrored aspect), so perhaps I'll just wait and play the GCN version later.

Still, I wish the decision was easy.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Dec 5, 2006 - 03:07 PM
Two copies of Zelda: TP? Perhaps...
I'm seriously considering buying the GCN version of Twilight Princess. This wouldn't be the first time I bought multiple versions of the same game (Oblivion and RE4 are recent examples of this behavior.), so I'm crazy enough to do it. I just need to figure out if it's worth it or not.

I'm not currently playing the game due to the fact that it looks like a big fucking blur on my HDTV. I honestly can't stand it, so I've decided to not play Zelda on my HDTV until I get the component cables.

Since I'm going to my dad's house for the winter break, I can't play the Wii version in widescreen or progressive scan, even if I get the component cables, so it's almost a waste to play that version there. The Gamecube version comes out next week with none of that support, making it more ideal for use at my dad's house.

I'm also interested in the mirrored nature of the game, with the Wii version mirrored from the GCN version due to Link needing to be right handed. I'm sure that playing through both versions of the game could end up being pretty interesting, having to keep the mirrored designs in mind.

There's also the collector's aspect of it, since I'm hearing the GCN version of Zelda will actually be a limited production, so it might actually be rare in the future.

I'm still not 100% sure about what I'm going to do, but I'm leaning toward getting both versions at this point. Dammit Nintendo, why did you have to port the damn game and make me decide this?!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Dec 3, 2006 - 10:39 AM
I GOTS ME ONE!
Yeah, after three hours of waiting this morning, I got a Wii along with Zelda for the awesome price of $279, including tax, for both.

I'll elaborate later. MUST PLAY NOW.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Nov 29, 2006 - 04:06 PM
It Wiill be MINE!
Yeah, bad puns and all that.

I know my previous entry pretty much says "Fuck Nintendo and your Wii", but the component cables will soon be in-stock at Nintendo's store, and will be in-stores soon as well.

With no DDD sale to distract me, and a fat paycheck on Friday with my sweet, sweet Thanksgiving hours on it, I'm gonna attempt a Wii on Sunday. I hear CC will have at least 15 per store, so I'm going to get up early and try my luck (Or, since I work Saturday night anyway, I might just go straight to CC from work and wait until they open.) The siren's song of Zelda is too much for me to resist (Even though I'm considering buying the GCN version too, if only for the mirrored dungeons for extra hilarity, but I also hear it might end up being hard-to-find.)

I've heard a lot of good things about the DBZ game too, so I might pick that up eventually as well.

Of course, I'm going to keep an eye on CAG to see if they have any opportunities that don't involve getting up early or any such effort like it, since I'd much rather just walk in whenever and buy a Wii (In fact, I'm probably going to start calling stores every day to get Wii status, if I have to.) I got word from a BB employee that they get Wii shipments every 4 days, so BB might actually be a better choice (Not to mention it's right next to where I work, so I can easily stop by whenever)

I'm still stuck in my dorm room though, so I'll have to be careful to ensure I don't break things like so many stupid people have done already.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #23]

Nov 16, 2006 - 01:50 AM
Nintendo doesn't want my money.
Obviously, they haven't learned their lesson when it comes to screwing the consumer yet. If you screw me ONCE, I might take it, but don't screw me twice.

For example, you take away the ability to use progressive scan and widescreen in the Gamecube version of Zelda, which makes me not want to buy that version. Then, you make it a major bitch to get component cables for the Wii, effectively negating progressive scan and, if rumors are correct (Although they don't make much sense.), widescreen support.

Now, Nintendo can suck it. I'm not buying a Wii this holiday season, and possibly not until they release a black one. Perhaps then I'll be able to buy component cables with it, and get Zelda cheaper, and the system might have got a price drop. As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft has won this year.

I'm not swearing off Nintendo completely though. I still have the new Castlevania game for the DS preordered, and I'm still tempted to pick up a DS Lite (I'm mostly unsure if I want to trade in or sell my old DS before I bite.), not to mention Phoenix Wright 2, the sequel to quite possibly my favorite game of the last year.

At least I can rest easy this holiday season without worrying about getting a Wii. No scrambling for hard-to-find gifts for me.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #22]

Nov 10, 2006 - 02:14 AM
Make me stop sucking at Guitar Hero!
Honestly, I can't fucking get used to Hard difficulty. I'm not sure if it's my own manual dexterity that's lacking, or my inability to remember where the fuck my hand is, or just me generally sucking that's doing it.

Is there some kind of trick to it that I'm too stupid to figure out or something?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Nov 4, 2006 - 02:52 AM
PSU is a siren's song that I'm not sure I can resist.
Dammit, now I have to contend not only with GFF playing the damn game, but now friends of mine in real life are playing it. I'm afraid if I buy it, I won't play it due to FFXII awesomeness, along with GoW next week.

Dammit Sega, you could have made this easy by making the game widescreen on the PC! Then I would have already bought it and avoided this confusion!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
JasonTerminator's Journal