Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal

Journal Banner
INSERT SELF-ADVERTISEMENT HERE.

Chao_Zero's Journal Statistics
View Chao_Zero's profile
Entries 290 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 58 entries are private (20% of total)
Views 79895
Replies Chao_Zero has made 377 comments [view stats]
Comments 731 comments (2.52 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 44 props given to Chao_Zero [who be proppin?]
Buddies 8 buddies
Relation You are not Chao_Zero's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Dec 28, 2013 - 09:51 AM
FUCK YOU NERVE DAMAGE, I'M MAKING SOME GODDAMN MUSIC. FUCK. (YT link)
So, good news and bad news. Bad news first:
BAD: Went to Moncton to get my nerve conduction test done. Turns out it's either one of two problems causing my condition; A)A pinched nerve in the neck. B)Some form of brain damage.
I'm scheduled for more testing, including an MRI scan.
Neither of those possibilities sound good, and I'll be honest, I'm scared that the damage might be permanent.

GOOD: I made the best purchase of the year yesterday. Behold the power of Shreddage II.
Chaokaze - Champs Elysees (BattleTanx: Global Assault cover test)
FUCK. YES.
It makes me seriously happy that I can now write decent-sounding music even though I can no longer physically play guitar.
Music purists can go fuck themselves: Even though the guitars are simulated, they are a godsend. I never was a great guitar player, and I won't pretend to be one now. This software will help me bring my musical ideas to life and not leave people feeling odd about synthetic-sounding guitars.
Bring on 2014. It will be a year filled with music-writing for me.

EDIT:
If you prefer a YouTube vid, I just redid my Mass Effect cover today.
YouTube Video

Currently Playing: Chaokaze - Champs Elysees

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #212]

Dec 22, 2013 - 04:44 AM
Cabin Pants Fever
So, I'm going to be boarding a bus today to head home, hopefully beating the god-awful storm we're supposed to get today here in northern New Brunswick.
There's been heavy snowfall already.
And that Skills Pants thing at the top is starting to mesmerize me.
I think this is how to feels to go insane.
All pants and no play makes Skills interactive.swf

Currently Playing: Akeldama - Everything Beautiful

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #211]

Dec 19, 2013 - 12:49 AM
So, Forza 5 isn't too bad. (Also, shiity recreation of the GFF logo inside)
I won an Xbox One from the Win Every Hour contest that's sponsored by Pepsi and Doritos, which ends on the 31st of this month. It was like the perfect contest for me, as I drink Pepsi like it's water, and Doritos are my go-to food for snacks, and I was hoping to be able to get an Xbox One. Lo and behold, I managed to win one. Someone in the universe's luck department done goofed, I guess.
Anyway, it also came with Forza Motorsport 5. Not exactly a game I would have picked, but hey, it's free, so I'm not complaining. Besides, it was pretty much the only E-rated game that came out for the One at launch, so for a contest that didn't have an age restriction, it was pretty much the only option.

So yeah, Forza. I'm really not a racing sim type of guy, I prefer my racing to be more arcade-y, like Need for Speed. Keeping track of tire damage, fuel consumption, and general vehicle damage, all while trying not to crash into walls repeatedly? Yeeeeeah. Not my cup of tea.
Of course, I found you can actually set it all down to cosmetic damage only, so that was nice. After a while of playing it, it's started to grow on me. Then there's the feature that I absolutely fucking love.
I'm talking about, of course, the customization aspect. Sure, physical add-ons for vehicles are fairly limited, but the painting and decal modes completely make up for it.
In decal mode, you unfortunately have preset shapes to create designs with, but with thousands of layers and a bit of patience/skill, you can recreate just about anything as a design.
So I tried to make the GFF logo. The results? Well, see for yourself.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. It's at least passable at a glance, provided you don't look at it for too long. :P
(Also, I didn't make the UNSC logo on the bottom. That one was downloaded from the File Share.)

Anyway, fun game is fun.

Currently Playing: I See Stars - New Demons

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #210]

Dec 18, 2013 - 02:25 AM
Getting more listeners is a nice kind of strange.
Before I start this entry, I just wanted to let you guys know that I have 2.5 albums worth of mediocre ambient/electronic/progressive metal available for free at my Chaokaze bandcamp page.
------------------------------------------------------------

So, as some of you might have seen in the last entry, I recently started a collaboration with the drummer of Cry Havok, called Northwest by Northeast. According to our Facebook page, we're getting likes at a much faster rate than my Chaokaze page, having 18 in one day on the NWxNE page, compared to the 25 on my page that's taken at least a year to acquire.
Then again, I don't actively promote my music, and Jared, the drummer I'm collaborating with, says that's most of the problem.
I honestly don't know if using those annoying tactics that I keep hearing about actually works, but I don't really want to annoy people to get my music out. You know the type, they spam YouTube comment sections with links to their channels. Also, remember the MySpace days? Ads, ads everywhere. I think that at one point during my brief period over at MySpace, my page was full of comments advertising bands.
Maybe I'm severely underestimating the patience threshold of most people, I don't know.
The most I've ever done is post links here every once in a while, and the odd Facebook post whenever I have a new track completed.

Don't misunderstand me, though. I am honestly surprised I've even managed to get 25 likes. That's 25 people that, through no prodding of my own, have stumbled upon my music and liked it enough to follow the Facebook page to stay on top of updates. Ok, maybe 21 of those people. After all, a few friends have added the page as well. :P

However, it's a learning process for me. See, Jared has a degree in PR and Communications, which probably serves him well in this kind of thing. Just like my degrees for Digital Design and 3D Modeling/Animation serves me well. My art is definitely better now, compared to the days when I did purely anime. At least I think so. You be the judge:

Other than that? All things considered, shit's going fantastic. Got a nice collab project going on, received the Xbox One that I won in a contest, and I have plenty of free time over the holidays. That last one is only because of sick leave, but still, it's something of a plus.

Currently Playing: Stargazer - Genesis

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #209]

Dec 12, 2013 - 06:54 PM
Musical Collaboration +1GET!
So, I ended up starting a collab project with Jared Sample of Cry Havok, and this is the result: A light ambient/electronic progressive metal song with jazz/blues flavoring. I promise it's not as messy as it sounds. :P

https://soundcloud.com/northwest-by-northeast

Man, I love how this turned out.

Currently Playing: Northwest by Northeast - The Shape of the Universe

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #208]

Nov 10, 2013 - 06:15 PM
Obligatory Long-Hiatus Breaking Post
Apparently the last time I visited this place was on my birthday back in 2012. So this absence lasted over a year this time. Huh.

It's kind of strange coming back after repeated disappearances. Then again, it's kind of become a habit since 2006. Not any real reason for the absences, they just happen. Then again, I go months and months without talking to people I consider to be my closest friends, so take from that what you will.

So, new stuff has been happening, which I will elaborate on further starting in the next paragraph. Fair warning, though: Some of the shit I'm going to write may sound depressing and/or whiny. I'll do my damnedest to not write those things that way, though.

So, I have a core group of two best friends, both who have been members of GFF at some point. Some of you older members might have a vague recollection of their usernames, which I'll list here:
First, there's Tyson, who was known here as either Inferno/Infernogod. Some mods might remember a thread titled "A.H.O: Anti-Human Organization", which dissolved into a typical teenage shit-show fairly quickly. I forget which mod might have been trying to contain the mess. I think it might have been SecretSquirrel, not sure. Anyway, that thread was Tyson's brainchild. Or brain-abortion, whichever way you want to look at it.
Secondly, there's Andrew, otherwise known by his handle Rellik. I think there might be someone else with that handle now, so to clarify: If there's a current Rellik, that's not this guy. Andrew hasn't been on here in ages, and pretty much just sticks to Facebook. He's kind of moved on from forums. Anyway, his "claim to fame" is that little feud between him and myself that lasted about a year. That was mostly confined to the Journals, though, so unless you browsed through the Journals often back in 2004-2005, you had no idea this was going on. Then again, I'm pretty sure I wasn't even a medium-profile member back then, so even the regulars probably had no clue. Strangely, I remember that feud also containing a pissing match between me and him in broken German. I have no sweet clue how that happened. But yeah, that's him.

Anyway, yeah, these two friends. In the past year, they've gone through some pretty big milestones. Both are married now, for one.
Inferno's going to be a father. The reality of that hasn't quite sunk in yet for me. This dude used to be one of those unapologetic, tell-it-like-it-is assholes that you either loved or hated. Though, since he got married, he's been getting increasingly more mellow. I bet his wife's using black magic. :P

Rellik, on the other hand, joined the ever-increasing list of people I know that are on anti-depressants and seeing psychiatrists, myself included. On the surface. you'd think he'd be fairly content. He's living his dream job, working on jets for the Canadian Air Force. He's actually high up enough that he can actually sign off on and certify parts to go into our jets worldwide. He's married, has a house already, three cats, and even though his bills are quite higher than my own, he still has quite a bit of income to throw around.
Unfortunately, he's slipped into a depression that seems to be linked to his insane addiction to nostalgia. He can't stop thinking about the days when we could all hang out together, our high school days, and it depresses the fuck out of him every time he realizes that things will never be like that again. We've all moved away, gotten our educations, and are pursuing our own paths, to varying levels of success. He only sees me roughly once a year, and he hates that fact. He just hasn't been able to accept it yet.
I mean, our mutual friend Inferno is having a kid and relocating somewhere out west. I forget which province. I understand that last night might very well have been the last chance I've had to see him. After all, he's going to be on the other side of the country, and he's going to be busy taking care of his child. And when I hung out with him last night, he told me he didn't plan on returning to New Brunswick anymore, so that solidified it. So I know I might never really see him again, and might only hear from him once in a blue moon, but I understand and accept that. Life goes on, and a group of friends can't all go in the same direction. Rellik doesn't know about him having a kid yet, and while he'll understand that Inferno has a family now, it's still going to hit him hard to know he will have even less contact with him.
--------

In other new happenings, I'm off work on sick leave until at least March. Apparently I have possible nerve damage, which would explain my erratic twitching and movements, and possibly the "pulses of dizziness" that I get in my head when walking. That also includes my wrist problems, which, in short, make it so I can't lift shit. Not being able to do much doesn't help my depression much, but I do try to distract myself with what I can still do, which is compose music. I may be shit at it, but I like doing it, and that's all that counts. Need an example? Well, here's a track from the current album I'm working on, "TERMINALS":
YouTube Video
Granted, it takes me much longer to do any sort of computer work, as my hands will start to go numb, causing me to take frequent breaks. Same thing with playing video games.
However, I guess the universe has a cruel sense of humor, though in that case I actually welcome it: I managed to win an Xbox One. Sure, I won it at a time where my hands are unreliable, but still, the fact that I won it makes me a bit happy. I'll only have it around Christmas though, as I was told that it'll only ship at launch, and I'm to expect it to arrive 3-4 weeks later. However, that's not a problem.

As far as my depression goes, it's frustrating, to be honest. See, though I have reasons to be depressed. and they seem valid, I know that it's just a stupid chemical imbalance in my brain that makes me think that way. Though knowing that hasn't made me feel any better. Luckily I had my meds upped recently, because I was starting to have suicidal thoughts again. However, an important distinction has to be made here: Though I had those thoughts. I didn't have any plans on how to pull it off. So, while I was starting to get into the danger zone, I wasn't in immediate danger. I don't think, anyway. It's fucking hard to think straight when your own brain is fucking with you non-stop.
Let's be clear, though: I'm not looking for sympathy. Though I'm not gonna be an asshole and turn it away, either. So yeah, I know this is all depressing as all hell, and also sounds about as whiny as typical teenage angst. I get it. If anyone wants to know specifics, feel free to ask me, I'll answer. I never really had a problem with giving out too much info, anyway. :P
I'm not going to go into more detail in this entry, though. See, when I finally logged back in today, I saw a thread about what happened to Zephyrin while I was browsing around, seeing what I missed. I never really interacted much with the dude, but I recognized that username, and morbid curiosity got the best of me. After reading through that, and since I'm making the decision to make this entry public, I don't feel it does anyone any good to go into detail about a condition that takes so many lives. I may have already opened that can of worms by mentioning that I have a problem with depression, but at least the can won't be fully opened.

That's pretty much it, but I do have things that I'm happy about:
I'm glad I'm still with my girlfriend of 4 years, and that she stays by my side even through all this bullshit.
I have an album out for sale on Bandcamp. Sure, it's only for $2.00, but hey, I like it, and I'm glad I have it out there.
My weight is stable. Sure, I'm still a hefty 260 lbs., but that's ok. I'm comfortable in my skin. Unless you ask me to do crunches. In which case, fuck right off.

I'm hoping to actually stick around this time and get involved in discussions. I have a bad habit of keeping to myself both online and in real life.

Currently Playing: TesseracT - Altered State

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #207]

Jun 10, 2012 - 08:09 PM
Yet another year older.
So, I turned 24 today. It was a pretty uneventful day, but still good. Basically spent all day playing Battlefield 3 and working on 3D animations.

Also, made a new song:
YouTube Video

And yes, I ripped half of one of the riffs from Misha Mansoor. Before anyone points that out. :P (I'm not very creative, especially when it comes to creating riffs. I am glad with the solo I came up with, though.)

Still looking for a 3D job. No luck yet. Kind of disheartening, but hey, no one said it would be easy.

Currently Playing: Chaokaze - Do You Want to See the End?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #206]

Mar 16, 2012 - 10:48 AM
Confusing language is confusing. (ITT An Idiot Tries to Learn Japanese)
So, as some of you may or may not know, Over the past couple of years, I've taken up the task of learning Japanese, though I don't work at it as regularly as I'd like, since my work schedule tends to get in the way. Hopefully that'll change, as I know the best way to learn any language is consistent practice and study.

Also, I may need to buy that Rosetta Stone stuff. I don't know if the material I have alone will cut it. I may end up taking a class on it at UNB in Fredericton, but not until my current student loan is paid off. No need to take on more debt at the moment.

Within the past few days, I've especially learned the importance of formality when addressing people you're meeting for the first time. Ok, so this is technically important in any language, and is polite in general, but formality seems to be more enforced and expected within the Japanese language and culture than say, English. Or at least within the English language in this part of the world.

So far, I've come across a few things that confuse me. Before I got any of the study materials that I have now, any Japanese words or phrases I stumbled upon came from various places on the internet. For example, I've always seen/heard that "Sorry" in Japanese was "gomen" or "gomenasai". I'm not gonna bother writing out the katakana for that, since I'm kind of pressed for time here, and my JP word processor is acting up. But anyway, once I finally got my materials, I find "sorry" listed as "sumimasen". That kind of confused me.
I've also found that a more formal, or polite way of saying "thank you" or "arigatou" is "doomo arigatou gozaimasu". At least that's what I'm assuming.

Now, I know what most of you are probably going to say to this entry, and that's fine. :P

If I manage to become decently fluent in Japanese, afterwards I shall tackle the Russian language. That should be fun. :P Though for some reason, the Cyrillic alphabet scares the fuck out of me. Even more so than katakana/kanji/hiragana.

Ah well, those are the two languages I'd like to learn. I know it takes years upon years of practice and study to become fluent in a new language, so I'll be lucky if I learn one. Meh, I'm only 23 going on 24, so hopefully I still have plenty of time.

Speaking of time, I gotta get to work, I'm running out of time. :P

Currently Playing: Chaokaze - The Burning City Lights

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #205]

Mar 12, 2012 - 10:58 PM
HAY SKILLS. I FINISHED THAT AEROGAUGE COVER GODDAMN.
YouTube Video

Man, it took me a while to get back to writing this one. And I probably shit all over the track with the original sections I put in. OH WELL.

So...is Skills still around? Fuck, I've been gone for 7 months, I don't know. More than likely he is, he's been here every other time I've taken a GFF-hiatus. Also, if anyone wants a download of this track, I'll probably put it up on Newgrounds for download, as Megaupload has apparently shit the bed.

Currently Playing: My Liberated Mind cover

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #204]

Mar 10, 2012 - 08:59 AM
Fuck, the past 7 months have been slow (New music and shit as well)
Holy hell, it's been forever since I've updated. Haven't updated since August. Anyway, what's been going on? Here are the past 7 months in bullet-point form, without the proper bullet points:

-Graduated from the Gaming & Animation Institute of Fredericton. 2% away from graduating with honors. FFFFFUUUUUU-

-Moved to Bathurst with my girlfriend so she can pick up where she left off in nursing school. It's a dead city, but I don't get out much, anyway.

-had two design commissions, both of which flaked out on me. I'm gonna have to start charging deposits on this shit if this keeps up. Either that or start refusing to accept work offers from bands. Refusing work, though? Not likely.

-Still keeping money coming in working at Sobeys. Hate the job. Need the money. Nothing new on that front.

-One of my best friends asked me back in October to be his best man at his wedding in Alberta this summer. Thought I could do it, but looks like I won't be able to afford to fly out there for it. Had to tell him I most likely wouldn't be able to make it, which really fucking sucks.

-Christmas was a huge drama-fest. At least this time I spent Christmas sober. More on that in a minute.

-STILL working on my demo reel, and new music.

Also, on health-related developments:

-Had my eyes tested back in October. Turns out that pressure's building in my eyes, which apparently means glaucoma. LOVELY.

-Started taking anti-depressants in December. It's definitely been a long time coming. Yeah, I've never mentioned here that I suffer from depression, but that's because no one wants or really needs to hear about that shit. This is my first and most likely only mention of it.

Shit's not all bad, though. My music's going through some creative changes, which is turning out for the better.

Here's an example of new material I just finished writing:
YouTube Video

Of course, I've also been writing softer, more piano-driven music as well:
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

And here's a little bit of an example of the 3D/2D stuff I'm doing:
YouTube Video
(Yeah, the video finished before the audio. This is a VERY unpolished showcase, wihch is why it's unlisted on Youtube. And trust me, you won't see any anime-style artwork on my final demo reel. I'd actually like to look credible, thank you.)

As a side note, I started listening to TesseracT. Shit's good, yo.
YouTube Video

Currently Playing: TesseracT - April

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #203]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal