Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal

Journal Banner
INSERT SELF-ADVERTISEMENT HERE.

Chao_Zero's Journal Statistics
View Chao_Zero's profile
Entries 290 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 58 entries are private (20% of total)
Views 80197
Replies Chao_Zero has made 377 comments [view stats]
Comments 731 comments (2.52 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 44 props given to Chao_Zero [who be proppin?]
Buddies 8 buddies
Relation You are not Chao_Zero's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 16, 2014 - 11:56 PM
My new album has launched!(EDIT: NOW AVAILABLE ON BANDCAMP AS WELL)
JT_Launch by Chaokaze, on Flickr

For an unsigned musician, I imagine having your first iTunes launch is a big deal. At least, it is for me.

The only way this could be better is if the song titles didn't have to be romanized. Alas, uploads to the Canadian section of iTunes don't allow for hiragana/katakana/kanji/etc.
Oh well, small details. I should have expected as such.

I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY, MAN.
Check it out here, if you feel so inclined.
----------------------------------------
EDIT: Japan Terminus is now available on Bandcamp, for those of you who prefer to use Paypal. You can find it here.

Currently Playing: Look at the screenshot.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #222]

Jun 8, 2014 - 07:21 PM
26 in two days. Also, neurologist appointment in two days. (ALSO: TERRIBLE MOVIE)
So, turning 26 in two days, that's neat. Also I have a neurologist appointment in Moncton that day as well, so that means 3 hours of me trying to (unsuccessfully, I might add) stay awake while my girlfriend drives. Damn, I need to get a driver's license.

Hopefully the neurologist will have some good news for me as to the repairing of my nervous system. That would be an awesome birthday gift.

My album will be out in 9 days, too. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Even if it doesn't sell well, I'm just glad that I've got an album out on iTunes, a major music distributor, for once in my life. When it launches, I'm gonna find it on iTunes and screencap that shit. Here's a teaser video with 30-second clips of all of the songs, so you can get a feel for how it will sound:
YouTube Video

And now, the worst movie I've seen in a while:

Spoiler:
Misspelling of the title notwithstanding, this movie is horrid, in my opinion anyway.
Let's start with the audio mix:
The background music is too overpowering, which takes away from the feel of the movie. Of course, the fact that it sounds like a relaxing ambient track doesn't help, either. Since the movie was originally made in Chile, they dubbed over a lot of lines for the English language. Honestly though, I didn't really notice the fact that it had been over-dubbed much, so I'll give them that. Of course, that's not technically an audio issue.

The acting is very wooden, barely believable. The cast is made up of mostly children, and I'm positive that this movie must be their first acting experience.
The main character's mother put on a good performance, though. At least, you could believe in her suffering.

The cinematography is ok, I guess. I'll be honest, I don't know much about this field, so it's hard for me to make a proper critique on this. I studied animation, not cinematography.

Visual effects are shoddy at best, with not much effort made to blend them in with the real-life shots. Hell, I had a Video Composition course and I could do that right out the gate. And frankly, I don't think much of my own work, so that should say something.

The plot? Oh boy, this is a doozy.
First off, it's established that these children are immune to infection, and that the zombies won't touch them. So already the tension's gone, because there isn't really much to threaten our protagonists. This results in a lot of useless scenes of children walking through a wasteland.
Also, for whatever reason, the military is tasked with hunting these children down and killing them. It's never explained why, though. You'd think they'd want them alive so that a cure could be synthesized from them, but no, it's scrambled bullets in the brain-pans for the kids. BONUS: these must be the worst soldiers in the world, because they can seem to connect a shot with slow-moving children.
Another thing? This video has more flashbacks and re-used footage than an anime series. This results in a movie being much longer than it has to be.
Now for the major plot point that pissed me right the fuck off.
Let's clarify: This is a zombie movie. This is a movie about children surviving infection and a hostile wasteland.
Got that? Ok. Now, at the beginning, it is established that the main character's goal is to reach the ocean.
At the end, her and her group do make it to the ocean, at which point two military helicopters fly overhead, and are promptly swatted out of the sky by a massive octopus guarding a ship. Also, the childrens' skin starts to turn blue, and the red marks on their neck turn into gills. They're mermaids now, motherfucker! Bet you didn't see that coming!
This is the only movie in recent memory that has caused me to literally facepalm. I think I narrowly avoided an aneurysm too.
It's like it decided to be a different movie right at the last minute.
You know what this is? This is the cinematic version of trolling.

It's on Netflix if you feel you could use some cinematic self-harm.

Currently Playing: Chaokaze - ???? (A Summertime Confession)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #221]

May 28, 2014 - 02:13 AM
So, I actually have an album coming out on iTunes next month.
YouTube Video
ACHIEVEMENT GET.

Doubt many are interested, but I'm pretty happy about this.

Currently Playing: Concatenate - Contact Within Us

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #220]

Apr 15, 2014 - 06:14 PM
Well, that settles it. Gonna buy me some Gojira.
So, I've had Gojira's "L'enfant Sauvage" stuck in my head for the past two weeks, heavily influencing the writing process for my most recent song, "???".
That means that the following 3 albums have basically fucked my brain and produced this bastard love-child of a song:

Gojira - L'enfant Sauvage
Animals as Leaders - The Joy of Motion
Plini - Sweet Nothings

I already purchased the other two, so I just have Gojira left.

If you're interested in hearing what such an unholy trinity has produced through my hand, I direct you to the song up on my Soundcloud thingy.

Also, I'd like to know what sort of unholy thing resulted in GFF's current banner.

Currently Playing: Chaokaze - ???

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #219]

Mar 7, 2014 - 02:26 AM
Tone test for an 8-string guitar. (SO BRVTAL U GUYZ)
So, a while back I mentioned that I bought Shreddage II, a realistic guitar sim VST. Now, apparently it was only designed to emulate 7-string guitars down to Dropped C tuning.

Me being bored, I decided to try writing an 8-string piece for it.

As I wasn't really trying to write a song worth a damn, the piece itself sounds like about a million other "djent" bands that dot the soundscape.

It also makes me sad that I don't have friends who perform/write music mainly in progressive metal and play Bioshock, as absolutely nobody got the shitty joke I was trying to make with the title of the piece.
"Big Daddy Says 00000000..."

Currently Playing: Plini - Sweet Nothings

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #218]

Feb 27, 2014 - 12:21 AM
|GENESIS STATION| EP (Moar music, ahoy!)
So, I finally managed to get a short EP of some original music of mine up.

ARTIST: Chaokaze
ALBUM: |GENESIS STATION| EP
GENRE: Progressive Metal/Electronic/Ambient

TRACKS:
1. |ANDREW|
2. |IMAGE OF SELF|
3. |GENESIS STATION|

AVAILABLE HERE: |GENESIS STATION| EP

While it's by no means earth-shattering, I'd like to think it's pretty decent.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #217]

Feb 12, 2014 - 10:29 PM
So, there's this song about Newfoundland.
YouTube Video

Well then. Can't say I've listened to these guys much, but I like this song. Of course, that may be bias speaking, since I'm, y'know, a Newfoundlander.

Man, I really need to get my ass back there. Haven't been there in almost a decade.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #216]

Feb 10, 2014 - 09:40 PM
Finally, a music discovery service I can use here in Canada! (Music Links)
Before I begin, yes, I am aware Spotify is a thing. I am going to disregard that, though, because reasons.

Back during my final year in high school, the 2005-2006 school year, I was using this music discovery service called Pandora Radio. The service was only intended to be used by American residents, and would require a US ZIP Code to gain access. They didn't bother checking IP addresses, though, so I was able to get around that by using the ZIP Code of my then-girlfriend. Life was good, and that is how I had come to discover The Panic Division, one of my favorite bands that I still enjoy to this day.
Of course, sometime afterwards, I guess Pandora got into some legal shittery, and was told to actually check the IP addresses of its users. So alas, my days of using Pandora came to an end. I remember getting an email from Pandora stating that they would let the Canadian users know when they could resume their usage of Pandora. I'm not sure if they ever did that, and I haven't bothered to check again.

However, I've found another service, called Rdio. I found this after checking out the Xbox Music service for the XB1 and thinking it was total bullshit.
Rdio is great in that you can use it free, even greater in that you can subscribe to it for $7.99 a month, and you get so much more out of it than Xbox Music. Granted, you can't use Rdio on the XB1, but with this, I can just plug my headphones into my phone and stream music that way.
So far, I've found some new stuff that I like, such as:
Gojira
Scale the Summit
The Algorithm
Bulb (the electronic artist, not Misha Mansoor's solo project)
Fellsilent
Circles
The Contortionist
The Faceless

(Those are all Youtube links, but I didn't want to clutter this entry up with a bunch of Youtube embeds.)

When I can afford it, I'll probably subscribe, as this is a damn good service, in my opinion.

I also came across this silly song, which amuses me greatly, though I have no clue why.
YouTube Video
Quite silly, indeed.

Currently Playing: Alarum - Inertial Grind

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #215]

Feb 7, 2014 - 08:07 PM
Vidya Game Music Covers (And other shit that's irrelevant)
Let's get the good stuff out of the way first. Put together a little Mini-Pak of 3 VGM covers. The 3 songs covered are:
Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon - Gorgeous Musical Castle Pt. II
AeroGauge - Liberated Mind
Mass Effect - Galaxy Map "Uncharted Worlds"

Get it here: Chaokaze - Digital Crush Vol. 1

NOTE: The "Liberated Mind" cover is not the same one I posted a while back, this one is re-done.

And now for slightly more (read: a lot) depressing news:
Seriously, depressing story time, so don't bother reading ahead unless you really want to.

Spoiler:

So, things are pretty much shit at the moment: My girlfriend has been hospitalized for depression, and once she gets out of the hospital, she doesn't have money to cover the rest of her tuition, so she has to drop out. Student Loans won't help her anymore due to her having to leave school before for the same reason.
Also, my EI sick benefits are finished, but I'm still not able to work, as my nervous system's condition is deteriorating still. So now there's no income at all for either of us.
Welfare wouldn't even cover our living expenses, and the welfare system is set up so badly in this country that those who end up on welfare are generally better off staying on welfare than heading back into the workforce.
Basically, the long and short of this story: We're fucked. Not to mention that I'm pretty much at the breaking point myself with my depression, but I cannot allow myself to get hospitalized as well. After all, I have two cats to care for.
And yes, even though it's unbelievably stupid and selfish, I've been tempted to try and off myself by downing the rest of my sleeping pills. Statistically, most suicide attempts using drugs are unsuccessful, and are more likely to lead to serious health problems in the event of a failed attempt. So, if I went through with it, it would go one of two ways:
1. I'd be successful, and negatively affect those close to me, plus my cats might die of thirst or starvation before anyone got to them.
2. I'd be unsuccessful, and negatively affect those close to me, not to mention I'd probably end up brain-damaged, causing me to further burden those closest to me in a physical, emotional, mental, and financial capacity.
Firearms are statistically more successful, but Canadians don't have a right to bear arms, and acquiring a gun in this country is incredibly difficult, or so I've been lead to believe. Even so, it's a good thing I didn't down those pills. It sucks that my condition makes suicide even seem like a viable option.
And this is where we stand. They found my girlfriend's blood is severely low on B12, which can be a factor in depression. So, hopefully that works for her. My blood test from a few months back showed my B12 levels are normal, so that's not the case as far as I'm concerned.
After this month, I have no idea what we're gonna do. Not fun.

Currently Playing: Blotted Science - Synaptic Plasticity

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #214]

Jan 21, 2014 - 07:34 PM
Need for Speed: Rivals (Why do you have such a hard-on for always online, EA?)
So, after finally completing all the career races in Forza Motorsport 5, I decided to start on Need for Speed: Rivals.
Never thought I'd say this, but I enjoy Forza more than Rivals. First time I've ever chosen a racing sim over an arcade racer.
My main gripe is that the game forces you into online multiplayer from the beginning, resulting in me waiting about 5-10 minutes from start-up to be put into a game. 5-10 GODDAMN MINUTES.
Getting real sick of your shit, EA.
At least I found a way to switch the preference to single-player after fucking around with the menus. Of course, the game doesn't tell you outright that this is an option.
I know, I shouldn't be complaining if I can switch it to single-player at all. Still, not liking the forced multiplayer aspect.

Currently Playing: Devastator - Unconscious

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #213]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal