Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal

Journal Banner
INSERT SELF-ADVERTISEMENT HERE.

Chao_Zero's Journal Statistics
View Chao_Zero's profile
Entries 290 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 58 entries are private (20% of total)
Views 79991
Replies Chao_Zero has made 377 comments [view stats]
Comments 731 comments (2.52 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 44 props given to Chao_Zero [who be proppin?]
Buddies 8 buddies
Relation You are not Chao_Zero's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 19, 2010 - 07:35 AM
HOLY DRAMA, BATMAN. (Also, GAIF Meet impressions)
So, my entire reaction to the whole Crash drama going down these days can be summed up in two barely-legible words.

OH WAT.

Anyway, GAIF Meet. Here are some of the few photos I managed to get.

It was hot as fuck.
Spoiler:

Some BlazBlue matches were had, in which we realize that Nu-13 is excellent for new players.
Spoiler:

Best. Business Card. EVER.
Spoiler:

Multiple conversations in the 3D Animation Room.
Spoiler:

Behind that dude, there is a dismantled motion capture device.
Spoiler:

The 2D Animation instructor raging about the latest Transformers movie.
Spoiler:

This is what MAGIC is created with.
Spoiler:

The hell is this thing?
Spoiler:

GAIF.
Spoiler:

In all, the meet was fun. Not many photos were taken, though, and I felt it'd be rude to start snapping photos during a lecture on motion capture.
I shall write a more detailed description later, but in a nutshell, it was fun.
Dan's insane, though. :P
He's fucking NUTS.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #132]

Jun 16, 2010 - 10:04 PM
Xbox Live Recording Woes (GAIF Meet on Friday, HOLY HELL)
So, I wanted to record the crazy shenanigans that I usually get involved in on Left 4 Dead, and Left 4 Dead 2. Unfortunately, after recording over an hour of footage, I notice that the audio from me and the other players chatting is absent.
This makes me sad, as audio is integral.
HOW IN THE BLUE HELL SHALL I RECORD CHAT?
I must gain this knowledge.

Also, the GAIF motion capture event/meet is Friday. I cannot fucking wait. I can't seem to find my charger for my camcorder, but my shitty digital camera is all ready to go. It can also record video, so look out for that, too.

Speaking of meets, despite the ARMAGEDDON-CRATER levels of drama that seemed to emanate in the aftermath of this past GFF meet, I must say, I'm...intrigued.
I believe I may want in on this GFF meet action sometime.
After all, I've been here since 2001 or 2002, and I've NEVER attended these things.
(Of course, I only heard about them after the great crash of 06. I'm pretty sure that was the year.)
Of course, not like many remember me anyway. :P Possibly the only one who remembers me well is Lady Miyomi, but she hasn't posted here in AGES as far as I can tell. We chat from time to time on Facebook.

Anyway, I must retreat to the bed, as I work in about 5 hours. DELICIOUS FUN.

Currently Playing: The sound of snoring. :P

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #131]

Jun 14, 2010 - 08:29 PM
Take it easy.
YouTube Video

Here, watch something that vaguely makes sense.

Currently Playing: This fucking thing.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #130]

Jun 14, 2010 - 07:10 AM
Meets and such. (Also, student loans.)(Also NIGHTCLUB STORY)
Hmmm, I've been reading a lot lately. Particularly about the last meet.
Sounds messy. Not really judging anyone, though it did drive home the point of one point of behavior I need to change for myself in the anticipation of the upcoming GAIF motion capture/meet event.

See, normally, when hanging out with people, I generally don't speak unless I'm spoken to, and if I can't think of anything to add to the conversation, I also say nothing. I'm hoping to change that in time for the upcoming meet, and for when I go back up to Campbellton to hang out with some friends for a bit.

Luckily, when I'm drunk, I'm the most talkative motherfucker you'll ever meet.
That can be a good/bad thing.

Still, reading all this Dramaforce, I've realized that I really should be more open.
Yes, I'm aware that the reclusive-ness of one particular individual wasn't really the main point of complaint, rather, part of a myriad of problems, but the only part I can relate to is the whole keeping-myself-isolated bit.

(I'm not so sure I'll be actually posting in the forums more often on here, though. After all, I'd still like to offer something of relevance in a topic discussion. )

This actually brings to memory one night that I went out to the Flagship, a nightclub in Campbellton.
See, all my friends had gone away to school, and I was really bummed out about my ex leaving me, so I figured, "what the hell", and went to the Flag by myself.
Normally, I went with my buddy Andrew, who's like, my wingman of sorts. He's actually pretty much the brother I've never had. However, he was away in Borden, studying for aviation engineering. Plus, I was the only one in my group of friends that didn't leave Campbellton to further my education at the time, so I decided to go it alone. I figured, what's the worst that could happen?
Ok, so the worst that could have happened is that I could have gotten drunk, in a fight, then arrested.
Yeah, that would have been bad.
Anyway, I go in, and I see no one I know there. Feeling a little awkward, I go up to the bartender and order a beer.
If you must know, it was an Alexander Keith's. (The mainland doesn't carry Blackhorse, the fuckers. Seriously, you import Newfoundland's Screech rum, but none of the beer? You have Heineken, for fuck's sake. At LEAST bring some Newfoundland beer to the table. ...I want to try it. )
Anyway, time passes slowly, seemingly contradiction of the fast tempo of the dance music.
I get another drink.
A few more songs pass, and I get another.
After a few more, I have a good buzz going, and actually end up running into a few acquaintances that I knew from my high school years. We chatted a bit, then went our separate ways. Then I start on some Fireball shots and Jagerbombs.
I had money to burn. Unfortunately, my choices in drinks could have been better.
At this point, I'm properly fucked, lost in a shaky haze amidst a wave of pounding trance music, which flowed right through the sea of people on the dance floor. As the floor lights alternated colors and positions, I make a mental note that the people dancing must be drunk too, seeing as how the movement made no sense against the music. Then I realize, "Hey, I can't fucking dance, either. Plus, I'm drunk."
Let me ask you this: Have you ever been shitfaced amongst a sea of people you don't even know, and there's not a familiar face anywhere in the building? It's a weird feeling, isn't it?
I couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone new. I could have made a new friend, at least for the night, anyway.
I wasn't going to try and pick someone up, either. I wasn't interested in one-night stands, and besides, 9 times out of 10, I couldn't successfully hit on someone even if I tried. One time, it did work, though, but I backed out. I realized she was drunk as fuck. More importantly, I realized that I was drunk as fuck.
So there I am, wandering around, drunk and silent. After a while, it felt too weird for me, so I went to the entrance, fumbled the coat check ticket around in my pocket, trying to get it out, retrieved my jacket, and walked home.

Of course, this is generally meaningless. If I had been more open, what would I have gained? Perhaps a Facebook add from people who I would never again talk to. That's the most I can think of, anyway.
-----------------------------------------

Now to completely change the subject, I'm scrambling like a madman trying to get all my shit together for my student loan application. Especially since I have a disability, I need to get my family doctor in Campbellton to refer me to an audioologist here in Fredericton so I can get that disability sheet filled out. (I have a moderate-to-severe hearing loss.)
I've never applied for a loan before, and this is stressing me out. Thank god my girlfriend is so helpful.
----------------------------------------

So, all that said, looking forward to the GAIF meet. Hopefully I won't be too much of a loner. :P

Currently Playing: ゆよゆーっぺ - Psychopath (Off-Vocal)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #129]

Jun 12, 2010 - 12:29 PM
Stitches are bastards. (Plus Motion Capture device launch/meet details)
So, last week, while making myself a sammich, I ended up slicing into my thumb.
I had to go get stitches.
It's been 8 days. I made the dumb mistake of trying to practice guitar last night, and it seems like a portion of the wound is still refusing to close over and heal.
THE FUCK.
I'll be so fucking happy when my stitches get taken out. I'm tired of basically having my entire hand rendered useless because of one cut. (It's apparently in a high-traffic area of my thumb, where a joint is. This means the skin's ALWAYS fucking stretching.)

Also, next Friday should be fucking awesome.
The school I'll be attending in the fall, The Gaming & Animation Institute of Fredericton, is having a little social meet event centered around the unveiling of the school's motion capture device. It gives us a chance to see how such a device works, plus all the students get to meet each other before classes start.
There will also be pizza and Guitar Hero, but hey.

(It doesn't sound as awesome as this year's GFF Meet seems to be, but meh. Besides, it would have been awkward if I attended the meet, seeing as how I haven't EVER conversed with any of the people involved. At least I don't think I have. Often.)

Still, the night sounds promising. Photos and/or video footage will be taken.

In more random news: I NEED MORE METAL.
I need to find more good metal/metalcore albums to buy. My library has a very small metal selection, and I'm feeling musically bored.

Currently Playing: As I Lay Dying - Anodyne Sea

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #128]

Jun 7, 2010 - 11:20 AM
Adventures in Japanese Translation!
So, because I STILL can't find a torrent for the Windows XP SP3 MUI, (I somehow lost it when the technician repaired my computer), I've been trying to translate song titles from Japanese, because I HATE seeing those fucking square boxes and random gibberish in my file names. At least Japanese text is pretty to look at.

Anyway, so armed with NJ Word Processor and a very, VERY minute understanding of the Japanese language, I began translating song titles from discography pages listed in the web. (At least Chrome will display the damn language, unlike my computer itself.)

Here are my first attempts. Which are major fails, but hey.

陽だまりの詩 "Sun's Poetry"
...Yeeeeah. Even I know that one's a long shot. Well, my Japanese word processor couldn't tell me what half the characters in there meant. I just got the words "warm" "ball" and "poetry". If it's actually anywhere NEAR what the actual translation is, I'll be surprised.

破壊衝動と生命についての考察 "Impulsive Destruction & Becoming a Life Possessed"

Come on. You have to admit, that's a cool title, even if it's wrong. Fuck, I'm actually hoping it's wrong so I can use that title myself.
Anywho, I'm trying to follow the proper sentence structure, which, if I remember correctly, is subject-object-verb. Because of the multiple subjects and objects in the title, it is difficult. So, if the words are right, then hopefully my structure isn't too shitty.
(More than likely I'm wrong.)

At least I'll admit that I don't know jack shit about the language. :P

(I still want that fucking MUI pack, though. )

Currently Playing: Red Dead Redemption

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #127]

Jun 6, 2010 - 05:12 PM
Yuyoyuppe and Vocaloid
So, I've been looking for some Vocaloid-assisted music to listen to, and I've stumbled upon Yuyoyuppe's work.
Suffice it to say, I wish I could find either a download for his stuff, or a CD order or something.

In other news, I hope I'll be playing guitar again soon. I had to get my thumb stitched up thanks to a dumb incident with a bread knife, so I'm stuck with stitches in my right thumb until Thursday. Which happens to be my 22nd birthday.
Such a lovely day.

Currently Playing: Megurine Luka - 「S」 (Yuyoyuppe)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #126]

Jun 5, 2010 - 01:20 PM
The Bro Code
So, I found this little gem in Chapters the other day:

It's quite an entertaining read, so I picked it up. Good for a chuckle every now and then.

Then, within the span of 15 minutes, I also picked this up:

This is also quite interesting, and so far, doesn't hurt my brain, which is odd, considering I know fuck-all about physics.

Currently Playing: As I Lay Dying - Anodyne Sea

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #125]

May 31, 2010 - 10:45 AM
Oh where can I find an awesome lead guitarist?
So, I just recently finished a new song.
Kinda.
See, I can't write guitar solos for shit, nor can I play any kind of solo, so the lead guitar part is missing about 16 measures.
I opened up the Guitar Pro file again last night to attempt it, but no luck. FUCK.
So, for the most part, it's all written up in Guitar Pro 5.2, the drums, bass, synth, and piano parts done. Basically, the only things left to do are to get the solo written, then get the guitars recorded.
Oh, and vocals. But fuck, I don't even have lyrics for this damn thing yet. I usually only do that after the music's all done.

In other news, I totally need to find a good bar in this city. Dammit, Fredericton, where are your bars.

Currently Playing: Chaokaze - The Burning City Lights (BASE)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #124]

May 15, 2010 - 10:39 PM
Ants EVERYWHERE.
So, 2 weeks ago, my girlfriend and I moved into our apartment in the mid-sized city of Fredericton.

Hey, it's mid-sized to Maritimers, fuck off.

Well, actually, I'm from the south-west coast of Newfoundland, so this city should be fucking HUGE. I jest, though.

Now, we still have no reliable internet, as the provider is fucking around with us at the moment. Must be nice to have a monopoly.

Thank fuck that all of downtown Fredericton has free wireless. Still, I'd like to download/upload shit, so yeah.

ANYWAY.
The next segments are spoiler'd for your convenience. Read whichever you wish. It's like a choose-your-own entry type of deal. Except I still make the choices.

GFF IS SERIOUS BUSINESS
Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, all I do is lurk. Moreso than the forums, though, I lurk the journals, following intriguing titles that promise lulz/drama/both.
Hey, there's not much discussion going on here, and what IS being discussed, I have nothing to add of any significance in regards to the conversation. Moving on.
So, while I've been gone for about 2 weeks, unless I'm still under an e-rock, the main attraction seems to be surrounding Crash and Denicalis, or Crash and Tails, possibly others, but I don't lurk enough to know.
As cruel as it may be to say, I actually draw a little amusement from these situations. Sorry guys.
Of course, it probably is because the situations of drama get so over-the-top, so ridiculous, that, like a trainwreck, I can't help but watch. In this case, read. Couple that with the fact that I don't know these people at all.
I'm sure some people will find my being amused to be cruel and asshole-ish, but hey, it could be worse. I could say something to either of the participants to add fuel to the fire, to provoke the bull, so to speak. HOWEVER. I'm not that mean, and besides, I know I'm not witty/funny enough to add anything to these dramatic epics. Yes, these are like cinematic adventures to me.
More than that, though, I realize there are actually PEOPLE behind the screen names, and so rather than interfere with their personal business, I'll quietly watch them from the sidelines. Besides, they make it all unfold well by themselves.
This is just my musing about GFF drama, though. Consider this the hipster-douchebag portion of the entry. Will I catch flak for posting these thoughts? Who knows. Either way, nothing changes.

MOTHERFUCKING ANTS
Spoiler:
So, we moved into our apartment, and we discover an army of ants invading the kitchen. It's a basement apartment, and the kitchen window is barely above ground. Now, we kept our kitchen fairly clean, so the ants confused us. Needless to say, we ended up buying Raid. The bastards hardly come into the kitchen now. Which is kind of ironic, as we've been a bit lazy in cleaning recently.
Also, two spiders were found on separate occasions in the bathroom. No big problem, though...yet.

Pirates of Newfoundland
Spoiler:
I've been working on this song for 2 fucking years, and now it's finally finished. I'm proud of it. I'm thinking of presenting it to my father as a gift, as he's a proud Newfoundlander, and he loves anything with a connection to the island province.
I wanted to make it a long song, so I put off on completing it, adding a little more to it each time I opened it up. It's at approx. 9:10 long, so it's my longest song ever made. Could be longer, but I'm happy with it.

So, not much going on here. Still adjusting to sharing a place with a significant other, but it's going good.
Now if only I was as good as her on Fallout 3.
I fail so hard at Fallout 3.

OH! Almost have 100% completion of Just Cause 2. FUCK, that's a big game.

Currently Playing: A.M. Architect - Albatross

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #123]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal