Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
wvlfpvp's Journal

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK [size=5]FUCK[/size]

wvlfpvp's Journal Statistics
View wvlfpvp's profile
Entries 719 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 4 entries are private (0.56% of total)
Views 310700
Replies wvlfpvp has made 2198 comments [view stats]
Comments 1993 comments (2.77 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 440 props given to wvlfpvp [who be proppin?]
Buddies 100 buddies
Relation You are not wvlfpvp's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Sep 26, 2011 - 02:56 PM
SEEMS THAT WAY
SEEMS THAT WAY

Currently Playing: SEEMS THAT WAY

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #615]

Sep 23, 2011 - 03:37 PM
Objectivity vs. Subjectivity
I wanted to say this somewhere since Mersenne made me think of this, rather than derailing the Gaga Fugue thread any further:

Music, TV shows, games, movies, books: none of these things are easily qualified objectively, and a lot of times, someone claiming objectivity about something is highly influenced by their subjective understanding of something. I've been thinking about this a lot recently, mostly because I'm trying to remember if kids tv shows were actually any better when I was a kid than they are now, or if I was just eating the crap that was being shoveled in as much as the kids do nowadays.

But that's not the point. Here is an example of Objectivity vs. Subjectivity.

Objectively, Jem is a pretty bad show. It reeks of consumerism, sexism, and poor taste.

Subjectively, Jem is a fucking fantastic 80's nostalgia blast, down to the clothes, music, animation style, fucking all of it. I can't help myself, but I like the show as much now as when it was first on.

There you go.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #614]

Sep 13, 2011 - 09:30 AM
Fantasia on a Sample in Two Movements (Op. 1)
OK, so I swear some of you will think I'm trolling, but this is completely serious: a couple of years back, I made what I called a "spam-mix" by looping and fucking with a sample for 9 minutes of music. I've recently started listening to it again, and I realized something: this is ultraminimalism, in the way of Reich's early sound experiments. I don't claim this to be as important as "It's Gonna Rain", but I do want to let y'all know that I made this before I actually knew about that song.

As such, I rechristened the piece "Fantasia on a Sample" with movement divisions, put my actual name as the artist (rather than my username), and labeled it my Op. 1.

When listening to it (repeatedly; I'm crazy), you can notice interesting beat patterns forming from the way the off-set samples interact, as well as the chords created by the samples being pitch-shifted and manipulated. I honestly love when the "choir" comes in towards the end of the first movement: as the stacked/pitch-shifted samples play simultaneously, we have the same chord progression occurring in different keys and it just gives me goosebumps. Again, I'm crazy, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I've since lost the Acid file I made into the song, so I can't really say off-hand what I had the pitch offsets at for any of the parts.

So now that I'm done explaining my thought process for dubbing what was a joke track into a "classical" piece of music, I present, for your pleasure(?), "Fantasia on a Sample (Op. 1)" for Sample and Asynchronous Drum Loop (I. Theme. / II. Variation and Coda). With apologies to Gloria Gaynor and Steve Reich.

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #613]

Sep 9, 2011 - 02:48 PM
Ideas for arrangements/compositions (mostly for my own remembering)
1. Piece built on a single chord that grows and wanes according to a division of time via the golden mean. For organ or sampled trombone.

2. Mentioned way back, my noise-drone-minimalist piece entitled "Untropy." 3 Movements, each with a different method of exploring the idea of entropy. For guitar, bass, percussion, computer and voice; or string ensemble.

3. Piece built on rotations of the Elektra chord. For solo distorted guitar.

4. Arrangement of "Tubular Bells," stripped down to repeated chords and melody snippets. For overdubbed guitar. Possibly somewhere in the 20 minute range.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #612]

Sep 8, 2011 - 07:24 PM
Getting It (A Venn Diagram)

Currently Playing: LeHah: "I Don't Get It"

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #611]

Sep 8, 2011 - 01:44 PM
ADD as a metaphor for (or way of accessing) alternate universes on the quantum level
Most of you don't know this, but I have ADHD. I'm fixing to talk about a very specific portion of the disorder; I'm not going to include hyperfocus/impulsivity and such.

Basically, if you've got AD(H)D, or know someone who does, I'm sure you've run into the problem where you either swear up and down that you've had ENTIRE CONVERSATIONS with someone that the non-ADD person does not remember at all, as well as even simple questions/answers/statements; this also applies in reverse.

Well (and this is a sign that I think too much), what if it's the only aspect of the disorder that isn't as a result of various brain activities? What if it's that the person with ADD is visiting several EXTREMELY CLOSE alternate realities on a near daily basis: ones where certain conversations occur, and those where they don't. I'm not saying that it's so much "change the world" level conversations, though, more just "relationship" level conversations.

There's a soft-sci-fi story in there somewhere, I just don't have the skill to write it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #610]

Aug 31, 2011 - 03:41 PM
Shooting balls into Taylor Swift's mouth
*balls*
So I have a 3DS.

Face Raiders is more fun than it should be.

Next picture? Mr. Bucket.

Currently Playing: *strange laugh sound effect*

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #609]

Aug 26, 2011 - 05:18 PM
"The Muppets" - The Green Album: A Review
Except for Sondre Leche's version of "Mr. Bassman" and Andrew Bird's version of "Bein' Green," the album ranges from "meh" to "fuck you Weezer and OK Go."

The two songs I called out are fucking fantastic, especially Andrew Bird's track. Avoid the rest if you can.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #608]

Aug 21, 2011 - 02:50 PM
Addendum to crazy idea:
There should be TV shows. Newscasts. Hell, one of the characters should sit down to watch TV before getting a phone call, and everything that is on is empty sets. Or there's like, the Saved By the Bell intro, but without texts or seeing any of the characters. Also without any sound.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #607]

Aug 19, 2011 - 03:04 PM
Crazy film idea
I want to see a romantic comedy with NO extras. By this, I don't mean that the movie should take place in a small, secluded place, where the only people one would expect to see are the major and minor characters.

I want this to take place in an empty New York, or similar city. There is no implied apocalypse, making our characters the only people left. We just simply see NOTHING in the way of extraneous background people. Hell, in the inevitable "scene at a bar" I don't even want a bartender. I want their drinks to just be there. The characters should make no mention to the fact that there's nobody else around; indeed, they should actually behave as if people ARE there.

Simply put: movie without Zefirellian background noise.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #606]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
wvlfpvp's Journal