Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
wvlfpvp's Journal

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK [size=5]FUCK[/size]

wvlfpvp's Journal Statistics
View wvlfpvp's profile
Entries 719 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 4 entries are private (0.56% of total)
Views 309292
Replies wvlfpvp has made 2198 comments [view last 20]
Comments 1993 comments (2.77 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 440 props given to wvlfpvp [who be proppin]
Buddies 100 buddies
Relation You are not wvlfpvp's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal Entry [Viewing All Entries]
Jul 9, 2015 - 06:01 PM
I am no longer the proud owner of a 3ds.
I took it to work with me almost daily, because retail in this city means about 5 or 6 tags a week. And then I lost it a couple weeks ago and it walked out. Tried calling around, but places need a police report to even let me know if one came in on trade (Even with the specific of "I still have the box and my registration with Nintendo here's my serial number in two places here's email records for dlc"), so yeah. I don't have time to get one, especially considering I can't have the place hold it (and my copy of Curtain Call yay for dlc and logged hours I can't get back) until it processes.

so yeah. I guess at least games are tied to my account instead of being completely lost, or am I screwed in that regard too?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #715]

Apr 5, 2015 - 10:21 PM
FOOD WARS!
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #714]

Dec 12, 2014 - 02:08 PM
BSC '015 winner confirmed
FURIOUS SCISSOR
YouTube Video

:furious scissoring noises:

need jessy to confirm/deny

(but really I am nominating this shit)

Currently Playing: FURIOUS SCISSORING NOISES

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #713]

Dec 5, 2014 - 05:39 PM
Just gonna put a music link right here
http://rivalrivalrival.bandcamp.com/...x-mega-man-ost

Holy.

God.

Yes.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #712]

Sep 24, 2014 - 06:31 PM
One-Step Transformers - a thought
Kids are fucking lazy these days if that's a selling point.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #711]

Aug 18, 2014 - 09:39 AM
Dog stuff.
I've been holding off on doing this for a couple of months now, but here goes.

Stephen and I's first dog together, Lucy, passed away at the end of June. She was about 14 years old (we aren't completely sure, because she walked up to our house as a strayprobable drop-off on the side of the road, but we had her for over 9 years). She'd been on her way out for a while, but the vet said that she wasn't suffering, so there had been no need to put her down. We went on a family cruise in the middle of the month, and she stayed at a Pet Hotel, did really well. My parents came by a few times to visit with her, and let us know how she was doing.

Then we came home. We had one more week with her. She was more energetic on walks than she had been in months, but she was also sleeping and lazy more and more in the room. We'd had some problems getting her to eat off and on, but we had that solved by the time we went on vacation (grilled chicken does wonders for a dog's tummy)... but she wouldn't eat. I took her to the vet, who gave us some fluids to put her on, but she still wouldn't eat. So getting nutrition, but we also knew that, after the weekend, we were probably going to need to take her in to say goodbye.

That Sunday morning, I had to sing a solo at church, so I left early to go to both services as I had to. She seemed to be sleeping OK, and was responsive enough when I took her out. Second service, Stephen called me during prayer. I ignored the first call (it's pretty SOP for us when I'm somewhere like church, because accidental dials happen), but when the phone rang the second time, I got up and left the sanctuary. He was upset, said he had just woken up and heard her whine when he went to the bathroom, and it was time. I left the service (my director knew the situation, so nothing needed to be said) and met him and his dad at the vet. He was holding her, she was wrapped up in a towel, and having some problems breathing. He handed her to me (I'd gotten to the vet first and was pacing in the lot, my parents were on the way (they were at the service that morning, so they called when it was over, having noticed I wasn't in the choir loft anymore), and we went in. We had to wait for the vet to come administer so I kept holding her.

She fell asleep in my arms and didn't wake up.

We had her cremated, so we wouldn't have to bury her somewhere we weren't going to be in a year. I still rub the top of her urn every now and then. Fucking hell I miss her so goddamn much some days, even now. Reading Sandman helped (it's become part of my grieving process (holy god issue 8, and Death during the wake hurt but are so cathartic because she does understand and she does give life meaning)), and so did the other part of this post.

We have a new puppy. Her name is Ethel, and she's just over three months old. This is her at the vet:

(I don't have a lot of awake pictures of her, because she's fucking twitchy)

She's an American Cocker, like Lucy (unless Lucy was a Colonial (cross between American and English Cockers)), and she's a bundle of sweetness. And biting. Holy god the biting. Yeah. At least we've got her mostly potty-trained, and she's taken to crate training (until we can let her sleep on the bed through the night without having to worry about her peeing on the comforter again) pretty well, even though we put it up on the desk chair on my side of the bed to keep her calm at night. Spoiled.

But yeah, she helps with missing Lucy. Except for the days where she makes it worse. Y'all know how it goes, right?

So. Still grieving, but also happy because hey, puppy.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #710]

Aug 5, 2014 - 10:47 AM
Dear Gamingforce: I apologize
Response to: What the fuck does "pro-marriage" mean? by wvlfpvp

I was quite wrong, and what this man is doing is fucking beautiful.

http://www.esquire.com/features/abor...ie-parker-0914

Also, even before I read the article, let me just say that the idea of there only being one clinic in Mississippi just felt wrong to me.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #709]

Jul 15, 2014 - 01:13 AM
Hey Shin:
To go with your shoes!

FUCKING WINGS

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #708]

Jul 1, 2014 - 10:02 PM
Fucking Octoball Derby

Fucking Octoball Derby. Just one more heart piece.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #707]

Jun 30, 2014 - 04:56 PM
Just so y'all know:
I'm with Ginsberg on today's ruling. Hobby Lobby winning is not "religious freedom" it's a public employer trampling on the religious freedoms of their employees who may or may not hold to those same beliefs.

It's not like Hobby Lobby's a fucking church.

I have other, more emotional shit to post, but I can't fucking deal right now, so that'll just have to wait.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #706]

May 16, 2014 - 08:14 PM
A sure sign of aging:
Nose hairs are fucking ITCHY.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #705]

May 9, 2014 - 11:05 AM
What the fuck does "pro-marriage" mean?
Seriously, what the fuck. I read this in some attack on HGTV firing some outspoken Christians about how you can't be pro-life, pro-marriage in this country and then starts bandying about traditional marriage and I don't get it the kinds of marriages we have nowadays are radically different than (let's give a rough estimate) even as recent as 200 years ago, where a decent part of Western society (because, let's face it, we're talking about Western marriage practices here when we refer to traditional marriage) was still going about marriages as "what can the girl's family give us for taking her."

Ugh. Also I hate how pro-lifers don't seem to understand that pro-choice people are allowed to be pro-choice. Kinda like how they see it as fact that pro-choicers refusing to not be pro-choice means we should make laws forcing them to not be.

I mean, fuck, I'm a pro-choice pro-adoption person. I don't think abortions should be as readily available as they are (after a certain age, you know what you're getting in to, so unless there's health issues associated with the pregnancy, you really should consider going full-term and giving the baby up to someone who is either financially or emotionally ready for a child; I would actually forgive someone underage an abortion because we were all stupid at one point, but after that, you kinda know what you're getting into when you let the guy put it in bare (and if you agree to protected and he deliberately does something to cause it to fail, then I actually see that as a special form of rape)), but I know they're also a necessary evil given the lack of responsible sex education in this country. But still. Are you an adult? If you think you might have done something to get preggers and don't want a baby, why don't you just get the morning-after pill and stop conception before it even gets to the abortion phase? I'm sure it's less expensive, although I personally have no experience with it.

As a follow-up question: do clinics offer information on the adoption route if a girl/woman hasn't necessarily been informed that that's an option?

Response entries:
Dear Gamingforce: I apologize by wvlfpvp

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (52 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #704]

Apr 24, 2014 - 04:58 PM
Question before I start watching the JoJo:
So I've read Phantom Blood, and I'll prolly read Part II just before I watch that section's adaptation.

So. Should I go ahead and watch the current arc as it airs (once I've caught up) and wait for a decent scanlation, or should I read DUWANG before watching?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #703]

Apr 14, 2014 - 12:09 PM
So, those drums at the beginning of Down Under
Totally in the rhythm of "milk, milk, lemonade, 'round the corner fudge is made."

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #702]

Mar 17, 2014 - 10:35 AM
wvlf SAUS noms pool
Only nomming animu songz. YOU GOTS A PROLLEM WIT DAT? Gonna be BZ2 all up in this bitch

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

MY NOMZ WILL BE PICKED FROM THIS LIST

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #701]

Mar 13, 2014 - 05:04 PM
Sonic has half-price Chzburgers
Just thought I would share in light of the mesmerizing.

Also sharing the incorrect capitalization.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #700]

Mar 7, 2014 - 08:58 PM
You know who had some teeth?
Shelly Duvall.

Shelly Duvall had some TEETH.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #699]

Mar 6, 2014 - 09:28 PM
Gechmir does not have a journal or has disabled his/her journal. Stop trying.
So, who broke vBulletin this time?

Cuz the entry's sitting right there.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #698]

Feb 19, 2014 - 09:59 PM
Crackfic Werewolf?
I've been kicking around a few Werewolf ideas for YEARS, and keep being unable to actually think of a way to make some of these concepts work: the Wheel of Time balefire one where executions would undo a person's actions the previous night, one barely sketched out idea based on The Portrait of Dorian Gray where everyone had a picture that would change over time, but oh yeah they can also use some sort of point system to keep it from reflecting if they were evil or good and it was honestly not all that well thought out.

So how about this: somewhat standard werewolf, but everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) would write like a crackfic author. Normal in PMs within teams, but any non-meta information would be who was phone. Am I a retard?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #697]

Feb 8, 2014 - 08:21 PM
Grant Kirkhope.
Response to: The OTHER Disney game remake of 2013 by wvlfpvp

The reason the music in the Castle of Illusion remake is awesome. Just beat it.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #696]

Feb 7, 2014 - 03:23 PM
The OTHER Disney game remake of 2013
This won't be all "bells and whistle-y," since I haven't played past the first 3 worlds, but here we go: last year, Disney/SEGA re-released Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse, a very VERY early title from the Genesis that was an exceedingly competent platformer (I honestly think the SEGA Disney games rival the Capcom ones in quality), if a bit on the easy side. I dunno if this is more overlooked because it came out at a time before a lot of folks had a Genesis, since it's well before Sonic. They took the old game, and, much like Ducktales Remastered, spruced it up. In this case, they made the game 2.5D, with different sidescrolling paths occasionally doubling back into the foreground and background (and occasional 3rd person 3D sections, like... well... practically every platformer you've played since the shift to 3D), as well as futzing with some of the areas themselves. Controls are fantastically solid, and for once, the oldschool game controls better with the control stick than the D-pad (and I realize I'm saying this in regards to the 360, but I imagine they'd hold up on the PS3 with its more serviceable D-pad as well).

My one major complaint is that, while the remixed music is quite good (hell, some of it even holds up better than virt's work on the other) and you're given an option before starting to play with the Genesis OST, the option doesn't pan out very well... the classic music is mixed WAY down, so the SFX that are more evenly leveled in the modern version stick out like a sore thumb, especially if you turn the game up to actually HEAR the Genesis stuff. Funny that my "major" complaint isn't really as such.

Also, there's a narrator, and it's awesome. Not quite at Bastion level, but.

Here's a vid with the music from the Enchanted Forest:
YouTube Video

I'm holding out that they'll remake the sequel where they added Donald and there's essentially 3 paths through the game (one for Mickey, one for Donald, and one for co-op). Loved playing that one as a kid.

Response entries:
Grant Kirkhope. by wvlfpvp

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #695]

Jan 21, 2014 - 12:11 PM
So, Berserk (SPOILERS)
Holy fucking shit. I don't know how long it's been since there's been a character I've wanted to see dead as bad as Phemt. Lots of places are all "The Eclipse will make you Brain Bleach." No. The Eclipse cemented in my head that Griffith (who is actually MORE horrifying reincarnated than in his God Hand form) needs to be ended.

I'm also making a conscious choice to never watch the new movies, because I don't think I can handle the Eclipse in motion. Violence, I can deal with, but I already had a brain shut-down watching a rape scene in Irreversible, and I'd rather not go through that again.

Now as long as Miura gets things in motion so the series can plz hiatus end nao instead of after your short story is finished publishing.

Response entries:
Wvlf thinks that rape is a cool literary device by Sarag

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (14 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #694]

Jan 15, 2014 - 03:30 PM
Picture taken at work
Response to: Picture taken at work by RacinReaver

Except, since my work is in theatre, it's more of a "picture while a show's going on," so here's a men's chorus shot from The Mikado.

WARNING: I HAVE HAIR. Just right of center (almost typed "left" there, since I'm thinking stage directions)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #693]

Jan 13, 2014 - 10:17 AM
Fuck yes Renge you are the best
YouTube Video

So yeah, Non Non Biyori was p. much fantastic anime from last season.

Y'all were just too busy with AWESOME (Attack on Titan) to keep up with TOTES ADORBS.

TOTES MCGOTES.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #692]

Nov 15, 2013 - 04:00 PM
GAMINGFORCE: A GIFT!
Hey remember the first time we tried Karaoke? Guess who still has the mp3s.

Listen to Diss singing "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" and other fun stuff

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #691]

Oct 23, 2013 - 02:42 PM
Games to remember come BSC next year also further GRE
Mega Man II (GB NOTICE THE ROMAN NUMERAL)
7th Saga (horribly broken game, some interesting music tho)
Ihatovo Monogatari (wow this SNES game music also most random (and I'll prolly never play) therefore necessitating this list)
Skyblazer

Got a 4.5 on the writing part, even though I was cut off as I was discussing Godwin's Law which totally had a point that I didn't even get to.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #690]

Aug 27, 2013 - 09:10 AM
I the GRE
I the 165 Verbal 161 Quantitative.

Will be interesting seeing how they liked my occasional ramblefest analytical writing.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #689]

Aug 7, 2013 - 09:24 PM
wvlf's awesome dinner (from last night no pics)
OK SO HERE"S WHAT YOU DO
STEP ONE: Have a steamer
STEP TWO: get a microwave safe plastic dish
STEP THREE: put a raw chicken thigh (boneless-skinless) in said dish (5-8 oz)
STEP FOUR: Get some cajun seasoning. season chicken to taste.
STEP FIVE: Drain a small can of cut green beans, pour beans over chicken. Season beans with something like Mrs. Dash Table Blend (it's what I used)
STEP SIX: Get a can of Campbell's Chunky Chicken Broccoli Cheese with Potato soup. Pour over everything.
STEP SEVEN: stir lightly.
STEP EIGHT: Cover dish well with plastic wrap.
STEP NINE: Put in steamer, cook 1.5-2 hours. (The soup keeps the chicken from drying out during this cook time).
STEP TEN: ??? (This step makes this all taste even better)
STEP ELEVEN: remove dish from steamer, remove plastic wrap (taking care to avoid burns (I love when microwave directions tell you this)). Stir lightly.

The food will look like total ass, but it's fucking delicious. I actually used a bigger can of green beans (14.5 oz), but the flavor was slightly more prominent than it needed to be, so I'd cut back on those.

Currently Playing: Not even doing the underpants gnome thing

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #688]

Aug 3, 2013 - 10:41 AM
Further thoughts
Response to: First Thoughts on Balance & Ruin by wvlfpvp

Way too much in the way of wub-wub-wub that obliterates the rest of the song (Strader actually makes a track I enjoy for once (thank god it's not metal) and it has wub in it, but it's not really the focus when it happens).

Also, the best po! track in a while is on it. River of sine waves is fucking fantastic.

Jose the Bronx Rican continues to not impress.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #687]

Aug 2, 2013 - 03:44 PM
First Thoughts on Balance & Ruin
Holy shit virt totally just made up for the awful before and after.

Response entries:
Further thoughts by wvlfpvp

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #686]

Jul 24, 2013 - 07:59 PM
So actual news instead of randomness
I'm singing Victor in Young Frankenstien at one of the local theatres. It's not a pay gig, but they generally do better stuff than the one that pays/has interns, so it's still good.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #685]

Jul 20, 2013 - 06:49 PM
Also, KINMOZA
Fucking oh my god adorable

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #684]

Jul 17, 2013 - 05:46 PM
Oh my god Stella Women's Academy
Are you watching new Gainax Stephen and I am watching new Gainax The music so far is awesome in the action sequences (totally jazz Japanese people make good Jazz) also there's this blue haired girl:

She's like, basically Kamina (because she's bad ass and has blue hair and is a total mentor figure) and she's only featured in ONE EPISODE so far and totally owns it WATCH THE DAMN SHOW

I mean it's gainax, so it's got bouncy boobs for those of y'all who like bouncy boobs

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #683]

Jun 29, 2013 - 08:42 PM
To post something before I Facebook it
Denying queers marriage rights for religious reasons (which are almost exclusively Abrahamic) is to invalidate the fact that marriage existed in countries outside that religious sphere before it was introduced. Hell, what about places that missionaries go to that still practice tribal god worship? They get married!

WHAT ABOUT ATHIESTS.

I SPELLED THAT WRONG

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #682]

May 6, 2013 - 06:59 PM
AKB0048: Shit Just Got Real
She totally exploded into a star.

Also one of the girls used the glowstick missiles that WOTA used.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #681]

Apr 30, 2013 - 11:53 AM
I finished reading Pluto this weekend
Holy christ. I've been reading a lot of manga, but this is one of the few that I'll say is completely and totally brilliant. Just... just...

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #680]

Apr 25, 2013 - 09:56 AM
A feature more games need that I miss
Remember when a game would be all like "SPECIAL THANKS TO

YOU"

and you were all like YAY because you were 10 at the time?

Yeah I want more games to be all like Yeah we're happy you finished the game.

Currently Playing: It's like being the fifth member of Spinal Tap

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #679]

Apr 22, 2013 - 08:58 PM
AKB0048
Why does this show exist?

I mean I'm glad it does because it's pretty entertaining and all

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #678]

Apr 22, 2013 - 03:34 PM
Memphis has some of the best news stories (Part 2)
http://www.wmctv.com/story/21763154/...ighbors-finger

Of note: IT WAS HER FUCKING FINGER.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #677]

Apr 19, 2013 - 08:37 PM
Memphis has some of the best news stories (Part 1 of a possibly continuing series)
http://wreg.com/2013/04/19/restauran...return-burger/

Of note: the burger was 3 days old.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #676]

Apr 12, 2013 - 09:37 AM
SAUS nomination wishes
If I'd heard this before Tuesday, y'all would have had this fantastic in your hearboxes

YouTube Video

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #675]

Mar 6, 2013 - 09:51 AM
I'd be happy if Brandon Strader would just stop.
At least with the "metal." Because he sucks at it. I've enjoyed the stuff that he's done that doesn't fall under that category SO MUCH MORE because, let's face it, he's not talented enough to do decent metal.

He's trying too hard, which is when it moves beyond good cheese and becomes Immortal.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #674]

Mar 5, 2013 - 12:37 PM
Just finished reading Elfen Lied
Fucking christ how schizophrenic can a story be I mean it's horrifyingly uncomfortable A LOT of the time but then also why can't I stop crying

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #673]

Mar 4, 2013 - 10:55 AM
SAUS artist alert, bitches
YouTube Video

These guys will be nominated by me. Not this song. But a different one.

If they don't win I will destroy the internets.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #672]

Feb 28, 2013 - 10:45 AM
You'd think...
that SOMEONE would have ripped the bit from Prince of Thieves where Marian screams out ROBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN and put it up on youtube.

Repeatedly or stretched out.

They haven't.

I lack the skillz to do so.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #671]

Feb 26, 2013 - 12:43 PM
Ow My Vision

Currently Playing: Frank Zappa - The Deathless Horsie

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #670]

Feb 22, 2013 - 11:31 AM
Bruce Willis' Chin

RUMER HAS IT

(ruuuu-meerr) RUMER HAS IT

Currently Playing: Adele, bitches

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #669]

Feb 12, 2013 - 10:13 AM
Life Update? (also Werewolf?)
I'm feeling lazy so here it is:

I haven't been posting much.

I'll be posting again.

I have a dumb idea for a horror-themed Werewolf game involving paintings (sorta Dorian Gray-ish, but less obviously tied to each player since that'd ruin the fun). Thoughts?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #668]

Oct 9, 2012 - 02:53 PM
playing SNES roms on tv: why didn't I do this before?
Stephen and I have one of his parents' old laptops that we just started using to watch subbed anime on our tv instead of watching on computer (just make sense, given that there's a lot of stuff that both of us like (oh god we're watching KissXSis and enjoying it for the pure sense that it's insanely raunchy oh god the third ep. of the oad))

That said, I don't know why I didn't think about this sooner: putting an emulator on the laptop and using my Playstation2-to-usb converter to actually play shit that I've been wanting to play on a TV for the longest fucking time ON A FUCKING TV. It's fantastic. It's also a much better alternative for certain games than getting them on WiiWare, seeing as how I don't have a classic controller and the button layout on the Gamecube controller is awkward for more action-y titles (Super Metroid would NEVER happen with the GC controller). Now all I need is a wireless mouse and I have the ability to play the ENTIRE monkey island series on the TV.

Long Story Short: Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Super Castlevania IV, other classics. On our 50" tv.

No Filters.

Final Destination.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #667]

Oct 4, 2012 - 07:04 PM
Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu (SFC)
In another "wvlf wants you to play this if you haven't already entry," I have the SNES version of Kirby Star Stacker.

Because wvlf is lazy and also doesn't want to stop playing for long enough to take pictures, here's a couple utub vids

SOTORY MODO!
YouTube Video

Why was only the GB version released over here wtf!?!?

BATTURU/PUZURU MODO!
YouTube Video

There's also a "play till you fuck up mode!"

Like seriously. The game's essentially playable without understanding Japanese. I haven't tried story mode, but I'm guessing that text knowledge really isn't important to being able to play the game. So why we only got the GB version I don't know. This is fun as hell. FRUCKING PRAY IT!@

I have a download link for you. It is here.

Currently Playing: Hell they could have stuck it on the Wii disc as a bonus!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #666]

Oct 4, 2012 - 12:06 PM
oh god captain novolin
oh god.

what you wanted pictures i don hav pictars

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #665]

Sep 27, 2012 - 02:27 PM
Asameshimae Nyanko (SFC): Japan made Othello with Cats.
Holy shit I finally found this game that is Othello but with cats.

Also rock paper scissors.

YouTube Video

Ignore the fact that the wanker who made the vid has filters on.

rom download goes here!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #664]

Sep 21, 2012 - 04:23 PM
Ruin (a Bioshock mashup album)
So there's this album. I've had it for a while, and just thought about linking y'all to it. Problem is, dude took his original copy down. So. Until I get around to making a post for the MEC (I actually have other stuff to post, and I'm hosting on Dropbox, so it'll be available until I take it off that.)

But. It's a mashup album with a LOT of samples from both Bioshock 1 and 2 (and their soundtracks), and a bunch of other music besides.

I should warn you it also has the Dr. Suchong "Would you kindly" audio diary, so just be prepared. It's in I can see your Breath.

Download folder link goes here

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #663]

Sep 21, 2012 - 09:31 AM
Seeing Lords of Shadow through to the end
God the combo system devolves into smacking buttons so hard

But I'm going through since I can count on Kojima to make the story needlessly complex

and we all know how much I like needlessly complex things

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #662]

Sep 8, 2012 - 02:16 PM
FF: Random Encounter
Boy a lot of this album sounds like the bottom half of a Dwelling of Duels Free Month.

::double checks the artist list::

Oh I see

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #661]

Sep 7, 2012 - 03:16 PM
Wii U Wii U Wii U
YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #660]

Sep 1, 2012 - 11:43 AM
Off-Beat SNES games
OK, so we all know that the 16-bit era had some really random crap coming out for the 2 big systems that were out at the time (and the TG-16, as well).

So recommend me some stuff. I'm half tempted to go to the wikipedia article that's got a list of SNES games (just starting with stuff released in the US/Europe/Australia to begin with) and play through shit that I haven't played a million times. Possibly in release order. I'd also take recommendations for Genesis stuff. Haunting Starring Polterguy made me happy.

And I know about The Firemen and if you don't know about The Firemen then get youself some SNES emulator and the rom and play the damn thing do it now

This includes Tecmo's Secret of the Stars. I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to games (I've played through so much crap on the NES back when I first discovered emulation with NESticle Yo! Noid)

There may be a thread in this. (Also currently playing Skyblazer, it's not an awful thing, and the music is randomly catchy)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (20 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #659]

Aug 31, 2012 - 01:59 PM
11/22/63 (some quick words)
I just finished the book, and I have to say it's probably one of the best novels I've read by King. Also funny how a non-horror novel ends up being one of the creepiest things he's written, and has a scene in it that is the scariest thing I've seen in King's output. This includes my horrifying overthinking of throwaway lines in Pet Sematary.

Also, the ending is possibly the saddest thing he's written. Fantastic, and made sense, but still.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #658]

Aug 29, 2012 - 02:23 PM
So I'm playin' dat Lords of Shadow
And I still can't get over Jean-Luc Picard's voice coming out of Saruman.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #657]

Aug 25, 2012 - 02:54 PM
My face is as long as my cocker spaniel's
I know this because when I touch her forehead with mine, our noses touch as well.

She's a pretty!!!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #656]

Aug 23, 2012 - 09:07 PM
I USE ANTLERS IN ALL OF MY
DEEEEEEEEEEEEECORATING

Currently Playing: Best part of Beauty and the Beast, hands down

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #655]

Aug 23, 2012 - 02:15 PM
Life's simple pleasures:
Deflating an air mattress by laying on it.

Response entries:
Life's complicated pleasures: by Radez

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #654]

Aug 12, 2012 - 09:33 AM
Cats: simultaneously cute and not at all
So the cat just saw me taking our dog out. She was carrying a dead squirrel. Since Stephen and I are the ony folks she really likes, she meowed at me with her mouth full and ran over to show me (she had been heading to the back of the yard).

If I wasn't with the dog, I imagine she would have wanted to be petted.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #653]

Aug 11, 2012 - 03:44 PM
Converting flacs to mp3s
I hate doing it and realizing once the files are on my mp3 player that I forgot to turn off winamp's EQ before I converted. My copy of Bastion that I got with the humble bundle is fucked.

So now I'm redownloading YAY WASTE OF TIME

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #652]

Aug 7, 2012 - 10:44 AM
Horrifyingly photoshopped ad found on isohunt

That is all.
Also I fixed an image link a few entries down.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #651]

Jul 31, 2012 - 11:09 AM
While y'all were busy actually watching the new season of true blood...
I've spent my time convalescing reading the last Sookie book (which at this point are so far removed from the TV continuity that they might as well be entirely different properties). Just finished it and was only mildly surprised that it didn't end with me saying "FINALLY!" Next book might start with it, though, so that's cool. Now if only I could convince Stephen that the books are less skanky than the show...

Also, I'll be playing catch-up with the eps on the DVR in the next few days, so there's that.

Now to finish reading Kiseijuu. Body Horror overload for the win!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #650]

Jul 26, 2012 - 12:07 AM
Ow, my wrist
Ow, my wrist

Currently Playing: Stupid Splint also Bloc Party

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #649]

Jul 24, 2012 - 08:11 PM
Airport security
I will set it off now. Still splinted after the surgery last Thursday, but I'm home, healthy (on enough antibiotics to choke a cat, but ibuprofen is keeping the pain at bay), and I can drive.

The wreck looks kinda bad, until you see the inside and realize the way the Corolla was constructed saved my life. So we have two new ones. So yeah. Life could be so much worse.

Blood and car fluids are stinky in the Memphis summer heat.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #648]

Jul 17, 2012 - 03:22 AM
So I got into a headon collision yesterday
Fell asleep at the wheel, drifted across the center line, got incredibly lucky. I have a broken arm that will need to be set with pins, and some scuffs and scrapes, but the car is completely fucked.

The emts said it was incredible I could move my feet and legs.

Currently Playing: A infomercial for a fucking paint sprayer

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (15 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #647]

Jun 30, 2012 - 09:16 PM
Idea for a play
Set is a platform onstage, making up a living room. The three main walls of the room are made up of wallpaper stretched over a frame (no actual walls). Two, three person cast. Act I consists of banal dialogue about nothing really, maybe reality tv or something topical-ish.

Between the acts, the platform rotates 180. We don't see the actors for about 20 minutes of the second act. Then one of them notices the walls are made of paper. Cue ripping the walls down, the characters noticing the audience and then slowly going insane for the rest of the play with the revelation that they are fictional. Lots of screaming at the audience, maybe someone's hair turns white in full view of the audience, then the play ends with the cast sitting on the edge of the stage for 10 minutes, staring silently.

It'll be called "Post-Modernism: a Satire".

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #646]

Jun 17, 2012 - 09:38 PM
This picture made me giggle SOOOOOOOOOO hard

fillerbunny even MORE worth it.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #645]

Jun 14, 2012 - 07:55 PM
How to traumatize a teenager:
Show him the video his mom posted of his into-a-kiddie-pool homebirth.

Tell him someone his age found it hot.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #644]

Jun 5, 2012 - 04:58 PM
Is this commercial racist?
So, there's this Toyota commercial where there's this Asian guy test driving the car. Ok, so nothing wrong there.

The kicker: he uses the car's phone to call his dad, who is, given that the guy doesn't look mixed, probably Asian. When he says that he's "committing to Toyota," the dad freaks the fuck out with happiness.

Is it racist, given that I've never seen an Asian person driving domestic?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #643]

Jun 1, 2012 - 05:50 PM
Horrible sitcom idea!
Rosemary just wanted a baby. It's too bad, then, that her and her asshole husband just moved next door to Satanists!

Coming to FOX this fall, it's Those Wacky Satanists!

Seriously, I see this like a bad 70s sitcom and it's about the crazy antics of the neighbors trying to get her preggers by Satan. It'd follow the book, too, since she decides to try to raise the Baby as a good kid, so that would add at least a season or two.

It would be intentionally unfunny funny because JESUS CHRIST

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #642]

May 22, 2012 - 05:37 PM
I streamed the new Blind Guardian album while I was at work today
\m/ pretty much sums up how I feel right now, although total Missed Moment of Awesome in the lack of choir and orchestra throughout the album, given that the track with it was the best fucking thing.

Edit:
I just realized what was up with the album. Still needed moar choir and orchestra.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #641]

May 14, 2012 - 03:43 PM
Alan Wake: End of Chapter 5
Ow my brain

This is my first instance of this in this game.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #640]

Apr 24, 2012 - 10:08 AM
Re: Jonathan Davis singing the theme to Downpour.
The song isn't right (what with not being "guy in a room with a guitar"), but you have to admit one thing:

His voice is much better than the Joe Romersa. I'm sorry, but the ED song to 3 made me giggle because his voice was so awful. I'd still rather have another Mary Elizabeth McGlynn song, but at least the singing's easier to deal with.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #639]

Apr 20, 2012 - 04:04 PM
I read the stupidest thing today:
It's two years old, but:

Monster House Screenwriter Apologizes for the movie

Basically, he apologizes for the movie being "confusing" and therefore extra scary for his friend's 7-year-old child, giving the child nightmares. Motherfucker, please. The best part about the confusing thing is that he comments that all the story elements are even confusing to adults. What? The movie was fairly easy to follow, and yes, it's fucked up that the woman was killed in the foundation to the house, by why is it so confusing for an adult to understand (WHEN THEY TELL YOU IN THE DAMN MOVIE) that that's why the woman hates children and has possessed the house so she can eat them. It's a horror movie premise, for fuck's sake.

Secondly: you're surprised that your kid got scared by (and then had nightmares from) a kiddie horror/comedy? REALLY!? Hey, lady: name any Disney animated feature. Name any Don Bluth animated feature. Name practically any animated feature that's intended for children/families. Name various kid's shows. What do they all have in common? Something in them has given more than one child nightmares. Fuck, Fraggle Rock had a couple episodes that scared the shit out of me when I was a child. Doesn't mean it's not family/child friendly. The same elements haven't bothered many other children, so, what the fucking hell.

But what really got me was this bit:
Quote:
Because even a scary story, if it's a good scary story, takes us into strange, dark places that don't make sense at first, and helps us see that they do make sense, and are therefore not so scary.

WHAT?

THAT IS NOT HOW HORROR WORKS. Fuck. The best scary stories/movies/whatever are the ones that stick with you afterwards and bother you when you're not expecting it. Or the ones that make you think about them when you're trying to fall asleep. And again, different stuff scares different people, but when you don't get an explanation for WHY the things in the movie/story are happening to these specific people who the author chooses to show, it can generally be much more effective than not.

Ugh, I hate people. I mean, he blames Spielberg for the "confusing elements." Yeah, sorry, but the why and the how was pretty well spelled out by the script, so.

What the fuck ever. I'm done ranting now.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #638]

Apr 14, 2012 - 04:26 PM
Newsies: The Musical: The Soundtrack: A Review
Fuck it so very hard.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #637]

Mar 28, 2012 - 04:46 PM
80s one-hit wonder question:
When Toni Basil says "I'll take it like a man," does she mean she does anal?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #636]

Mar 20, 2012 - 08:33 PM
Ukelele Info:
It's real easy to make beautiful dissonant chords with the way the strings are.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #635]

Mar 19, 2012 - 07:26 PM
Spring Awakening.
So we went to Memphis' only pro theatre company Friday to see the musical mentioned in the title.

It's OK. My biggest problems were the mics out of nowhere, the super angstyness of the plot and the fact that, walking out of the theatre, I remembered none of the songs. None of them. Also most the songs didn't seem to flow in the context of the show, which is what you're actually aiming for in a musical. It's like going to see a bad jukebox musical (let's say, for illustration's purposes, Mama Mia!) where you don't know any of the songs going into it.

I kinda want to read the original play and see if there's anything lost in the translation besides the rape.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #634]

Mar 14, 2012 - 03:39 PM
Console RPG recommendations?
OK, here's the thing: Stephen is looking forward to a summer off, and he's looking for at least one modern console generation RPG to play.

What he's mostly looking for is something that is either turn-based or modified turn-based. Or even an action RPG, if it's mostly button-mash-y goodness, and doesn't need to navigate menus for magic. What he doesn't like is first-person games (so no shooter RPGs). I know this is a tough question, since most of these games are now handheld-exclusive, while what we get on consoles is some other genre with some sort of RPG mechanics added on (either a lot or not so much).

What we already own for this console generation:
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
FFXIII
The two chapters of the Penny Arcade game (which he's not going to play because he doesn't like the fact that it doesn't finish, and I can't say I blame him, honestly; sure, it's fine that they wrote the ending, but there's definitely something missing without having the player character as mish-mash of the Only Sane Man and Deadpan Snarker.)

Most of what we have in terms of RPGs nowadays are either on handhelds or the PS2. I mean, if ours wasn't on its last legs, he'd probably play P4.

Oh, and he wasn't a huge fan of the demo of Costume Quest. He's also not 100% on the Tales of... games, unless they're more hands-off on the other party members than past games have been.

Thanks much, considering that this is a slightly difficult question, given the nature of the game business right now.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #633]

Mar 8, 2012 - 08:04 PM
Are women people?
MAYBE!!!!! Link goes here

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [7] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #632]

Mar 1, 2012 - 04:46 PM
Nichijou:
Fucking HAH

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #631]

Feb 28, 2012 - 12:05 PM
What if Episode I was good?
YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #630]

Feb 21, 2012 - 03:38 PM
10 years
This past weekend marked 10 years that Stephen and I have been together. I did a horrible job packing for our weekend in Nashville, the room sucked, and I ruined about a third of our cake by not wrapping the box in plastic wrap and putting it in ice to keep it from spoiling (thankfully, the top two layers were OK, and the icing (Italian Meringue Buttercreme) was fucking delicious), and we got stuck on one of those annoying tables for two at the Cheesecake Factory that's about as unromantic as it can get. On the other hand, Arietty was great, this greek place had some delicious food (I had the lamb burger, and it was some of the best lamb I've had), and the play we went to (God of Carnage go see it if you have the chance) was hilarious and fabulous.

And I'm happy. Here's to another 10.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [9] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #629]

Feb 16, 2012 - 04:33 PM
BSC 2012 consideration.
I know I always choose something "awful," but I'm seriously considering a couple things from RE2.

You know, like the 3rd Malformation of "G." Because of the singing sample. Being hilarious.

YouTube Video

or Credit Line of Whole Staff. Because HEY IT'S UP TO US TO TAKE OUT UMBRELLA *guitar squeal bassline*

YouTube Video

Thoughts? Considering that I'm planning on something from 'nigma, something from a mario game, and at least one song from Bastion, as well?

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #628]

Feb 6, 2012 - 04:11 PM
ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #627]

Feb 5, 2012 - 08:07 PM
Santa (A Venn Diagram)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #626]

Jan 15, 2012 - 01:09 PM
Dear Gamingforce:
I saw a couple of Mexicans running across I-40 and jumping over the dividing wall at the median this morning.

It is probably the funniest thing I will see all day.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #625]

Dec 13, 2011 - 10:11 PM
Download link for the Bastion OST
http://supergiantgames.bandcamp.com/

I see what I did there. You can get it for free with Google, but come on.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #624]

Dec 13, 2011 - 12:07 PM
The Bastion OST
If this entire thing isn't part of the BSC this year, then there is something completely wrong with the music enjoyment skills of you people.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #623]

Nov 8, 2011 - 09:43 AM
Yet another arrangement idea
"Happiness is a Warm Gun" stretched to album length (~60 minutes), and arranged and played live. SUPERDRONE.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #622]

Nov 6, 2011 - 01:54 PM
You know what's unrealistic about Back to the Future 2?
Adult!Marty doesn't have Parkinson's.

I demand a George Lucas-style Special Edition.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (14 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #621]

Nov 2, 2011 - 03:34 PM
Listening to dubstep is like going to an evil version of Narnia:
Five minutes feels as long as a lifetime, only instead of exploring a fantasy world based on Christian allegory, you're trapped inside your skull, slowly being mind-raped by the worst fucking kind of electronic dance music I've ever heard.

And I Must Scream, indeed.

The only known counter for this horrible attack? Nice relaxing chillout.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #620]

Oct 27, 2011 - 03:31 PM
Yoko, your music is awesome
But why in the fuck should I have to listen to Mushroom Hunting 5 times listening to the burned CDs I have of the Bebop OSTs?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #619]

Oct 7, 2011 - 05:46 PM
In other news
I'm pretty sure nobody has ever actually been to Cracked.com's front page.

Everyone is linked in, then follows internal links around.

The ad on this page is for ChristianMingle.com

I'm amused at the fact that, despite personal beliefs, I could never use such a site were I single.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #618]

Oct 6, 2011 - 03:53 PM
Steve Jobs
Created Mac.

Didn't do much else that other companies hadn't been doing for years before he did. Well besides that whole "dumbing shit down for the masses" thing. iTunes.

Fuck iTunes.

Maybe now someone who's more level-headed will allow Flash to run on non-Mac Apple products.

Bitching here because I'll be called an insensitive bastard on Facebook. I mean, yes, it sucks that he died. But can't we agree that he's not the "visionary" everyone is making him out to be? I mean, how many generations of iPhones were there before they were doing things that Blackberry had been doing since they came around?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (15 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #617]

Oct 2, 2011 - 03:33 PM
wvlf chimes in Re: Spiderman
Fuck the reboot. Maybe if we all ignore it, it won't make any money, and the studio will let Raimi have the franchise back. I mean, yes, it's being written by Zodiac guy, and I know he's written some of the comics, but still. Zodiac is different than Spiderman, and comics are different than movies. I want this to GO AWAY.

Cue agreements from random people in 5, 4, 3...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #616]

Sep 26, 2011 - 02:56 PM
SEEMS THAT WAY
SEEMS THAT WAY

Currently Playing: SEEMS THAT WAY

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #615]

Sep 23, 2011 - 03:37 PM
Objectivity vs. Subjectivity
I wanted to say this somewhere since Mersenne made me think of this, rather than derailing the Gaga Fugue thread any further:

Music, TV shows, games, movies, books: none of these things are easily qualified objectively, and a lot of times, someone claiming objectivity about something is highly influenced by their subjective understanding of something. I've been thinking about this a lot recently, mostly because I'm trying to remember if kids tv shows were actually any better when I was a kid than they are now, or if I was just eating the crap that was being shoveled in as much as the kids do nowadays.

But that's not the point. Here is an example of Objectivity vs. Subjectivity.

Objectively, Jem is a pretty bad show. It reeks of consumerism, sexism, and poor taste.

Subjectively, Jem is a fucking fantastic 80's nostalgia blast, down to the clothes, music, animation style, fucking all of it. I can't help myself, but I like the show as much now as when it was first on.

There you go.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #614]

Sep 13, 2011 - 09:30 AM
Fantasia on a Sample in Two Movements (Op. 1)
OK, so I swear some of you will think I'm trolling, but this is completely serious: a couple of years back, I made what I called a "spam-mix" by looping and fucking with a sample for 9 minutes of music. I've recently started listening to it again, and I realized something: this is ultraminimalism, in the way of Reich's early sound experiments. I don't claim this to be as important as "It's Gonna Rain", but I do want to let y'all know that I made this before I actually knew about that song.

As such, I rechristened the piece "Fantasia on a Sample" with movement divisions, put my actual name as the artist (rather than my username), and labeled it my Op. 1.

When listening to it (repeatedly; I'm crazy), you can notice interesting beat patterns forming from the way the off-set samples interact, as well as the chords created by the samples being pitch-shifted and manipulated. I honestly love when the "choir" comes in towards the end of the first movement: as the stacked/pitch-shifted samples play simultaneously, we have the same chord progression occurring in different keys and it just gives me goosebumps. Again, I'm crazy, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I've since lost the Acid file I made into the song, so I can't really say off-hand what I had the pitch offsets at for any of the parts.

So now that I'm done explaining my thought process for dubbing what was a joke track into a "classical" piece of music, I present, for your pleasure(?), "Fantasia on a Sample (Op. 1)" for Sample and Asynchronous Drum Loop (I. Theme. / II. Variation and Coda). With apologies to Gloria Gaynor and Steve Reich.

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #613]

Sep 9, 2011 - 02:48 PM
Ideas for arrangements/compositions (mostly for my own remembering)
1. Piece built on a single chord that grows and wanes according to a division of time via the golden mean. For organ or sampled trombone.

2. Mentioned way back, my noise-drone-minimalist piece entitled "Untropy." 3 Movements, each with a different method of exploring the idea of entropy. For guitar, bass, percussion, computer and voice; or string ensemble.

3. Piece built on rotations of the Elektra chord. For solo distorted guitar.

4. Arrangement of "Tubular Bells," stripped down to repeated chords and melody snippets. For overdubbed guitar. Possibly somewhere in the 20 minute range.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #612]

Sep 8, 2011 - 07:24 PM
Getting It (A Venn Diagram)

Currently Playing: LeHah: "I Don't Get It"

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #611]

Sep 8, 2011 - 01:44 PM
ADD as a metaphor for (or way of accessing) alternate universes on the quantum level
Most of you don't know this, but I have ADHD. I'm fixing to talk about a very specific portion of the disorder; I'm not going to include hyperfocus/impulsivity and such.

Basically, if you've got AD(H)D, or know someone who does, I'm sure you've run into the problem where you either swear up and down that you've had ENTIRE CONVERSATIONS with someone that the non-ADD person does not remember at all, as well as even simple questions/answers/statements; this also applies in reverse.

Well (and this is a sign that I think too much), what if it's the only aspect of the disorder that isn't as a result of various brain activities? What if it's that the person with ADD is visiting several EXTREMELY CLOSE alternate realities on a near daily basis: ones where certain conversations occur, and those where they don't. I'm not saying that it's so much "change the world" level conversations, though, more just "relationship" level conversations.

There's a soft-sci-fi story in there somewhere, I just don't have the skill to write it.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #610]

Aug 31, 2011 - 03:41 PM
Shooting balls into Taylor Swift's mouth
*balls*
So I have a 3DS.

Face Raiders is more fun than it should be.

Next picture? Mr. Bucket.

Currently Playing: *strange laugh sound effect*

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #609]

Aug 26, 2011 - 05:18 PM
"The Muppets" - The Green Album: A Review
Except for Sondre Leche's version of "Mr. Bassman" and Andrew Bird's version of "Bein' Green," the album ranges from "meh" to "fuck you Weezer and OK Go."

The two songs I called out are fucking fantastic, especially Andrew Bird's track. Avoid the rest if you can.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #608]

Aug 21, 2011 - 02:50 PM
Addendum to crazy idea:
There should be TV shows. Newscasts. Hell, one of the characters should sit down to watch TV before getting a phone call, and everything that is on is empty sets. Or there's like, the Saved By the Bell intro, but without texts or seeing any of the characters. Also without any sound.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #607]

Aug 19, 2011 - 03:04 PM
Crazy film idea
I want to see a romantic comedy with NO extras. By this, I don't mean that the movie should take place in a small, secluded place, where the only people one would expect to see are the major and minor characters.

I want this to take place in an empty New York, or similar city. There is no implied apocalypse, making our characters the only people left. We just simply see NOTHING in the way of extraneous background people. Hell, in the inevitable "scene at a bar" I don't even want a bartender. I want their drinks to just be there. The characters should make no mention to the fact that there's nobody else around; indeed, they should actually behave as if people ARE there.

Simply put: movie without Zefirellian background noise.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #606]

Aug 12, 2011 - 10:28 AM
wvlf weighs in: Bayonetta and Rufus Wainwright's Songs for Lulu
:faggot:
Having finished my second Bayonetta playthrough (lol late to the party as always), I have a few comments:

1) I think it's hilarious that people were offended by the game. There are a few parts that come CLOSE to crossing the line twice, but here's my deal: she's a drag queen. Who happens to be biologically female. And have CLAMP-ish proportions. Think about it: she (and by extrapolation, much of the game) is an amped-up version of female sexuality as created by men (yes, I know the concept art was mostly made by a woman, but stay with me here), she makes horrible puns and tells sex-related jokes, she's a crazy flirt, her "clothing" is totally drag-tastic, she's somewhat realistically proportioned as far as titties go (and the game only Gainaxes the Joys, so), she's in love with a song from the 50s, and she kicks MAJOR ass. Yes, that last thing is appropriate, seeing as how it was the drag queens beating up the cops that touched off the Stonewall riots (do your homework if you don't know what those are), and, honestly, angry drag queens are SCARY. Still. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not offended BECAUSE the damn game is so Beyond the Impossible in terms of, well, everything, she fits right in. Plus I've seen it all before (not a whole lot, but you don't have to go to more than one drag show and see some stuff on TV to know what's going on).

2) The game is hard, but not cheap (unlike SOME other game that I'm not going to mention but I will link to its wikipedia page). I know I'm saying that only going on having been through the game on Normal, but still. Every time I died, it was because I was not paying attention to what was going on around me. Hell, I'm chalking the MULTIPLE failures at some of the Alfheims up to that, too. Case in point: the black hole Jubileus creates. Every time I died to that, it's because I panicked and turned into the Crow as opposed to the Panther. Would've ended up with either a Gold rating for the epilogue without the deaths, too (maybe Platinum, seeing as how I PP'd all but one of the credits Verses and I got Platinum on Jubileus herself). Granted, I think some of the lack of cheapness on the part of the game is that Bayonetta herself is very cheap, especially if you spam PP.P Kilgore whenever you can. That's how I managed to get the fastest time out of all of you on my friends list on Chapter IV. That's right: I beat Skills at a video game. Up next: getting horrible Chapter rankings in a quest to get under 3 hours. Also, I only Very Easy'd to get that stupid cheevo in the Space Harrier stage.

So yeah. That's me gushing about loving the damn game.

And my second thing:

Rufus Wainwright's All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu is sumptuous. I fucking love it and it is gorgeous. I don't wholly agree with the people who call it Lied if only because the music isn't German enough. It's more Lied as viewed through the eyes of Broadway musicals of the 30s and 40s. That is quite possibly the gayest sentence I have ever written. Appropriate though. The album is pop art song. It's just. It's just wow. And besides being an album of grief, it's about fucking LULU. Again, do yourself a favor, and watch Berg's opera. Holy shit.

This is probably the best opening song on a "pop" album that I've heard:

YouTube Video

And now, even though it's not from the album, also this:

YouTube Video

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #605]

Jul 27, 2011 - 05:27 PM
2 ALBUMS FOR SOME, ONE ALBUM FOR ALL!
(a.k.a. "How much do you trust wvlf's taste in music?")

First: an album for the smallest number of you:

Giant Claw - Eraser's Fantasy

This is a massive prog-ish chip thing that was released on || last year that I've only recently been able to appreciate its complete fabulousness. It's loud, it's cohesive, and it's ... well, it's just absolutely great. Really. I can't recommend this harder. At the same time, I know most folks won't like it, so here's a caveat: it's clipped to hell. I can't tell if it's intentional or not, either. Still, this fact doesn't put me off of trying to get folks to listen to it.

Go download it for free from ||

Second: an album for everyone, but you might not go for it just because:

The Bran Flakes - I Have Hands

This is sample based music at its most insane, crazyhappy finest. The album is simply fun. I can't really explain what it is about these guys, but they make me happy. If you don't believe me, here's a video: CLICK. The album is available on Illegal Art's "Pay What You Want" shop, so it is also available for free (just put 0) in the payment slot when you choose the download:

You have to scroll to the album picture in the little thingy at the bottom, and when you click it, it should automatically be added to your shopping cart.

And finally, for everyone, no hold barred:

Sesame Road

It's Sesame Street music. Specifically, songs that sound like/are parodies of popular songs. You need it.

You get it here

Also, because I don't want to commit thread necromancy, I've finally uploaded my 2010 Mix CD (just in time for me to be almost done with my 2011 cd, I just have to do the hourlong burn prep process). It's available in seamless single mp3 and separate track formats in the rar file here: CLICK HERE DAMMIT

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #604]

Jun 26, 2011 - 03:14 PM
He rises out of the ocean to wreak havoc!
He has slumbered long aeons to rise and spread terror! He finds the weakest people around and beats them up to feel better about his massively muscled self. He has the face of an octopus. He kicks sand into the eyes of children and destroys their sandcastles. He is...

JERKTHULU!

Along with his girlfriend, Bimb-oggerath, the Goat of 1000 Bleached Roots, he terrorizes the coastlines this summer!

THIS SUMMER!

Iä!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #603]

Jun 22, 2011 - 10:19 PM
Deconstruction + Ghost:
Holy shit.

My metal boner.

It will not go away.

It will not go away.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #602]

Jun 17, 2011 - 06:46 PM
Arvo Pärt's music really lends itself to Shenkerian analysis
I'm such a fucking dork.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #601]

Jun 6, 2011 - 05:59 PM
HE RETURNS

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #600]

Jun 5, 2011 - 02:57 PM
Gigantic Avatar question:
So, how long until someone gets an overly large avatar of

BRIAN BLESSED

with title and sig to match?

Currently Playing: CHISWICK! FRESH HORSE!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #599]

May 26, 2011 - 10:36 PM
IDEA!!!:
Stop calling them sporks! CALL THEM SPORNS AND/OR FOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111 holy shit holy shit

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #598]

May 22, 2011 - 01:33 PM
The reports of my rapture are greatly exaggerated
Whee MOTHERFUCKER BLEEP!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #597]

Apr 10, 2011 - 03:29 PM
Two "Parla Americano" mashups for digestion
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #596]

Mar 17, 2011 - 06:23 PM
Star Wars and mythology question
What aspect of Loki is Luke supposed to be? I mean, you don't name someone Luke Skywalker without intending the connection to be made.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #595]

Mar 3, 2011 - 10:11 PM
Cat picture

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #594]

Feb 25, 2011 - 05:29 PM
Let's not kill Ke$ha
Let's just kill Dr. Luke. Then she won't have any music to "sing" over, and neither will 3/4 of the artists currently enjoying pop success.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #593]

Feb 18, 2011 - 07:23 PM
Is this Marxist?
You know how the most religious people in the country are some of the most patriotic?

Yeah, just saying.

Also, what's with atheists who are just as zealous in their anti-religious preaching as their religious counterparts are for whatever deity that they believe in? Yeah.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #592]

Feb 8, 2011 - 11:11 PM
I dreamed a dream of times gone by........

Yeah, I got nothing.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #591]

Feb 4, 2011 - 06:15 PM
Pandora recommendation of one of the best assembled noise tracks I've ever heard
So. I've been listening to Pandora at work, because I don't have headphones that work with my mp3 player. One day, on a whim, I created a La Monte Young station (one of Cage's contemporaries, the godfather of drone (he wrote a piece consisting of an open fifth and the direction "to be held for a long time")). They don't have any of his music, but what came up was a bunch of really nice ambient/noise/early electronic (a lot of Brian Eno, some Popol Vuh (very nice and I must hear moar), a Throbbing Gristle track and the like). What really caught my ear was a song by David Tudor (another Cage contemporary and the pianist who premiered 4'33"): Rainforest, Version 1.

Holy shit. I don't know how long the track is, but holy shit. Really early noise music made by a classical musician, and it's intended to be danced to. It's amazing and very well put together. I haven't been able to find a copy of it yet (must get a physical copy of the cd NOW HOLY SHIT), but if you're interested, fire up your Pandora, and it should play fairly early on a La Monte Young station if you can't get it to go straight to the song. Plus there's all the other fabulousness there.

Holy shit. Also, it's too long for SAUS, so those of you with a lower tolerance for such things, don't worry.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #590]

Jan 28, 2011 - 11:42 PM
Precious Bodily Fluids

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #589]

Jan 13, 2011 - 06:15 PM
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - A Review
The best I can say for one of the best reviewed albums of 2010 is this: it's not awful. That said, it's also not that good either. There are a few fantastic tracks (Monster and Lost in the World are pretty much it, although Blame Game comes close), and some other decent ones, and then crap. Monster is fabulous, but it's mostly because Kanye broke rule #1 of featured guests on rap albums: if you're established, don't feature people who are more talented than you. Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj make the song so much more than Kanye does (I mean, when Jay-Z says "I'm a motherfuckin' monster", you believe it.)

Devil in a New Dress is a fucking mess, and not in a good way. The worst thing about this song is that the instrumental is fucking fantastic, and in the hands of a better emcee, the song would be absolutely epic. As it is, it's sloppy and boring. Gorgeous sucks donkey balls. And Power... Power is no "prog-rock epic." Just because you sample the song that created prog-rock epics doesn't make your song epic.

So yeah. Keep in mind that my tastes for rap tend toward the geeky and old-school DJ/MC 80's culture. Oh, and Big Boi. Speakerboxxx is such a fantastic rap album I just don't get how people think this album is so amazing.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #588]

Jan 6, 2011 - 03:43 PM
Addendum to best albums
Mike Patton's Mondo Cane has been this year's "holy shit guys you need to hear this shit" album. For people I know in real life.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #587]

Jan 2, 2011 - 04:16 PM
Compiling "Best Albums" lists is hard
Because most of the stuff that I hear for the first time in any given year is generally released at some point in a previous year. I was close to talking about Shrinebuilder because I enjoyed that crunchy shit so much, but, lo and behold, it's released in 2009.

So as far as albums that I heard that were actually released this year, here's a short list of my favorites in no particular order (and please notice where a lot of these things are from, too):

Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
Completely fucking different from his earlier albums, with all sorts of silly electronic stuff, and the fantastic "Impossible Soul." Expect to see "I Want to Be Well" on SAUS this year.

Pretty much everything released by Pause this year has been great, especially if you enjoy any sort of chippage. Standouts to me have been Peer's Dances (a collection of dance-ish tunes on altered Game Boy synths), Norrin_Radd's Anomaly (which those of you who have been paying attention have heard about already, since I've already gushed about it in various places, and then Sprout went and shared it to "normal" people on facebook. Not long before I did. This is probably my favorite album of the year OF THE YEAR.), Spiny Norman's Across the milky tracks (melodic chippy fun and a nice green cover), Disasterpeace's Midnight Orphans (laid-back enhanced chiptune goodness, and probably will be represented in my SAUS noms as well), and sadnes's Fill my head (90's throwback rock with chippy roots. This one'll probably get its own entry, honestly. I enjoy it that much.) So yeah. Pause is about the only place I've regularly checked for new music and have pretty much been ravenous about listening to each album (well, the free ones. Actual money goes to other things.)

And finally, the best album released this year:

Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

With My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Kanye West made music as sprawlingly messy as his life. When he wasn't feuding with Matt Lauer or bugging out on Twitter, Kanye was building hip-hop epics, songs full of the kind of grandiose gestures that only the foolish attempt and only the wildly talented pull off. The more he piled on — string sections, Elton John piano solos, vocoder freakouts, Bon Iver cameos, King Crimson and Rick James samples — the better the music got. Never has Kanye rhymed so hilariously ("Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh?/I put the pussy in a sarcophagus") or been so insightful about his relationship-torpedoing faults. From the bracing prog-rock of "Power" to the spooky grandeur of "Runaway" to the shape-shifting "Hell of a Life," he made all other music seem dimmer and duller. Is the album dark? Sure. Twisted? Of course. But above all, it's beautiful. Kanye's cock tastes great.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #586]

Nov 21, 2010 - 02:55 PM
Deadly Premonition
Despite some awful mechanics, the game is FUCKING AWESOME. Why have none of you other fuckers played it yet?

LeHah, I'm looking at you. I think you'd enjoy it on the level I did the easiest out of everyone here.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #585]

Nov 14, 2010 - 08:21 PM
Americans:
STOP DRIVING WITH FOG LAMPS ON WHEN IT'S NOT FOGGY.

YOUR JEEP IS BLINDING ME.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #584]

Oct 21, 2010 - 10:02 PM
BONG!
BONG!

BONG!

BONG!

Currently Playing: Loud Bells!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #583]

Oct 17, 2010 - 08:11 PM
WTF Cavia
So apparently there are now two canon endings in Drakengard... the regular one and the WTF New York one...

Which means that now I actually want to play NieR, instead of it just being a game with a fantastic soundtrack that I was never going to play.

Currently Playing: Float On on an On* commercial (On* to find the clit)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #582]

Oct 9, 2010 - 01:21 PM
Deadly Premonition (First impressions)
So I'm shooting Juggalos.

This is p. cool.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #581]

Oct 6, 2010 - 08:18 PM
Protip 4:
On the second disc, you can get one of the best swords at that time if you complete the "Sun King's duplicate" side-quest in a particular manner. You need to have Gesh in your party when you fight Gnik Nus (the evil version of the Sun King). When you get his HP down to about half, instead of switching to his second-half AI, he'll have a speech and turn into the Gnik Hsifnus, a rotting zombie-thing. This fight is difficult because the mere sight of Hsifnus will turn Gesh into a gibbering mess, and he'll be unavailable for use. You need to make sure that your other two party members are up to the task. We recommend using David and Absalom, as David at this point is your best all-around buffer/healer, and Absalom is one of your better fighters (and he has the great I HIT YOU skill). This is also recommended because (spoiler alert) when David hears on disc three that Absolam was slain in the battle against Fifi, he will go into seclusion. The more time you have David and Absalom as your only active party members (and this counts) the longer he will spend in seclusion. With more time away, the odds are better that he'll have gotten his unique class-change. He won't get as much experience, but trust us when we say you won't care. Just make sure you keep the rest of your party leveled as this time has some very difficult tasks and losing your best-leveled character could be bad.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #580]

Sep 21, 2010 - 11:44 AM
Protip 3:
Not so much a protip but a "stop wasting your time" tip: the developers ran out of time to include the sidequest where you resurrect Virgit, who is necessary in order to begin the sidequest in the Temple of Lost, but didn't dummy out all clues in the game as to how to get into the Temple. The entirety of the Temple is sitting on the disc without any way to unlock it. Using any cheat codes to bring Virgit back to life doesn't remove the flags to actually begin the quest.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #579]

Sep 18, 2010 - 08:19 PM
Protip:
When entering the Villiage of Harftrop the first time, make note of how many flarpy birds are on the roof of the Inn. This will be an important piece of information at the end of the second disc.

Protip 2: Abigail will only join your party after you find the Ring of Lost Hope and Cookies. You will find this item only if you have Ruul in your active party during the "I can't believe it" event.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #578]

Sep 12, 2010 - 10:13 PM
Rock Band this week is awesome.
Dude. You can get Holy Diver.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #577]

Sep 12, 2010 - 01:29 PM
I am a bad American
I forgot. :sad face:

Currently Playing: Why is there a Scientology ad.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #576]

Sep 3, 2010 - 10:13 PM
Dear Gamingforce:
Response to: Dear Nintendo: Re: Grandmaster Galaxy Comet Star by wvlfpvp

I still haven't beaten it. What was once a completely joyous gaming experience has become a repetitive/annoying slog to get the last star. Having to go through the entire stage every single time I get electrocuted on that one part with the red-blue flippy platforms or get hit in the back of the head by a hammer because Mario just won't spin for some fucking reason is incredibly annoying, especially considering that the stage designers decided to add a bunch of shit to the first section of the stage that up the difficulty 10-fold (annoying flying enemies liek wut and way more fucking mines).

Seriously. Fuck you. This is seriously the only thing that's a good bit harder than the hardest stuff in Galaxy 1. It's like the world's most annoying difficulty spike. The only thing that adding mid-point flags would have done would have been to cut down on the annoyance. I've spent at least an hour a day just trying to get this one star.

OH AND THE BEST PART? I WENT BACK TO THE FIRST ITERATION OF THE STAGE AND THEN, WHEN IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I GET HIT? OH YEAH I FINISH THE DAMN STAGE WITHOUT GETTING HIT.

FUCK.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #575]

Aug 28, 2010 - 05:35 PM
Dear Nintendo: Re: Grandmaster Galaxy Comet Star
FUCK YOU!!!

Response entries:
Dear Gamingforce: by wvlfpvp

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #574]

Aug 15, 2010 - 09:59 PM
youwantatoe
icangetyouatoe

Currently Playing: strangers in the alps

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #573]

Aug 14, 2010 - 06:33 PM
Tower of Heaven Soundtrack released!
ChZ's avvy sig makes me want to tell you about this:

http://music.flashygoodness.com/

Go buy it, it's a buck and it's higher quality than any of the .ogg rips out there. Even the transcoded 320 ones. You know, since transcoded 320 is worse than 128 in both quality and filesize.

Currently Playing: The Lonely Tower

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #572]

Aug 12, 2010 - 07:56 PM
Dear Nintendo:
Fuck you for making me do Luigi's Purple Coins in a new game, oh, but this time there's a timer AND fucking Cosmic Clones!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #570]

Aug 12, 2010 - 02:49 PM
What I think of doing with highway shoes, but haven't yet.
Response to: Thought for the day by Temari

Pick them up, glue them together.

Call it art.

Currently Playing: Squidbees.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #569]

Aug 9, 2010 - 02:31 PM
ECOLOGICAL TERROR: A True Story of Future History (by wvlfpvp)
IT IS THE YEAR 2050!

THE SCENE IS UPPER NEW YORK!

"Daddy, tell me about winter again, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!"

FOR WINTER DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE!

THIS IS A TRUE STORY UNLESS....

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #568]

Aug 3, 2010 - 04:48 PM
Horrible softcore porn that you should watch
"Cleavagefield"

You're welcome.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #567]

Jul 28, 2010 - 05:31 PM
Fully Functional

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #566]

Jul 23, 2010 - 08:44 AM
Dearest Pixar:
I am a 29-year-old man.

Stop making me cry at your movies.

Response entries:
DAMN IT by FatsDomino

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [14] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #565]

Jul 16, 2010 - 10:51 PM
"I Write Like" (a wvlf finds an interwebs toy! entry!)
I Write Like

Judging by my recent stories/longer entries, I most write like David Foster Wallace. Although one story reads like Dan Brown, and one entry reads like Stephen King.

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #564]

Jun 27, 2010 - 07:25 PM
have you had your chippy metal/prog today?
Norrin Radd's Anomaly came out a while ago. I've finally had a good chance to absorb what the hell's going on, and I just have to tell you:

You need to listen to this fucking album. It is metal as fuck when it wants to be, and is also nicely proggy. Just.

it's just wow.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #563]

Jun 26, 2010 - 12:04 AM
On a concept touched upon in The Invisibles that I mentioned before.
A while back. Apparently the idea of fixed language being the death of magic/having magic of their own was touched upon (actually the point of a five-issue storyline) by Rachael Pollack in her follow up run after Morrison left her Doom Patrol.

I like how I'm not the only person who thinks this way, even though there are pockets of civilization that still act in that manner.

Currently Playing: Shael Riley - Technomancy

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #562]

Jun 22, 2010 - 08:07 PM
DJ Hero 2
I am laughing at this because it comes with two turntables and a microphone.

I am also hurredly loading some Beck.

Currently Playing: Beck - Where It's At

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #561]

Jun 20, 2010 - 01:45 PM
In lieu of drama, know this:
Spider Jerusalem is fucking awesome.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #560]

Jun 13, 2010 - 06:57 PM
Dear annoying Hispanic soccer fan on the subway:
I don't know what kind of Hispanic you are (mostly because I don't feel like looking up your flag right now), but I know you were enjoying yourself in the very small enclosed space with your fucking whistle.

I thought it was going to be over when one of your friends had the common sense to pull your whistle out your mouth right after we got on, but no. You got offended and started BLOWING IT EVEN MORE.

FUCK YOU.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #559]

Jun 11, 2010 - 08:58 AM
Fuck ReplayGain and assholes who use it on every song.
I mean, Alice In Chains' "Dirt" really needs it.

Seeing as how the damn album came out in the middle of the loudness wars and all.

Is there any way to actually strip this bullshit from the files, because back when the best Doujin contest was going on, whoever was running it ran everything through MP3Gain, and I was supposed to be able to remove that info by running it back through the program. Didn't work.

So I'm looking for: A) a way to remove just the ReplayGain stuff in batch from my mp3s, as well as B) APEv2 tags from mp3s. I mean, I've bitched about this before, but someone I grabbed a discog from ran ANAL CUNT songs through mp3gain.

What the fucking hell.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #558]

Jun 10, 2010 - 01:19 PM
Dear authors of emulators of systems that are GBA and older:
Do not make the "normal" filter setting so it doesn't pixellate.

Fuck filters that round everything out and make it all painting-y.

I want my sprites to look CORRECT, thank you very much.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #557]

Jun 9, 2010 - 11:21 PM
Holy fuck I love Underworld (the house band not the shitty movie)
YouTube Video

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #556]

Jun 8, 2010 - 11:26 PM
PEW PEW MEW MEW

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #555]

Jun 6, 2010 - 11:56 PM
[wvlft00b] Miku Opera
YouTube Video

Fuck yeah.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #554]

Jun 5, 2010 - 08:50 AM
wvlf does "something" with his voice
Three somethings actually:

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #553]

Jun 4, 2010 - 11:16 PM
When life tosses you a Jeffrey,
RUB THE FURRY WALL

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #552]

Jun 2, 2010 - 06:58 PM
On meeting Sprout and Omagnus
You both sucked. God.

(I kid. Dinner was fun, and incredibly relaxing, given that I really haven't spent that much time with folks that I only know through internets before. All I want to know is if Dave fell asleep during the show following that fucking ginormous frozen martini.)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #551]

May 31, 2010 - 09:37 PM
Angels? (JACK CHICK AHOY)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #550]

May 29, 2010 - 08:11 AM
Birthday Skeleton

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [23] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #549]

May 28, 2010 - 01:12 PM
LYING THERE LIKE YOU'RE
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #548]

May 26, 2010 - 10:16 PM
SPACE GHOST MUSIC INSIDE
Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que

Space Ghost's Surf 'n' Turf

It's fucking Cartoon Planet, you bastids. Get 'em

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #547]

May 26, 2010 - 07:58 PM
What does wvlf think of Joanna Newsome's new album?
It's pretty fucking ace. A lot easier to get into than her last album, but then, possibly that's because I've actually listened to Ys. Expect MEC upload soon. Also some Space Ghost music.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #546]

May 18, 2010 - 05:43 PM
For Crash (and anyone else who cares):

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #545]

May 12, 2010 - 05:16 PM
Going to be in NYC for a month
What the title says. I'm going to be in NYC as part of the Manhattan School of Music's Summer Voice Institute from May 27-June 27.

I will also be very poor. Hopefully I will be able to afford visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art (cuz it's free), but holy crap this thing is expensive.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #544]

May 10, 2010 - 02:28 PM
City Island (2010) (wvlf's review)
Go see it, you fucking plebes.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #543]

Apr 21, 2010 - 03:16 PM
The crayons...
taste like purple!

Currently Playing: JUST LIKE YOU

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #542]

Apr 15, 2010 - 10:10 AM
Pete Steele is dead. What?
I dunno, I always enjoyed Type O Negative, at least because there always seemed to be a darkly humorous/silly side that acknowledged the absolute idiocy of much of the fanbase the band catered to (gothlol).

So it kinda sucks that Pete's dead. No more fun bass gothadelic.

Sucks.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #541]

Apr 12, 2010 - 05:38 PM
Two Youtubes: (one cross-posted from the thread)
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #540]

Apr 3, 2010 - 05:54 PM
Why is Fred Durst in this movie I'm watching?
Also important:

Why am I watching a movie with Fred Durst in it?

Currently Playing: Awful horror films

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #539]

Apr 2, 2010 - 10:50 PM
The Beatles in Mono ...
Holy god, the packaging is fucking beautiful.

I mean, I'm not sharing this anyway, because you can find it elsewhere faster and you really should buy it because holy god, the packaging.

It's reproduced LP covers. Down to those little paper sleeves that cover the disc.

It's just.

Oh, and did I mention it's in MONO? It's how the earlier albums are SUPPOSED to sound.

Holy shit.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #538]

Mar 27, 2010 - 03:08 PM
Hey forums: (wvlf sings!)
I had a recital a couple of weeks back.

Here's the recording.

I'll probably make a thread. The .doc file in the folder is my program notes.

LISTEN ENJOY.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #537]

Mar 26, 2010 - 08:19 AM
So #gamemp3s released the Resonance of Fate OST
I predict at least 5 Sakuraba songs from it in the next BSC.

None of them will work outside of the context of the game, but at least 10 people will talk about how good Motoi always is, even when (with a few rare exceptions (Mario Sports games, and when he's limited to 4 channels of sound... oh and Baten Kaitos and the VP2 ost) it's just not any good to listen to when you're not actually playing the game.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #536]

Mar 25, 2010 - 05:09 PM
I just weighed myself
I am 155.5 pounds. I like that number with all those fives it's fun to say.

But then... if I hit 166.6 pounds, you can turn those numbers upside down and turn everything around and something and suddenly 1999 is the year of the apocalypse.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #535]

Mar 22, 2010 - 05:29 PM
Why You Should Buy Art

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #534]

Mar 18, 2010 - 10:30 AM
Saikano...

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #533]

Mar 12, 2010 - 11:29 AM
Holy god (manga pic entry)

Currently Playing: Shoji Meguro - New Days

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #532]

Mar 6, 2010 - 03:46 PM
Where Is My Badge? - Clapton + Daltrey
Holy fuck, so Clapton's pretty much totally embraced the bluesman thing and it's fucking amazing. He doesn't talk much between songs, so his 90 minute set was pretty much 90 minutes of music (and at least 2/3 of THAT was soloing of one sort or another: it's him and two separate keyboardists).

Oh, and he played Badge which is pretty much my favorite thing that he's ever been associated with and he also played Cocaine which made me go WTF cuz I figured I'd never hear it live.

And Roger Daltrey was pretty good too.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #530]

Mar 5, 2010 - 09:45 AM
Jem is excitement!
Jem is adventure!

Currently Playing: Truly truly truly outrageous!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #529]

Mar 4, 2010 - 09:39 AM
I know this song is a couple of weeks late, but
Right-click, save as

I am cynical.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #528]

Mar 1, 2010 - 05:28 PM
What Alex Kidd song does wvlf want to nominate for the BSC?
This one

(in all seriousness though, I'm enamored of Rookietown SO MUCH, expect it.)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #527]

Feb 24, 2010 - 10:36 PM
Minimalist Movie Posters
I've been looking at Curved White today (really neat picture blog thing, I've already got it RSS'd in Firetruck), and I saw these things.

They're great.

The Back to the Future set is particularly pleasing.

(the other two follow the same scheme)

See all of them here

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #526]

Feb 23, 2010 - 10:29 PM
Why don't you have Earthbound Font Pack luzers?
You should have the Earthbound Font Pack.

You should get it from here

BOING

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #525]

Feb 22, 2010 - 09:58 PM
LET'S GET RID OF THE HIVVY UP IN THIS BITCH
LEARN MORE HERE

don't even know if that's a real URL

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #524]

Feb 20, 2010 - 10:08 PM
SAUS toss-outs
This is Chiptot's "Take on Lover." The song would be much better if it stayed the cover of "Take on Me" the whole time instead of going on to "Wannabe" but yeah. SO I replaced it.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #523]

Feb 14, 2010 - 10:35 PM
HEY OLYMPICS
ASS TO ASS

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #522]

Feb 11, 2010 - 09:48 AM
Yesterday, in the music building's auditorium:
I heard some guy wanking on his saxophone while strange synth things were going on.

I wanted to walk into the room and shout at him to play some Zorn covers.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #521]

Feb 9, 2010 - 10:31 PM
SPRITERS: VVVVVV question
Has anyone made sprites from the game yet?

If not, can someone turn this:

into a sprite suitable for avatar use?

Response entries:
Time to show off for no reason by value tart

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #520]

Feb 2, 2010 - 11:04 AM
My SAUS nominations (a reminder for wvlf post)
1. Yes - Roundabout
3. New Radicals - I Hope I Didn't Just Give Away the Ending
10. Jamiroquai - Alright
5. Shnabubula - Feeling RIGHT
7. Pizzicato 5 - Good
4. That one weird cover of "You Are Smart" off the Katamari Tribute album that won't do any good in the BSC despite being awesome.
8. Hellsongs - Run to the Hills
2. Wing - Chiquitita
6. David Bowie - Magic Dance
9. Chiptots - Take on Lover

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #519]

Jan 25, 2010 - 03:58 PM
BSC Reminder:
Nominate ToeJam Jammin'.

Because fuck yeah.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #518]

Jan 23, 2010 - 06:00 PM
Junji Ito is one fucked up man...
and Tomie is what the hell.

What the hell.

He needs to make moar.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #517]

Jan 13, 2010 - 04:08 PM
Hellsongs - War Pigs
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Download Link

Fuck yeah. This is off their new EP, Pieces of Heaven, a Glimpse of Hell. Fucking incredible Swedish group doing acoustic/folk covers of metal tunes. If you want, they've got it for sale on their myspace in 320kbps.

Currently Playing: Hellsongs - Jump

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #516]

Jan 11, 2010 - 06:03 PM
HAPPY PALINDROME DAY
01-11-10

EXCEPT WHEN YOU LIVE IN EUROPE WHERE THEY PUT THE NUMBERS WRONG.

HAPPY PALINDROME

Currently Playing: Satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #515]

Jan 10, 2010 - 10:50 PM
God dammit, Pang.
I am now picturing all of your posts as read by "dude from the scary stories books pictures" and it's fucking terrifying.

Fucking terrifying

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #514]

Jan 6, 2010 - 04:33 PM
Cursed Mountain (Wii) (2009)
So, I finished this game last night, and I've gotta say... if you own a Wii, you could do worse than picking it up, especially if you enjoy horror games. Incredibly atmospheric (you're climbing a damn MOUNTAIN for fuck's sake; in the final sections of the game, I was actually creeped out enough that it effected my breathing), and it's got really good graphics for a Wii game (draw distance, when you're not using your third eye (more on that in a minute) is very impressive; most reviews mention the fact that you can generally see down the mountain to the town you left in the previous section). The art style of the cutscenes is also really neat: they're motion comics, and generally pulled off very well. Voice acting is generally good, especially the main character. Oh, and back to the draw distance: the game also does a fantastic job of completely making it impossible to see without resorting to darkness (at least half the game occurs in daylight) (there's a segment towards the end that was holy god.)

The game is also heavily influenced by Buddhism, both in story and gameplay elements. You can banish ghosts rather than destroying them through "compassion rituals" (read: waggle), which has the added bonus of restoring health. This gets tedious, but it's generally worth it, as without it it's a little harder to survive the (occasionally ridiculous) encounters. The gameplay is VERY slowly paced (even if you run, his movement speed is still slow compared to most games), but, again, this seems in keeping with the very meditative and inward story the game has. Most stuff seems to have this lumped in with "survival horror," but it lacks some of the hallmarks of the genre (limited health (the previously mentioned health from banishment, and the ability to heal at specific points, and I still had 15 healing items left by the end of the game), and limited ammo (all weapons are spiritual and have a short recharge time)), so I figure it's more appropriate to just call it a horror game. Still. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's kinda short (maybe 10-15 hours of playtime, with no extras unlocked upon beating it (just one ending, which is, by the way, appropriate)), but it's still really just a nice game. Oh, I might add that there is a fair amount of waggle added in the game, but I get the feeling the majority of it is included to introduce an element of physical exhaustion in the player; there's a meditation segment where the Wiimote essentially becomes one of those spinning prayer wheels that hurt the hell out of my arm.

I recommend it, if you can get by the caveats that the fights occasionally get tedious (but I guess there's a point to that) and the slow gameplay (again, a point to that as well). Keep in mind that you need to be really deliberate in the push gesture with the Nunchuck and that you should probably turn up the brightness in-game unless you like not being able to see things (Condemned 2, Silent Hill Homecoming, I'm looking at you). Just give it a try.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #513]

Jan 4, 2010 - 04:29 PM
Flag poll
I was going to make this a thread, but decided against it:

How many Americans here on teh forams actually say that they're in the US (and therefore have the US flag on the little pulldown menu)?

I know I don't. I'm apparently in Netherlands Antilles.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #512]

Jan 2, 2010 - 10:50 PM
Persona (hiimdaisy)

(from here)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #511]

Dec 26, 2009 - 11:10 PM
MISSION START!
FIND A DILDO FOR PAINE!

FIND A GAG FOR RIKKU!

FIND A SPHERE THAT DOESN'T REALLY SHOW ANYTHING BUT STATIC!

GO!

*organ*

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #510]

Dec 24, 2009 - 10:29 PM
Christmas/Christianity (yes, it's one of "those" entries)
OK, so. I've been thinking (as a Christian who's not a total fuckjob is wont to do) about the nature of Christmas.

It's horribly horribly fucked up.

Horribly. I mean, here we are celebrating the birth of someone who was essentially sent to be a human fucking sacrifice. What the hell is up with that?

Still, I have to say this:
Its essential fucked-up nature is the source of its beauty.

Merry Christmas.

Much love.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #509]

Dec 21, 2009 - 02:07 PM
For those of you who don't read spamthread &/or my Facebook:

MURRAY CRIMBO

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #508]

Dec 20, 2009 - 10:10 PM
HEY PEOPLE:
I'm in Des Moines. There is more snow here than in Memphis. I'm totally auditioning for DMMO tomorrow.

LUCK!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #507]

Dec 17, 2009 - 05:39 PM
The Memphis Commercial Appeal is AWESOME.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #506]

Dec 14, 2009 - 06:21 PM
Holiday Music, 2 of 2: Doctor Octoroc - 8-Bit Jesus

OK, so this is Christmas music reinterpreted in various classic 8-bit styles. Lots of classic NES tunes mixed with Christmassy fun. I would be posting a link to Octoroc's site, but it looks like he's taken down the free full version of the album, instead leaving up the 9-track teaser (that has a few different versions of tunes). He's also busy working on an album that's all 80's TV shows in 8-bit. Do want.

GET THE ALBUM HERE

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #505]

Dec 12, 2009 - 04:53 PM
This Is The Only Level (PLAY IT)
PLAY IT

My stats: 24 deaths, 8 minutes

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #504]

Dec 11, 2009 - 11:13 AM
Holiday Music (1 of 2) - Menorah Mashups
As it is Chanukkah, I feel I should bring to your attention a certain mash-up album:

It's another djbc compilation (much like the Muppet Mash-Up album I linked to a while back), so it's got some decent quality stuff, although I haven't had a chance to hear all of this, although a portion of it has been released before (or in alternate mixes).

GO GET IT HERE, YA SCHMUCK

... the house of Klezmer is FANTASTIC

Currently Playing: FAROFF - House of Klezmer

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #503]

Dec 9, 2009 - 06:16 PM
IS THIS TOY:::

IS IT PEDOBEAR?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #502]

Dec 2, 2009 - 05:43 PM
the collector - part 3 of a series of 13
Response to: you know what you are? - part 2 of a series of 13 by wvlfpvp

Hello. Won't you please come in? Please excuse the clutter; I like to collect things... but you know that already, don't you? You've come to negotiate a trade, and you've heard that I collect things like you do. I won't ask who you heard it from, as I have the utmost discretion. You can rest assured that no one will konw that you came to see me.

Have a drink. It would be remiss of me not to offer. I'd have one myself, but, as you can see, I was in the middle of creating a display when you came. I can be such a pig when I'm working.

Oh, you'd like to see my new work? Swallow all of your drink, and I'll take you. I don't eat or drink in my rooms. It might spill and mess up my tableaux.

Are you finished? Good. Not a drop left. Now, if you'll follow me.... You'll notice that most of my house is kept at a nice 72 degrees. I have two "special" work rooms, one cold and one hot. We're going to the hot room tonight, although, if you'd like to see it, the cold room is the one to your right behind the metal door.

Notice the sculpture just inside? Yes, the one wrapped in the net; that was what I used to drag it around... I feel that imbued the piece with certain feelings before I closed it in the room to set.

That buzzing you hear is the swarm of flies that is an integral part of my new display; I'm sure you've had similar sounds with your own collection, although probably not on such a grand scale.

This is the door to my hot room. I keep it warm through a combination of radiant heating in the walls and floors and heat lamps in the ceiling. This keeps the room at around 95 degrees, although I can manipulate the controls to make it slightly warmer or colder. I'm opening the door now. Mind the smell.

Isn't it amazing that I was able to fit as many works-in-progress into this one room? All that flesh... God, it's beautiful. Stop gagging, this is what you came to see, isn't it? I put them in the hot room to keep them alive longer and to accelerate their decay once they have died. I mold their bodies and organs into the shapes I want and let nature take its course. There are thirty bodies shoved in there right now, and four of them are still alive... I like to cover them with the entrails of their dead compatriates. Oh yes, I almost forgot... not all my subjects are worthy of inclusion in this display, but most can still make important contributions with their bodily fluids.

We'll need to step in; if you'll notice the path, that's where we'll be walking. If I recall correctly, you wanted to trade a young girl for the heart of a virgin male? Wipe that sweat off your brow, it's unbecoming. Is the girl out in your car? Good.

What's that? You need to leave the room? It's getting hard to breathe? Oh, that's not the fault of the air in here, aromatic as it may be, that's the poison you drank when you first got here. You're going to stay in here and become part of the display, although I'm afraid that you aren't worthy to suffer through the first phase... your filthy offer of a child is an insult to my art.

I'm afraid whoever told you to come see me was sorely mistaken. My work is very personal, and I don't fucking trade.

By my watch, you should have about five minutes of life left in you, so I'm going to leave you in here to think. There's a scared little girl who needs to go home.

Goodbye.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #501]

Nov 28, 2009 - 11:04 PM
For lurker
:immature:

<3

Currently Playing: Immature!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #500]

Nov 16, 2009 - 07:32 PM
you know what you are? - part 2 of a series of 13
Response to: all the love in the world - part 1 of a series of 13 by wvlfpvp

My skin has been bloodied forcing myself through the brambles. It hurts, but my mind feels clearer than it has in ages. I'm focused, even as I avoid a dead and rotting rabbit that has been staked down in a thicket.

I am coming to find you.

I am coming to free you, to change your station, even though I know that I'm completely full of shit thinking that you'll actually deign to consider my proposal. I don't think you even realize the effect you have on me. I don't think you realize how I see through your facade; it's cracking, much like the walls of your castle.

I believe in you, and you ignore me. I don't think you know my name. I don't think you fucking know yourself. I want to teach you. I've been preparing for this, staring at you as you sullenly glare out into the night. Your candle-lit skin... your hair... I've pleasured myself nightly hiding in the trees twenty feet from your window.

Tonight, I am coming. I will scale the wall and take you in my bloody hands and try to make you see that going back with me is where you belong.

I will have you.

Currently Playing: Ghost64 - ULTIMATE GOONIES REMIX

Response entries:
the collector - part 3 of a series of 13 by wvlfpvp

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #499]

Nov 12, 2009 - 11:08 AM
Story cycle on hold because: 500th ENTRY SPECTACULAR!

Now that I have your attention:

Dammit, stop posting random pictures from old entries!

That said: I like all my old entries. Even the whiny ones. I think its because this thing is a repository of my more random thoughts (even more random than the shit I put into the Testing thread) and a good place for me to dump stories. Even the ones that I don't finish, like Robbins, my awful children's story.

Y'all people make me happy!

Yay Garminforce!

(oh, and probably my favorite journal entry ever is this one: this one)

Oh, and I think I've made a lot more entries in the past year than in any given space of time. So yay!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #498]

Nov 11, 2009 - 12:20 PM
all the love in the world - part 1 of a series of 13
Why?

I have your picture. You're surrounded by men (and women) all fawning over you. The colors are so bright in the picture. I guess the paparazzo retouched it before publishing.

You face stands out in my dingy basement apartment.

The picture glows on my computer screen. In it, you're so graceful, even as you're bending to fix your shoe. That red dress contrasts wonderfully with your platinum blond hair, and seems to be barely containing your surgically-enhanced breasts. They would never fall out, though; that would be counter to your image. You're so fucking beautiful I can't stand it.

You look very different in person. You're really ugly when you cry, all puffy-faced and blubbering. I try to clean off your face, but you shrink away from my touch.

Why? I'm better looking than you are right now. I'm better looking than a lot of people in general. So... why do you hate me? Why does everyone love you? You don't deserve it any more than anyone else.

So why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why do you get all of that love? You're so fucking ugly now.

You're not crying anymore.

I wipe blood off your picture.

Currently Playing: Sunn O))) - Cry for the Weeper

Response entries:
you know what you are? - part 2 of a series of 13 by wvlfpvp

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #497]

Nov 4, 2009 - 09:06 AM
God, I suck
Every time I have enough Dwelling of Duels stuff to fill a CD-R (y'know, approximately 700 MB), I swap out stuff on my MP3 player. For ease of reference, following the track title in the ID3, I put the game(s) the song is an arrangement from.

I cannot type "Donkey Kong."

Every single fucking time, I type "Donkey Dong."

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #496]

Nov 1, 2009 - 11:01 PM
On Zombieland:
Two things, since I'm sure most everyone else agrees on the funny+awesome:

1) Was I the only person expecting a Rule 34? I mean, yes, Peter Jackson already did it years ago, but still. With the emphasis on Rules, I'm surprised (and semi-relieved but also irritate) that they didn't go that route.

spoilered for the few of you who haven't seen it, and not so much about the movie, but about a stupid movie reviewer:

Spoiler:
2) OK, so the reviewer for the local regular paper apparently didn't like the movie that much, and it was apparently all the fault of watching Bill Murray get shot because that means the filmmakers were going for shock value. I ask "WHAT shock value?" The shotgun is IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING SCREEN for each shot with Columbus and Little Rock leading up to the shooting (which screams, HELLO IMMA GONNA GET FIR'D SOON as film and, indeed, theater conventions call for), and it is already established that Murray's fake zombie get-up is entirely convincing. When he goes in to prank the two of them, it is ENTIRELY EXPECTED that he's going to die. That's why the scene was funny. Not because Wichita laughs, letting the more "normal" among us (I'm not one of them) know that it's OK for him getting shot to be funny. It's funny because it delivers on a convention. So. Seriously, Beif