Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Final Fantasy Phoneteen's Journal

Final Fantasy Phoneteen's Journal Statistics
View Final Fantasy Phoneteen's profile
Entries 44 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (2.27% of total)
Views 22646
Replies Final Fantasy Phoneteen has made 120 comments [view stats]
Comments 297 comments (6.75 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 35 props given to Final Fantasy Phoneteen [who be proppin?]
Buddies 3 buddies
Relation You are not Final Fantasy Phoneteen's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Sep 24, 2010 - 10:44 PM
Off to Taiwan
Later, bitches. See you in a little less than two weeks!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Jul 25, 2010 - 10:04 PM
Oh dear God.
So, a friend of mine posted an entry on his facebook yesterday.

"My girlfriend paid the troll toll."

I wasn't quite sure what he meant, but then his girlfriend (whom I'm also friends with) put this up as her profile picture.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

May 29, 2010 - 01:07 PM
I'll miss you, King Koopa.
So lame.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

May 27, 2010 - 03:30 AM
Picking a new phone!
Okay, so, I'm tired of Verizon because it doesn't work in my house. Not only that, but CDMA is just a pain in the ass when it comes to switching phones, and using them internationally is a crapshoot (prepaid sim cards aren't an option). So, I'm switching to T-Mobile because their coverage is fine in my house and anywhere I go around here, and their (non-contract) monthly rates are significantly cheaper than Verizon's.

Anyway, my point. I'm searching for an unlocked phone, and I seem to have narrowed down the manufacturer to Nokia since their phones aren't nearly as expensive as HTC's or Samsung's. They aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination since they're unsubsidized, but they're still a few hundred bucks less.

But yeah, I'm in a sort of dilemma. My choices are the X6 for $290, or the N900 for $450.

I am torn. I prefer the price of the X6, naturally, but the N900 won't be rendered obsolete as soon.

I could use the input/trolling of fellow gadget nerds, maybe even some idea for a third choice I should consider.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

May 7, 2010 - 08:53 PM
Fuck, she's gone too.
Response to: Fuck, she's gone. by Final Fantasy Phoneteen

My buddy Becky went to England to see her relatives. I'm happy for her, of course, but why does everyone leave when I have nowhere to go currently! Hell, even next month, when I go to Taipei, she'll be gone again for an archaeological dig in Honduras.

I need a Kerokero Cola.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Mar 25, 2010 - 07:07 PM
Huzzah, huzzah!
My buddy Kes is coming down from UCLA to visit. I'm excited! It sucks that I only get one or two opportunities to see her every six or so months.

Trying to figure out what we should do tomorrow. It's also my payday!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Feb 24, 2010 - 08:32 PM
Mike Mignola is amazing
So today I was organizing graphic novels at work and came upon Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom. I've never read any Hellboy stuff, so I flipped it open.

I saw only three frames, completely out of context:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Feb 10, 2010 - 11:47 AM
Los Angeles
I went to LA last weekend to see my buddy, who moved up there to attend UCLA. We agreed that four months had been much too long!

So I decided to take a train, since my van would eat up more in gas just getting up there than I would spend for round-trip tickets through Amtrak. Problem is, I sort of forgot about the people you find at train stations. Kettner station in downtown San Diego was nothing-- almost quaint in fact. Union Station in LA, on the other hand, produced quite a few gems.

Now, I expect the creepy ones to ask me for a light/cigarette/light & cigarette combo. In addition to these, I had a guy ask me for money (shock!) so that he could get a bus ticket out of town. Now, was he getting a bus ticket? Probably not. But he gave me the oddest story.

"See that corner over there? That's the jail. They let me out at 2 AM this morning. But I ain't a criminal or anything."

Wait, what? Are you new at this bilking thing or something? Why would you lead the conversation off of money and down that road? I had a single dollar bill on me, so I gave him it and flashed my barren wallet and had him leave me be. Maybe that's why he brought up prison. Or maybe he was telling the truth! ...Probably not, since I saw him there on my return ride home, telling people a different story.

Then I had a homeless lady sort of wander by. She ended up standing next to my bench, digging through some trash. Free country, I don't care. Then she starts mumbling. Eh, really, I think it'd be weirder if she was a hobo who didn't mumble. But then she spins around and screams

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE AT HOME!"

Thankfully, she was looking next to me and not right at me. I just sat that there, looked at my watch, then sent a text to my friend:

"Oh my god please help me"

She did eventually get to the station, and we went on our way.

I had a pretty good time. When you haven't seen someone dear for a long time, you're just as content doing nothing as you are... doing something. We went to the mall and the grocery store, but didn't really do anything meaningful besides exchanging Christmas gifts. We still had fun though.

Lastly, before I had to go back to Union Station, we stopped by a Thai restaurant that has a Thai Elvis impersonator as a big draw. He only performs on certain nights though, and that night wasn't one. We decided to take a photo, but I was on the other side of the gigantic table that stretched across the room. So we did the only sensible thing:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Jan 22, 2010 - 09:21 AM
A message from John Lithgow and friends
Response to: A message from John Lithgow by Jessykins

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Dec 18, 2009 - 05:42 PM
Two things I love about the bookstore.
Response to: See, there's two things I hate about the bookstore. by Final Fantasy Phoneteen

Flooded delivery bays. Why is this fun? Because we all got to see if pallets were seaworthy:

And they were quite! It looks shallow, but it was a good two feet; probably near three at the far wall. They later put a stick onto it with a crude drawing of a flag taped on, but I had already left at that point. Someone said they'd send me a picture.

Next, somewhat unnerving book covers. As I was shelving, I came across this hardcover I hadn't seen before. What's this cover all about?

Huh, a man pulling up his sleeve and animals running away in terror. ...Wait a minute, that look on his face--

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Final Fantasy Phoneteen's Journal