Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
SouthJag's Journal

SouthJag's Journal Statistics
View SouthJag's profile
Entries 4 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 2050
Replies SouthJag has made 10 comments [view stats]
Comments 34 comments (8.5 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to SouthJag [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not SouthJag's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 29, 2008 - 04:19 PM
I lol'd
First, you have to know that I live in something of a ghetto apartment complex. It's not too bad, but there is that presence.

I went to check the mail, which is a fair bit of a walk away from my particular building, when I could hear the familiar sounds of the ice cream truck driving through the complex. Now, this particular truck doesn't actually serve ice cream (although they do advertise for it), but rather an assortment of chips, candy, cookies, and soda. Whatever.

This time, I'm close enough to see the truck's menu. I read it and in big bold letters, right at the top, are their (apparently) three biggest sellers -- PIGFEET, JAR PICKLES and BAG PICKLES.

Pigfeet. Really.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 reserves)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

May 24, 2008 - 11:49 PM
Got a question for GFF
We all know GameStop has a game reservation policy; they ask people for money to go toward a game the customer will come back in pick-up within a particular time frame. It's a simple enough thing.

So what is it, GFF, that gets you riled up about it? If there were nothing else to speak for GameStop, it seems like all the negative feedback coming from teh intarwebz (whose opinion should always be taken seriously right?) is with regards to their reservation program?

I've heard the complaints; the employees badger people to reserve games they obviously don't want and won't shut up until a pre-order is made. But is that really all that's causing the uproar over GameStop? I mean sure it's annoying but it seems like "punishment" (negative customer feedback) far, far outweighs the "crime" so to speak.

The first thing I wanna ask is; you all do know it's their job right? As much as it be beaten into a customer's head about reserving a certain title, it's beaten into their head to get that title reserved x number of times, or to get so many pre-orders in a night.

Just wantin' to hear back a little bit. I'm sure I'll hear quite a bit more than I bargained for.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (25 reserves)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

May 22, 2008 - 11:17 PM
Work related B.S.
In my 25 years of existence, I've come to understand there are, at the very least two people you don't wanna piss off: the person who's handling your food and...

your friendly neighborhood UPS driver.

Yep, that's right. One can do some mean things to your stomach and really make your life miserable for a good few days, but the other one can steal your shit so fast you won't know what hit you...at least for a few days. UPS drivers have the ultimate say in whether or not your shit gets delivered and/or dropped off in the condition it was packaged in.

So be warned -- don't piss off your UPS driver.

In other news, I need something to play. GTA4's getting a wee bit repetitive at this point (which isn't entirely bad since it's good gameplay mechanics that are being repetitive but still) and I'm getting more antsy for MGS4. I've been playing Rise of Nations to death, and I beat Fable in no time flat. Damn this waiting period.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 reserves)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Sep 6, 2007 - 09:29 PM
First entry -- Woohoo?
S'arright
Maybe I can actively maintain a journal -- we'll see, no promises though.

More importantly, I activated my journal so I'd have a better place to write up all the information I come across at this year's GameStop Manager's Conference, i.e. vendor show.

I'll be leaving Sunday the 9th and won't be back until Friday afternoon. This conference is like a mini-E3 except no journalists, only GameStop managers. Developers will come by and "peddle their wares" to us, showing us stuff about the games coming out soon, hopefully letting us demo titles that aren't available yet. For example, before Halo 2 came out, it was demo'd to managers at this conference before even the press got their hands on it, which is pretty impressive I'd wager.

One day is reserved for GameStop training, but the rest is vendors and seeing the sights in none other than Las Vegas! I was already excited about finally getting to go to one of these conferences, but that it's being held in Las Vegas gives it a whole new level of awesome. One other thing; we get there the day the MTV VMA's are being held, so who knows, might get to see a couple big celebs.

I'll post any info I get from the vendor show in my journal, as sort of an easy reference point.

Currently Playing: Gnarls Barkley - Feng Shui

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 reserves)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
SouthJag's Journal