Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rakka's Journal

Rakka's Journal Statistics
View Rakka's profile
Entries 1 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 921
Replies Rakka has made 0 comments [view stats]
Comments 5 comments (5 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2 props given to Rakka [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Rakka's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Nov 5, 2006 - 12:16 AM
Rakka's little camera thread...erm, journal entry.
this was, uh, inspired by pom...

This is a Canon A-1 with a 50mm lens. I bought this camera, "broken," for $10 along with a bunch of lenses and filters, stuck a new battery in it, and it woke right up and started shooting! Unfortunately, its shutter is starting to squeak very slightly, though it still has quite a few years ahead of it. I pretty much gave this camera to my dad, but I still borrow it every once in a while, because it's an excellent camera to work with.

This is a Canon Canonet G-III QL17 rangefinder. I bought it for $18 at an antique store, buried behind a bunch of lousy old box cameras, so it was a pretty amazing deal! It's really fun to shoot with...it's stable (I've taken sharp hand-held shots at 1/8 second) and quiet because it doesn't have a big mirror like my SLRs, very easy to use, and I can focus it as fast as my ME Super...and a LOT faster than my *ist DL, or...

My Praktica SuperTL, with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. This camera is from East Germany, and it looks and feels like it came from the Soviet Union. It's really big, really boxy, and very heavy. This camera was VERY cheap...$2.50 with the lens! It seems to work pretty well, too, after I cleaned all of the gunk and corrosion out of the battery compartment. Needle meters are neat!

This camera is a Fuji Endeavor 1000ix MRC...the exact opposite of the Praktica. It's too bad that it uses annoying APS film, because it's really small and incredibly durable (titanium body), has a very sharp lens, and it's CUTE!

A Pentax Super ME with a 50mm f/1.7 lens. I use this little camera a lot, because it's pretty small and very pleasant to use...the viewfinder is a lot brighter than the one on my big digital SLR, and it has a little split-image focusing aid! The little 50mm lens and my 28mm wide-angle lens both take excellent pictures, too. The only thing I don't like about it, besides the fact that I actually paid a significant amount of cash for it, is that the mirror in it is fairly noisy.

My main camera is a big mean Pentax *ist DL digital SLR, with 50mm f/2 and 18-55mm lenses. I use this camera more than all of the other ones, just because it's digital (which equals free pictures) and has pretty good picture quality. I'm addicted to night photography, and the 50mm lens with ISO1600 sensitivity makes it much easier to take pictures without dragging a tripod around.

Here are some extra lenses. The 28mm Vivitar lens is for the A-1, and the 28mm Ricoh and 50mm Pentax both work with my ME Super and *ist DL. The Vivitar lens isn't anything special, but the two Pentax mount ones are excellent...fast, bright, and very sharp.

Cases! The little cheap green one carries my film cameras (not all at once!) while the blue Crumpler bag houses my digital SLR.

I think that's everything...it's a pretty formidable collection of, uh, stuff anyways.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rakka's Journal