Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
CuteChocobo's Journal

Journal Banner

CuteChocobo's Journal Statistics
View CuteChocobo's profile
Entries 8 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 2809
Replies CuteChocobo has made 15 comments [view stats]
Comments 55 comments (6.88 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1 props given to CuteChocobo [who be proppin?]
Buddies 1 buddies
Relation You are not CuteChocobo's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 2, 2007 - 08:44 PM
Exam Paper Distress x100
Stressed
*sigh* Two days ago the 2007 semester 1 exam paper for PT201 was sent back for correction (1 week before the actual exam *WTF*). Apparently there was one typo. I accidentally typed "Analyze" instead of "Analyse" (stupid Office 2007 auto spelling correct)

But thats not the part where I am pissed off at. Its more towards the procedure required just to get the papers approved and get it printed.

These are the steps.

1) Make correction and print out 3 copies (one for office, one for exam archive, and one for reference)
2) Get 3 academic staffs to proof read it, and sign ONE of the exam paper
3) Go to printing shop lodge in the exam paper, and get the 'approval request'
4) Take approval request to the administration office to get the latest passcode to access the exam database
5) Lodge in a soft copy of the exam paper into the database and copy down the reciept number and write it into the 'approval request'
6) Go to head of department and ask him to fill out the 'amendment approval' form which is attached to the 'approval request'
7) Go to the exam office which is like 15 min walk away to submit the 'admendment approval' AND 'approval request' sheet. If nothing is missing then you get the person in charge to sign your approval request sheet.
8) Lastly, Take it back to the printing shop and lodge in both applications. Wait for another 15 mins through phone confirmation and security clearance... then finally I am off

This whole ridiculous, RPG-like sequence is too time consuming, and waste of energy. Why can't they just submit stuff through email now a days

Anyway thats the reason why I am busy nowadays.

Once I get more time on my hands, I will report up the good news regarding me and my gf! Thats for next time...

CC out *shut-down chime*

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

May 27, 2007 - 10:36 AM
Immoral Relationship?
Thinking hard
I have been thinking... for nearly 2 days now, and I am still not sure whats is right or wrong. What should I do.......

Last friday, one of my student asked me to go to the E&N ball with her!

Now, lemme fill you in with snippets of whats going on, the facts. Lets call her Janelle from now on (not her real name of course~)

* Janelle entered uni as a freshman, and me as a fourth year student. ( we are 4 years apart)
* We have been keeping a good relationship with each other for 2 years now
* I confessed to her in my fifth year, but she was a bit indecisive. So she told me she will think about it
* After I graduated, I returned to pick up teaching while doing my postgrad this year
* Three weeks ago, Janelle's friend stayed in after tutorial and asked me how I still feel about Janelle. Of course, I still like her and stuff... and I thought they are just teasing me and joking around
* One week ago, Janelle and I courted *smile*
* Two days ago, Janelle asked me to go to E&N ball with her.

Now, heres the dilemma:
* I am officially her teacher, and she is my student. In two classes PT201 and DSP304
* E&N ball will invite guests, lecturers, family members, and other VIPs (journalists, photographers, education department member... etc)
* If I was seen getting on too friendly with Janelle, bad rumor might spread like wild fire
* Currently only 6 people knows about my relationship with Janelle
* I don't really want to get in trouble with the teachers' code of DoC and Uni counsellers, and definitely dun want bad publicity
* Janelle kept on saying its 'okay' but I have seen many cases where student-teacher relationship didn't end up pretty

What can I do...? *sigh*
Do I pretend I don't know here through out the night?
Or just take her advice and be carefree?

I have to give her reply on Tuesday... so I am a bit on what to do

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (22 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

May 24, 2007 - 06:38 AM
Guess there are still some good people out there...
Confused
Day Two from yesterday's journal entry "Think you had a bad day... I had worse!"

Another day ends without my laptop being found. However, surprising thing is that my back-pack which contains all my lecture notes, and print out for students are returned... at around 1pm lunch time by a middle-aged business man.

(and this is how it went) Last night I didn't sleep well at all, because I am waiting for calls from those people who might find my properties (back-pack and laptop, which I have engraved and print my name and contact on most possessions that I owned) So pretty much I was half asleep the whole time. In the morning, I asked my friend once again drive me to maccas, I looked around the area for suspicious person who might strike again on another unattended vehicle... unfortunately this bastard is smarter than he looks, therefore no sight of him.

Pretty much I was retyping my entire thesis as much as I can remember, and it continued until noon when I decided to take a break. My mob rang, and a man confirmed that my backpack was found. I immediately arranged a cafe to pick up my belongings (I initially thought that my laptop was also dumped with the bag) I treat the man for lunch and asked him about the condition of the bag, where he found it and when he found it.

* Bag was found opened and articles inside was spread around the opened bag (maybe the wind?)
* Bag was found near a park, under a bench. About 5km from where I was robbed.
* After, I re-examined.. these are a few things that was missing: My $45 emergency money, my scientific calculator, my pencil case, and my sunglasses.

Got back to uni and look through all my documents. At least the unit exam papers wasn't harmed... which means it isn't any one of the curtin students (Else the could have taken it and sell it for some high price ).

Now, I am really hoping that my laptop can be returned soon... I seriously don't want to type up my whole thesis again

Please pray for me

Currently Playing: SweetS - Moongrow

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

May 22, 2007 - 08:39 PM
Think you had a bad day... I have worse!
-_-
Arghhh, can my day get any worse

* While I was picking up my breaky at Maccas. Someone broke into my car and stoled my laptop & my teaching materials. Total time I took was less than 15min, and my car was within a open car park (where every one could see it happened)... Dunno how he does it, but when I came back my window is broken, and the the case on my passenger seat was gone, along with my laptop which was UNDER my drivers seat!!! Well I don't really give a crap about the teaching materials coz I can reprint them out. But I will go through the depth in hell just to get my laptop back. It contains my bloody doctoral thesis that took me more than 5 month to type up and spent ages in researching. *sigh*

* So I had to resort asking a friend to pick me up to university while filing a report to the police. They said that they are busy this month, and will queue my report when they "have time"

* Got into my office found that the whole internet, and local server is down ONLY IN MY F***ING BUILDING. So I couldn't get anything done.

* The morning class went smoothly (thank god for that!), however just didn't have the materials that I was suppose to hand out.

* While making lunch some bastard didn't seal the coffee bean can properly. It fell off the shelf and made a BLOODY MESS on the floor which took me again some time to catch up.

* Internet is finally back, however I still can't get access to my profile nor the database to do work...

I think I will just sit at the corner of my office until this day ends.

SO what do you do when you have a bad day?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

May 21, 2007 - 11:40 PM
GFF.org + Returned Members - GFF.com = discounted activities?
depressed
GFF.org has been up for almost 2 month already *i think* and thanks to all the admins and mods for bringing back this wonderful virtual home for most of us All you hard work are being appreciated!!!

CuteChocobo passes all admins and mods an e-cookie

However I have noticed a drop in the level of activity, in terms of posting quality replies and quality threads. I know there are those super members who always try to create new and exciting threads for others. However the reply rate is slooow as compared to before. Why is that?

One example is my all time favourite section: animespot and request threads. For the past 3 days, there has only been approximately 1 dozen new posts in animespot, and about 1 to 2 dozen or so new posts in the request thread.

Now there are two possible reasons for this phenomenon. And I just want to hear your opinions whether my thinking is valid or not

Scenerio One
For almost 5 years we had seen "gamingforce.com" building up their reputation as one of the most friendliest, competitive, emo-est (I can go on and on with the adjectives) forum in the World Wide Web ...well thats my opinion anyway[/I]. People from all across the globe joined "gamingforce.com" because of its plentiful *coughpiratecough* resources available for sharing. (Kudos to all FTP servers, and other uploaders) Unfortunately ever did we foreseen what was to happened 2 to 3 month ago. "gamingforce.com" was ditched by the server, and took a bunch of dedicated members to revive this new "gamingforce.org".

Due to that almost accumulated 1 month blackout (without gamingforce.com), a lot of members moved on. Even with the recovery, only about half of the dedicated (homeless ) members returned. Most of them are told either through emails by the helpful admins or through words of mouth. However we did still loose few good mates here and there.

Not enough publicity? Doubt it. However if you search on google for gamingforce, it directs you to the old website instead of this new one (Google "gamingforce") Could this also be the reason why there haven't been much members recovery, everyone still think the site is down?

Scenerio Two
The restructuring of the forum.

Changes is good, I always welcome to changes... however the way that the whole board restructuring is kinda irritating coz I have to almost open each section to see the sub-forums and hopefully finding out what I wanted.

Whole idea is great, but getting used to it may take some period. As for me there are already a few sections of this forum I rarely visit anymore due to the 2nd-sub-forum branch-offs. Still remember few of the members (joined Sept 2006) often questions me on where are the audio/other/video request thread located, or has it been removed. So I began my life in "gamingforce.org" as a tour guide for the lost noobs... o___O

Overall, I think of "gamingforce.org" as a fresh start, gather new people, making new changes... hopefully as the weeks past by we can regain our popularity and back to the same ol' forum again.

*sigh* when will the forum be the same ol' again

Anway enough of my whining, I should to and reply to some more posts now!

Ciao~

[Sorry if my statistics are incorrect, I am only taking blind assumption and guesses. But do provide the correct statistics thou!]
[Oh! and do excuse me for my inadequate English expressions, if there is any...]

Currently Playing: with my one eyed snake

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

May 20, 2007 - 07:19 AM
Nagasarete Airantou Eps 5 Review
Drowsy
This originally was a post thread at the Airantou's anime thread. However I have decided to make my own anime review at my ChocoJournal... *hopefully iits allowed*

==============
Episode 5
==============

I have already watched up-to-date 6 eps of Nagasarete Airantou and I have to vote that Episode 5 is still my favourite episode Not only its funny, wacky... but also contain a bit of sexual reference

The first part of the anime was all okay and slow... until the second part where they start doing some random chores for the village dwellers. One of their jobs is to pick mashrooms... so whats so weird about picking them? Well read below and be a judge your self

One thing that really disturbed me thou is that... I don't remember having a Man-Eating Penis-Looking-Mashrooms (will be refered as MEPLM from now on) field in the manga. WHATS UP WITH THAT!? (reference to eps 3)

I mean can this anime still be classified as PG after what Suzu is doing in this picture below, with the MEPLM? Doesn't that just seems WRONG... seriously... *sigh*? (I bet hentai doujins will be produced based on this 13 min scene)

Taking a step back and comparing it to the manga in chapter 8-9. I think the only thing that actually gave a reference to ma\shrooms is when Ikuto and Suzu is out picking mashroom as a chore.

Jeeze, compare the size difference

Of course, my disappointment vanished when I was presented with this scene

GO RIN <3
[image taken from anime.miao.us]

I will try my best to post my fav anime reviews here... so please do check it out from time to time! Thanks

CC

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

May 17, 2007 - 04:25 AM
Kekkaishi Manga (Raw) DL links inside
Tired
Recently I have been addicted in Kekkaishi the anime, so I decided to take a look into the manga version. I find that manga version is much detailed as compared to anime.

This is the English official cover, however I didn't upload the English version coz it would be piracy

So without further ado, I would like to share with all of you Kekkaishi manga raw-version (means it is in JAPANESE!!)

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1026...hi01001007.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi02008016.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi03017026.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi04027035.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi05036046.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi06046055.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi07056065.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi08066075.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1027...hi09076085.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1381...hi10086095.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1381...hi11096105.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1381...hi12106115.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1381...hi13116125.zip
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1381...hi14126134.zip

Thanks to "fairy" in #plum-city@irc.irchighway.net for the uploads!

Enjoy!!

NOTE: For those who seriously want the English version, then may I direct you to www.gotlurk.net and use the bot search function to look for the manga

Currently Playing: First Good-bye - Aya Hirano

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

May 16, 2007 - 08:42 PM
I wish I could time-leap too! (TokiKake Review)
Extremely
I bought this DVD a while ago (1.5 weeks old) never had time to actually sat down and watch it. However last night I managed to dumped whatever I was doing and sat down to enjoy this master piece anime called...

時をかける少女 (Toki wo kakeru shoujo)
a.k.a. The Girl who Leapt Through Time

Background: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (時をかける少女, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo), also known as TokiKake, is a Japanese anime film produced by the animation studio Madhouse and distributed through Kadokawa Herald Pictures, first released in theatres in Japan on July 15, 2006. The film was later released on DVD on April 20, 2007 in Japan in regular and limited editions. (I bought the limited edition which comes with artbooks, soundtracks and other additional work-commentaries)

This featured film is based originally on Tsutsui Yasutaka's novel by the same name. However when comparing the original novel with this new released anime-movie. Fans of the novel can spot many different path the anime took which the book didn't discuss. The director of this film decided to take the story which was originally set in the edo era and bought forth into the recent timeline. Tsutsui Yasutaka praised the film as being "a true second-generation" of his book at the Tokyo International Anime Fair on March 24, 2006. (筒井康隆、アニメ「時をかける少女」を語る(Tsutsui Yasutaka talks about "Toki Wo Kakeru Shojo")

Even though it was not a massive hit at the box office, the film did exceptionally well at the various festivals it was entered in. TokiKake took home the award of Best Animated Film in the ANIMA'T category at the thirty-ninth Sitges International Film Festival of Catalonia. It won the Animation Grand Award, given to the year's most entertaining animated film, at the prestigious sixty-first Annual Mainichi Film Awards. It was also awarded the first annual Animation of the Year prize at the thirtieth Japan Academy Prize. It was nominated for, but did not win, the twenty-seventh Japan SF Grand Prize. It received the grand prize in the animation division in the Japan Media Arts Plaza in 2006. At the sixth annual Tokyo International Anime Fair, which opened on March 22, 2007, TokiKake was recognized as "Animation of the Year."

Synopsis: When compared this featured anime can be described as "the same product in a different packaging". Indeed for those who have read the book, it is pretty much the same gist with the plot. For those who haven't read the book, here is a sneak review of the plot.

Quote:
Makoto Konno, a girl attending high school in Tokyo's shitamachi. One day she discovered her power that allows her to go back in time and re-experience events (the time-leap) when she got involved in an accident at a train crossing one day which nearly cost her life.

A little bewildered with her new powers at first, Makoto uses them extravagantly to not be late and get perfect grades on tests, but soon things begin to turn bad as she discovers how her actions adversely affect others....

Review: I watched this movie twice in one session, because first time I was emotionally taken by this anime. The beauty of the artwork, the melancholy melody of the music, the well-crafted plot, the excellence of the VA (voice actors/actresses) all combined into an aura that I immediately loved at first sight. The second time where I can truly based my opinion upon what I have seen

I was telling my friend this morning, if you can grab Makoto Shinkai (work-ography: Voice of the Distant Stars, Beyond the Clouds, 5cm) to do the backgrounds, Ghibli (work-ography: Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro. etc.) to do the character designs and a good writer to compose a great piece of work. Then Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo would be the closest that you will get from the dream combination.

At the end of the first watching, The Butterfly Effect movie came to my head, the idea is very similar: "What you changed in the past will also have a domino effect upon the future". However, instead of much action and desperate tying of the movie characters, this featured animation gives a calmer, romantic pace that guides us through the lives of 3 teenagers who each have their own problems to resolve. And how they discovered by playing with the past might not lead to a better future.

As you might can tell already, I DIG THIS FILM
Of course there are a few flaws in this featured film, some questions are left unanswered, there are plot holes within bits and pieces of the film. However all those minor issues doesn't evade the charm of this little piece of art.

One of the viewer also have the same view as me, she quoted "On the positive side, the movie does not choose to go with the easy ending anyway and so by the very end, I learned to overlook the plot problems and bask in the summery warmth that this film exudes so well."

Rating:
Animation - 93% (It captures the movement, emotions and aspects of daily life exceptionally well)
Sound - 85% (I love the soft tunes, with beautiful main theme song sung by Oku Hanako. Downside is it gets quite monochromatic)
VA - 87% (Makoto, main female lead, is the one VA that impressed me the most. All the characters here are skillfully voiced!)
Plot - 95% (Heh, since I already read the novel. I had to drop down some points due to the plot holes)
OVERALL - 92% (An excellent piece of art which might be set as a milestone for future animations)

Additional Comments:
Go buy the DVD, I think it is worth to treasure this particular work. English version will be out by end of 2007 (Not really sure about the release date yet). Also if you can read Japanese, try the novel, it is more empowering compared to the Real-life movie and the anime

Thanks to wikipedia for most of the researches

Currently Playing: TokiKake OP single - Garnet - Oku Hanako

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 cookies)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
CuteChocobo's Journal