Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
SimDaddyGT's Journal

SimDaddyGT's Journal Statistics
View SimDaddyGT's profile
Entries 116 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 55841
Replies SimDaddyGT has made 378 comments [view stats]
Comments 426 comments (3.67 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 99 props given to SimDaddyGT [who be proppin?]
Buddies 29 buddies
Relation You are not SimDaddyGT's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Dec 4, 2015 - 03:13 PM
A Life Update (LONG OVERDUE!!)
Holy crap, I didn't think it was as long as it's been since I last did any posting here. I'm way overdue.

So for the past couple years, I've been more busy than ever with gaming, game collecting, traveling, conventions, and tournaments. For 2014, I finally made the trip to the EVO Fighting Game Championships in Vegas and competed in 3rd Strike, Ultra SF4, and UMVC3 (which was a joke of a decision. I suck at Mahvel). I had a great experience at the event, but I really don't think I need to go back. I'm not as ambitious about fighters now as I was back then, although I still keep up in 3S and Ultra somewhat. I can say I did that and am happy with it.

Along with that, I started taking up NES Tetris more seriously, mostly thanks to that documentary I mentioned last time. I found out that the 5th Anniversary of the Classic Tetris World Championship was taking place at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, so I decided to attend the expo, which also tied to my new hobby of retro game hunting, and participated in the tournament. Had a lot of fun and learned quite a bit on how to play better, though I'm still kinda stuck at my current skill level. :P

The expo itself was an amazing experience, but it definitely made me wish I had started doing this when I was younger. Seeing dozens of vendors with multitudes of games I wanted just overwhelmed me. At least when I went back this year, I had my best friend, IdleChill, come with. Nothing like partnering up with someone, especially someone you've known all your life, to make a mutual hobby more enjoyable! Also did a little better in the Tetris tournament, but still lost early.

2015 was probably my most busy year thus far. I attended MAGFest for the first time. I thought Youmacon was massive in terms of gaming. Yeah.. Youma is still the biggest in terms of anime conventions I've attended, especially after this year (I've not attended and doubt I'll ever attend Anime Expo or Otakon), but MAGFest blows it away. I think the only time I wasn't having fun that whole weekend was probably the couple of hours I couldn't even break 300,000 on Tetris while practicing for a fairly boring tournament. Aside from that, nothing but fun had.

I'm still into, and more ambitious about it than before, DDR. Surprise, surprise. In fact, so much so that I attended my first DDR Storm in Florida back in May. Did better in the DDR X3 tournament than I thought I would, given the level of competition there, and took 2nd in the SNES Tetris tournament. The overall event was just a blast for me. Plus, DA BEEEACH!!

So aside from the traveling, the awesome Meets, and the retro game collecting, I've mostly just been trying to be more social and outgoing. It's a little hard for me, but I'm still trying. Truth is, after so long, I've finally convinced myself that I'm ready to start trying to date. It's been kind of a rough start, so much so that I felt it was taking a lot out of me and time away from other things that make me happy, so I'm already putting my social life aside for a little while to kind of relax and refresh. I have hope and confidence it will work out for me, but it doesn't pay to stress out that it hasn't yet.

Well, that's been my life for the past couple years. I'm still alive and stepping, so I'm grateful.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #116 of 116]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
SimDaddyGT's Journal