Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
LIAR's Journal

LIAR's Journal Statistics
View LIAR's profile
Entries 4 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 3820
Replies LIAR has made 365 comments [view stats]
Comments 15 comments (3.75 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 30 props given to LIAR [who be proppin?]
Buddies 3 buddies
Relation You are not LIAR's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 17, 2012 - 04:29 PM
Meet entry #1. Title: Fuck United.
tired
So, I'm home. I have two facebook posts I'll be writing. The first one, this one, is filled with negativity related to United. This is a rundown of my experiences with them this go-around and to give everyone an actual summary of the past 5-6 facebook posts:

- After saying goodbye to the last of the group at PWM, Erik and I waited for our plane. The trouble begain almost immediately at the point that our plane landed. Why? Because it had already been delayed in arrival. I'll get to why in a moment.

- 10 minutes late, we're finally boarding the plane. We start taxi-ing (taxing? taxiing?) out to the runway when we find out that Chicago has a ground-stop in effect due to weather. This explains why this plane was late. It also means we're delayed by at least 30 minutes. So we have to sit and wait.

- It is now 45 minutes past the time of our original departure time when we finally get the OK to take off. The plane takes off toward O'hare and we're on our way.

- We approach Chicago, and due to weather, have to repeatedly switch gates. We take a bit to land, and take even longer to taxi. By this time, we're over an hour late into the terminal. Our connection flight has just left. My mobile boarding pass had "SEE AGENT" on it for the flight. Grand.

- We went to the first United customer service desk and there was already a long line. We were told about another customer service desk across the airport that had barely anyone in line. Well, it might have. We arrived at said service desk to find a similar line, but at least there were more people working, so we got through pretty quick.

- The lady behind the desk was a bit of a brush off to us. I understand that dealing with customer service with airlines dulls your sympathy and all, but I was disappointed with how United handled the situation. They gave us a discount voucher for a hotel in the area, no discounts or credits for the flight, no compensation, etc. Okay fine. Not that big a deal, I know that it was out of their control. On the plus side, they had already booked us for the next flight to PDX, which was at 7am.... Oh, and when I asked her about my luggage, she said it'd be on the flight with me to PDX. More on that later.

-Erik and I gather things together, get some food (by the way, O'hare. Please stop closing restaurants at 9:30pm. SOME OF US DON'T WANT MCDONALDS AS THE ONLY CHOICE > ). We call and get the discount for the hotel. After this point, things start to look up. We get to the hotel, nice hotel. Get a few hours of sleep and then head back to the airport at about 5ish.

-Trip back to PDX was uneventful and no problems. I was happy, and things looked like they were back to normal, until I got to PDX.

-Went to baggage claim, waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. My luggage never showed. Went to the baggage office, they told me that my baggage was sent to PDX on a different flight. Even though I was told otherwise previously. On top of that, the flight it was sent out on, got delayed. Cool, wonderful, thanks United. At this point, I told them I was done and to just deliver the luggage to the house when it arrives.

-Got home, showered, and now here I am. Its been a rough 24 hours, but I'm back.

I'll do a positive post about my week later, after I've had dinner and some time to relax and reflect on the week as a whole.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3 of 4]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
LIAR's Journal