Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Summonmaster's Journal

Journal Banner
Be thankful she is not using Decide Shooter.

Summonmaster's Journal Statistics
View Summonmaster's profile
Entries 238 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 9 entries are private (3.78% of total)
Views 187015
Replies Summonmaster has made 1835 comments [view stats]
Comments 1047 comments (4.4 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 99 props given to Summonmaster [who be proppin?]
Buddies 31 buddies
Relation You are not Summonmaster's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jul 31, 2008 - 05:17 PM
My nerd level up and recent gaming
Sweaty teens, hyper children, and rectangular Pocket Monsters
----------

On Tuesday, I had nothing better to do so I decided to ask my friend to go the comic store and play Pokemon cards, instead of vice versa. Upon arriving there for the second time ever for me, the tables are packed with triple the scant amount of people I saw last time I was taken to see how people play this card game with each other on an almost weekly basis.

Breakdown:
  • 60% = Young boys
  • 30% = Older teen guys
  • 10% = Middle-aged old men

and a single girl, not counting the two women on staff

At first I didn't want to play, because these children along with everyone were packing horrendously metagame cards like Claydol and Absol, and I didn't want to die too quickly. Eventually I rationalized that I was already there, and the fact that I wanted to go already labels me as a nerd so I shouldn't bother trying to hide it.

1) When I finally settled in, I had a good battle with the first kid by getting lucky with some of my key draws and being able to get Magmortar out before Absol sliced through my starter. As well, getting Switch right before Darkrai Level X managed to overpower me with Endless Darkness.

2) I trounced my friend's lightning deck as usual with my fire deck as usual. Psychic would have been my first choice from when I got started, but I need to collect more to get more speed and a decent mix, apart from my goal of getting Gardevoir Level X and Gengar out. Plus, fire is hilariously easy to use.

3) The last kid had a water deck, but it ended so quickly he didn't even need to trounce more than one of my pokemon, since we both only had one starter, and I drew my Bebe's Search one turn too late, via Professor Elm.

~
Listening around, it was pretty funny because it was everything I expected.
- The weird teens were belligerently arguing over some card text or something.
- Some kids were smack talking each other.
- A couple of the older players were rather helpful to their less experienced opponents.

My friend and I are saving up for the Legends Awakened Booster Box:

Stats:
  • 36 packs -> 18 for me, 18 for him
  • $118 or so for the box -> 50% split between us
  • August 19 = Pre-release.

Gaming
----------

Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- 4th last story mission, it appears, and Vaan and Penelo seem likely to be encountered for the third time in the next story mission.

- 240 quests, although I'm still annoyed that "Rancher's Request - Yellow" has been there for the longest time. I caught a Black Chocobo, and yet can't seem to find a yellow one anymore :/

Soul Calibur IV
- Create a character is giving me loads of laughs. I'm focusing particularly on what the character will look like when armour is destroyed. Afros abound and skimpy underwear! They really outdid themselves with the feature this time. I didn't do it much in III due to the terrible movesets, but thankfully you can even modify existing characters or create any character, using any character's moveset.

- Online didn't seem to work for me the one time I tried earlier. I could connect to Playstation Network, but I couldn't start a Quick Match.
Anyone with the PS3 version want to fight me?

- What is this about Downloaded Stage Music in the Options menu? :O

The Orange Box
- I just got the crossbow in Halflife 2 and am at the end of the part under the bridge where you have to cross all the girders. I am so thankful that the vehicle doesn't handle as shitty as the water buggy did, although driving into the wrong place takes so much gravity gunning that I just reload. Whether I die or manually reload, the load times are killer :C

- TEAM FORTRESS 2 WITH ROCKGAMERXIII ON SATURDAY. I won't forget this time!

Breath of Fire 2
- How stupid of me. I didn't beat it the first four times I try it, so what makes me think I'm going to this time? Well I bought it on Virtual Console since I had 800 spare points lying around since Earthbound is not likely to come out any soon at this crappy rate of weekly releases.

Same routine for me:
grind earnestly at the start, with the grind time to gameplay progress ratio rapidly declining instead of remaining constant.

- Currently at: Coursair -> Baba's woods -_-;

Gaming Considerations
----------

- The Eye of Judgment
- PSP (again), for the sole purpose of Wild Arms XF
- Tales of the Abyss (if I ever see it in stores again)
- Disgaea 3 (not a consideration, but a mandatory purchase for me, "disgaeafanboy")

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI Piano Collections - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hitcombo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #222 of 229]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Summonmaster's Journal