Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Summonmaster's Journal

Journal Banner
Be thankful she is not using Decide Shooter.

Summonmaster's Journal Statistics
View Summonmaster's profile
Entries 238 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 9 entries are private (3.78% of total)
Views 187340
Replies Summonmaster has made 1835 comments [view stats]
Comments 1047 comments (4.4 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 99 props given to Summonmaster [who be proppin?]
Buddies 31 buddies
Relation You are not Summonmaster's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jul 21, 2008 - 07:28 PM
My first concert and other silly vanities and news
|o
My First Concert
-----

Completely involuntarily, I went to Z103.5's Summer Rush at Canada's Wonderland yesterday, so I'm not entirely at fault for all of my following complaints. I also have to note that I hardly know of many mainstream artists and songs nowadays, nor do I have interest in them, so I was quite out of place.

The big names for the event were Nelly, and the Jabbawockees who were last and second last respectively. There were some other apparently notable performers like Girlicious, Jesse McCartney, Lady Gaga, Estelle, Cascada and Elisha Estrada(sp?).

We were standing in an aisle in the middle, just behind the front block of seats and in front of the back area of the grassy inclines (so smack in the middle theatre), that was crammed full of people since the theater area was occupied by 17000 people according to their ticket sales.

We literally stood up in the aisle for 8 hours straight, because my friends did not want to lose our standing places and they wanted to see Jabbawockees, even though we didn't know when they were up.

Inevitably, our bodies were all packed like sardines and there were a lot of unavoidable boob grazes and ass grazes from all the silly people who were coming in and out of the aisles to get food or change views, and all our sweaty bodies created enough heat to offset the cold rain and wind from outside the uncovered part of the outdoor theatre.

Cut to the Chase!:

Long story short, my knees hurt when I bent them from all the standing. My eardrums were pierced from both the constant blaring loud music (although I enjoyed the primal beats of DJ Danny D) and the screaming fangirls and wild crowd.

At least I can now say I've been to a big-name concert, although I'd never want to attend one of those things again, save for Go! Go! 7188, and Video Games Live (fucking missed it twice >:@).

Birthday Haul
-----

- Happy Cow got me the Okami Artbook which I am madly in love with, since I think Okami is the beautiful game in the world. The artbook certainly lives up to that, with neat touches like the soundtrack recommendations and the cute "Amaterasu theatre" art. Again, this is my FAKE gift and the real one is imported, just like last time -_-;

you silly boy! :@

-- One of my friends made me (read: us all) a tiramisu, which was apparently "subpar" this instance since he added more alcohol and substituted chocolate with cinnamon, and used lower grade cookies. I'd have to slightly agree, but regardless it was still heavenly to eat.

--- My other friend was very extravagant and printed out an MSN log that accused of me certain claims using evidence. Then she made me open a huge giftwrapped cardboard box that almost sealed off my hallway. Inside were lots of balloons and clever items that showed that "I got exactly what I asked for." In addition to all the lavish and cheesy gifts in the box, she gave me $20 to top it all off.

---- Finally, Himitsu, who left on vacation, relayed a gift to me by leaving it in my one friend's care from the time she left a couple of months ago. It turned out to be my favourite messed up anime OVA, Cat Soup, which comes with a bloody cover that oozes the cats around if you squeeze the box.

-----In addition, I received about $195, a lot of which I had proactively spent :x on a preorder of the PS3 version of Soul Calibur IV, and (cue the disses):

I thought I had killed the TCG habit, but my friend showed me how to play Pokemon and now I'm hooked on it, and so are my spending habits :$. It's the thrill of getting lucky with every pack that keeps me coming back, and so far I have been pretty darn lucky, managing to get the Gardevoir Lvl. X and Blissey in my first and last packs, respectively, that I had wanted after reading up intensively on the subject.

Gaming
-----

FFTA2 - All my units are level 41, so are overlevelled due to the abundance of missions. I finally reached a turnoff point, since it's the second encounter with Vaan and Penelo, and I'm doing fine at the mountain since my characters have Faerie Shoes, but the turnoff was that Penelo died in one hit from a normal rear attack that criticaled her. Mission = INSTANT FAIL. I hope she isn't this frail when you get her :s

Halflife 2 - I'm at Highway 17 where you get the Rocket Launcher and I tried to shoot down the plane. I think all the bullets hit, but it was still in the air. Maybe I'm not using the laser tracking properly?

Super Smash Brothers Brawl - I play with Freelance Wolf, Identity Crisis, and some RL friends and find my output to grossly vary. Sometimes I handle my characters well and other times my fingers and reflexes have an off day. I should really learn how to play with other styles than the Wiimote too, as my precious Zelda can only teleport in half the directions available, and I can't glide with Metaknight/Pit/Charizard. Otherwise, same as usual. My friend is having a Brawl get-together on Saturday and has over-hyped my skills to everyone.
GEE THANKS :P

Music
-----

- I have to give props to gamemp3s for finally being at the point where they're churning releases out faster than I can keep up with them. Right now I'm working through the Super Mario Galaxy OST for song deletion (HD space ), but as you may or may not know, there are already a bunch of OSTs to get after that batch

- I thought I would use Sousuke's dropbox invites for music hosting and it -does- work, but looks I don't have time for recommendations as of this point. I guess some wouldn't hurt though. I'm really looking for breakbeats and heavy percussion. JPS's "Powerful Enemy (Actraiser)" is my current favourite song of all-time for this, and I'm hoping to exceed Hanamuke's 700+ listens because of this percussive action
<hosting another day since dropbox is on the laptop...> It's on Kairyu's FTP though under Doujin -> JPS

Currently Playing: Super Mario Galaxy OST Platinum Version

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 hitcombo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #221 of 229]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Summonmaster's Journal