Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal

Angel of Light's Journal Statistics
View Angel of Light's profile
Entries 83 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 38891
Replies Angel of Light has made 363 comments [view stats]
Comments 271 comments (3.27 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 115 props given to Angel of Light [who be proppin?]
Buddies 19 buddies
Relation You are not Angel of Light's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Aug 31, 2013 - 10:05 PM
GFF Meet 2013 Thoughts (Sorry if its a little late)
This is going to be a long journal entry, so I just wanted to give people a heads up.

For something that I've been trying to attend over the last 4 years I'm happy that I had the chance to go to this. You don't truly understand how much I needed this and at the end of this experience I come out of it with no doubts and no regrets.

You have to understand that I was really scared and really nervous about coming to this meet. Even though I've been part of the forums for over 7 years, I've always considered myself an outside member of the forum, a lot of the jokes really go over my head and I'm happy that out of all the time I've been here I haven't been issued any warnings or had any infractions over the time I've been here. Sometimes I can come up with the scatter good idea, but in those 7 years I've formed some really great friendships with some really good people. Coming to the meet has strengthened those friendships and gave me the opportunity to form new ones. I know my time at the meet I don't think I was the most social one there, there were times I preferred to be alone but it wasn't due to anybody, my heart and my mind is always heavy with responsibility even when I'm trying to enjoy myself.

This has literally been one of the best highlights of this entire year and I will forever be grateful for that. I will definitely try to make it to another meet, but I don't want to make promises I can't keep. I will just have to wait and see.

I guess this is the part where we talk about everybody we met.

SimDaddyGT/Jason: You can kick my ass in street fighter III - 3rd strike as much as you want. If its one regret I have, I wish we could of had our little ddr matchup but unfortunately the weather just wouldn't work with us so we'll have to do it for another year. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play a lot of games on your XBLA especially Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes. I really enjoyed your company my friend your an excellent person to talk to and at least I know I always got a friend to keep on top of the latest bemani news.

Plarom/Greg: The man with the million dollar smile. The funny thing is I barely interacted with you on the forums at all Greg. I knew who you were and was always aware of your presence. You were always in a good mood and I’ll be happy to play you in chess anytime.

Talec/Dwyn: You have an evil smile. Every time I see you smile I think you are having deliciously evil thoughts. I hope everything goes well with your text adventure contest at the convention you are going to. Thanks for allowing me and shade to guess the ingredients in all of your non-alcoholic drinks at fancy dinner night. I really enjoyed the conversations we had at fancy dinner night; it was really great to know you on a personal level. I wish you nothing but the greatest success in life.

Sprouticus/Dave: You are the one guy that I know of that share my love of the 80’s action movie genre. I can’t tell how many great movies I have seen based on your recommendation. You’re a man of many talents and I truly hope your film career takes off. I would love to see your short film make it to a film festival and I sincerely hope it does. Listen with everything that happened Thursday night I had no problems making time to be there for you because in all honesty these meets wouldn’t happen without you and besides I’ll always count on your recommendation for an over the top action movie any day of the week. You’re an awesome person.

Dopefish/Chris: I often don’t understand why people give you a hard time on the forum. Your one of the most level headed guys I know of, and you always have interesting stories to tell and the banter you and Danielle share is absolutely adorable. You always made time to listen and I think one of my favorite times at the meet was you, Danielle, me and nutty talking at kitchen table about politics and a whole bunch of other topics. I will always have an NHL rivalry with you for life.

Sassafrass/Danielle: You’re an absolute sweetheart in every sense of the word. Not afraid to give your opinion and always looking after the best interests of the group. You were accommodating to me when you didn’t have to and I appreciate everything you did for me. I wish there was some way I could repay the amount of kindness you showed me. You always made sure I was having a good time and you were the first person to make me feel welcome throughout the entire experience. I owe you a debt of gratitude and you helped me immensely through our conversations throughout some of the stress I was going throughout the week I was in Maine.

ElectricSheep/Patrick: Patrick I did not get a chance to talk with you a lot personally over the entire meet. I appreciate you bringing to the airport Saturday morning. You’re an awesome story teller, I appreciate being a passenger in your vehicle on more than one occasion. I sincerely hope the summer treats you well.

Hyde/Pete: You my friend are a ball of energy. You and I made sure there wasn’t one dirty dish in the house. You were always going a mile a minute, between having a good time and keeping up with your schoolwork you’re the ultimate multi-tasker. I know we didn’t get a chance to interact much, but your one cool dude nonetheless. You always wanted me to be part of the group. I appreciate the private message you sent me and I truly hope you have an awesome summer to look forward to.

Seris/Abby: Random Seris hugs are always the best hugs. You’re an absolute doll and despite all the jokes that get thrown at you, you take it like a champ. Your one of the most caring people I’ve ever met. What you done for Dave is just a testament of how kind hearted you are and what you do for your brother is just something that makes you such a wonderful person. You’ll win your battle against the seagull eventually.

Hito/Cody: You are a master chef my friend. It was interesting to see the amount of detail and hard work you put into your food. Even I ate food that you made that I wouldn’t normally eat. I still feel bad over steak night, I know I usually prefer my steaks to be medium but you really didn’t have to go out of your way to prepare the steak the way I wanted it. I can eat anything you prepare and it was really great to get your opinions when we went out to fancy dinner night.

Temari/Ally: You were my favorite surprise throughout the entire experience. I never even had any idea you were going to show up. I know we’ve shared a few conversations on skype when you were having a boring day. It’s sad you couldn’t be there for the entire experience and I really wanted to have the chance to say goodbye to you. Unfortunately I was out grocery shopping with the rest of the guys. Dave and I were suppose to get revenge on you for pool shenanigans especially getting me with dirty water when you were out of the pool and hitting Dave in the head with a sponge ball. I guess we’ll have to wait until another year for revenge force.

Sousuke/Tai: I didn’t get to interact with you that much Tai, you were quiet but incredibly soft spoken. I don’t know if that’s a testament to your character but we’ve had some really good hot tub conversations over the week. I am happy that I got to meet you, I was really concerned when you were sick prior to coming to the meet, but I’m happy you mustered the energy to get down here. I hope you have an awesome summer to look forward to.

Fresh Frank/Frank: Two Words. Fucking Chapels. Thanks for taking time frank to teach me the scatter new board game or two. I’ll be up for a poker game with you at any time. I play enough of them when I work way from home.

Lurker/Sarah: Your blunt, to the point, unapologetic, not afraid to speak your mind, but guess what your still an absolute sweetheart and one of my favorite people that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in Maine. Thanks for all the conversations we’ve had at dinner at the chicken wing place and throughout the entire meet experience. I enjoy talking with you and I’m sure your sunburn has long healed up by now. I hope you have a great summer for yourself.

Pangalin/Andrew: Here is my biggest observation about you my friend, I really expected you to be incredibly vocal throughout the entire meet. I’m so use to your sarcastic comments on this site, I thought I’d be hearing zingers from you left, right, and center. However, I’ve noticed that the moment you got something to say that is absolutely evil and hilarious, you get this little grin on your face and I know something good is coming. You got some awesome gff stories to tell, and I didn’t get to talk with you a lot, but throughout all of the E3 conferences and throughout the entire meet I’ve really enjoyed your company. I will be happy to play against you with regards to injustice, you and your poking and flying projectile bullshit.

Garr/Rylan: I still feel horrible about hitting you in the face with that Frisbee. I still feel awful bout it because I’m probably one of the few gff members that has caused Garr to draw blood and lived to tell the tale. Your insanely good at super smash bros, and I got a good laugh when it was your turn to play cards against humanity and you had a hard time reading some of the responses because they were that funny.

Radez/Andrew: You are one of the most intellectual people I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. You’re a true gentleman and incredibly soft spoken. I enjoyed our early morning conversations. You were always one of the first guys up, since I was quite the early riser throughout the entire meet. I hope you have a really enjoyable summer my friend, I know you always got a ton of work and a ton of responsibility but it was great getting to know you for the short amount of time I was there.

Shade/Chris: I so look forward to meeting you again when I head out to Portland, Oregon in 2014. It’s kind of funny because I never got to know you well until we had our fancy dinner night and you are an excellent storyteller. You can come up with some of the most incredibly random things that nobody won’t see coming.

Omagnus/Ben: Supposedly Philia thinks we’re completely alike, and in all honesty I can’t really see it. Ben, you don’t how much it means to me for what you did on Thursday night. Giving up your bed so that I could have a place to sleep, I’ll never forget that. You went way out of your way for me, and I sincerely hope you did not have to sleep anywhere uncomfortable that night. Every opportunity I had to talk to you, I enjoyed immensely because we had the opportunity to talk about a lot of subjects; I’ll be honest I’m not the most knowledgeable about a lot of things, and you actually challenged my thought process and my point of view on a lot of different topics, but you were always respectful about it. I’d be happy to talk to you about any subject, any time.

Acer/Chris: The biggest regret I have more than anything is that I did not to get to interact with you as much as what I would liked to. Your definitely the master of entertainment and anything tied to the words insane and unexpected. You can't really go to these one of these meets without getting a great big acer hug or two. Thanks for taking the time to make that masterpiece of the amalgamation of space jam and the chamber of secrets.

Deni/Lucas: I couldn't of asked for a better room-mate. You are the ultimate story-teller out of this entire group. I can't tell you out of all the time I've been on this forum how many stories I remember that you have told on this site. You made me feel really welcome throughout the entire meet, and you know just those simple days I would get a random chest tap or a pat on the back. It really meant a lot. I will gladly be on the receiving end of your jokes anytime, because I can take it.

Skills/Frans: My best friend on these forums. There is not really any other way I can put it. Thanks for looking after me, and more importantly thanks for being the highlight of watching the E3 conference. There is no other person that can rant about video games in such a direct and vulgar fashion, you have made me laugh on more than one occasion with your tasteful rants. Who knew I was so good at Mario Kart 7, probably the only game I can kick your ass at. Loved the conversations we had, and thanks again for being understanding.

Tawnee/Fernando: This guy, we have a video game rivalry going on. Fernando and I, played a whole ton of super puzzle fighter II turbo, and boy was it intense. We were going back and forth and there really was no clear cut winner. Some of those matches were pretty intense and right down to the wire, so if we end up playing that game again, we'll have to continue that rivalry. I hope your playthrough of star ocean 2 is going well, some of those boss fights will rape you if your not prepared.

nuttyturnip/Nathan: It was always a pleasure to talk to you about a variety of different topics. For all the conversations we've had on the radio show so long ago, it felt that I knew everything about you already. Thanks for bringing in the moonshine, but I'm sorry to say, my stuff I helped my dad make is much more potent. I'll be happy to play you at poker anytime.

Qwarky/Mark: Your incredibly soft spoken Mark, but you were an enjoyable persons to talk to. Funny enough it seems like my best conversations with a lot of people at the Meet have been in the hot tub. Heaven only knows Mark, what they'll keep you dressing you up as every year you come to these things.

Tritoch/Devin: Your insanely fucking good at Super Smash Bros and I don't think I'll ever be good at that game. I never got a chance to interact with you that much, I guess we were always in different sections of the house. You've had more than your share of amusing things to say.

Mo0/Jay: One sentence. "Deni hit me, and it hurt." Always a constant source of entertainment of Mo0 and I didn't get much of a chance to talk with you, but your antics and some of your quick witted banter was always appreciated.

In conclusion, thanks for one of the most entertaining times I've had in my entire life. I don't really get a chance to do a lot of things for myself and there aren't a lot of situations where I can comfortably be myself and this was one of the few experiences in which I could. I really hope I can make it to another one, but all in due time.

Thanks

Currently Playing: Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [17] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #82 of 83]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal