Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Arkhangelsk's Journal

Arkhangelsk's Journal Statistics
View Arkhangelsk's profile
Entries 207 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 13 entries are private (6.28% of total)
Views 93615
Replies Arkhangelsk has made 1181 comments [view stats]
Comments 1403 comments (6.78 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 73 props given to Arkhangelsk [who be proppin?]
Buddies 42 buddies
Relation You are not Arkhangelsk's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Oct 25, 2008 - 11:20 PM
So I'm potentially getting a new laptop at no cost to myself...
It comes down to the eternal question:

MAC or PC?

I'm debating whether or not to get a Mac, for the simple fact that they're a lot faster, and occasionally lighter-weight than the type of PC laptop I normally get. I also loathe Vista (which is installed on all the PCs on campus now), but that's a moot point since I can get XP installed on the majority of custom-built machines. I used to not like the input devices for macbooks, as the keyboards felt gummy and I'm partial to my left-and-right mouse clicking. However, one of my friends got a Macbook about 6 months ago, and her keyboard is significantly better than any of the older ones I've tried.

This will be my third laptop, as I try to buy a new one every time I go to a different school (or in other words, every 3-4 years). However, this is an important one, as I will probably not go to another school after grad school, and therefore will keep this upcoming laptop for as long as it will run. If I get a PC, I'm honestly not sure what kind I want to go with, so I'm looking for brands as well; I've had good luck with my current Dell, and there are significant discounts here on campus for Dell and Mac computers, so that's kind of what I'm looking at. Initially, I wanted a tablet PC, but I've thrown that idea out the door because several engineering majors have told me the technology just isn't that stable for them yet.

So give me some pros and cons, folks.
I already know the direction some people are going to tell me to go in .

Currently Playing: Hindemith - Der Schwanendreher

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 bottles)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #181 of 194]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Arkhangelsk's Journal