Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Arkhangelsk's Journal

Arkhangelsk's Journal Statistics
View Arkhangelsk's profile
Entries 207 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 13 entries are private (6.28% of total)
Views 93280
Replies Arkhangelsk has made 1181 comments [view stats]
Comments 1403 comments (6.78 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 73 props given to Arkhangelsk [who be proppin?]
Buddies 42 buddies
Relation You are not Arkhangelsk's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
May 16, 2008 - 01:01 AM
Advice on buying a used car.
-_-
Okay, so I'm utterly clueless as to how one goes about buying a used car.
Here's the situation: my parents were supposed to get me a one-way ticket back to California, because I was supposed to drive my isuzu back to school at the end of August. For whatever reason (my mom cites plane ticket costs, but I know better), she got me a round-trip ticket, so guess who won't have a car next semester?
I've already stressed to them multiple times how important it is for me to have a car here in Texas. Yes, even with the cost of gas going through the roof; in order to do the maximum amount of gigs, you need transportation to get to said gigs. I only have one more year here, and in that year I'll need more money than ever (the government has seen fit to give me nothing for my last year of college).

So I'm thinking of just getting myself a car here in Texas. But how to do that?

- What should I be wary of (I would rather not get a lemon...)?
- What questions should I ask to make sure that I don't get taken, or what should I be on the lookout for?
- Any particular cars that hold up better over time? I'm thinking to be pretty cheap here...anywhere from $1300-2000 max, so I doubt I'll be getting anything remotely new.
- Is there any place online that is reliable? (I thought about eBay motors, but everything gets out of my "price range" pretty quick)
- Does anybody have experience with Auto Auctions and the kind of cars they deal in?

This thing just has to be able to get me around for about a year, and if it's not too shabby, then I'll think about driving it to wherever I'm headed for grad school -- which probably will be midwest/east coastish.

Currently Playing: DDR Konamix

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 bottles)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #166 of 194]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Arkhangelsk's Journal