Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Eleo's Journal

Eleo's Journal Statistics
View Eleo's profile
Entries 163 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (0.61% of total)
Views 69247
Replies Eleo has made 722 comments [view stats]
Comments 1268 comments (7.78 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 84 props given to Eleo [who be proppin?]
Buddies 15 buddies
Relation You are not Eleo's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Sep 26, 2006 - 05:57 PM
Alright, this is retarded
I previously ordered a certain motherboard from a certain site that misled me into thinking that the board supported DDR2-800 when on the official website it said that it didn't. After finding this out I filed an RMA saying that according to the manufacturer it doesn't officially support DDR2-800 and the listing on the seller's website was misleading and that I wanted a full refund.

Of course between the time that I sent it back and the time they received it and reviewed my claim, the manufacturer revised their specs, despite the fact that a representative e-mailed me and told me that the board only officially supports up to DDR2-667. Now I've got the seller like "oh you owe us restocking fees and your shipping will not be refunded."

Like, what the fuck? That's not even fair. The manufacturer told me something directly that may or may not be true and based on that information and the false information on the seller's site I sent the item back, but now it's like "oh btw j/k" so now I've got to pay for it. I'm pissed off as hell.

I'm going to continue to try to argue this and if that doesn't work, take it to my credit card company. I'm furious I only wish web.archive.org had a snapshot of the site earlier this month or last month where the official website itself said the board only supported DDR2-667. Too bad web.archive.org sucks and never really has anything useful.

In fact if you look here, here is it shown not supporting DDR2-800. Obviously they modified other listings to try to show that it does, but missed this one. (look at the 975X7AB-8EKRS2H)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 wolfsangel)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #154 of 162]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Eleo's Journal